• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
I was so excited about the Table Lamp that I rushed to do the Happy Home thing, forgetting that I hadn't done the ones for the fishing event yet....

So I had to spend a golden ticket to replenish my vouchers.

I wasn't even close on that one, lol. I'd finished all the others but this was far, far, out of reach. D:
I think if it had been any (lower) amount I would've had it. The number of times I got a 103 or 104 was ridiculous.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
aRO2qq9.mp4

SLMKlnf.jpg

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Whoooo! Animal Crossing Switch! ...in 2020. So still a bit off.

Isabelle's new mandate of only updating the quarry twice a day sucks. Today I got wood and cotton. No gyroids. Booo. On the plus side, the 'prizes' take less gyroids to craft this event at least.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I missed out on gyroids in the quarry today too. :/ Would be nice if they could guarantee one rotation per day during these events.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is it just me or did they increase the quarry item payouts? I got over three times as many gyroids as I did during the last event.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel sometimes that I'm being obnoxious when I ask for daily quarry help so the last few hunts I've tried to just get most of them on my own.

also if it's of any importance to some of you folk...

There isn't a direct connection between New Horizons and Pocket Camp

"We want to make sure to separate the gameplay because we feel they're two different types of games," Kyogoku said. Though they won't have any sort of direct connectivity, there are already collaboration items being planned for the two games.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't think there's anything I want added to a mobile game more than the ability to give multiple snacks at once in Pocket Camp.

Using those +2 snacks is so time consuming. I have like 100 of the bronze treats.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So who here has done the Brake Tapper mini-game enough where you got enough caps for all three t-shirts, the OK Motors sign and the Giovanni statue?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
stop putting all the new animals behind Blathers maps you cowards

I want new furniture sets!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Some weird rebalancing coming to various furniture items, which will affect the sale price of some items, and also how many points they will earn from Gulliver and Happy Home

More importantly though, now you'll be able to reclaim items when you remove them from your market box rather than them disappearing into the void!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Some weird rebalancing coming to various furniture items, which will affect the sale price of some items, and also how many points they will earn from Gulliver and Happy Home

More importantly though, now you'll be able to reclaim items when you remove them from your market box rather than them disappearing into the void!
The market box change is nice, but I don't understand the item rebalancing. Like, why? It's not like this is a multiplayer game where weapons are OP/UP and need correcting. Changing this is, odd.

What golden tickets?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Based on the lack of replies in this thread, I'm guessing not well.

plz plz plz let me give villagers multiple treats at once.

150+ bronze treats are just going to sit there otherwise.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the lack of replies in this thread, I'm guessing not well.

The game's been going downhill for a few months now, with a lot of the changes only serving to push away casual players. Like lots of other mobile games in their death throes, they're basically just catering to whales now and trying to squeeze whatever money they can from them.

As much as I enjoy the game for what it is, I hope it just crashes and burns so they can port everything over to New Horizons. I want that ice skating rink on my deserted island!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The game's been going downhill for a few months now, with a lot of the changes only serving to push away casual players. Like lots of other mobile games in their death throes, they're basically just catering to whales now and trying to squeeze whatever money they can from them.

I don't even know if that's is working, if that's what they're trying to do. You can't craft the golden series with leaf tickets and that's the long term series they added in. You still need the 1,000,000 bells. I guess you could... get a ton of bell maps and then spend money on tickets to complete them?

But it just seems silly. I'm crafting my final golden series piece now and I spent absolutely no real money on the game.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know if that's is working, if that's what they're trying to do. You can't craft the golden series with leaf tickets and that's the long term series they added in. You still need the 1,000,000 bells. I guess you could... get a ton of bell maps and then spend money on tickets to complete them?

But it just seems silly. I'm crafting my final golden series piece now and I spent absolutely no real money on the game.
I was talking more about the fortune cookies, LT only craftable items, decreased LT rewards, new villagers locked behind trash bird maps, etc. Certainly there's still a lot for F2P players to get, but so much more is now locked behind LT.

