• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Team Taichi are going to be in for a world of hurt. I look forward to seeing it live.
Eh I've been burned by enough shoujo/josei that glorify problematic af relationships that I'm still leery on how it will turn out. Best case scenario really is Karuta ending or maybe a slight nudge towards Arata since he wants to go to college in Tokyo.

The mangaka is already on record saying something about Chihaya being too young to settle down, etc.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Eh I've been burned by enough shoujo/josei that glorify problematic af relationships that I'm still leery on how it will turn out. Best case scenario really is Karuta ending or maybe a slight nudge towards Arata since he wants to go to college in Tokyo.

The mangaka is already on record saying something about Chihaya being too young to settle down, etc.
How is Arata problematic?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017

Josei loves clingy emotional wreck bad boys.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Ooooooohh, in things I didn't know were gonna be a thing, Ishizoku Reviewers is getting an anime adaption. That's gonna push the boundaries between echi and hentai, as its basically a manga based around a group of guys visiting monster girls brothels and rating their experience there.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Sun and Moon is DELIGHTFUL

tumblr_owavzxdyBf1qc9dlro6_500.gifv

9NPDtgj.gif

5EKQ4rQ.gif

H54CeMp.gif

It's really the best. I've been binging through all of these episodes like crazy. It's so charming.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's the best animated weekly children's tv show ever made. It frankly puts most 13 episode series to shame with its production values, let alone any of the long runners. I didn't think they could improve that much over how good X/Y was but Sun/Moon blew it out of the water.

Useanyname

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2019
I'm watching Erased, and it got me thinking what would happen if an adult psyche enter into your body as a child. I mean the mind is less developed at that point, so I wonder if the adult psyche would be destroyed or altered.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Stone - 18

VEPMhX0.png

Reminder - it is currently the only blade in this world. Winner by default!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No Guns Life 4
Not a bad episode but pretty much how I expected things to go down. Also, maybe I'm forgetting something, but Tetsuro can speak now? Wasn't there something where because of Harmony he had his vocal cords removed? Did Mary put in new cords or something?

Cautious 4
Reaction faces sustain even after the amount of bullshit Seiya pulls with literally every character. Nice there to be a tiny nugget of info to maybe make him redeemable in the future if and when we see why he's just so cautious all the time.

Beastars 4
The stage performance was the highlight of the episode, but everything leading up to that moment was perfect. The ramp up in tension between the start of the episode to where things ended up made this my favorite episode so far.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, just watched episode 3 of Fire Force...so Tamaki is a thing huh? is the rest of the show this bad with that kind of stuff?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yikes, just watched episode 3 of Fire Force...so Tamaki is a thing huh? is the rest of the show this bad with that kind of stuff?
She pops up (or out I guess) a few more times in the next few episodes, but(t) I think after the arc after next it happens less and less. tho be prepared for it to happen almost any time she's on screen.
If your opponents are physically stronger that you, what you should be doing as the kingdom of science isn't forging swords but use chemistry to poison them.
I think they want to intimidate, not kill, their enemies at this point.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Beastars-4

This was insanely good. Almost all aspects were on point, especially the soundtrack. My only complaint is that Bill's character model wasn't more deformed. A 2D animator/animation style would have had him look more roughed up.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
I think they want to intimidate, not kill, their enemies at this point.
That is in itself stupid. One's priority should be to destroy those who want to destroy you and Tsukasa has already shown his willingness to kill Senku so there's no reason to hold back.
I can understand wanting to bring a person like the mentalist to your side but the masked spear guy doesn't look like someone you would ever trust.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
PV for Runway de Waratte, coming next season

I'm so incredibly excited for this show. When the anime was announced I went back and read every translated chapter of the manga, and it's so damn good. Definitely in my Top 5. I really hope the anime does it justice! The voice cast is great so far and all 3 PVs have looked really good. Apparently the studio hasn't done that many shows, but I'm still optimistic. The story is soo good, and I can't wait to see the amazing fashion in the manga animated!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 4

Another fantastic episode. I believe it was from this point on I was completely hooked on the manga. Such an amazing adaptation.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
No Guns Life 4
Not a bad episode but pretty much how I expected things to go down. Also, maybe I'm forgetting something, but Tetsuro can speak now? Wasn't there something where because of Harmony he had his vocal cords removed? Did Mary put in new cords or something?
He has a robot head strapped to his back that he speaks through using harmony
MINz0Yh.jpg

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn 205 - Furuhashi punching Nariyuki whenever he tried to bring up the b(allpoint pen) was great.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahiru no Sora Episode 5

Someone really liked showing that bird the entire episode.

The group of bullies from the start are growing on me, Chuckie and Yasu especially.

Also I love how the other team is committing to playing clean and giving it their all. Wish the spectators were different.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That is in itself stupid. One's priority should be to destroy those who want to destroy you and Tsukasa has already shown his willingness to kill Senku so there's no reason to hold back.
I can understand wanting to bring a person like the mentalist to your side but the masked spear guy doesn't look like someone you would ever trust.
But that is their end goal. Even with the black powder, the idea was to hold the upper hand in this stone age cold war between Tsukasa and Senku. Wiping your opponent out is the more tactical maneuver, but you run the risk of killing Taiju and Yuzu in the process and this would no longer be a shounen story. So intimidation and subterfuge to win comrades as opposed to outright killing them.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
this would no longer be a shounen story
This is, in fact, the only thing that matters and using logic to how they should face the confrontation is useless.
If one thinks coldly about it, Senku, as he is presented right now, is the most important person in all humanity and him getting killed would set its progress back hundreds of years yet no one seems to grasp the gravity of the situation.
I say this because, even though I have a technical background, I'm aware that if I was put in a similar situation where I had to do some science from memory and with limited resources there's not much I would accomplish comparatively.
I'd wager most of what I could realistically do would be writing some theoretical stuff so that the following generations could benefit from it once they were sufficiently advanced.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
The swords were cool
Pausing in the middle of fights and the enemy just letting them talk casually/stroll on over to the bridge is not cool.
Speaking of the bridge, if I were them, the first thing I would have done while crafting the swords and waiting for the storm is have some of the villagers remove the planks from the bridge and reconvert it to the kind where the footing is a single rope. This means that fighting while on the bridge would be impossible for everyone except the peak humans that the series does have. It would still reduce the number of people capable of fighting on it (even if sequentially) from 4-5 to one in the current party of attackers.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf thats supposed to be a blush?
When i first saw it i thought it was a way to show nipples without actually showing nipples or smth
I think this might have started to feature as a permanent rouge/blush on cheeks to start with, maybe with Euphonium but somehow spread to other body parts.

Last edited:

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone watching Bablyon? I liked the first episode, but the break and the third episode being kinda dumb really killed my interest.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Fire Force 15
These episodes have gotten progressively better and things finally unfolding with the intro of some new characters and more of the sinister role that Hajima seems to play in all of this is making this one of my more favorite shows.

Dr Stone 18
Surprising just how quickly they were able to make over half a dozen katana in three days time, what with them firing everything with man-made power. With that out of the way, we finally shift into the next arc with Tsukasa preparing for war with Senku and his kingdom of science.

Status
Not open for further replies.