• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 36

Industry focus plus Mio being a boss makes this a good episode. Momone knows how to get far in life. I swear every time someone takes a plane trip it gets cancelled or delayed. Try to be a little more creative with how the show is in crisis please. Good thing Mio is a master of padding. Meanwhile Momone plots to take everything from her sister.

Hugtto Precure 44

I like how anime characters in general are just desensitized to this shit. Ruru really gets into her role, but Emiru truly impresses by emulating her Maho Girls senpai. So yeah, Saaya wants to become a doctor after starring with her mother, which I think we all saw coming. Which is fine, but Minami had a really similar plotline not that long ago, so the repetitiveness is apparent. Cool mom is pretty cool at least. Saaya has gotten the rawest all season, and her conclusion isn't as good as Homare's, but it's satisfying enough. With Santa dropping in at the end, I think I'm gonna blame Haa-chan even though she won't appear.

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Vento Aureo 11
Boy, this fight really outstayed its welcome for me by the end. Narancia is not the kind of character with enough interesting dynamics to carry a sequence that has lasted this long by himself, and honestly the pacing of these two episodes has left the show feeling like it ground to a halt for a conclusion that didn't feel particularly clever or noteworthy. A lot of people have said that these last couple of episodes have felt a lot like the more lackluster segments of Stardust Crusaders, but I think the thing is that most of the fights in Part 3 were very appropriately paced.

I respectfully disagree on this point - the Stardust Crusaders anime is sluggishly paced overall and the vast majority of fights take longer than they should. It probably should have been half the length, or at least 3/4 as Diamond is Unbreakable and Golden Wind are. There were some strong individual episodes of Stardust Crusaders (especially when Soejima was involved), but as a whole the series lacked the energy that Parts 2 and 4 had in their anime adaptations. Part 5 is feeling similar to 3 in that way - some strong individual episodes and moments, especially when Yasuhiro Kimura is involved, but overall the spark that really pulled me in to 2 and 4 are missing. It doesn't help either that the cast dynamics feel a bit weak - Giorno's crew so far don't really have the chemistry that the main casts of past parts have had.

But as long as Kimura keeps showing up every now and then to work some magic I'll feel like the anime is worthwhile in the end. I don't regret watching Stardust Crusaders either despite its issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Tsurune Episode 9

I cant imagine Seiya has that many fans, and wow is he lost without Minato in his life. lol. Oh well, one of the weakest episodes IMO.

Teasing kacchan never gets old though.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's almost like Gridman has no idea who the main character is

It's clearly Akane who's the main character even if she's the antagonist, that's her story. Yuta is the protagonist but that's it, just because he's on the good side.

Gridman's fight scene is delightful, there's clearly lot of effort in there to replicate the looks of morning kids show like ultraman or random mech show for kids in japan.What "shit got real" shift that we talking here? the latter half of this show still have same structure of the first half and have significant focus to Akane and Anti instead, nothing suddenly got rapid up.

There's homage to Ultra series and all since it's also made and owned by Tsuburaya but the Gridman anime is pretty much the sequel of the original Gridman tokusatsu and it has elements of it's western adaptation as well. The SSSS means on the name means Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad after all, which was the name of Gridman adaptation on the west. It was a Power Ranger situation like with Super Sentai.

christmas came early

Whoa, they reached it. I really didn't though that would happen.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Tsurune 9
Impressed that they found an effective way to justify/explain Seiya's obsession with Minato. Structured his life around a perceived notion of dependency to alleviate his guilt (or out of obligation?) , and now that notion has been stripped away. Strong episode, interested to see how this gets resolved.

Utena 16
I love how wacky the comedy episodes get.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[SAO Alicization] - 11

After last week's descent into utter madness, the series has returned to being 'watchable' again. I was concerned because the episode briefly returned to the 'real world' but that trip didn't overstay it's welcome. It did add more sci-fi nonsense into a plot that's already overloaded with AI, virtual worlds, electronic souls etc.

I can't and won't recommend the series, but it's enjoyable hokum on a Saturday.

"Electronic souls" and AI are the same thing, both are fluctlights. lol The only difference is that one is considered artificial intelligence because it's a artificial fluctlight and not a natural one like for a normal human conscience and soul that has a body, unlike those fluctlights that live in a virtual world accelerated and don't have a physical body on reality... for now, since the robot model appeared. :P

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Baki 26 - End

So Baki's over. It'll come out in one or two days in the rest of the world.

This last episode is pretty much setting up the next arc, so I'm wondering if there's already a sequel planned.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Honda-san 11
download.png

download-1.png

Yep, you really do appreciate the kind customers in retail. It's true.

WATCH THIS SHOW COWARDS! Quit focusing on weak human emotions like robots and love! Those things are fleeting breaths before the all consuming horror of working retail!

Are you feeling it guys? Are you feeling it now?

Last edited:

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan S2
Great season. I liked the first half better because of the general "under siege" vibe, and the Sasha centered episode was great. Second half delivers more on the emotional component because of certain big revelations, and it is good to see Eren have stuff going on other than being angry.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
The NTR of Seiya 9

Noice.

