• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Kemono Michi 1

It was alright, I only laughed at that part when he suplex'd the fuck out of princess. I doubt it will be living up in the next few episodes because it would have become generic later on.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if they only used a singular die in their club. Die Club would make for a more interesting title.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious 01 - Yunyun finally gets her chance to shine and she does an amazing job as the goddess in this show. other than that this was pretty ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. the cautious gag already got old by the end of the episode

Ascendance of a Bookworm 01 - not a great first episode. everything felt so damn boring. I like the idea here though. maybe it gets better. people seem to really like the LN.

ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me? 01 - first half: boy this sure is some boring harem trash. second half: this could be fun as hell!

Oct 27, 2017
Finished watching Madoka. Great anime and I should have checked it out earlier. Ending was interesting, especially the after credits scene if it implies what I am thinking of.

Will have to see what I should watch next as there are movies about it but some of them seem to be a shorter version of the season.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching Madoka. Great anime and I should have checked it out earlier. Ending was interesting, especially the after credits scene if it implies what I am thinking of.

Will have to see what I shpuld watch next as there are movies abouy it but some of them seem to be a shorter version of the seasons.
Rebellion is the movie that takes place after the mainline series

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I see.

I will watch it tomorrow after work then. Thanks!

You're in for treat!

giphy.gif

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Kemono Michi episode 1

Now, we're in the realm of most fucked up isekai. A wrestler furry in another world. What kind of drugs did the creator do to come up with this idea?

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017

Will have to see what I should watch next as there are movies about it but some of them seem to be a shorter version of the season.
just watch the three movies, dont believe the hatters rebellion is great.
Homura did nothing wrong

Oct 25, 2017

I think that's just a short spinoff though, not the true season 2 (although that is still coming at some point).

Looking at the scheduled releases for next season, I am appalled to see not one, but two Polygon Pictures/Netflix projects coming out back-to-back. Will Netflix's Reign of CG Terror never cease?

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to find time to look into the shows for this season, been slacking big time. Gonna keep watching Vinland/Fire Force/Dr Stone trio, Alicization Part 2, Chihayafuru S3, My Hero S4, Kabukichou Sherlock looks cool too. Any recommendations? I'll literally watch anything, here's MAL.

I'm pretty generous with my scores a lot of the time and have yet to finish a series I didn't like to some extent lmao.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shonen is good, tho I cant watch more than 2 or 3 at the same time.
CGDCT genre peaked years ago and ever since it has been repetitive

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The Hero is over powered but is over cautious episode 1

"Oh, six pack." This goddess will be definitely the high light of this show. Her reactions had me on the floor.

Apparently it's the Konosuba author?

Ah, I can see it. Also, that scene with the cerebus is gross if you look at it wrong.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Angel Beats! 11

Who's next? Hinata and Naoi argue over who gets to help Yuzuru. Suddenly, Naoi's shadow attacks them. Yuzuru tackles the shadow out of him and Hinata fires several rounds into it, then they both unload into it. (???) Anway, Naoi has joined the party! 🎉 Yuri's interrogation reveals the shadows coincide with Kanade's new wings program, but there's no bug in her system... Gunshots ring out from outside. Their friends are under attack by shadows, so Yuzuru motions Kanade to help them as she displays her innocent wings. Not to be outshone by the angel, Yuri shows off her parkour prowess to get down to the battlefield.

h0UpkPA.png

The shadows are corrupted NPCs, and their first victim is Takamatsu, who starts acting like an NPC. He might be stuck like this for eternity. Yuri speculates this as an expected outcome for staying here too long. She also calls out Yuzuru's alternative goal now, but with the support of the friends he made along the way, he makes his case. It's decided that everyone's free to choose their path. Now Yuri chooses to backpedal on the whole premise. "Kanade was never an angel, duh." Why Yuzuru acts surprised by this when he questioned it himself is a mystery, but okay. Time to pat Kanade's head because why not; everyone prepares for the end in their own way. Because she suspects someone must be reprogramming NPCs, Yuri stakes out a computer lab to find a secret tunnel to the guild below. Here we go again...

