• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars Season 4 Episode 4

They didnt need to drag this out for another episode....but, they made it so dramatic and awesome.

Favorite forever the SoTaku and Megumi huddle as well as the co-op going on. Really cool. Should have had many more moments we get this grouping together

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
MSG ZZ Ep. 27-28

Okay that hit me a lot harder than I thought it would probably since Emma. A lot of tense moments in these 2 episodes and I'm starting to like ZZ as much as Zeta now. Besides Puru, the cast has been excellent and I love that they're all contributing really well including Beecha and Mondo.

Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn Season 2 Episode 5

Both of these were even funnier than the manga, first because of the random poking and such.

2nd just because of the purple haired girl and Nariyuki trying to give it his all and she trying to keep quiet, lol.
Also I love how he was all "Why is it always people I know"

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
legend of the galactic heroes die neue season 2 is soooooo damn good.

I'm crying every time I see Rein and Yang on screen. To see these two legends on screen with such breathtaking quality and direction is a dream come true. I would make a thread to let everyone watch it but I am too stupid to write something worthy.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
MHA S4 3

This Nighteye guy reminds me a lot of this other dude from HunterXHunter. I hope he doesn't end up like him too.

Last edited:

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 4

This is one of those fights where I realized at the conclusion I was gripping the handles on my chair really hard. Just amazing stuff.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun & Moon 42-43

mamd4vr.gif

OJfnMPc.gif

I can't believe we got two epic battles in one episode. Holy shit that was amazing. It was great seeing Misty and Brock again and it makes me happy to know they're not fucking around anymore lol. I also love how the show always ignores game logic during the battles but it also makes them that much exciting.

Also, I never expected an R&B opening for Pokemon. I was honestly cracking up when I heard the new OP.

okay you've convinced me, gonna watch it this weekend effingvic

Enjoy! It's awesome. It's so bingable.

It's the best animated weekly children's tv show ever made. It frankly puts most 13 episode series to shame with its production values, let alone any of the long runners. I didn't think they could improve that much over how good X/Y was but Sun/Moon blew it out of the water.

For sure. Their planning is out of the world. It's crazy how great and consistent it's been week after week.

Maybe this year after....3 years (if you include this year) on being in my top 10, I won't be the only one giving points to Pok Sun&Moon in our AOTY Thread.

I'm loving it. It's nice knowing there's still another 70-80 episodes left to go through as I've just been watching these non stop for the past week or so. It's harder to put it down now that the actual "plot" is kicking off.

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Chihayafuru S3 - 03

That was a peak Chihayafuru episode, no, peak sports anime, holy shit. Cant believe this has gotten me so excited again after all these years!

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Beastars 4

Still amazing. This series is super engrossing - the production values (cinematography, pacing, soundtrack, etc) are on point and the story keeps you on your toes.

Radiant Season 2 Episode 5

This doesn't have a single fight but I think it's the best episode in the series. The dialogue in the first half of the episode is some good shit. This season has some rather slow pacing at points, but I think they're doing a much better job so far than they did with the first season.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Heybot! 1–50 [END]

In the beginning, I wrote this off as Gintama meets WarioWare, then its own charm shone through. Being sincerely stupid yet completely coherent by the end was impressive. Even if things were made up along the way, its dedication let nothing feel wasted within a sea of waste. Heybot! lives out the suitably childish desire of goofing off by using whatever associations come to mind while also indulging in repetitive one-shot gags. The fun felt genuine, so it's OK.

My favorite episodes were 16 and 44, the ones where Nejiru and Heybot were separated to only realize how important they were to each other. Then, episode 49's ending was the culmination of those emotions. The end of episode 46 was also notable for setting up the final arc in what was the only time that the show convincingly toyed with expectations by almost corrupting the protagonist. That said, this plateaued early; I had enough by the end of the first half.

For all its final talk about being too safe and well-rounded... it kept to its own bubble obediently, even obsessively. It's at least a funny bubble.

rDsv9M7.jpg

Kaguya-sama: Love Is War 1–12 [END]

Despite the restrictive premise, this is a good show. I don't like the content though. The humor isn't even what's above average; it's the production. I'd also like to strangle the narrator. Shut up! Less narration and Shinomiya-Shirogane skits was a welcome change halfway through. Still, something in my gut tells me what's between them isn't love. Being too good at avoiding direct intimacy is more tragic than funny. Kaguya-sama is what I regard as a "perfect" romantic comedy—way too methodical to pass off as a drama at the same time.* Basically, its credit runs dry fast from acting overly smart about the same stupid thing over and over.

