• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The fishing event goals seemed extremely high at first. 16,000? But the gold goal is still 9000. There's just more post gold goals... and then when I caught fish, the sizes seem much higher than usual too.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Double Coelacanth though

KBYhreObR7eFPG3pQfUWsw.png

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally got all of the Character Maps!

still haven't explored them all yet but that can wait

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, these rewards seem squarely aimed towards veteran players. It is likely that most of the active players are fairly high level, though... so the prices make sense.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have a Happy Home list? Wanted to get started in crafting each thing and had a Google/check on Reddit but can't find one.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There was one class for which I needed a "Table Lamp" and I couldn't figure out why I didn't have one. Finally I googled it and found out it's only available through Tommy's Cookie.

So I ate all ~30 Tommy's Cookies I had saved up over all this time... no luck....

I sure got a lot of Boston Bags and Showers though! Apparently every item available through that cookie has similar chance of being awarded so it was even more annoying.

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
Cute game so far but it's making me wish AC was out already haha.

Yeah. I've been playing for a while but I'm really not that into decorating the campsite or camper van or anything and I feel that's the major appeal for a lot of people. I just play now for the events and because it's kind of relaxing to log in and spend 20 minutes collecting stuff. I really miss the proper AC experience but I'm not gonna go back to the 3ds game.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Honestly, I could totally see me playing this game for two years thinking "I wish this were a fully realized AC game", and then when the real game ships I'll play it for two weeks and then forget about it because it isn't on my phone. Sometimes you just can't win, right?

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
An out of the blue campaign to link Nintendo accounts to ACPC? Is news of the Switch version coming soon... or is that just wishful thinking:)

I'd also like to thank the random number gods who saw fit to grow one whole bee from a crop of 20 flowers, and then proceed to have me miss catching it...

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finally found a perfect lemon in a friend's market box so, as I know this is of paramount importance to everyone, I can regale you all with the dialogue / rewards for this particular type of item (foreign perfect fruit) when gifted

btw they are worth 3000 bells when sold

D1Q5J7CVYAACta0.jpg:small
D1Q5KhGU0AA-gNt.jpg:small
D1Q5K_zU4AAfZcL.jpg:small
D1Q5LesU4AAnZrf.jpg:small

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I caved and bought the golden rod. I almost didn't in protest of Nintendo refusing to sell me a copy of NSMBU for MAR10, but I have a bunch of leaf tickets saved up since I almost never spend them. So I might as well... I want those fish balloons.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I'm not touching that Rod. Mostly because I kind of dislike Chip and how pushy he is with that thing.

"Do you want to rent this?" "Do you?" "Do you!?"

tenor.gif

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Someone else can confirm, but I do think Perfect Foreign Fruit are the only items which, when gifted, make the animals respond with the large text size and plays that bass chord.

They don't sell for as high a price as a Tuna for example, but they do seem to be considered the rarest / best things you can give.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the new villagers brought along new furniture requests.

I was actually dreading this but as soon as I realised they could all move into my camp without any furniture requests was I hella relieved.

I just need a blasted lamp that can only be obtained from Tommy's cookie for that HH room and I've noticed since the update we get less fortune cookies being handed out.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just need a blasted lamp that can only be obtained from Tommy's cookie for that HH room and I've noticed since the update we get less fortune cookies being handed out.
Same. This lamp is infuriating me.

Worst part is it seems as though there aren't any other furnitures which give a good score in its place so I think the only way to get the third medal is to have it. Unless someone can disprove that theory!

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Same. This lamp is infuriating me.

Worst part is it seems as though there aren't any other furnitures which give a good score in its place so I think the only way to get the third medal is to have it. Unless someone can disprove that theory!
I've been able to get three medals on certain Normal courses while missing one (and I believe in some cases, two) "Flawless!" items. Just try different items until you see "Good Eye!" I even tried the same course twice with two different "Good Eye!" items and got different final scores each time, so different items are definitely worth different amounts.

