• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed this season has FGO, Granblue, and Azur. How much longer until they put out an FE Heroes commercial anime.

At least FGO actually looks to be doing a competent job. Might end up surprisingly great although that probably won't convince people put off from the admittedly deplorable gacha bikini shenanigans that is Grand Order.

I'm guessing the denseness that Fate is growing into makes it hard for newcomers as well.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Vinland Saga 14

I've been forewarned enough about this episode but honestly, I did not expect it to go down any different given the disturbing nature of the world was what put me off when I was reading the manga. That being said, there are disturbing moments in this episode but the direction understands the nature of it enough to lessen the impact. Though the most terrifying bit in my opinion was what the girl thought; it is not the impending sense of guilt I assumed she would burden herself with but her takeaway from the massacre was that there's much worse people than her and she's 'elated' that all she ever felt guilty of was about stealing a ring. It's a terrifying thing because that's not a lesson to learn at the cost of her family and village and it's not a lesson that can set you on a good path without guidance which is no longer present.

I wonder how the Prince is taking all of this. I'd like to see the show come back and think on this through him.

Just noticed this season has FGO, Granblue, and Azur. How much longer until they put out an FE Heroes commercial anime.

At least FGO actually looks to be doing a competent job. Might end up surprisingly great although that probably won't convince people put off from the admittedly deplorable gacha bikini shenanigans that is Grand Order.

I'm guessing the denseness that Fate is growing into makes it hard for newcomers as well.
That depends on how much interest Nintendo has in doing anime. When was the last time Nintendo allow for a anime adoption?
Their Zelda manga series has been pretty strong with Twilight Princess being really good.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Finished Slam Dunk a couple months ago and started Kuroko no Basket. I am currently on ep 40 the animation when Aomine plays is just unreal.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

There's also PSO2 when it comes to game based animes this season, thankfully this one is actually adapting the game's story, instead of the high school nonsense of the other PSO2 anime from a few years ago. <-<;

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I did like the news of it coming in the USA streaming sites all PSO2 fans were like "aahh".
xD
Understandable though, with the sudden years long "delay" that SEGA pulled back in 2012.
Though, I wonder that many people may end up disappointed with the game if it's not rebalanced for the western version, while the battle system is really fun, currently the JP version of the game is designed to rush beginners to the end game, with leveling being fast early on and enemies having low HP when compared to players damage.

When it comes to the anime, so far it's doing a pretty good job adapting the game's story, the anime is already showing some dark parts of the story that were only hinted about in the game.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
some of yall in here really using SJW unironically
bWvzuKD.png

like of all anime I don't think the one with a literal self-insert pervert "comedy" character should be given the benefit of the doubt re: fanservice

Oct 25, 2017

would rather dragalia lost.

i thought if they really wanted a fire emblem anime it would have had one or several by now, not like heroes is the first FE game ever.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
School Rumble 2nd Term 5-26 END
I think I liked this a bit more than s1, mostly probably because for long streches it was capable of letting go of the Tenma-Harima imbroglio and focused on other things and characters. It's not like those are particularly good and certainly some of character specific one note comedy got mightily old by this point in time, some of the scenarios were too dumb even for this series but it's still better than silly drama or episodes 26's equivalent of like 4 Onodera beach confessions in one episode.

Oct 25, 2017
GranBLue Fantasy Season 2 Episode 1

Whoa we got Aliza, but where is Stan?! We better get him in this anime, he was like my second fav character when I first started.

Good visuals this time and the OP and ED are both really good.

GRan is still as precious as ever, loved him saving those kids wooden sword randomly.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Demon Slayer 20-24

Episodes 20-22 had no Zenitsu and Inosuke. They were a blast.
Unfortunately then they returned and I remembered why I want Zenitsu dead. Depressed Inosuke is much better than normal Inosuke, we don't need his constant screaming.

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars The Fourth Plate Episode 1

Soma got destroyed in the ramen battle, epic.

Glad this is back as it does have a special place in my heart.

Do wish we could slow the pace, always felt the anime goes at like 1.5 - 3.5x the pace of the manga

Still, though will be worth it if we can get to the Suzuki stuff...

