• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't I say to make my abilities average in the next life? episode 5

I just love the thumbnail that VRV chose for this episode. Ha!

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For the last two weeks, it's been 2 episodes of chihaya, they are spoiling me!!

Is this gonna be the norm?? Cause I'm loving it

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 141-144

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this was so good. Maybe the best battle in the whole entire series. The animation on the last episode was top tier. It's awesome to see my boy winning after all this time. Reaching the end sadly. Sun and Moon is easily my favorite in the Pokemon series and I'm going to miss it.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This past episodes (and the entire second season lol) is why I think Chihayafuru is more a sports anime than, for example, March comes in like a lion. Yeah the latter have sometimes episodes dedicated to matchs, even unrelated to Rei, but it's more personal driven and not always for the sake of the sport.

Next week for Chihayafuru is going to be insane if this don't get resolved in the episode.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 4, 5
Lord, these matches were so good. Next week is going to be amazing.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
so they are saying beastars will be up on netflix first thing 2020

ideally that literally means jan 1st :P

Recording the voices post-animation is going to be a very different vibe. Hopefully they have it with the original audio.

Pokemon Sun and Moon 141-144

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this was so good. Maybe the best battle in the whole entire series. The animation on the last episode was top tier. It's awesome to see my boy winning after all this time. Reaching the end sadly. Sun and Moon is easily my favorite in the Pokemon series and I'm going to miss it.

146 actually cemented this as the best season they have done tbh

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Great Teacher Onizuka ep. 1- 26
tumblr_niwfifBgBL1r72ht7o1_400.gif

I have no idea why I waited so long to watch this...
I have no idea why it is so good, yet so wrong, yet so bad, yet so amazing.

It's got a great mix of dumb sophmoric humor, mixed in with slapstick comedy, and general nonsense all mixed together and wrapped up with some heart added in. I'm up to ep.26 but I can;t stop watching.... every min-arc with each character is a lot of fun to watch play-out. This is one of those shows that I'll be sad when it's done because it's such a fun show to watch.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
I have now watched the second Kimagure Orange Road movie and can confirm that it sucks ballz.
I was afraid that it was gonna take the edge of the previous movie, which it kinda does, but when you consider that there was an eight year gap between the two releases, a new story themed around a reunion doesn't actually sound like such a bad idea.
It turns out the real problem with this movie is that it's really, REALLY boring. I just couldn't wait for it to be over, which took it's sweet time because it's got more endings than Return of the fucking King.
Furthermore it didn't feel like I was watching Kimagure Orange Road. It certainly didn't look like it, all the characters were drawn in a completely different style, and it didn't sound like it either. I guess this is the problem with dragging a decade-old property back from the grave, especially if you can't assemble the original creative team.

A shame really, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the I Want to Return to That Day was a perfect ending for the series, and quite possibly one of those rare anime masterpieces.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I have now watched the second Kimagure Orange Road movie and can confirmed that it sucks ballz.
I was afraid that it was gonna take the edge of the previous movie, which it kinda does, but when you consider that there was an eight year gap between the two releases, a new story themed around a reunion honestly doesn't sound like such a bad idea. It turns out the real problem with this movie is that it's really, REALLY boring. I just couldn't wait for it to be over, which took it's sweet time because it's got more endings than Return of the fucking King.
Furthermore it didn't feel like I was watching Kimagure Orange Road. It certainly didn't look like it, all the characters were drawn in a completely different style, and it didn't sound like it either. I guess this is the problem with dragging a decade-old property back from the grave, at least if you can't assemble the original creative team.

A shame really, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the I Want to Return to That Day was a perfect ending for the series, and quite possibly one of those rare anime masterpieces.

You are correct.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Chirdori RSC episode 1

"Okay, you guys need 4 members."
Thirty seconds later
"Okay, we got the members."
Also, the MC and her BFF really, really, really, really, really adore each other.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Great Teacher Onizuka ep. 1- 26
tumblr_niwfifBgBL1r72ht7o1_400.gif

I have no idea why I waited so long to watch this...
I have no idea why it is so good, yet so wrong, yet so bad, yet so amazing.

It's got a great mix of dumb sophmoric humor, mixed in with slapstick comedy, and general nonsense all mixed together and wrapped up with some heart added in. I'm up to ep.26 but I can;t stop watching.... every min-arc with each character is a lot of fun to watch play-out. This is one of those shows that I'll be sad when it's done because it's such a fun show to watch.
Just wanted to say that my Japanese teacher in high school showed us an episode every Friday. Good times

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Season two of 00 Gundam is still a decent watch although, in my opinion, it does not live up to the expectations set by season one.
The movie is quite awful and only recommended if you want a (not very satisfying) closure to the story.
Late to the party here but I think the biggest bummer was the soap opera syndrome with returning characters and a plot that wasn't nearly as good as the first season.

