• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, Invincible is my favorite Robert Kirkman comic series.
Not surprised it's animated, it would need a huge budget to do properly in live action.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Cool. And animated to boot, I doubt they could really do justice with a live action version, at least without breaking a lot of budgets on a property that has a name creator but otherwise isn't really that well known.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Invincible overall. It meandered a bit toward the end, but it could make for a good Superman x DBZ show.
And yes, it lends itself much more to an animated format.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Good choice going animated hoping they use Titmouse Animation that team does awesome work: Venture Brothers, Black Dynamite etc.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
An hourlong animated drama is quite novel. I hope it's a success because I'd like to see more of that sort of thing.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazon is going all in on Image comics.

So far:
-Invincible
-Lazarus
-East of West

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I think the only way to do this justice is in animated form. The strengths of the story would get lost in segmented movies and the budget would be too big for a live action tv show.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no way they could do a live action budget.

Good thing about Invincible is you only need to do the first trade then put the series on repeat. Cause you know ever major arc ends with Mark getting fucked up then coming back more powerful than ever.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Amazon is going all in on Image comics.

So far:
-Invincible
-Lazarus
-East of West
Damn I can't wait.

I am so so pumped that we are getting an animated show. I'm definitely still excited to see what Seth Rogan & Evan Goldberg do with the movie version but an animated show is perfect for Invincible in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017

Good thing about Invincible is you only need to do the first trade then put the series on repeat. Cause you know ever major arc ends with Mark getting fucked up then coming back more powerful than ever.
I mean honestly the series is worth it just to see him meet up back with his dad and find out he's been smashing Mantis ass for the last while.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Please do Techjacket next, that series was made for animation

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't even know what happened after Mark got raped, and I've read every single issue. The story just fell apart for me after the viltrumite war.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the comic run end? I think I stopped around 110 or so.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017

It's like Bleach but not terrible.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Just boring. Kirkman can start with a bang, but has a hard time keeping shit interesting for the main character. His side characters get so interesting you be mad it doesn't focus on them
It was slow but I wouldn't call it boring and it certainly wasn't the mess that Bleach became.
I want a Luther Strode animated series but with an ending that isn't anti-climatic as fuck.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
It was slow but I wouldn't call it boring and it certainly wasn't the mess that Bleach became.
I want a Luther Strode animated series but with an ending that isn't anti-climatic as fuck.
Sometimes i wonder if the Bleach guy got paid by the white space on the page

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I'm happy. At first I was worried it would be one of those animated graphic novels, which was never a fan of. Invincible always had a more "capes & tights" comic book style anyways so an animated show sounds perfect.

And yeah, no way this could be live action without a huge budget or looking cheesy as hell.