Even then, I feel like a lot of the free events have gotten harder over the pass few months:

- Fishing events are back to only 5 days, and you pretty much have to do 7/8 cycles every day to ensure getting the last unique reward. Plus there's the change from 7 guaranteed fish each cycle to a random amount from 6-9.
- Gyroid events now have a big item that costs hundreds of gyroids (though they seemingly backed off on that a bit with the most recent event).
- Part 2 of garden events went from 7 days back to 6 days. I dunno if they changed the spawn/catch rates or if I've just gotten exceptionally bad RNG lately, but Part 2 has been taking me longer to complete than it used to. Part of that could be so many of my gardening buddies dropping the game recently.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
The catch rate is quite bad but almost there. I'm not really stressing over this event tbh.. if I miss out on obtaining the last bits then so be it.
QMULeEI.jpg

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Mother of God.

Bundled snacks.

Goodbye, 180 bronze treats.

Now just let me eat multiple fortune cookies at once and give us an one-click option for asking for help in the quarry.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nice update. In addition to the mentioned updates I like the favorite item/clothing option as it can get tiresome scrolling for the one I want (well, still is when the item isn't favored yet...).

I'm not sure about this hello kitty event, but eh, it won't stop me (at least the non leafy ticket items). One of my favorite things to do is browse /r/acpocketcamp to see what people post with new event items

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Coincidence or has the spawn rate for rare species gone WAY up since the update?
It was mentioned in the patch notes: "We have adjusted the appearance rates of some fish and insects." Looks like those gigantic King versions of fish are super rare, though. Using the nets gives you a 0.1% chance of getting them. But apparently you get a guaranteed sparkle stone if you give one to a villager.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It was mentioned in the patch notes: "We have adjusted the appearance rates of some fish and insects." Looks like those gigantic King versions of fish are super rare, though. Using the nets gives you a 0.1% chance of getting them. But apparently you get a guaranteed sparkle stone if you give one to a villager.
ahh, interesting...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm coming back to the game temporarily for the Sanrio characters, how exactly do Gyroid scavenger hunts work? You just have to keep checking all the areas? When do they respawn?

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming back to the game temporarily for the Sanrio characters, how exactly do Gyroid scavenger hunts work? You just have to keep checking all the areas? When do they respawn?

There are 18 max hidden across all locations, and will respawn 1 every 4 minutes. I usually just go to one, maybe two, spots (beach is my favorite:) as the bulk seem to appear in the first location you visit. And then return in like an hour. You can also get a few for talking with animals in your camp and from the quarry.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
There are 18 max hidden across all locations, and will respawn 1 every 4 minutes. I usually just go to one, maybe two, spots (beach is my favorite:) as the bulk seem to appear in the first location you visit. And then return in like an hour. You can also get a few for talking with animals in your camp and from the quarry.
Thank you.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I didn't even notice till I finally started construction that the Hello Kitty Tent was an amenity!

How nice to finally have a new amenity.... after so long....

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm looks like they haven't rectified that bug.

Had a camper at level 14 so I gifted cookies in bulk enough to push the level till it soared past 16. Usually at level 15 the camper will ask you to craft a special item for them but it looks like I might be screwed.. :/

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that the latest reissue items are fishing event items. I also noticed how expensive they are. Chip's hat and vest are maybe the only non-leaf ticket items I missed out on :), but they are costing me 1 million bells, 60 reissue tickets (of my 75), and a bunch of other resources. Wow. Not that I was using those resources for anything else I guess... at least Nintendo gave us 60 free leaf tickets I can put in the bank.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The only other quality of life change I hope they add is the ability to open all fortune cookies at once. It's easy to get them from people at this point. At the moment, I have 5 clothing, 10 Timmy and 9 Tommy. Takes too long to open each individually. At least let us skip the animation,.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I want a way to save camp layouts. We barely have any room to display things as it is, so a way to quickly save and load designs would be great.