• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Yu-gi-oh! Episode 139

Yugi and Seto souls crossed, lovely. Really great battle now that I've finally come back to this. Loved when Yugi did his REVERSE CARD without even looking at it and everyone was mindblown.

Yu-gi-oh! VRAINS Episode 120 END

Fantastic end though the anime could have ended at the previous arc, mainly because everything was resolved well then and this just felt like it dragged things out, but we did get more interactions between Playmaker and SoulBurner so it wasn't all bad.

Not better than my favs ZEXAL and 5Ds at the end of the day.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Hensuki 12 END

Greatest harem deconstruction since Evangelion and best detective story of this (past) season.

I guess, what I'm saying is, this is trash ... but to tell the truth, I unabashedly enjoyed large bits of it. There's this aura of self awareness about it that worked for me this time and I thought a lot of the time comedy stuck the landing, those more horrory bits when the show repeatedly pulls the carpet from under mc right after he and the viewer starts to think he finally found the culprit&love were fun in particular.

Granblue Fantasy s2 e1

Damn you OP, I'm going to watch 12 eps of this dreck yet again for that one cool character design that shows up for 5 minutes in ep 11.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mix Episode 24 END

What type of ending to a game was that lol. They could have let them win for their first year. Hate when these sports games end just because someone got tired for one play, Tou was throwing better and better.

Phenomenal anime when it was focused on the baseball. Awful when there were weird fanservice moments that felt out of place.

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer Episode 26 END

OT3 is really the highlight of this anime and gave some really fun times. The train scene had to honestly be the funniest moment of the show, especially with Zenitsu being the only sensible one considering his usual nature, lol.

Anime had a really slow start and just never really found its footing to be some special. For Exorcist type shows its definitely on the bottom of the pile.

Probably wont purchase the manga after this if no more is made after the movie. Will probably read the manga on viz platform though if more isn't made.

Oct 25, 2017
GIVEN Episode 11 END

Lovely anime, probably not the best BL anime ever IMO but definitely would be in my top 3 or 5 or so just because of how well it handled first love, guilt, moving on from a past relationship, and rekindled rebuilding broken friendships.

Wished there were two or three more ships, and still cant help but think Mafuyu's friend has a crush on him...

Will miss this anime.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Babylon 1-2

You know, I kind of like it. Murder mystery that tie into some bigger political conspiracy. I wonder where it can go from here.

Babylon 3

Straight into the trash it seems. I see.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if Ufotable will pick up season 2 of Demon Slayer. Will probably cost a pretty penny. I can't imagine Ufo doing a long running shounen with that kind of quality animation unless they don't do anything else except the occasional Fate movie. It would be such a damn waste if they were stuck doing only Slayer though. Maybe they'll take 2 year breaks between seasons. Could end up a One Punch Man situation though.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if Ufotable will pick up season 2 of Demon Slayer. Will probably cost a pretty penny. I can't imagine Ufo doing a long running shounen with that kind of quality animation unless they don't do anything else except the occasional Fate movie. It would be such a damn waste if they were stuck doing only Slayer though. Maybe they'll take 2 year breaks between seasons. Could end up a One Punch Man situation though.

Anything's possible when you don't pay your taxes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

nice. The manga doesn't really have a translation so this will be nice to have.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
I really hope you will enjoy the second season of major 2nd, I seriously doubt you will from what I have read of the manga though. granted I've only read what would be the first 6 episodes or so of the second season and perhaps more characters would be added soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Africa Salaryman 1

Forget Kemono Friends that exist anymore because those Lion, Toucan, and Lizard are absolutely killed it. 10/10

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Ctk6HW9.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, they're doing a film to continue the adaptation. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue afterwards assuming the material is there.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vinland Saga 13
Askeladd just became one of the best characters of the show with that revelation. The long game he's playing is amazing and I'm all in. Also liked the back and forth between Thorfinn and Canute. Great episode all around that went in a direction I enjoyed and didn't expect.
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Ctk6HW9.jpg
I hope the face game continues to be on point in subsequent episodes.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I'm zero for two trying to buy the Anime NYC add-ons that only five years ago would have been included with admission.

Oct 25, 2017
Fairy Tail The Final Season Episode 328 Dearest Friends END

Well this was an emotional end to one of the best written long running manga since Naruto and Reborn. Im teary eyed just remembering the many years we've had Natsu, Gray, and others in our lives. It's like seeing the passing of something very near and dear to our hearts. My crying eyes.

Then when they played SNOW FAIRY, omg i bawled.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Does Beastars appear this week on Netflix US or only Netflix Japan? I really want to see it.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should be giving Vinland Saga the love it deserves.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Onii-sama returns, but we will never see another season of Kyoukai senjou no Horizon :(

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
007-1

A new season of Double Decker? Ok.

Babylon- 1-3
V9cJ0Iml.jpg

psyduck.gif

I don't even know where to begin with this. This was definitely made by the writer of Kado. I will say this, from a writing standpoint, this was by far the most interesting show I've watched in the past few days. Fuck, I wish they had done a Netflix dump with this as now I have to wait three weeks to find out where this is going.

Also that storyboarding in the second episode was uh intense.

So Babylon refers to the Whore of Babylon? Are they going the route of her being an alien? A succubus that is trying to guide humanity to some next evolution by committing mass suicide? wtf this shit be cray

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Blackfox feels like they took four equidistant episodes from a two cour series and stitched it together into a movie.

At the same time, it also feels like the first few episodes of a series setting up the main plot to follow.

Kind of a mess.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Blackfox feels like they took four equidistant episodes from a two cour series and stitched it together into a movie.

At the same time, it also feels like the first few episodes of a series setting up the main plot to follow.

Kind of a mess.
It was originally supposed to be a TV series.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think someone rocking a my hero academia avatar is in a position to talk about quality tbh
This is a very odd choice as your 5th post on this site. Are you perhaps logged into an alt account and meant to post that on your main account :P?

Mostly asking because it's an odd statement in general because MHA isn't known to be of low quality. *shrug*

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Special 7, eh?

Can someone just give anime the rights to Shadowrun, already? Geez!

This is gonna be fun.

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
This is a very odd choice as your 5th post on this site. Are you perhaps logged into an alt account and meant to post that on your main account :P?

Mostly asking because it's an odd statement in general because MHA isn't known to be of low quality. *shrug*
not saying it's low quality but i didn't realise it'd be controversial to say the anime isn't exactly great either? like it has a few standout moments for sure and the movie is great but overall it just left me feeling cold.. i consider it to be in the same tier as yaiba and funnily enough ufotable's fate works (sans zero) where there's some good things there but overall nothing special in contrast to say a mob psycho or snk (does this still count as a shounen?) which are in a class of their own

if you think that's unfair then fair enough

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
not saying it's low quality but i didn't realise it'd be controversial to say the anime isn't exactly great either? like it has a few standout moments for sure and the movie is great but overall it just left me feeling cold.. i consider it to be in the same tier as yaiba and funnily enough ufotable's fate works (sans zero) where there's some good things there but overall nothing special in contrast to say a mob psycho or snk (does this still count as a shounen?) which are in a class of their own

if you think that's unfair then fair enough
In the context, " I don't think someone rocking a my hero academia avatar is in a position to talk about quality tbh " really can only mean that you think they aren't qualified to judge quality because of the avatar, and if that is the case it can only really mean that you think that MHA is of low quality and since they like it they aren't fit to say what is high quality.

It's still a weird post to me :P

Anyways I hope you stick around and talk anime with people :P

Status
Not open for further replies.