• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Themed ones give more hearts if the animal's theme matches. For instance, a Gourmet treat will give 10 points to any non-Natural animal, but 15 points if you give it to a Natural.
But gourmet is the highest level of a themed snack right, and give the same amount of heart points (15) to the correct themed animal as a gold generic snack?

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
But gourmet is the highest level of a themed snack right, and give the same amount of heart points (15) to the correct themed animal as a gold generic snack?
Ah, you're right, good point. They really ought to double them, since it can be so hard to get Gourmet treats. I'm still missing Gourmet Popcorn after numerous trips.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Gardening time with Isabelle
Is anyone actually experiencing better appearance rates? They seem basically the same to me. Maybe they mean for the second half?

The recent fishing event was actually easier than usual, though, and it looks like the upcoming one will give up to 100 LT in rewards. Maybe they've actually been taking feedback into account.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
The second half spawn and catch rates are definitely much improved. I noticed even the hard tasks aren't as bad as they've been the past few months. I really hope this is the direction they take the game in going forward.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
At this point the thing I probably spend the most time with in this game is refilling my market box

I'm starting to grow weary of it but a lot of people buy stuff from me so I'd feel bad, lol

honestly the thing that has unexpectedly annoyed me a lot is the changes to spawn rates for the various creatures. With rare stuff coming up a lot more often it has suppressed the spawn rate of the common ones so it's taking me way longer to catch the ones I need!

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
kinda understandable. I think a lot on on my friends list have stopped due to getting burned out on this game and especially when ACNH is almost around the corner even though it's been delayed.

Some things just don't feel fun anymore in this game.

ah well.. somewhat randomly...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got the last villager map from Gulliver today. Whoever invented that system needs a stern talking to.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
You're all quitters! But it is a terrible mechanic. Wait to get lucky to get a map, and then pay a ton of essence to actually get the villager...

I got the largest item I've seen in a 5k cookie today. Some stairway to heaven thats 3x4 squares. It's huge. Too huge for the limited space you get...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
More map villagers are in with the next Sanrio goal set.
The maps themselves aren't a problem (though the roll cost is usually too high), it's the sending Gulliver out a million times to just get junk.

But speaking of the Sanrio villagers, it feels very satisfying to finally have them all at my campsite. I want the rest of the special villagers now.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
The maps themselves aren't a problem (though the roll cost is usually too high), it's the sending Gulliver out a million times to just get junk.
I hate that trash bird so much. He still owes me Gourmet Popcorn! And even though they streamlined the Gulliver process, it still feels like it takes ages to give him everything. Sometimes I'll run out of repeats to give him so I'm forced to craft 10 dharmas, which also takes forever. I'm gonna let that stupid bird drown if I ever see him in New Horizons.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
You will get that 80 leaf tickets back fast!

They seem to have been more generous with the chip challenge rewards
Chip scammed me! My haul was only 140m, with the golden rod! (And a present from a camper.) That's like the lowest I've gotten even without the rod. The fish better make up for it next round...

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Chip scammed me! My haul was only 140m, with the golden rod! (And a present from a camper.) That's like the lowest I've gotten even without the rod. The fish better make up for it next round...
This one is gonna be rough since those Goldfish are so tiny and it feels like Eels are super rare. Also, two of my fishing outings so far have only had 6 tourney fish each. On the plus side, the tourney is back to 6 days, so hopefully we get better runs later on.

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
I haven't played since close to launch but been craving some AC and it looks like they've had some great updates since I last played ☺️

Is there any reason they never put the museum in the game?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played since close to launch but been craving some AC and it looks like they've had some great updates since I last played ☺

Is there any reason they never put the museum in the game?
There is only a fraction of insects and fish in the game, along with no fossils. Other than event related fish/insects, there does not seem to be any "challenge" to getting them since there are no seasonal/time requirements for catching them.

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
Ah that makes sense. I figured they could add an island for fossils but if they have a more limited quantity in general then I can see why.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they might be switching to seasonal creatures. I've been hoarding at least 10 of each creature, but looks like I'll have to reduce my stockpiles :(

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
cKc06RF.png

BJqPEnC.png

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not normally a steampunk fan, but I'm tempted to spend some leaf tickets to get a few of those items...

AC New Horizons is still six months away:(

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hmm it doesn't seem like Gulliver is being cut? All it says is the Isabelle goal related to Gulliver will be removed from the game, and they are "updating" Gulliver.

by the sound of it though, it's being revamped which is music to my ears

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm it doesn't seem like Gulliver is being cut? All it says is the Isabelle goal related to Gulliver will be removed from the game, and they are "updating" Gulliver.

Yeah, the fact that they're updating the snacks to give more points makes me think they'll update Gulliver to entice us to go after the themed snacks more. Hopefully they'll also make it easier to get those animal maps from him.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
That was a first. All 20 of my flowers sprouted a bug, no help from anyone. I even caught 16 of them (9+7).

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

I was joking.

I know they wouldn't actually kill him... 👀

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Gulliver update is weird, but I think I prefer it to the old system. The rewards are obviously much better, and it gives us new stuff to work towards.

Edit: Seems people really fucking hate using their Sparkle Stones, lol.

Last edited:

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like that you can limit how many things people can buy from you in a day. It always annoyed me when one person just cleaned out my market box T_T

edit: also wtf you can put crafting material in the market box now o_O

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Now that I've spent some more time with the new Gulliver system, I'm not so hot on it anymore. The biggest problem is how long it takes, and that it's very resource heavy. (The essence cost is dumb.)

And it's obviously not going over well at all with the fanbase.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The new Gulliver had me completely confused at first. Picking your destination prize bucket? Great! But why the need to specifically craft cargo? Count me as one who hates to spend sparkle stones (even if I have a couple hundred saved up).

But hey! There are plenty of new goals you can gain. Earning one whole leaf ticket each!

e42hafaodzl31.jpg

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got Red Snapper Island yesterday which was hilarious. You needed to give him like... 100 Red Snappers, somehow (if not Cargo crates)