• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
It's worth noting that the repeat reissue items like the Rover and Look-Alike sets require much fewer resources than they did the first time they were reissued. I wonder if this will be the case from now on, or if it's just for the anniversary? I wanted to craft the Underwater set when it was reissued but the amount of resources it took would've drained me. These new requirements are much more manageable, so I hope it's a permanent change.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
omg lol

EIntlZHWwAI8e-s

Oct 25, 2017
i got 2 five star items in 2 days from 5000 bell fortune cookies. did they change the rates for the anniversary or am i just super lucky?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gulliver update coming soon :

Date of Implementation
· 11/21/19

Updated Content
· You will be able to export random furniture, clothing, and material items to any island.
· The amount of Bells needed to refresh the islands will be lowered.
· The time it takes the ship to return, as well as the number of export points needed to start a voyage, will be decreased.
· With the exception of the golden package, sparkle stones will not be required to craft packages.
· The number of snacks received as souvenirs will be increased, as well as other adjustments to the balance of the game.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I am not really sure of the point of the paid memberships from the consumer side but I guess the videos will explain more.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

NGL the Happy Helper plan sounds pretty good lol. It's pretty cheap too, but that cost will add up over time. Not sure I really want to go there.

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Woof. $8 for 5 cookies and storage? That's crazy.

The helper seems more reasonable, but doesn't that kind of ruin the reason to even "play" AC? Maybe I'm weird but tapping away at AC is a sort of stress/anxiety release. I also have plenty of LTs as I rarely spend those for a similar reason:)

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Woof. $8 for 5 cookies and storage? That's crazy.

The helper seems more reasonable, but doesn't that kind of ruin the reason to even "play" AC? Maybe I'm weird but tapping away at AC is a sort of stress/anxiety release. I also have plenty of LTs as I rarely spend those for a similar reason:)
IDK I think the item collecting / gardening (during events) is most of the gameplay for me... at least once the camper is fully upgraded and you feel satisfied with the layouts of your spaces

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
IDK I think the item collecting / gardening (during events) is most of the gameplay for me... at least once the camper is fully upgraded and you feel satisfied with the layouts of your spaces
I shouldn't have implied going through the process of the various events is the only reason I play, but I do enjoy it. But I do also enjoy getting the full collection of event items. If I were to miss even one... :)

Oct 25, 2017
haha, fuck off with a subscription service. i was only planning to play until new horizons came out, but now i think i'm done with this 2nd anniversary. a good jumping off point. thanks for helping me quit, nintendo.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Happy Helper plan seems totally reasonable. The cookie one is too expensive IMO.

Neither are worth freaking out over.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Happy Helper plan seems totally reasonable. The cookie one is too expensive IMO.

Neither are worth freaking out over.
The cookie one is certainly too expensive, but that is the economy they have created with the cookies. 250 tickets gets you 5 cookies. 250 leaf tickets costs... like $10.

it is what it is

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So I'm doing the trial for the $2.99 crap and I'm a little confused.

I thought this was supposed to do the animal requests for you while you're gone ... but it doesn't seem to do that? And there's a note that says animal levels don't increase?

Uh. So... what then?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I thought this was supposed to do the animal requests for you while you're gone ... but it doesn't seem to do that? And there's a note that says animal levels don't increase?

Uh. So... what then?
Maybe it only "fulfills" the requests at the end of every 3 hour segment? I bet that if you play the game at any time during a 3 hour segment, the helper will not do requests for you in that segment. I also suspect that the "requests" are kind of a sham, it just simulates it and gives you the rewards, without identifying any specific animals. That's why the friendship levels don't increase.

I'm gonna wait till December 1st to start the free trial.

Also, the Cooke Jar Island is THE TRUTH! The new Gulliver system is excellent, no complaints with it whatsoever.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Maybe it only "fulfills" the requests at the end of every 3 hour segment? I bet that if you play the game at any time during a 3 hour segment, the helper will not do requests for you in that segment. I also suspect that the "requests" are kind of a sham, it just simulates it and gives you the rewards, without identifying any specific animals. That's why the friendship levels don't increase.

That makes this feel kind of pointless. I thought the entire point was that this thing would help you with the every-three-hour requests in case you weren't able to open up the app for any reason.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

Uh. So... what then?
Yeah, without the friendship level increase it's pretty useless, especially if you've been playing for a while and are always maxed out with materials anyway. As for the help during events, I signed up last night and while I was asleep my helper got me a total of 11 gyroids. If that's the amount of "help" we get then I'm not sure the pass is for me.