The Event courses, on the other hand, are pretty strict. I've managed to get up to 2 medals on the Easy courses even when I have only one of the fortune cookie items, but that's usually only because I was lucky enough to be able to substitute a different fortune cookie item.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been able to get three medals on certain Normal courses while missing one (and I believe in some cases, two) "Flawless!" items. Just try different items until you see "Good Eye!" I even tried the same course twice with two different "Good Eye!" items and got different final scores each time, so different items are definitely worth different amounts.

The Event courses, on the other hand, are pretty strict. I've managed to get up to 2 medals on the Easy courses even when I have only one of the fortune cookie items, but that's usually only because I was lucky enough to be able to substitute a different fortune cookie item.
Yeah I getcha, I've done that myself on a few normal classes, mostly for ones which require duplicates of a certain item. The issue with this lamp seemingly is that there aren't any alternatives which say "Good Eye!"

I've tried everything! D:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

sadly none of these give "good eye"

KmXTcQR.png

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on getting the lamp! I really wish they would just let us trade items, because somehow I have 5 of them, lol.

And these garden events are getting more and more insufferable with the spawn and catch rates. I'd glady give up 80 LT to basically guarantee finishing the event like you can do with the Fishing Tourney's Golden Rod. But 10 LT to catch one creature is ridiculous. There's nothing quite as soul crushing as waiting 3 hours for flowers to bloom, only for one creature to spawn, and then failing to catch that creature.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Congrats on getting the lamp! I really wish they would just let us trade items, because somehow I have 5 of them, lol.

And these garden events are getting more and more insufferable with the spawn and catch rates. I'd glady give up 80 LT to basically guarantee finishing the event like you can do with the Fishing Tourney's Golden Rod. But 10 LT to catch one creature is ridiculous. There's nothing quite as soul crushing as waiting 3 hours for flowers to bloom, only for one creature to spawn, and then failing to catch that creature.
how much flower food do you have stocked up? if you're having trouble finishing then you may as well just use it

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
how much flower food do you have stocked up? if you're having trouble finishing then you may as well just use it
Over 1,000, lol. But I'm the type to stock up on 99 Megalixirs before I start using them.

I don't even mind waiting for the flowers to grow, or even low spawn rates. But to add miniscule catch rates on top of that just makes the second half of garden events a chore. I just wish there was a Golden Watering Can or Net that you could rent for 80 LT that would guarantee catches.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The morganite butterfly grow/catch rates are terrible for me. When I caught the last morgan fly to finally unlock the bonus tasks, I instantly completed all the azure tasks I had caught so many already, lol. Not that the bonus items are very interesting... so many maps.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
a little late but incase you haven't logged on

These reissue material can be obtained from completing the new Happy Home tasks
Tx7T2nf.png

also bonus gift

iv1aiKw.png

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
600 eggs for the plushie??? Insane. Add another 120 for the set of eggs... the whole 5 I got from the quarry today ain't gonna cut it.

I was waiting for them to start reissuing items. So that's nice to see? Though I realized I already have everything from the first few series they made available.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Is there some secret to farming eggs/gyroids for events like this? 600 for that plushie seems impossible in the time given. I've crafted all the Bunny Day eggs, but I've only gotten ~150 eggs towards the plushie. Do they respawn at certain times or what? Sometimes I will go back and get zero eggs spawned, then check again 5 min. later and the map is full. Seems random.

I also do the quarry which seems to give only ~15 eggs once per day.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some secret to farming eggs/gyroids for events like this? 600 for that plushie seems impossible in the time given. I've crafted all the Bunny Day eggs, but I've only gotten ~150 eggs towards the plushie. Do they respawn at certain times or what? Sometimes I will go back and get zero eggs spawned, then check again 5 min. later and the map is full. Seems random.

iirc one spawns every 4 minutes or so; there's a limit so the simple way is to check at 1 hour intervals as the max is like 12 or so minutes after the hour.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

There's a pretty good guide on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACPocketCamp/comments/bcvsf4/how_to_collect_the_most_bunnyday_eggs/

I do egg runs 5-6 times a day, plus get eggs from camp villagers and quarry, and so far I'm at 335 (+120 for the items already crafted). And that's with 7 days to go. God help the crazy people who want two bunny plushies, though.