• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
There were some suuuuuuper cute moments in S2.

They dialed down the taunt (slightly) and upped the shipping game

It was a really good season, so hopefully....... hopefully more people get to watch it soon
i bet there was, but I refuse to watch any seasons of anime that netflix steals from funimation and then doesn't dub :/

Oct 25, 2017
Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit Episode 3 EngDub

Rookie getting all panicked disabling a bomb and still clipping a wire even as everyone says he got the order wrong, lol.

Love rookie the most.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The PROMARE soundtrack is so good. It's also making me want an Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel so badly as PROMARETHEME sounds like it could be an overworld theme. Give it to me Nintendo.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
the pokemon anime would be so much better if instead of satoshi, it followed the mcs from the game

that said, sun and moon was great, gonna miss it

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Started Mob Psycho 100 last night and I don't get it. Like 3 eps in and its just a painfully unfunny version of Saiki K. Does the premise of the show change or something? Otherwise I'll just drop it and keep churning through the backlog
For me personally the characters and story didn't do much for me but season 2 has crazy good animation so its worth a watch for that alone.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Started Mob Psycho 100 last night and I don't get it. Like 3 eps in and its just a painfully unfunny version of Saiki K. Does the premise of the show change or something? Otherwise I'll just drop it and keep churning through the backlog

dunno how hot of a take this is anymore but s1 really isn't all that hot besides the production quality. s2 gets better for doing more with its characters beyond one-note gags but ymmv on whether you want to stick through s1 for it

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dunno how hot of a take this is anymore but s1 really isn't all that hot besides the production quality. s2 gets better for doing more with its characters beyond one-note gags but ymmv on whether you want to stick through s1 for it

It's still scorching hot

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu on Parade 5: I'm a Top Idol in my Universe, Yet Now I'm a Glorified Babysitter.

For being main characters Aine and Mio have had it rough so far. Hikari and Yuu cameos yay. Love Me Tear don't even care about being whisked away to another dimension. Though I can believe Mirai already has experience in dimensional travel since we know she's a wizard. Honestly she just stole the episode, like she always does when she's onscreen. I don't know how Karen manages in her shadow. How Sumire doesn't have PTSD from the last time we saw her perform Queen of Roses is beyond me. Good old Johnny hasn't lost his touch. Aine and Mio actually had good costumes, while Raki was meh. But Akari being the Starlight Queen + Mirai literally becoming Spider-Man (apparently she can literally do anything), gave us a new version of Identity, so I'm happy. Meanwhile Bis Sis acts even more evil. Pretty enjoyable episode. Helps to get away from the bland Friends universe.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Season two of 00 Gundam is still a decent watch although, in my opinion, it does not live up to the expectations set by season one.
The movie is quite awful and only recommended if you want a (not very satisfying) closure to the story.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
I just watched the Kimagure Orange Road movie. Wow... I was ready for something more dramatic, but I didn't expect the series to end with such punch in the gut.
I started watching this series because it kept popping up in clips and gif-form during the whole "A E S T H E T I C" boom, and it's easy to see why because it's got a lot of style, but as I watched it I realized that I'd actually already seen some of it on television way back when I was in elementary school. It's interesting the sense of closure this movie brought.

Anyway, I've yet to watch the other movie they made, the one that came out in the mid-nineties. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything positive about it, but I'm still gonna watch it.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
just found out spoilers about Overly Cautious Hero, that could be triggering. I have no way of knowing if the anime will reach this stuff, but I also don't feel comfortable just sitting on it and hoping it doesn't, or hoping that if it does that no one will see it between when the episode comes out and someone sounding the alarm and have a real bad experience.

So here we go.