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Promare was fucking awesome. I watched it twice and though there are a bunch of things I didnt like about it, it was such an adrenaline rush and I had a huge smile on my face throughout. Cant wait for the Blu Ray.

Highlights:

- The incredible visuals. The gradients and art direction were stunning. So stylish, so colorful. That Lio volcano scene was epic. Sick motion graphics too. That opening is GOAT.
- The creativity in display. The way the Burnish utilize their flames and the choreography of some of the fights were delightful.
- The music rules. Sawano is the king. Amazing soundtrack.
- So much Trigger fan service. I lost it near the end lol
- I love how cartoony it gets. Trigger is known for this stuff and I love seeing it everytime. Stuff like a giant monster truck squeezing itself inside a corridor is really looney tunes and I'm here for it.

Negatives:

- I wish the Mad Burnish kept their costumes on longer. They looked so badass but Lio's liutenants were chumps despite look menacing as fuck. I wish Lio brought the bike back. The opening scene was fucking incredible and I'm sad we didnt get much of that afterwards.

- The movie feels too long and rushed at the same time. I wish they had an epilogue since Kray got off so easy. There were really cool themes of racism and stuff and I wish the movie was longer to flesh it out. I also felt the movie dragging during the second act.

The story overall was meh.

- The action was hard to follow sometimes. I didnt mind the 3D but sometimes I felt dizzy and I had no idea what I was looking at.

- Wish the female characters did more. Aina had a cool scene where she gets off her airship on a bike but nothing happens afterwards.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Promare was fucking awesome. I watched it twice and though there are a bunch of things I didnt like about it, it was such an adrenaline rush and I had a huge smile on my face throughout. Cant wait for the Blu Ray.

Highlights:

- The incredible visuals. The gradients and art direction were stunning. So stylish, so colorful. That Lio volcano scene was epic. Sick motion graphics too. That opening is GOAT.
- The creativity in display. The way the Burnish utilize their flames and the choreography of some of the fights were delightful.
- The music rules. Sawano is the king. Amazing soundtrack.
- So much Trigger fan service. I lost it near the end lol
- I love how cartoony it gets. Trigger is known for this stuff and I love seeing it everytime. Stuff like a giant monster truck squeezing itself inside a corridor is really looney tunes and I'm here for it.

Negatives:

- I wish the Mad Burnish kept their costumes on longer. They looked so badass but Lio's liutenants were chumps despite look menacing as fuck. I wish Lio brought the bike back. The opening scene was fucking incredible and I'm sad we didnt get much of that afterwards.

- The movie feels too long and rushed at the same time. I wish they had an epilogue since Kray got off so easy. There were really cool themes of racism and stuff and I wish the movie was longer to flesh it out. I also felt the movie dragging during the second act.

The story overall was meh.

- The action was hard to follow sometimes. I didnt mind the 3D but sometimes I felt dizzy and I had no idea what I was looking at.

- Wish the female characters did more. Aina had a cool scene where she gets off her airship on a bike but nothing happens afterwards.

pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly as well. my theater completely lost it and started applauding at
DEUS X MACHINA, the drill, and the galo and lio kiss

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
That depends on how much interest Nintendo has in doing anime. When was the last time Nintendo allow for a anime adoption?

i thought if they really wanted a fire emblem anime it would have had one or several by now, not like heroes is the first FE game ever.

Fire Emblem had a short OVA back in 1996, covering the early part of Mystery of the Emblem.
It's about as awful as one might expect, but it did get dubbed for some reason, with Marth being named Mars.

Outside of this, Animal Crossing (2006), F-Zero (2003), Kirby (2001), Pokemon (1997) and Mario (1986, 1989) have all had anime, so outside of the juggernaut that is Pokemon, it's been a while since they did one. There is the upcoming Illumination Mario film, though.

I'm personally surprised that Splatoon hasn't had something by now. It seems like the most obvious choice for a kids show.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
it has the best mecha design of the last decade for anything that isn't Gundam.

I was ready too laugh at you but now that I checked them out, they do seem quite good. Curse you, now I'm going to watch it.

That said, best designs of the decade are in Star Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.