I liked the acting, the pacing, and the style. While repetitive, each skit is delivered with different visuals and under different circumstances. Those jokes though... I couldn't care less for. The Climax of episode 8 was my favorite moment. Episode 9 was good too, though, I can't remember why anymore. (I forgot to post about this.)

Now I'm wondering if most people care for Kaguya-sama or just care about Chika. Because from an outsider's perspective, it's the Chika show, when it's not. It'd be nice if some people were more upfront about their fawning instead of lauding the middling humor strained through a style almost as vain as the main pair themselves.
—————
* I'm thinking of things like the Monogatari series and Spice and Wolf when I say this.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering if most people care for Kaguya-sama or just care about Chika. Because from an outsider's perspective, it's the Chika show, when it's not. It'd be nice if some people were more upfront about their fawning instead of lauding the middling humor strained through a style almost as vain as the main pair themselves.
Chika is the worst of the main four. I never understood the hype behind her except for maybe the dance

Honestly if you count Hayasaka, that you should because she is great, Chika is the worst of the 5

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Chika is the worst of the main four. I never understood the hype behind her except for maybe the dance

Honestly if you count Hayasaka, that you should because she is great, Chika is the worst of the 5
7pznpRn.jpg

Kaguya-sama: Love Is War 1–12 [END]

Despite the restrictive premise, this is a good show. I don't like the content though. The humor isn't even what's above average; it's the production. I'd also like to strangle the narrator. Shut up! Less narration and Shinomiya-Shirogane skits was a welcome change halfway through. Still, something in my gut tells me what's between them isn't love. Being too good at avoiding direct intimacy is more tragic than funny. Kaguya-sama is what I regard as a "perfect" romantic comedy—way too methodical to pass off as a drama at the same time.* Basically, its credit runs dry fast from acting overly smart about the same stupid thing over and over.

I liked the acting, the pacing, and the style. While repetitive, each skit is delivered with different visuals and under different circumstances. Those jokes though... I couldn't care less for. The Climax of episode 8 was my favorite moment. Episode 9 was good too, though, I can't remember why anymore. (I forgot to post about this.)
Oh Heybot, I was supposed to recheck that out at some point.

I think I felt similarly re: humour, premise, repetitiveness when reading the early stages of the Kaguya manga, enough to drop it, but I thought it improves in those fields as it goes on.

Tales of Zestiria 13-25 END

Does this perhaps count as finishing a jrpg ? Can i finally cross this bane of my bucket list off ... said list? Hopefully.

Anyhow this feels like a weirdly low tier effort by Ufotable, I don't remember how the first half was and Ufotable's low is still better than most but there's a very noticeable over reliance on CG effects for any action sequences, even the final one, and not much of any 2d action to hang your eye on. And it's not like the generic story can tie you over when there is no fights so ithis just doesn't have really much going for it. Well it's not an isekai, that's commendable and support worthy I guess.

Granblue Fantasy 05

"Vira you lied to us and tried to murder our asses but it was all because you've got hots for eating sandwiches with your oneesama so it's all okay I guess."

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align Episode 2 EngDub

Dont understand the role of the fem char, beyond potentially just wanting to ship the boys together perhaps.

Oh well, I do like three of the boys on the team, especially our superstar soft tennis prodigy
EHwAC4BX0AId8GK

Did find it strange he got all you all are cowards when it seemed he was just speaking more to himself than to them since he only cowered and what not in front of his dad.

Gay boy plot is compelling, but again, I would have wished it was actually either of the two leads harboring such affections rather than some spectator who may have a minor role at the end of the day.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
legend of the galactic heroes die neue season 2 is soooooo damn good.

I'm crying every time I see Rein and Yang on screen. To see these two legends on screen with such breathtaking quality and direction is a dream come true. I would make a thread to let everyone watch it but I am too stupid to write something worthy.
It's the show I look forward to watching the most this season. I really hope they adapt the whole series.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force 15 EngDub

coldrain brings an epic OP song that will definitely be a constant play at work for me.

Love the OP but seemed like some of the content could have been saved for later, Shinra vs Sho in the adolla realm, why now?

