• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fairy Tail The Final Season Episode 328 Dearest Friends END

Well this was an emotional end to one of the best written long running manga since Naruto and Reborn. Im teary eyed just remembering the many years we've had Natsu, Gray, and others in our lives. It's like seeing the passing of something very near and dear to our hearts. My crying eyes.

Then when they played SNOW FAIRY, omg i bawled.

I didn't watch those past 3 or 4 arcs but Snow Fairy gave me goosebumps. :p

I also hate that Reborn never got it's last two arcs animated...

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
El Melloi Case Files 13 END

I'm glad this turned out to be an epilogue of the events of the previous episode. Pretty good conclusion in terms of Waver moving on from his obsession of the Grail War and choosing his own path.

El Melloi had its ups and downs but the ups certainly make it worthwhile for me more often than not. I'd like to see more of this but a lot less indulgent in the lore behind its mysteries.

Vinland Saga 12

Very cool episode on both Canute and Askeladd. They're far more interesting people than Thorfinn. Though all three character bring something different to the show and drama in their own way. Askeladd holds a balance of Canute's cautiousness and Thorfinn's strength while Canute and Thorfinn belong to their own extremes. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think someone rocking a my hero academia avatar is in a position to talk about quality tbh
MHA is at least more interesting than Demon Slayer's annoying inner monologues and bad plot exposition even though I dropped it for the shitty way the girls are treated and cause Bakugo/Mineta are shitheads.

As for people who don't like Ufo's past works, I can understand not liking UBW for being a bit dated or for dumping too much info or for its kinda botched ending but Kara no Kyoukai and Fate Zero are fucking incredible.

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
not saying it's low quality but i didn't realise it'd be controversial to say the anime isn't exactly great either? like it has a few standout moments for sure and the movie is great but overall it just left me feeling cold.. i consider it to be in the same tier as yaiba and funnily enough ufotable's fate works (sans zero) where there's some good things there but overall nothing special in contrast to say a mob psycho or snk (does this still count as a shounen?) which are in a class of their own

if you think that's unfair then fair enough

I think it's less "MHA isn't good" and more that avatar-shaming is pretty frowned upon around here (also having few posts and no avatar makes one kinda suspicious, like you're trying to start something on purpose?).

Like I dropped MHA because it bored the hell out of me but that comment was pretty rude and uncalled for.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to point out that I was already a fan of Persona 4 before they made an anime.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Finished Relife yesterday. It was way better than expected although the ending was predictable.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Babylon 1-2

I am absolutely in love with this show. I have a massive hardon for police procedural shows and this was hitting all the right marks. The atmosphere was perfect and the main character is a absolute joy even if his talk of justice feels a bit campy and naive. Speaking of hardons, that interrogation scene with the lady left me sweating as much as those two guys. That lady simulated a hand job plus balls cupping very well.

Babylon 3

Ok so it fell apart for me in these last 5-10 minutes because I felt like what the show seemed to be implying was almost supernatural levels of "the power of suggestion" and the show had been grounded up until this point. But I'll stick with it.

Blackfox

If this is all we get out of this movie I will be sorely disappointed because even the the story is boiler plate "she who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves" I still enjoyed the action scenes.

Bokuben s2 01:

Fumino is still best girl btw.

Chuubyou Gekihatsu Boy 01:

Okay this was much funnier than I was expecting it to be. Mizuki's reactions to these idiot boys is great. The scene with the falling basketball hoop had me dying.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

I've recently seen Aku no Hana, and it immediately flew high up in the top 5 of the best anime (and manga) I've ever seen. Highly recommended. I've also found this AMV that really captures the spirit of it.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
PSO2 Oracle 1
It's wasn't half bad, especially when you think about it as an ad for the game. At least they're using the interesting part of the story. That said, the opening being inspired by the PSP/PSU themes was by far the best part. Also, don't trust me on this, the whole thing might be terrible, but I'm biased because of 1k+ hours spent playing the game.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Just My Hero Academia this season for me, though there are a few other continuations I might look at.

---

Just finished Demon Slayer this weekend. I really enjoyed it, it's a pretty standard shonen, but considerably darker than the average. My main gripe is Zenitsu, I almost dropped the show after two episodes of him. He's certainly not as bad as Mineta, but the tradeoff is that he is much more of a main character. Hopefully he gets better, but he's pretty annoying so far.

It was interesting to see that the next arc will be a movie. I hope it eventually comes to a streaming site.

Oct 25, 2017
Just My Hero Academia this season for me, though there are a few other continuations I might look at.

---

Just finished Demon Slayer this weekend. I really enjoyed it, it's a pretty standard shonen, but considerably darker than the average. My main gripe is Zenitsu, I almost dropped the show after two episodes of him. He's certainly not as bad as Mineta, but the tradeoff is that he is much more of a main character. Hopefully he gets better, but he's pretty annoying so far.

