• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

I...wow, i didn't even think it was as possible

The theme is ugly, but think about the possibilities.
I wonder how much it takes from the switch memory, i recall the switch can take up to 200kb of memory to display the theme, but this?

I think this take some resources from the OS it self, but not from the resources that meant for games, but what if new games that need extra resources?

Why Nintendo Don't release even normal themes?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too much moving for my taste but I know Nintendo can give us some good ones like they did 3DS.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect animated themes on the standard Switch, but they might come to a future Pro Switch. Technical limitation or not, I think they are just wanting to keep it clean and no frills.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it that one of the first things people do when the hack a system is make the absolute ugliest custom themes for it? Every time.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
2000 era themes LMAO

I like the OG Switch one, but this has great potential too. I'd like a more compact UI with two rows of games, and maybe the ability to have a wallpaper

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Man that theme is ugly, but it's nice to know that it's capable of doing it. Wish Nintendo would give us more themeing/customization options in general with the system.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
How is the current situation in regards to modding a switch? NSO/E-Shop is probably a no, right?
Thinking about getting a second Switch to play around. Homebrewed Switch supports game-modding right? Or are those BotW Switch mods limited to PC emulators?

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Neat but that's fucking hideous. Hopefully Nintendo puts out official, simple, tasteful ones one day.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
That theme is mad ugly and doin' too much. Just give me game specific themes no need for all that extra extra. Nintendo are the kings of bare minimum so I'm not expecting anything any time soon. Probably hold it behind their sub.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it that one of the first things people do when the hack a system is make the absolute ugliest custom themes for it? Every time.
also it's mainly because coders tend not to be good designers and designers tend not to be good coders. this is mostly a "look what we can do"-kinda theme, a technical showcase.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want movement but I do want a desktop theme so I can Kirbyfy or Animal Crossingfy my Switch just like I do with my 3DS. Get with the program Nintendo...