The anime is putting greater emphasis on Seiya's fixation of Minato in order to milk some drama. I... can't say I'm exactly a fan of it. They also basically completely cut Seiya's relationship with Kaito, though maybe they'll still put a scene with them the next episode?

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 12

lmao i think gale's gonna scam the viewer one more time next ep

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 12

The Monk turned out to be quite the character and SBD is getting a taste of her own medicine.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
"Electronic souls" and AI are the same thing, both are fluctlights. lol The only difference is that one is considered artificial intelligence because it's a artificial fluctlight and not a natural one like for a normal human conscience and soul that has a body, unlike those fluctlights that live in a virtual world accelerated and don't have a physical body on reality... for now, since the robot model appeared. :P
I think they're two distinct concept.

1) The "human soul" exists can be digitized and put into a videogame
2) You can create an artificial intelligence that resembles a human consciousness.

One is not predicated on the existence of the other, even if they do support each other in the narrative.

I think it's more, ymmv.

The fight scenes are a homage to the Kaiju battles of yesteryear some may see it as nostalgic some will see it as archaic.
I wont argue that the battles are meant to be homage (because the show has a fetish for referencing other works) but I would dispute that acting as a homage is an excuse for being boring. Plenty of other works have referenced the same source material: The Big O, Giant Robo, Evangelion, Shin Godzilla, Pacific Rim - and all of those works have managed to create action set pieces filled with drama and excitement.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy season 2 is the cautionary tale of how intense horny can destroy even the most passive man.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Akanesasu Shoujo

Was anyone besides me watching this? This was one of the few anime that I've actually enjoyed this season. It seems like it might not be that popular though. There were some unresolved things, but nothing that takes away from the story being told.

. . . bolding doesn't really stand out that much, does it?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
No one here is excited about.

Yakusoku no never land " the promised never land" ?, it's one of the greatest psychological and mystery mangas.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland is almost guaranteed to be one of the biggest anime next season.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland is almost guaranteed to be one of the biggest anime next season.
I'm really hoping
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
will be the biggest anime next season.

but realistically it will either be Promised Neverland, Mob Pyscho or Rising shield hero.

Id vehemently disagree, its just yet another in the has too many characters in a routine action series#8975 w heavy inspiration from YA films.

are you sure you aren't confusing this with something else?
calling it an action series to start with seems wrong.
It has moments of action but in general it's psychological horror with careful planning and movements. (at least in the first major arc which is what will be adapted for this series, I haven't read past chapter 35-40 or so.)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Kevin Penkin's score is really good but I don't really care about Shield Hero beyond that.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Shield Hero will be the biggest anime just because Kevin Penkin is the composer.
the only reasons shield hero is on my list is because it's a project that has been in the works for a while, has a surprising amount of money involved, and is in a genre that is still fairly popular.

I figure production values and soundtrack will be solid. As for the story, not sure there, of the three I listed there I have little doubts it will have the worst story. But the best story isn't always the most popular :P

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Akanesasu Shoujo

Was anyone besides me watching this? This was one of the few anime that I've actually enjoyed this season. It seems like it might not be that popular though. There were some unresolved things, but nothing that takes away from the story being told.

It was an enjoyable ride from start to finish, even if it was just another mobage ad. The previous episode really surprised me because I didn't think they'd actually do what they did, but the final episode blew me away, even if it left certain things unsaid.

Oct 25, 2017
No one here is excited about.

Yakusoku no never land " the promised never land" ?, it's one of the greatest psychological and mystery mangas.

The manga is great. I don't have total confidence in the anime - the glimpses of footage we've seen in the PV don't look particularly special - but hopefully it'll be fine.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Akanesasu Shoujo

I watched it as well. Does feel like the underdog of the season, which is a shame because some of the ideas on show were fun, what with all the different worlds.

I certainly didn't expect imagery like we got in this final episode. Almost felt like a different show ha ha

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah I'm really looking forward to Yakusoku no Neverland. I've already read the manga though, so I'm looking forward to Mob Psycho and Dororo even more since I haven't read them and really want to find out more.

Plus, the quality of the adaptation remains to be seen, whereas MP100 S2 is very unlikely to be a bad adaptation based on the first season.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched it as well. Does feel like the underdog of the season, which is a shame because some of the ideas on show were fun, what with all the different worlds.

I certainly didn't expect imagery like we got in this final episode. Almost felt like a different show ha ha

That reminds me of the Video Girl Ai OVA, which did a hard swerve in its last episode from light-hearted romcom to Evangelion-style surreal symbolist tragedy.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Neverland never show any promising trailer so far unfortunately so I'm not hyped.

Mob Psycho 100 S2 and Manaria Friends though looks great in their trailer.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will watch the first TPN episode but I think i might just read the manga instead, not expecting much of the adapatation
Mob Psycho is my most hyped anime adapatation next season and Kimetsu the one after.

Status
Not open for further replies.