It was interesting to see that the next arc will be a movie. I hope it eventually comes to a streaming site.
What? Zenitsu is the best character like his power, personality, and everything allows him to be this happy medium of both the other leads.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
What? Zenitsu is the best character like his power, personality, and everything allows him to be this happy medium of both the other leads.
His personality was completely grating to my partner and I. His screaming bits always went on for a bit too long for our tastes. In Mineta's case we found him more tolerable because he was in and out. Zenitsu just has these terrible meltdowns for minutes at a time.

His backstory and power set are interesting (plus his little sparrow), I just hope he becomes something other than a screaming child in his day to day life.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
the isekai quartet 2 promo video

wonder if the song in the first 30 seconds will be the new opening or if it's just a remix for the trailer.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so i just finished the new yuno anime and boy oh boy was that a crock of shit in the end. pretty sad about it, because i thought that the first about ~12 episodes were really good with really strong mystery and cliffhangers, keeping me at the edge of my seat. words fail to describe just how fucking hard this show manages to jump the shark tho. in the end, i am only left with a big WHY?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His personality was completely grating to my partner and I. His screaming bits always went on for a bit too long for our tastes. In Mineta's case we found him more tolerable because he was in and out. Zenitsu just has these terrible meltdowns for minutes at a time.

His backstory and power set are interesting (plus his little sparrow), I just hope he becomes something other than a screaming child in his day to day life.
Are you really shocked that DTL loves Zenitsu lol

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Ctk6HW9.jpg

And that's all in he first episode. Right?

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
So Cygames has announced an anime adaptation of Shadowverse. Based on their card game which is basically anime Hearthstone, but with a plot that's just straight up anime Magic the Gathering combined with Cygame's great art.

Except that instead of being a fantasy show pretty much everyone playing the game would have wanted (going by Reddit reactions, which are negative to say the least), they seemed to have turned it into a Yu-Gi-Oh clone instead.

shadowverse-kv.jpeg

I legit had to double check if this was actually based on the game, because it looks absolutely nothing like it. Which is a shame, because I kind of liked the game back when I actually played it.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Cygames has announced an anime adaptation of Shadowverse. Based on their card game which is basically anime Hearthstone, but with a plot that's just straight up anime Magic the Gathering combined with Cygame's great art.

Except that instead of being a fantasy show pretty much everyone playing the game would have wanted (going by Reddit reactions, which are negative to say the least), they seemed to have turned it into a Yu-Gi-Oh clone instead.

shadowverse-kv.jpeg

I legit had to double check if this was actually based on the game, because it looks absolutely nothing like it. Which is a shame, because I kind of liked the game back when I actually played it.
I was PUMPED reading this until you revealed what it actually is and now I'm just sad.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017

shadowverse-kv.jpeg

DTL's 2020 AOTY

Oct 25, 2017

shadowverse-kv.jpeg

What's so dissapointing. It looks amazing especially the main character design.

I cant wait to see him summon Albert, Azazel-san, and Veigtho. Its gonna be great. Hoping its like 1st series of Monster Strike was or perhaps like DraColle.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Outburst Dreamer Boys 01

No one is going to watch this because it sounds like a DTL show, is actually an otome, and is on HiDive, but this is actually really good and might go full Samurai Flamenco?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I watched most of Copcraft this weekend, the dub in particular when I realized what it was. It might be worth it just to hear the cliches that come out of the chief's mouth. Anyways this show could have been great but it rushes everything. They go through what would be two long season like arcs in the first few episodes.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed going through the original Psycho-Pass (mixed thoughts on the very end, however). I've heard that Psycho-Pass 2 is pretty disappointing. Would you guys recommend giving it a go, or skipping straight to the movie?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed going through the original Psycho-Pass (mixed thoughts on the very end, however). I've heard that Psycho-Pass 2 is pretty disappointing. Would you guys recommend giving it a go, or skipping straight to the movie?
PP 2 isn't anywhere near as bad as people say, it was just disappointing and a bit messy in comparison but it was still an enjoyable watch. It kind of feels like serviceable filler. Akane has some decent character development if I remember correctly.

There is a certain character introduced that everyone hates though but I feel like its something that they set up for eventual sequels as an antagonist and kind of a foil for Akane.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast

shadowverse-kv.jpeg

Being a Yugioh clone is not the worst thing in the world if its more like the beginning of Wixoss. But I don't have hopes considering the gameplay of shadowverse. But who knows, the shortness of it might be good.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life? episode 1

I've found my number one show this season.

Val x Love episode 1

Hot garbage.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I think, given enough time, all anime turn into a harem anime.
Makes sense.

Main characters have to be appealing for the most part.
New characters get introduced as the show goes along, if they are popular they need to hang out with the main character because the show focuses on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.