• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Animal-Crossing-Pocket-Camp.jpg

What is it?

A mobile spin-off of the popular Animal Crossing series adored by gamers that enjoy the calmer side of video games, where the focus is normally on...well, whatever you want, make friends with the animal denziens of your town, collect fossils, fish, bugs, pay off a your bill to Tom "The Crook" Nook...the choice is yours. Unlike the main series releases though, this game focuses on the running of a camp, and searching the (currently rather small) world for various items to give to your animal friends, in an attempt to "recruit" them to your camp. The idea is that you play the game in short 10-30 minute bursts, as there is quite a fair bit of waiting involved, as you'll be ordering various pieces of furniture to appease your campers, and entice animals to come and stay there, and this can take a while to construct. In order to pad out this waiting period, you'll be exploring the games four nature areas, collecting fruit and catching bugs/fish. The game is a simple, but fun little time sink.

How do I get it?

It's out worldwide! Grab it on the appstore of your choice, it's on android and iOS, and it's free!

Micro-transactions? Gross!

I'm aware, the game does have micro-transactions, but I have to say, I've been playing it for at least two days now, and I've yet to really feel the need to use them, I mean, the game is built around only playing it for short periods of time, and then waiting anyway, and I haven't encountered any ridiculously long waits yet, the worst I've seen so far is eight hours, but if you have a life/other games to play, the time doesn't really feel like that much of a handicap. The game is also quite generous with the in-game currency used to speed up certain operations, so it really does feel like the game isn't harmed at all by you not spending money on it.

I need friends!

I've collated all the friendcodes present on this topic into a convenient little google spreadsheetherefor all of you to add from (if anyone included doesn't want to be, please PM me, I'll remove it, no questions asked), and if you want to be added to it, either drop your friendcode in a post, or PM me. (Spreadsheet is currently being updated)

I also created a Discord chat for market box requests and quarry help, you can find that here.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Great solid OT.

Wasn't expecting much from the game when it was announced but Nintendo won me over with the Direct. Hope we got iPad support right on launch day.

GitGudSam

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised that Australia got it first! Now just waiting for a game where Canadians get it first ;)

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Surprised that Australia got it first! Now just waiting for a game where Canadians get it first ;)

I still don't quite understand the logic with putting Australia first. Was it just random? I get they need to maybe test the architecture of the game and stuff like that, but did they just throw a dart at the world map? It's so strange.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't quite understand the logic with putting Australia first. Was it just random? I get they need to maybe test the architecture of the game and stuff like that, but did they just throw a dart at the world map? It's so strange.
Australia is one of those common 'test countries' for apps. I guess because it has a smaller population than say the US or Japan, or a smaller number of app users, or both? You often see mobile games soft-launching in Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Brazil...

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't progressed that far yet (downloaded the Australian version), but I'm loving it in 30 minute bursts.

The battery saver option also seems to work very damn well in my experience on my Pixel XL. Framerate gets a bit iffy at times.

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I haven't progressed that far yet (downloaded the Australian version), but I'm loving it in 30 minute bursts.

The battery saver option also seems to work very damn well in my experience on my Pixel XL. Framerate gets a bit iffy at times.

Ah, someone else has played it. Quick question, have you had issues with it randomly dropping connection? I'm not sure if it's due to me not actually being in Australia or something like that.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded this a couple of days ago with my NZ Apple account, but I haven't actually played very much of it yet. Might get into it tomorrow. I do like what I've seen though; it definitely feels like an AC game.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, someone else has played it. Quick question, have you had issues with it randomly dropping connection? I'm not sure if it's due to me not actually being in Australia or something like that.

I've always been connected to WiFi while playing it, and I've never experienced a dropped connection. I'm not sure about dropped connection on LTE.

I downloaded this a couple of days ago with my NZ Apple account, but I haven't actually played very much of it yet. Might get into it tomorrow. I do like what I've seen though; it definitely feels like an AC game.