So yeah the hero has gotten called in to do the world saving thing before and things want real bad, ending with his wife having her baby ripped out of her womb and eaten by the demon king. He then got sent back to Japan and his memory wiped of the whole thing, but the feeling that he should have been less gung-ho in life stayed with him. Ristarte is the reincarnation of said wife. So, only half fridged I guess? But also means she may have to deal with the trauma of that event if she ever remembers it. So.... yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Babylon Episode 5:

I am sorry, I can't take this show that seriously when it decides to put what amounts to a comic book supervillain into a down to earth police procedural. Basically the reason I like Special Seven more.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Babylon Episode 5:

I am sorry, I can't take this show that seriously when it decides to put what amounts to a comic book supervillain into a down to earth police procedural. Basically the reason I like Special Seven more.
I'd say she appears to be similar to Foundation's the Mule. Granted, that's sci-fi but in the end just a character with a single very powerful ace up their sleeve.
The series being down to earth sounds more like your expectations than anything. Isn't the author the same as Kado: The right answer?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Season two of 00 Gundam is still a decent watch although, in my opinion, it does not live up to the expectations set by season one.
The movie is quite awful and only recommended if you want a (not very satisfying) closure to the story.

I can't say I agree there. 00 S2 is only surpassed in how boring it is by how ridiculous it is. It's ridiculous and yet and the same time not entertaining in the slightest. That season followed up by AGE is the lowest point of the series in my opinion. It's an incredible shame considering how good 00 S1 turned out.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I can't say I agree there. 00 S2 is only surpassed in how boring it is by how ridiculous it is. It's ridiculous and yet and the same time not entertaining in the slightest. That season followed up by AGE is the lowest point of the series in my opinion. It's an incredible shame considering how good 00 S1 turned out.
I don't think we usually agree on our judgement on Gundam, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I'd say she appears to be similar to Foundation's the Mule. Granted, that's sci-fi but in the end just a character with a single very powerful ace up their sleeve.
The series being down to earth sounds more like your expectations than anything. Isn't the author the same as Kado: The right answer?

I am sure there is a reason behind the powers but it is more having to sit through the drudgery of the mundane more then anything else, this show really likes its procedure.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
just found out spoilers about Overly Cautious Hero, that could be triggering. I have no way of knowing if the anime will reach this stuff, but I also don't feel comfortable just sitting on it and hoping it doesn't, or hoping that if it does that no one will see it between when the episode comes out and someone sounding the alarm and have a real bad experience.

So here we go.

So yeah the hero has gotten called in to do the world saving thing before and things want real bad, ending with his wife having her baby ripped out of her womb and eaten by the demon king. He then got sent back to Japan and his memory wiped of the whole thing, but the feeling that he should have been less gung-ho in life stayed with him. Ristarte is the reincarnation of said wife. So, only half fridged I guess? But also means she may have to deal with the trauma of that event if she ever remembers it. So.... yeah.

huh, this just got a whole lot more interesting

probably won't get to that in the anime though

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul: Re's first season was fucking terrible. Felt much more low budget and abandoned much of the characters you grew to love and root for with asshole investigators. Like the creator grew bored with the series and wanted to write a different series but knew TG printed money.

I gave up on it half way through despite being rabid for the original series but then I read some spoilers for what goes on later in the series and

Kaneki drops that dumb ass fake identity and goes back to being a ghoul liberator fighting against the man and takes the fight to them.

Is there anywhere the second season streams online legally with subs or dubs? I was out but sounds like the story tries to actually get its self together again near the end after I stopped watching.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Fairy Gone 13-15
Catching up with this, I have to say that the further it goes the more I despise the protagonists, mostly because it's becoming clear that they are an authoritarian police force at the service of a system that is clearly rotten to the core.
Not that the antagonists are very likeable but I'd rather side with them than those dogs of the status quo.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul: Re's first season was fucking terrible. Felt much more low budget and abandoned much of the characters you grew to love and root for with asshole investigators. Like the creator grew bored with the series and wanted to write a different series but knew TG printed money.

I gave up on it half way through despite being rabid for the original series but then I read some spoilers for what goes on later in the series and

Kaneki drops that dumb ass fake identity and goes back to being a ghoul liberator fighting against the man and takes the fight to them.