bCoSrvU.png

This is truly the high school of the dead, I just wish it wouldn't spell everything out. Is it weird for Japanese boys to call each other by first name? It seems common enough between opposite sexes and girls. Where even is Matsushita? Out training in the "mountains"? Hmm... Someone probably bribed him with beef bowls to carry computers out into to the "mountains," but who? I actually don't remember this part of the plot, so I hope I'm right because this is such a boring development otherwise.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going from check out Iruma-kun because of the Milky Holmes connections. Otherwise it looks like there is a few worth looking in at this season. Probably will skip Chihayafuru since I didn't bother with S2. I haven't looked into all that is airing yet though.

I am looking forward to Funny Face Girl Show.

ZdzZtzy.jpg

d1vwKGm.jpg

0i8BesQ.jpg

07IaiUQ.jpg

(The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious)
That's some good anime face.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Does this have a different Gilgamesh?

While Archer Gilgamesh tends to embody the more unrestrained side of Gilgamesh from earlier in his Epic, Caster Gilgamesh is how he is at the very end where he decides to settle down as King and do great works. In Babylon, Gilgamesh is a bit more restrained than he is in F/SN. They're still the same character deep down (Gil even complains that he likes being summoned as Archer more cause he likes cutting loose), but he's just a tad more responsible here.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
OreSuki-1
YzBdn1Sl.jpg

Much better than I anticipated. The first half was bad enough to almost make me drop it as it's such saccharine that I couldn't stand it. You can see that in things like the character introduction cards, bloom in the art direction, and the voice acting. I figured it was deliberately 'sweet' so there could be a reversal and there was. The real Joro is significantly more interesting even if he borders on being an incel. I think that's the biggest problem/worry with the anime in that it might hedge that line a bit too much, in that it deters people from the show, but Pansy seems to serve as a counter for him. I like scumbag main characters and Joro looks to be a lot of fun with his 4th wall commentary and just overall disdain for everybody. He sort of reminds me of Momoko from Sabagebu.
x01A9Vkl.jpg

This is totally going to piss a lot of people off though.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm almost finished watching Relife. I'm pleasantly surprised because it's really good. Way better than Oregairu.
How is the action movie?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Bookworm Isekai 1
Well this girl certainly drew the short straw when it comes to isekai. I don't think I would want to be reincarnated in fantasy dark ages Europe. An ok first episode. Feels like it's in the same vein as Dr Stone; one of these crafting/lore isekai.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
OreSuki 01 or (Taming of the incel): I knew there had to be some kind of hook when I read the summary of the show and thankfull it came in the second half. Yea the MC is probably a shitty person but I honestly like that because it's certainly more entertaining to observe 99% of nice to the point of being a doormat MCs. Highest points to the girl blackmailing him though I love her style in dealing with him.

Houkago Saikoro Club 01: Cute girls playing board games, you had me at cute girls.

Honzuki no Gekokujou 01: Our heroine's obsession with the need to read books is a borderland addiction, but I like the angle they seem to be going here that because she got reincarnated in a age where books are so extremely rare and expensive that she would just be better off making her own. Though I'm not sure how satisfied she could be with that. Sidenote: seeing her come to terms with the practically medieval age she's been reincarnated to was a treat.

Shinchou Yuusha 01: Another isekai but what if Aqua from Konasuba was more horny, angry and useful?

Hataage! Kemono Michi 01: I knew I'd love this the moment the MC did a German Suplex on the princess and used his cape to cover her exposed crotch.