New Gulliver update is fantastic though, so props to them for properly fixing it. The ability to give repeats or even materials is great. The only thing I'd change is being able to refresh islands individually.

Also, apparently old cookies now have increased chances of getting the rarer items. I can't check the new rates since you can only see them if you subscribe to the cookie plan.

And I really, really want that Pocket Camp Club Bag.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That makes this feel kind of pointless. I thought the entire point was that this thing would help you with the every-three-hour requests in case you weren't able to open up the app for any reason.
True, boosting friendship is definitely the main appeal of fulfilling requests at this point of the game for me as well

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, without the friendship level increase it's pretty useless, especially if you've been playing for a while and are always maxed out with materials anyway. As for the help during events, I signed up last night and while I was asleep my helper got me a total of 11 gyroids. If that's the amount of "help" we get then I'm not sure the pass is for me.

New Gulliver update is fantastic though, so props to them for properly fixing it. The ability to give repeats or even materials is great. The only thing I'd change is being able to refresh islands individually.

Also, apparently old cookies now have increased chances of getting the rarer items. I can't check the new rates since you can only see them if you subscribe to the cookie plan.

And I really, really want that Pocket Camp Club Bag.

The Gulliver update is great.

But yeah, I don't know if I'll keep the sub past the 30-day trial. It needs to increase the friendship level or it's nearly pointless.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The new UI update is jarring at first, but I like it. I just wish the Social ! icon for someone giving you kudos didn't override the asking for help icon still.

I like the cookie island for Gulliver. One apple and 4 minutes grabs a haul. No way I'm paying 12 tickets though for a second present...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So here's a question.

Is it better to keep maxed out animals at the cabin or allow them to pop up at the different areas?

It used to be obvious as animals at the cabin would get almost no experience but they've changed that so now I'm not sure.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So here's a question.

Is it better to keep maxed out animals at the cabin or allow them to pop up at the different areas?

It used to be obvious as animals at the cabin would get almost no experience but they've changed that so now I'm not sure.
wait they changed how the animals work at the cabin? oh crap i better start inviting them there....

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
It turns out that the Cookie Depot plan isn't a horrible deal if you're into Fortune Cookies. The subscriptions reset on the 1st of each month, so if you start a sub in the middle of the month you can end up claiming 10 cookies (500 LT worth) for 7.99 USD. Aside from the anniversary pack, usually the cheapest LT go for is 300-320 LT for 7.99 USD. Same goes for the Happy Helper plan. If you sub in the middle of a month you can end up getting 120 LT for 2.99 USD.

So here's a question.

I've kicked out all of the max animals from my cabin. The cabin gives +6 now, and usually there's 2-4 animals in there that you can talk to each cycle. I put all my Sanrio villagers in there and they're between Lv 18-22 now.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The island needing 1200 points to sail was a great way for me to get rid of friend powder fast.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Scrolling through my friend list too fast is where most of the crashes have been happening for me lately.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
yesterday i finally started my free trial of the Helper Plan, and decided on Robin for no particular reason.

so just now, as the calendar flipped to December 4th, she's following me as I walk along the riverbank, and I noticed a speech bubble over her head, as if she wanted to talk to me. Lo and behold she wanted to tell me that today (Dec 4) is her birthday. What a coincidence! Nothing else happened beyond that but it was a fun surprise!

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
There was a notification about it yesterday or the day before. I filed a couple of reports on it; it does happen when sharing in the garden.

IIRC, the notification said it would be fixed in an upcoming update.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think we need to have a serious conversation about workers' rights and fair compensation on the subject of your Camp Caretaker working throughout the night and intermittently during the day as well. Capitalism is a toxin.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I think we need to have a serious conversation about workers' rights and fair compensation on the subject of your Camp Caretaker working throughout the night and intermittently during the day as well. Capitalism is a toxin.
That lazy bum only got me 5 icedwings overnight. If anything, he should be paying me.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
heh the only thing i spend leaf tickets on is campground scenery

i wish they'd introduce new Camper designs again, it's been too long

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped spending leaf tickets a long time ago. So it's embarrassing how many I've accumulated...

Does anyone know how many villagers there are now? I can't seem to find an updated number. After a rush of maps, I'm at 176. The last couple ship refreshes had nothing new, and so I wasn't sure if there were more.