The last AC game I played was the one on GameCube, so booting it up on my phone with the volume turned up.... wave of nostalgia. I usually play phone games with the audio completely muted, but with this game I need the audio.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Cannot wait for this game. I was utterly shocked to see that it was a real, legitimate Animal Crossing game, even if in bite-sized scale. I really hope mechanics like the net and honey-to-catch-bugs carry over to the inevitable Switch game!

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Really dug New Leaf , especially after the Amiibo update. I actually spend $30 buying those NFC cards for them to get villagers I wanted.
It's really insidious because the cards are a few $ a pack and they add up very quickly.

I fear this game will turn me into an addict.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Have been playing pretty frequently since it came out, just about to hit level 22. Haven't spent a dime on it yet and never once felt like the timers were an issue. Really enjoying it though, despite a few omissions I wish were in there.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Android, it doesn't completely ruin the experience for me though, just on the odd occasion it'll have an issue connecting.

Yeah that's odd, I also never linked my Nintendo Account if that makes a difference.

My ID is 6169 6947 732 if you wanted to friend me. I'm usually on when I'm laying in bed, or on the toilet. I'm still figuring out how to get 5 people together to go to
Shovelstrike Quarry

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
These are the animals that you can meet:

• Goldie
  • Kid Cat
  • Agnes
  • Stella
  • Cheri
  • Apple
  • Apollo
  • Alfonso
  • Bitty
  • Eloise
  • Sandy
  • Bud
  • Chrissy
  • Ketchup
  • Flip
  • Rex
  • Roscoe
  • Butch
  • Moe
  • Angus
  • Peewee
  • Tad
  • Charlise
  • Jay
  • Fauna
  • Hamlet
  • Cherry
  • Punchy
  • Rosie
  • Hopkins
  • Beau
  • Roald
  • Tex
  • Maggie
  • Carrie
  • Peanut
  • Kyle
  • Filbert
  • Bunnie
  • Lily

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cannot wait for this game. I was utterly shocked to see that it was a real, legitimate Animal Crossing game, even if in bite-sized scale. I really hope mechanics like the net and honey-to-catch-bugs carry over to the inevitable Switch game!

Oh definitely, I hope some of the features present here are kind of a dry run for the Switch AC. I really like the friendship system, maybe it needs a bit more complexity added to it, but it gives a nice little extra dynamic.

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm gonna post up my friend code, feel free to add, be good to get some Era-ites on, actually get access to some of the systems that require friends.

2984 9121 585

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I totally need more friends to help with the quarry on the regular. Feel free to add me, I also like to buy out your market boxes!

0916-7806-144

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this was up already, thanks for the heads up! Still have to catch the Direct as well. Shame that you can't link to your Nintendo account if the regions don't match but guess it makes sense. Any in game rewards available on My Nintendo or anything yet for those who can link?

KOT

Oct 27, 2017
Minsk
I could say I'd wait for the official release... But as of yet Nintendo hasn't made any of their games available in my country's store so I'll have to go the alternative way around anyway.

But oh well whatever, I guess it's time to abandon social life again. Here's just hoping that Nin won't turn it into cash cow.

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Didn't realize this was up already, thanks for the heads up! Still have to catch the Direct as well. Shame that you can't link to your Nintendo account if the regions don't match but guess it makes sense. Any in game rewards available on My Nintendo or anything yet for those who can link?

In terms of in-game rewards, you get 100 leaf tickets, quite a nice little bonus, especially at the start of the game.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017

Besides the 100 Leaf Tickets for completing the Stretch Goal you can get:

OK Motors cap 300 points
OK Motors jacket 300 points
5000 Bells 100 points
20 Wood 50 points
20 Steel 50 points
20 Cotton 50 points
20 Paper 50 points
20 Preserves 50 points
50 Leaf Tickets 0 points

And the missions to do are linking your accounts and completing camper requests.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of in-game rewards, you get 100 leaf tickets, quite a nice little bonus, especially at the start of the game.

