• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Just informing everyone now, AOTY Voting Thread will be posted in EtcetEra on the 1st of Jan (Unless BGBW get's his thread making privileges back and wants to do the thread) and Winter 19 OT will be posted on the 2nd of Jan (Unless one of the old OT creators have an urge to do it instead).
Nice, thank you. Picking my favourite of the year is going to be really hard.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Zombieland Saga 11

How can this keep going being so great? Sakura being a grade A looser, the girls trying their best to lift her up and failing, the old man being a zombie and tied to Yugiri, Kotaro maybe being a zombie as well (is that the truth on why he always has squids in his pocket? for himself?), that semi-NGE parody... top tier stuff, the finale is gonna blow minds.

One question: do you think that the song that was in Ep. 3 which is also the one they play while electrocuted being the only one in CGI up until now is a deliberate choice? I think so, it looks to me like a parody of other idols shows like LL or I@Master.
A friend of mine thinks im looking too much into it and its a budget thing, but it doesnt sound logical at all to me considering all the other ones (Lily's song and Saki's) are hand drawn, and this one is also their "main" song. What do you guys think?

Holy crap.
Is this real?

Sep 7, 2018
Part 4 is in the middle of airing on Toonami dubbed, but only the first half of Part 3 has had a dub release you can buy, the second half comes out like next month I think.
oh wow.

Really liked Part 2's ending.
Maan seeing the epilogue with how everyone lived after the Pillar Man stuff was heartwarming. I am surprised they just brushed over Lisa Lisa revealing herself to be Jojo's mom. I wanted to see it and what his reaction was. Also, he did have a crush on her too and even peeped on her when she was bathing. So yeah, I know his reaction would've been complicated.
I want to watch Part 3 now, but I'd rather wait for the full Dub and my coins are still low at the moment so yeah.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow.

Really liked Part 2's ending.
Maan seeing the epilogue with how everyone lived after the Pillar Man stuff was heartwarming. I am surprised they just brushed over Lisa Lisa revealing herself to be Jojo's mom. I wanted to see it and what his reaction was. Also, he did have a crush on her too and even peeped on her when she was bathing. So yeah, I know his reaction would've been complicated.
I want to watch Part 3 now, but I'd rather wait for the full Dub and my coins are still low at the moment so yeah.

There's also the really nice quality hardcover manga volumes as well, they're almost done with Part 3 I think. Pricey but really nice quality

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Zombieland Saga 11

How can this keep going being so great? Sakura being a grade A looser, the girls trying their best to lift her up and failing, the old man being a zombie and tied to Yugiri, Kotaro maybe being a zombie as well (is that the truth on why he always has squids in his pocket? for himself?), that semi-NGE parody... top tier stuff, the finale is gonna blow minds.

One question: do you think that the song that was in Ep. 3 which is also the one they play while electrocuted being the only one in CGI up until now is a deliberate choice? I think so, it looks to me like a parody of other idols shows like LL or I@Master.
A friend of mine thinks im looking too much into it and its a budget thing, but it doesnt sound logical at all to me considering all the other ones (Lily's song and Saki's) are hand drawn, and this one is also their "main" song. What do you guys think?

I saw it as a parody too, it's the only Franchoucho song that isn't themed to a particular member and it's the only traditional "idol" song they've sung which would fit right in with Love Live and Im@s, and as you said if it was a budget thing then why are there more songs that aren't CG'd.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
GioGio 11
Not how I expected the fight to progress or end, but decent. While I'm still enjoying this Part, it's definitely a step down from previous Parts of the series in terms of characters and story. Stands tho, remain pretty cool.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With CygamesFes happening this week and many property related to them being there, expect some announcements like these. Maybe Zombieland Saga will have one too since it has a panel as well for the anime.

Cygames-Fes-2018_10-26-18.jpg

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Run With The Wind 1

Um wtf, this was really good?

The poster and the absolute lack of any fanfare about this show made it seem like it was some generic filler ass seasonal anime but the animation, characters and designs, THE FUCKING MUSIC, OP/ED, voice acting, direction...everything in this first episode destroyed every preconceived notion I had about this show. That was a fantastic start. I really dig the varied cast of characters and how they're in college or older instead of high school. The story looks to be more mature than the typical shonen sports series.

Production IG? Hayashi Yuki? Sports? It's lit.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I can vote for Thunderbolt Fantasy, right?
No.

TG :re 21
Ahhh so that weird noise I heard a week ago was the sound of Hide stans screeching,

I think they managed to make the Mutsuki plotline even sillier than it was in original which is quite an achievement but the biggest travesty is not using this page.

Saint Seiya - Saintia Shou 01
9LEIhNJ.jpg

I foresee a bright and very competent career ahead of you. In Sanctuary, Asgard or Poseidon's and Hades' realms in particular.