And wow Lenny code fiction for the ED, Fire Force knows how to get me good. Why is this so perfect. Wished we got different ED visuals.

Sho looks great animated.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Heybot! 1–50 [END]

In the beginning, I wrote this off as Gintama meets WarioWare, then its own charm shone through. Being sincerely stupid yet completely coherent by the end was impressive. Even if things were made up along the way, its dedication let nothing feel wasted within a sea of waste. Heybot! lives out the suitably childish desire of goofing off by using whatever associations come to mind while also indulging in repetitive one-shot gags. The fun felt genuine, so it's OK.

My favorite episodes were 16 and 44, the ones where Nejiru and Heybot were separated to only realize how important they were to each other. Then, episode 49's ending was the culmination of those emotions. The end of episode 46 was also notable for setting up the final arc in what was the only time that the show convincingly toyed with expectations by almost corrupting the protagonist. That said, this plateaued early; I had enough by the end of the first half.

For all its final talk about being too safe and well-rounded... it kept to its own bubble obediently, even obsessively. It's at least a funny bubble.

rDsv9M7.jpg

This sounds like the sort of interesting high-quality anime I prefer to check out.

Oct 25, 2017
Kono Oto Tomare Season 2 Episode 3 EngDub

Don't know why their club adviser won't compose a song for them, he has the talent right?

Otherwise, love the slow-burnness but fear the anime wont cover things with enough progress to leave us fulfilled. Like say it ends with them qualifying, will we get to see the full tourney?

I wish viz would get the manga. So wanna read it. JUMPSQ at its finest even when its not a Exorcist series.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Demon Slayer last night, that show rules. Can't wait to watch a 2nd season of it... in like 3 years... Its definitely the best show I've watched this year, out of like 5 shows.

Started Mob Psycho 100 last night and I don't get it. Like 3 eps in and its just a painfully unfunny version of Saiki K. Does the premise of the show change or something? Otherwise I'll just drop it and keep churning through the backlog

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
Fate Grand Order: Babylonia ep 5
It's crazy how well animated this show is. We've already had 5 good fight scenes, but this episode was the best one yet. The fight between Enkidu and Gil was amazing. The conflicting thoughts of Enkidu fighting his best friend was heartbreaking and seeing the normally confident Gil become silent was great. It's still crazy to see Gil be a king that loves all of his citizens and even be kind to kids after how he's acted in other Fate media, but it's been believable. Fantastic episode.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn is generic as hell, but I gotta admit they did a good job with the anime. It looks nice and moves along at a great clip. It's funny and charming without being too perverted.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im really enjoying Hoshiai no Sora. I dont really like sports anime, but for some reason this got my attention.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll further hold off on this until after the film is out. Not like there are any releases of the show that have the songs all translated.

Revue Starlight is one of the very rare situations where the legal option does it better. Hidive has all the songs translated (the only reason I still have my sub lol)

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I frigging hate Netflix and their anime policies. I really want to leagally watch karakai jouzu no moto takagi-san season 2 but its still not available outside of Netflix Japan.

😭

Stars Align is great! I do hope they can tie all the threads nicely!

You should give Run With the Wind a look if you like a more grounded human drama driven by sport.
Hmm i may give that a try thanks.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Beastars has such a fantastic intro. I love it when OP have jazzy vibe to them.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I frigging hate Netflix and their anime policies. I really want to leagally watch karakai jouzu no moto takagi-san season 2 but its still not available outside of Netflix Japan.

😭

Hmm i may give that a try thanks.
I want to watch it as well, but as far as I'm concerned it won't be released in general. it wasn't a show that gripped me enough in japanese to keep watching it, but I enjoyed the dub well enough and season 2 won't get dubbed :/

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 125

Young Kukui is absolutely adorable and I love how much Burnet acts like a mom to Ash. Gonna try and marathon all the rest of the episodes before Sword and Shield comes out as one last send off to Alola.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I want to watch it as well, but as far as I'm concerned it won't be released in general. it wasn't a show that gripped me enough in japanese to keep watching it, but I enjoyed the dub well enough and season 2 won't get dubbed :/

There were some suuuuuuper cute moments in S2.

They dialed down the taunt (slightly) and upped the shipping game

😭

It was a really good season, so hopefully....... hopefully more people get to watch it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.