• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I thought S3 of Haikyuu had started or something.

Also I'm rewatching Kaze.

YZslhf6.jpg

IkcCzdp.jpg

Production I.G. work for this was really unmatched. A shame it didn't get the same amount of love as something like Haikyuu or YoI.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Haikyu!! 9

Ace spiker is a hottie.

Watakoi 8
I forgot how boring this show is. Dropped.

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
You know what this year clearly needs more of ? Fate. Good thing we're fated to receive a new entry on top of the rest:

Also: HF III PV:

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I watched Eyeshield 21 this year and I didn't think a Japanese show about American football could be that good but damn it was. It may be long and 2000s low budget tier but that got me hyped like nothing else. Good sports anime are something special.

It has its flaws but overall I thought it was a fun adaptation. It's cruel that they end the series where they do, because the game after that one is my favorite in the entire series.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

YZslhf6.jpg

IkcCzdp.jpg

Production I.G. work for this was really unmatched. A shame it didn't get the same amount of love as something like Haikyuu or YoI.

I think people are just trying to catch up before the new season of Haikyuu begins. I decided to give it a go since people keep telling me it's better than Kaze. So far it's great but....I don't think it belongs in the same league. Glad people are giving this show a go, it truly moved me to do some real soul-searching after it finished, will be eternally grateful to it.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu can't be better than Kaze because it doesn't have Haiji, the most perfect 2D man ever created.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
First episode of Re:Zero DC is up on Crunchyroll. People are not noticing any differences between it and the Blu-ray release although extra scenes were not expected for this episode anyway.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

YZslhf6.jpg

IkcCzdp.jpg

The final scene of episode one gave me goosebumps. The music, art, direction, everything aligned so perfectly for those few minutes. Thats when I knew this was going to be special.

And yes, Haiji is honestly fucking awesome.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
The final scene of episode one gave me goosebumps. The music, art, direction, everything aligned so perfectly for those few minutes. Thats when I knew this was going to be special.

And yes, Haiji is honestly fucking awesome.
I didn't even realize the final scene of the final episode loops back to the final scene of the first episode until a while ago (Except the relationship between the two characters has completely changed)
2f2AZuD.jpg

Production I.G. really gave it all, it's a shame their efforts weren't rewarded in terms of attention and sales. Truthfully, I must say I wasn't much into the show into the beginning when it aired the first time, it's really better when you can watch one episode after the other because the first half is kinda slow and the cast doesn't "come together" until episode 10 or so.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
K-On! the movie

Beautiful

S2E24 had a perfect ending. I thought it was weird that it wasn't just the end of the whole series. Instead there are two episodes after that take place a little before the finale. Then they released an OVA that takes place much earlier chronologically and sets up the movie which again mostly takes place before the finale. Why mess with the perfect ending by not having it actually be the ending? As it turns out, the episodes after the finale and the movie work to make the finale even better. So when the ending of the movie overlaps with the original ending, you now have even more context to appreciate what happened. You know the Light Music Club will continue on in the school and the girls that make up HTT will continue to be friends. A somewhat bittersweet ending was made more hopeful in a way that was justified.

K-On! as a series is now one of my favorite anime series despite not even being in a genre I normally care about.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Re:Zero Director's Cut 01 rewatch

No new scenes for this episode but it was originally a 50 minutes long episode so it's not surprising.

I forgot how enjoyable and good this episode is, with the way it just breaks some isekai tropes. Subaru is really a rather ok guy here (though admittedly I still like him even in the later episodes). The pacing of the episode is great in the way that at first it takes its time introducing us to the world and to the characters, only for it to suddenly break apart in the middle and we get to one of the reasons as to why Re:Zero has one of the more interesting premises in the isekai genre. The direction is also really well done with the sense of dread in some of the scenes as well as some good shots that enhance what's happening at those moments.

It's also pretty nice to get an isekai show on this production level, the world feels alive with almost every background character being animated and the background art just has that massive feeling to it.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Today's Jeopardy episode had a question about manga. And the manga they showed was Attack On Titan.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Haikyuu!! 13-25

Well that was a lot of excellent volleyball! I can't wait to see what they do in the next season, I hope they take some time to breathe, I
can't do 10 more of these matches in a row

Also Suga is literally too good a guy for these fools.

Suga>>>>>>>>>diet Kakeru>>>Hinata>>>>rest.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy – The Sword of Life and Death: What an unexpectedly charming retelling. The Screaming Phoenix Killer Shrimp Taco shall raise again.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 2 1–13 [END]: Monk Man was quite a relatable character at first. RIP Poison Lady and Evil Tanya Sword, and no, you don't just get to come back willy-nilly Demon Lady. Give me an explanation.

Thunderbolt Fantasy – Bewitching Melody of the West: As much as I like the musician, he doesn't take hold of the narrative strongly enough. I at least got to hear Kugimiya Rie as a puppet.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Run with the Wind has such a great cast. And representation!

Indeed. I was thankful that Musa was a proper character instead of some corny stereotype. I still cringe about the black characters in Eyeshield 21. Ugh.

I didn't even realize the final scene of the final episode loops back to the final scene of the first episode until a while ago (Except the relationship between the two characters has completely changed)
2f2AZuD.jpg

Production I.G. really gave it all, it's a shame their efforts weren't rewarded in terms of attention and sales. Truthfully, I must say I wasn't much into the show into the beginning when it aired the first time, it's really better when you can watch one episode after the other because the first half is kinda slow and the cast doesn't "come together" until episode 10 or so.

Funny enough, that image feels like a meme format lol. But yeah, Kakeru's growth was amazing to witness throughout the run.

Running really isn't as interesting as something fast paced and team oriented like volleyball so I'm not surprised a lot of people overlooked it. The key art on CR was also really boring and I just happened upon it one day by chance. It's a slow burn but man does it pay off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.