Is there anywhere the second season streams online legally with subs or dubs? I was out but sounds like the story tries to actually get its self together again near the end after I stopped watching.
Like the creator grew bored with the series and wanted to write a different series but knew TG printed money.
I think there's enough continuity in plotting, character work etc to disprove that notion. The series also ends on a series of hooks and reveals that are clearly meant for the future.

Funimation region blocks me but I think both it and Hulu should have it available. That said, can I, for your sake, talk you out of it ? Second season of :re is somehow even more of a dumpster fire than the first one and they're both Berserk CG tier shows, maybe lower. 2nd season adapts like 120 chapters into 12 eps, which is like double the pace of the first one and that one was already supremely rushed by any kind of sane standard. (Normal pace is 2-3 chapters per episode.) Production values plummet even more and in general, you just don't want to subject yourself to this, especially given your reaction to the predecessor. At that pace even the events you're talking of are not handled with any amount of care. If the manga is an option, I recommend getting the story there. If you're completely anime only, than you'll get a bonus of a very much different story during the timescope of Root A which was mostly an adaptation only version of events and different in Ishida's version.

Manga Plus uploads the chapters freely and legally but it will take them years to get to re:

Last edited:

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Gundam 79: 1-6

I started this last year and got decently far in and just wasn't feeling it. Last week I started thinking about trying to watch it again and so far, I think I'm enjoying it quite a bit more. I'm enjoying the characters a lot more this time around. Excited to watch more.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's enough continuity in plotting, character work etc to disprove that notion. The series also ends on a series of hooks and reveals that are clearly meant for the future.

Funimation region blocks me but I think both it and Hulu should have it available. That said, can I, for your sake, talk you out of it ? Second season of :re is somehow even more of a dumpster fire than the first one and they're both Berserk CG tier shows, maybe lower. 2nd season adapts like 120 chapters into 12 eps, which is like double the pace of the first one and that one was already supremely rushed by any kind of sane standard. (Normal pace is 2-3 chapters per episode.) Production values plummet even more and in general, you just don't want to subject yourself to this, especially given your reaction to the predecessor. At that pace even the events you're talking of are not handled with any amount of care. If the manga is an option, I recommend getting the story there. If you're completely anime only, than you'll get a bonus of a very much different story during the timescope of Root A which was mostly an adaptation only version of events and different in Ishida's version.

Manga Plus uploads the chapters freely and legally but it will take them years to get to re:
I'm tempted to read the manga but what I've seen of Re's plot and characters was a total trash fire for me. I'm not sure I could stomach going through all that but in an expanded form to get to the stuff I actually want to see.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul is among the worst anime I've ever seen and I used to go out of my way to watch some real stinkers. The real fools are those that think the manga is much better when its also edgelord crap, but it least it isn't poorly animated and condensed to shit.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul anime made an okay story way worse and then managed to just continuously 1 up it self in ways to make itself worse.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul is among the worst anime I've ever seen and I used to go out of my way to watch some real stinkers. The real fools are those that think the manga is much better when its also edgelord crap, but it least it isn't poorly animated and condensed to shit.
the manga at least has a main character that isn't a complete idiot :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The TG anime is the magic combination of a bad premise done by an awful animation team that just made everything worse with any minor change they made. There's no good reason to hate watch it, there's no its so bad its good. It's boring. More boring than any show about a separate parasitic race of super powered cannibals has any right to be.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 129-139

Ahh, i see the trade off for Ash winning the league is that it has to be super short and quick battles. Still entertaining overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul Root of Aogiri tree was actually good as well as the subsequent content. Anime had the issue of too many characters that most didnt care about or just die and your like what, why were they important. In my opinion, seems like its just bad source writing.

Regardless, the anime makes it easy to connect and be emotionally invested in many characters, still loved all of of dorm Mom Mr. Sauce's folks.