Besides the 100 Leaf Tickets for completing the Stretch Goal you can get:

OK Motors cap 300 points
OK Motors jacket 300 points
5000 Bells 100 points
20 Wood 50 points
20 Steel 50 points
20 Cotton 50 points
20 Paper 50 points
20 Preserves 50 points
50 Leaf Tickets 0 points

And the missions to do are linking your accounts and completing camper requests.
Awesome, thank you! Guess I'll probably just make an Australian Nintendo account then just to have.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
you guys think it's safe to link your Nintendo Account to the game when you're from Europe and just downloaded the APK?

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at level 15 or so and I think I'm done with the game for now. It's not bad for what it is but to me Animal Crossing is all about its soul, the feeling of relaxation, building and caring for something, watching the animals living their life, and getting to know them. Pocket Camp is lacking pretty much all of that which isn't surprising but my initial impression was it could be a little more. Instead of relaxing, it's pretty much all grind, the animals are more or less lifeless props, and there is little actual point in improving the camp. On the one hand, it's a bit disappointing because it could be more, on the other, it makes me somewhat happy because they are not even trying to "compete" with an AC for Switch as some were expecting them to. Was fun for a few hours though!

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just not going to link my Nintendo account until it launches in Canada, hopefully that won't be an issue.

If anyone would care to add me, my friend code is 2483-2498-492. My PC is female this go around, thought it'd be nice to shake things up a little :).

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just downloaded the game today. Have added most if not all the IDs so far. Please add me if you want to. My ID is 5996 5754 843

OP
OP
Promo

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Considering creating a Discord chat, just for things like the Quarry, or if someone needs a specific item, that someone else may have.

Would anyone be interested in that?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Going to wait for the official release over here, but I'm looking forward to seeing people's impressions in the meantime

neko

Oct 25, 2017
Pokke Village, Sweden
These are the animals that you can meet:

• Goldie
  • Kid Cat
  • Agnes
  • Stella
  • Cheri
  • Apple
  • Apollo
  • Alfonso
  • Bitty
  • Eloise
  • Sandy
  • Bud
  • Chrissy
  • Ketchup
  • Flip
  • Rex
  • Roscoe
  • Butch
  • Moe
  • Angus
  • Peewee
  • Tad
  • Charlise
  • Jay
  • Fauna
  • Hamlet
  • Cherry
  • Punchy
  • Rosie
  • Hopkins
  • Beau
  • Roald
  • Tex
  • Maggie
  • Carrie
  • Peanut
  • Kyle
  • Filbert
  • Bunnie
  • Lily
No Bob or Static? :cry:

Considering creating a Discord chat, just for things like the Quarry, or if someone needs a specific item, that someone else may have.

Sure, I'd join.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I would not mind the Nov release date if it wasn't for 1 single region in the world actually getting the game and seeing stuff posted that makes me want to play it. I want to link My Nintendo etc... so will not use the region work around. It does look good for a mobile game and if it's as generous as FEH on the main currency, I will be playing for a long time.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried for f2p; I've hit some lv 10 animals and it they require some 18+ hours craft to unlock to 15 (along with the amenity). Needing that second craft slot, but I don't even have the leaf tickets for the 2 special items, wonder what seasonal events are going to do...

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ughh... So how do you guys feel about this game?
It was fun for the first two hours I'd say but now I can see how's the grind is going to be more or less and it kind of turns me off.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried for f2p; I've hit some lv 10 animals and it they require some 18+ hours craft to unlock to 15 (along with the amenity). Needing that second craft slot, but I don't even have the leaf tickets for the 2 special items, wonder what seasonal events are going to do...

I bought all extra craft slots plus some item slots. Now I'm waiting on a 40+ hour craft and I still have enough tickets to complete it immediately if I wanted to (but I'm not going to).

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I have an old server from the old site that centered on New Leaf. It could be used or a Pocket Camp specific one could be made.