Last edited:

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This season has multiple isekai that I might actually enjoy watching. Weird.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket. I don't even know what pet girl is but the answer will always be Fruits Basket.
despite the name pet girl is actually a fairly solid series. (if you haven't seen it I'd say it's worth a watch)
its creator also created Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai as well.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
🤔
Ok I'll look into it after Zeta Gundam.
I will also note that the main girl isn't nearly as annoying of a character as she comes off in the first few episodes (aka if I recall right she gets better). Like I find her really annoying early on (I honestly have no clue how she survived until the series starts) , but the series does have decent character progression for most of the cast. But also keep in mind I have very low tolerance for cute girls doing cute things.

It's been a while since I watched it though so there are likely things I'm forgetting :P

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
despite the name pet girl is actually a fairly solid series. (if you haven't seen it I'd say it's worth a watch)
its creator also created Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai as well.
Right, I completely forgot it was from the same creator. I'll watch both series then after Relife.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I completely forgot it was from the same creator. I'll watch both series then after Relife.
I had personally forgotten that he made rascal as well, I just knew that the pet girl creator had another series in the last few years that was well liked and looked it up and it happened to be rascal :P

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wotakoi is pretty fun. any other things on amazon prime i should be watching (besides good omens) before I try and figure out the labyrinthine process to cancel my sub (my fault, I have 3 accounts on amazon with the same email somehow, no i don't know how it happened)

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
wotakoi is pretty fun. any other things on amazon prime i should be watching

I really enjoyed Re;Creators, which is about a mish-mash of fictional characters coming into the real world and dealing with the nature of their existence while also having sick fights.

Nanoha was Symphogear before Symphogear came along, although it ramps up more slowly. Word of warning: It can be quite trashy (The first series in particular) and has a young cast even by anime standards, until the 10 year time skip leading into series 3.

Apparently Birdy the Mighty: Decode might be on Amazon as well?

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I skipped the entire previous season because there was simply nothing that looked interesting, so hopefully this one will be better

Rise Up: Kemono Michi - 1
I had some slight hope for this since it's from the Konosuba author. Sadly, this makes it perfectly clear that the only reason Konosuba is good is because of the incredible production/direction/voice acting. Sadly, this has none of that, so it just ends up being pretty terrible and also kind of really uncomfortable at points.

The Hero is Overpowered But Overly Cautious - 1
This, on the other hand, is actually really well made and as a result ends up feeling much closer to Konosuba. The animation of the faces is just so god damn good it carries the show single-handedly, and the voice acting is also incredible. Combined, they manage to create a show that's actually pretty funny despite the jokes themselves being nothing special. This will almost certainly be the biggest surprise of the season for me, because I went in expecting a generic thrash isekai harem, but instead got something pretty enjoyable. I'm just worried they can keep this level of animation throughout the season.

Ascendance of a Bookworm - 1
In theory, a story focusing on how books became a thing in medieval Europe could be pretty cool, but this doesn't quite seem like it will be that. It also unfortunately looks pretty bad visually, and I'm not really a fan of how one-note the protagonist seems to be.

It was also kind of weird how she spent so much of the episode trying to find books despite the fact that she obviously couldn't read them even if she found them. I guess she just likes books so much she doesn't even care about reading them. That's the impression that I got, anyway. Because if she just cared about fiction stories for example, you don't necessarily need books to get them.

Also, did she like, resurrect into a body of an existing person? How's that supposed to work? Is the original consciousness of the girl just straight up dead now?

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Bookworm
I'm mostly annoyed that her sister didn't seem to know what a hairpin was, as if they weren't invented until after the printing press or something.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
You know what..cute girl doing thing genre is kinda MIA for awhile tbh.. Im sure I missing some but there no noticeable big hitter

Where my YuruCamp s2

Well next season is the Heya Camp shorts and then S2 will be later in the year. In the mean time maybe you want to try something like Anima Yell or Slow Start from last year?

wotakoi is pretty fun. any other things on amazon prime i should be watching (besides good omens) before I try and figure out the labyrinthine process to cancel my sub (my fault, I have 3 accounts on amazon with the same email somehow, no i don't know how it happened)

I think Amazon Prime had Princess Principle right? That's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.