I can't be sure cause it's been quite a while but it feels they're rushing this quite a bit. And with production being so low-tier, even I'm not willing to expend more time on this.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11
Local end villain gets defeated by jobber bird.

Wouldn't the bird drop your monk first if it started getting tired you dumb, demonic, sexy, sexy sword ?

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
With CygamesFes happening this week and many property related to them being there, expect some announcements like these. Maybe Zombieland Saga will have one too since it has a panel as well for the anime.

Cygames-Fes-2018_10-26-18.jpg
They helped make two of my top contenders for the AOTY list, so yes, feed me more gacha anime please.

Oct 25, 2017
Banana Fish Episode 23

Wow I wish they had Ash and Eiji doing a little bit more there, my heart.

Also what a plot twist.

I hope Sing makes it through to the end, still picturing my ideal conclusion, Eiji and Sing get together just because of their bond with Ash. Was so glad Sing brother took himself out the plot, he was awful.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
New Heaven's Feel PV. I wonder who this movie is about... Already brought my tickets for the german screening. Can't wait.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gridman 11

Looks like this is going to play out as expected. I kind of lost interest when after the conclusion of last episode it was then revealed that Akane didn't actually do any damage to Yuta, and I can already tell, with the way everyone is treating her, that this is gearing up for a big "nothing was Akane's fault" narrative.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gridman 11

Looks like this is going to play out as expected. I kind of lost interest when after the conclusion of last episode it was then revealed that Akane didn't actually do any damage to Yuta, and I can already tell, with the way everyone is treating her, that this is gearing up for a big "nothing was Akane's fault" narrative.

That's pretty clear for like 6 episodes since this is a virtual world and the characters are too. But there's more to it of Akane and the whole situation though.

Well, we'll have to wait and see how everything will be concluded. And maybe they'll show the real world in the last episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
SSSS Gridman Episode 11:

Well that meandered more then expected but I didn't see the latest twist happening although perhaps I should have.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online Alicilization Episode 11

Glad they are using the game system again, was cool how they could use the chains as weapons and escape the dungeon jrpg style.

KiritoEugeo best otp of the season
tumblr_pjshsmzKZm1snbyiqo2_540.gif

tumblr_pjshsmzKZm1snbyiqo1_540.gif

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gridman 11

So
Yuta is dead in the real world right?

What makes you think like that? There was no mention of the real world.

As In the virtual world, a part of Gridman entered Yuta's body (and the other one was on the PC) and the one who we saw during the entire anime was him thinking that he was Yuta with amnesia. The real Yuta was a normal student that was possessed by Gridman.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Sword Art Online: Alicization 11

Good episode. The virtual world episodes are clearly better than the real world episodes. The real world segment in this episode ruined the pacing a bit and made it real obvious what was more interesting, adding to that that they switched to the real world here only for some info dumps.

Gridman 11

The ending is certainly interesting. That said I have a feeling that I know how it will end.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Gridman-11

This is a bad show and this episode really solidified why. Neither Yuta or Gridman's characters were developed at all so I felt nothing with this twist. Then you have the useless friend end up doing nothing for likely the entire series. When only one of your core three MCs has an actual personality, you seriously fucked up somewhere.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gridman-11

This is a bad show and this episode really solidified why. Neither Yuta or Gridman's characters were developed at all so I felt nothing with this twist. Then you have the useless friend end up doing nothing for likely the entire series. When only one of your core three MCs has an actual personality, you seriously fucked up somewhere.

The show really isn't about those two. It's about Akane and Rikka.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Radiant 11

The show is finally getting on track haha. No filler this episode, and we get the start of the Rumble town arc. I was a bit disappointed in the animation during the fight at the end, I reckon they could have made it look a lot more dynamic, but at least it's following the manga now so I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online: Alicization 11

Good episode. The virtual world episodes are clearly better than the real world episodes. The real world segment in this episode ruined the pacing a bit and made it real obvious what was more interesting, adding to that that they switched to the real world here only for some info dumps.

Gridman 11

The ending is certainly interesting. That said I have a feeling that I know how it will end.

I do agree that it's not as interesting as the Underworld but I don't think it's bad. It's also necessary to give context to what is happening outside and inside there so I like it.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll recently added season 2 of Hozuki's Coolheadedness to their catalog.

What makes you think like that? There was no mention of the real world.

As In the virtual world, a part of Gridman entered Yuta's body (and the other one was on the PC) and the one who we saw during the entire anime was him thinking that he was Yuta with amnesia. The real Yuta was a normal student that was possessed by Gridman.

I assume that's the only way the show could end happily for our heroes. Staying in a world where Akane is god isn't a good place.

As for him being dead, there's more to Yuta/Gridman's relationship that we don't know. Gridman is cut off before he fully explain everything in the recent episode.

download-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.