And Tokyo Ghoul is memorable, will never forget Hide.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
From my understanding this was actually the longest league.

i just looked it up and what the fuck the average league was like 6-7 episodes. I'm in shock cause in my memories they are longer. And apparently the champion battle is like 4 episodes for this so it great eclipses the others. Wow.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
i just looked it up and what the fuck the average league was like 6-7 episodes. I'm in shock cause in my memories they are longer. And apparently the champion battle is like 4 episodes for this so it great eclipses the others. Wow.
The final battle in Alola is the longest battle ever in the series.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Watashi Nouryoku 05

Mavis and Reina have strangly dark backstories for such a laid back and funny show. Adele's backstory could be sad too if it wasn't for a comedy of errors she caused to happen when she revealed her powers for the first time.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
MSG ZZ Ep. 29-47 [End]

Some thoughts:
-Actually liked the cast better than Zetas. Only really liked Kamille, Quattro, and Emma in Zeta while everyone in ZZ had some redeeming features by the end.
-Hate how Leina lived without answering any questions like how and why Sayla was there
-They did Puru dirty. Killed her off and no one really said anything. Not to mention they replace her with an even shittier clone.
-I liked Elle with Beecha better. Didn't expect Judau and Roux together at the end though
-Hated how some characters were killed off like Emaly, Marshmellow, and Chara. Just didn't like how they did it if anything.
-Loved how Roux ended up being the one to kill Glemy. He deserved it
-Shitty last battle between Judau and Haman tbh
-Overall, it did get better than expected after a certain point. Besides fillers like Moon Moon, most of the episodes were pretty enjoyable.

Now onto Char's Counter Attack

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Chiyahafuru S3 04-05

PjRs9HA.gif

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
-Actually liked the cast better than Zetas. Only really liked Kamille, Quattro, and Emma in Zeta while everyone in ZZ had some redeeming features by the end.
I think Beecha, Mondo, Ino and Elle would have died 10 episodes in, Katz Kobayashi style, if they were in the conflicts depicted in MSG or Zeta where the opposition was ruthless. They just seem to coast until the end because they are up against a bunch of incompetents. At least Judau and Roux can get their job done but seeing how Bright at a certain point stops giving a fuck is harsh.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
MSG ZZ Ep. 29-47 [End]

Some thoughts:
-Hate how Leina lived without answering any questions like how and why Sayla was there
-They did Puru dirty. Killed her off and no one really said anything. Not to mention they replace her with an even shittier clone.
-I liked Elle with Beecha better. Didn't expect Judau and Roux together at the end though
-Hated how some characters were killed off like Emaly, Marshmellow, and Chara. Just didn't like how they did it if anything.
-Loved how Roux ended up being the one to kill Glemy. He deserved it
-Shitty last battle between Judau and Haman tbh
-Overall, it did get better than expected after a certain point. Besides fillers like Moon Moon, most of the episodes were pretty enjoyable.

Now onto Char's Counter Attack

Don't forget Puru Two's fate.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Won't link to it, but you gotta love when people post "spoiler-free" reviews of movies, then proceed to go over specific plot points and scenes in detail. Ugh.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think Beecha, Mondo, Ino and Elle would have died 10 episodes in, Katz Kobayashi style, if they were in the conflicts depicted in MSG or Zeta where the opposition was ruthless. They just seem to coast until the end because they are up against a bunch of incompetents. At least Judau and Roux can get their job done but seeing how Bright at a certain point stops giving a fuck is harsh.
Nothing can outdo Katz pathetic death. He deserves it for being a cocky little shit. I do think Iino and Elle would've gotten by if they were depicted Zeta style. Mondo and Beecha were worthless in the beginning, but I liked how serious they got by the end.

Don't forget Puru Two's fate.
Yeah hers was just as bad. Nobody freaking notices or mentions it afterwards.

Chihayafuru Ep. 4-5
Finals hype next episode! I'm starting to like the OP a lot more than previous seasons too.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Rightstuf has shipped my copy of Seitokai Yakuindomo! Time to get my perverted wordplay on.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru 4-5:
I imagine this was a finals match up that very few people were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.