• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
this update is the big one. i'm not even sure if my phone will be supported, it's kinda old.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
It's up and live! (>300MB in game update, by the way)

Plenty of new, interesting stuff!

-edit-
Might as well copy the patchnotes:

Introducing the Cabin!
15421580967899b642f59ec6d55a073980404071fb3749b237

The cabin has been added to the map! This is a room that you can decorate with furniture, much like you do with the campsite.

1542616375fe5e89b505ce7883a52df052ee42993508fdedad

You can even invite your favorite animals to come hang out at your cabin! You can use wallpaper and flooring to customize your room.

Note: You can use the cabin when you reach level 15.

Picture-Perfect Friend List
15427716379ddfa8a5c52cf82cdeae0e377984762479a7227a

You can now register a photo you took within Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp as your Fave Photo in your Friend List! Furthermore, you can now give Kudos and help your friends in Shovelstrike Quarry from your Friend List!

■ You can now:
· Register a Fave Photo to the Friend List
· Give Kudos or Help in Shovelstrike Quarry from the Friend List
· Buy Market Box items from the Player Information page
· Check how many Kudos a player has received from the My Information and Player Information pages

Notes:
· You can view the My Information and Player Information pages by tapping on Details from the Friend List.
· You can only view exact numbers for the Kudos you have received.
· Only an approximation of the number of Kudos your friends have received is displayed.
· All Kudos received after 28/11/2018 at 6:00 a.m. have been counted.
· Fave Photos registered to the Friend List can be changed once every 24 hours.
· You can choose whether to make your Fave Photo public or private.

The new and improved picture-perfect Friend List is available now!

Inventory Increase
· The maximum capacity for furniture and clothing items have each been increased from 2,000 to 3,000.
· The maximum capacity for Collected Items has been increased by 50.
· You can use Leaf Tickets to increase your Collected Items inventory space by a maximum of 200.

More Updates
· If you have multiple special furniture items in your campsite or cabin, like K.K. Slider's chair, up to four special animals can now visit at once, instead of just one. Two or more of the same animal cannot visit at once.
· You can now skip various animations. Animations that can be skipped will have a "Skip" check box displayed on the pop-up window. You can turn animation skipping on or off by tapping the check box.
· You can now level up amenities from the Craft menu even if they aren't currently placed in your campsite.

Other Adjustments
· We made adjustments to some of the special animal dialogue that displays when special furniture is placed in your campsite or cabin.
· All lamp-type furniture placed in your campsite, camper, or cabin will turn on at the same time.
· We made adjustments to some of the Goals.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I put all my maxed campers in there to keep them out of the area rotations. Now to fill my campsite with civic ones to finish off that amenity.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Some very nice updates but I'm a little disappointed it's still lacking some stuff I've been hoping for.

- You still need to request quarry help 10 people at a time. With the updates to the friend list, I assumed they might change this to a single touch (like when you send gifts in FFBE) but apparently not.
- The game still needs better organization options in the menus. Why can't I sort my furniture and clothing by name yet?
- The new skip feature for some dialogue is nice but at that point, why not add a feature where you can choose to talk to the animal once and give him or her all of the items they're requesting in that 3-hour period at once? The majority of people likely skip through all dialogue every time at this point.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me was hoping they would repeat events from last year with items I already had. Nope. Time to keep on going. Can't stop now! :)

I do appreciate Nintendo calling the holiday what it really is: Toy Day

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Part of me was hoping they would repeat events from last year with items I already had. Nope. Time to keep on going. Can't stop now! :)

I do appreciate Nintendo calling the holiday what it really is: Toy Day
I wish they did not shove old event items behind the paid fortune cookies but getting them that way is another incentive for people to spend money.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone. I started Pocket Camp overnight after having it on my phone for a year now. ha

Would anyone like to be friends?

Phil - 1070 8510 295

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I started Pocket Camp overnight after having it on my phone for a year now. ha

Would anyone like to be friends?

Phil - 1070 8510 295
Added. I need to replenish my friend's list:) But I have my pile of "rich animal presents" to keep me happy... This scavenger hunt seems to run a long time.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you to those who have added me thus far. I think I have enough friends to do the shovel place at the top of the map now.

rock

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i played this a lot when it first came out, and was wondering if someone knew of a good update summary? specifically have they added lots of new dialogue improvements?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
if anyone is just starting the game and wants some bells to get some help, just let me know

at this point i have so many bells they're collecting dust

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to use Lloid. They won't beat me! Though I probably won't finish all the extra tasks. I finished the main event. So I'm content.

I should hand out all my remaining wings.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Reading the latest patchnotes it would seem like this is another significant upgrade. I wasn't expecting another friendship level cap raise so soon either!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Lychee? Everyone else gets grapes or lemons, and I get lychees?

Then I complete a sparkle stone map, but don't get credit for it towards the goal? Bah! I don't understand how to get new maps anyway. Though 30k bells a roll on ticket maps sounds like a good way to quickly burn through my millions...

Pete is nice though.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lychee? Everyone else gets grapes or lemons, and I get lychees?

Then I complete a sparkle stone map, but don't get credit for it towards the goal? Bah! I don't understand how to get new maps anyway. Though 30k bells a roll on ticket maps sounds like a good way to quickly burn through my millions...

Pete is nice though.
Jealous! I love lychees!

and I was just gonna say that, finally something to spend my Bells on

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Jealous! I love lychees!

and I was just gonna say that, finally something to spend my Bells on
My main issue with lychees in this game is that they aren't the most aesthetically pleasing fruit in the game...

I did the classic give Gulliver 10 giant dharmas, and I got a map for a new villager. Nice.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
I had all our little cuties maxed out before the update hit, with just those and not including the new visitors, you need around 3000 gold (give or take) treats to max them out to level 30. Jeepers!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
holy shit you don't have to visit people to share creatures in the gardening events anymore

this is an even bigger game changer than Pete

in fact it even tells you which creatures they still require for thieir goals. that's a goddamn megaton.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I think the goals get marked as completed not when you clear the map, but when you pick up the reward from the mailbox.
Ah, I see that. You're right as it's now checked off. Nice.

Pete really gets me as I hate talking to people in real life too. It's why I buy everything online and have it shipped.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's strange to me that they added this new Pete feature and the creature-sharing feature yet you still need to cycle through 10 pages of asking for help with the quarry.

If anything was begging to be streamlined, it's that.

Ellix

Oct 26, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Pete and the garden sharing updates are excellent! I didn't really care much about leveling campers past 20 but I will at least fulfill requests now using Pete. If they'd put actual unique rewards past Lv.20 then I would probably be more motivated.

The camera upgrade is great too, we can get more variety for interior shots now.

Too bad you still can't bulk craft and Gulliver only accepts items one at a time. Luckily, he seems to fork out villager maps frequently. I hope there aren't maps that need higher valued shipments.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
This game was crashing a lot since the latest update but I eventually upgraded my iPhone to Xr and game runs much smoother, faster and no crashes yet

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Despite the game now telling you when someone doesn't need certain types of bugs, people still flooding me with them
427912469755985920.png

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
so it seems that imported fruits are worth the same amount as a perfect fruit, both in terms of sell price and rewards for gifting them to animals

wonder what a perfect imported fruit would do

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My new fruit is lemon and I had a perfect one which I sold. No idea what the gifting did.
I've had a couple perfect grapes and I gifted 'em both, it's the same as any other native perfect fruit.

definitely going to be on the lookout in market boxes for a perfect lemon or lychee... really curious to see if the dialogue /rewards are the same as for regular lemons/lychees or if it's something special.