The movie was visually interesting but I agree the plot is absolute trash. Like someone thought that was a good idea?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just finished Wotakoi and honestly, that is one of the best/most enjoyable shows I've seen in a very long time. I'm so bummed it's only 11 episodes! I see there's apparently a special out there that I need to try and find.

I hope they make more of it! A live action movie is coming out next year apparently.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Wotakoi and honestly, that is one of the best/most enjoyable shows I've seen in a very long time. I'm so bummed it's only 11 episodes! I see there's apparently a special out there that I need to try and find.

I hope they make more of it! A live action movie is coming out next year apparently.
we are seeing a bit more romance anime picked up for another season but it's still typically...

get an anime --> get a live action movie or tv series --> get a second live action thing --> maybe a stage play --> never back to anime :(

it's why I was so happy when Kaguya - love is war actually got announced for a second season. A lot of times the only "romance" shows that get picked up for more seasons are the harem ones because they are typically good for making anime figures to sell.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
MSG Char's Counterattack

Thoughts:
-Starting off, everything looks beautiful. It was great seeing everyone look updated especially because we got away from Mirai's weird looking eyes.
-Move over Katz, we have a new little shithead and his name is Hathaway
-Quess is such a bad character. Her reasons for everything was because she loved Amuro who she barely knew. Then fell for Char, which again, she barely knew. Can't believe she had two other people fawning over her as well.
-Seriously, remove those two and it's a more enjoyable movie especially if it focused more on Amuro and Char.
-I liked how Char gave the psycoframe to Amuro just so there weren't any excuses in the final battle. It's totally him to do that
-Amuro's Nu Gundam and Char's Sazabi are both great looking. Probably the best so far.
-Some undeserved deaths like Chan and Astonaige (he definitely didn't deserve losing Kayra as well). Hathaway should've died if anything
-Kinda weird to mention Char having a mother complex at the end. Would've been worse if he was a confirmed pedo, but they cleared the air on that at least
-Great ending to the one of the best rivalries.

Now to watch the side stories then Unicorn

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ascendance of a Bookworm - Episode 06

I like that this episode actually explored the business aspects of Main's goal, and that it demonstrated that Main is fully aware that her inventions could get her the cash she would need, and thus she keeps things under wraps.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
get an anime --> get a live action movie or tv series --> get a second live action thing --> maybe a stage play --> never back to anime :(

Nodame Cantabile got anime and live-action adaptation and it finished the manga storyline for both. Mad respect even if the second and third season of the anime got a bit rushed.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
MSG Char's Counterattack

Thoughts:
-Starting off, everything looks beautiful. It was great seeing everyone look updated especially because we got away from Mirai's weird looking eyes.
-Move over Katz, we have a new little shithead and his name is Hathaway
-Quess is such a bad character. Her reasons for everything was because she loved Amuro who she barely knew. Then fell for Char, which again, she barely knew. Can't believe she had two other people fawning over her as well.
-Seriously, remove those two and it's a more enjoyable movie especially if it focused more on Amuro and Char.
-I liked how Char gave the psycoframe to Amuro just so there weren't any excuses in the final battle. It's totally him to do that
-Amuro's Nu Gundam and Char's Sazabi are both great looking. Probably the best so far.
-Some undeserved deaths like Chan and Astonaige (he definitely didn't deserve losing Kayra as well). Hathaway should've died if anything
-Kinda weird to mention Char having a mother complex at the end. Would've been worse if he was a confirmed pedo, but they cleared the air on that at least
-Great ending to the one of the best rivalries.

Now to watch the side stories then Unicorn
Quess is just a spoiled child that happens to be a powerful newtype and behaves like bratty teenagers are wont to do: selfishly and irrationally. She doesn't understand that those who give her the attention she craves only want to use her and those who don't want to use her won't give her any attention. I'm not exactly defending her, simply acknowledging that she seems to be the kind of character that the director wanted in that role.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Ascendance of a Bookworm - Episode 06

I like that this episode actually explored the business aspects of Main's goal, and that it demonstrated that Main is fully aware that her inventions could get her the cash she would need, and thus she keeps things under wraps.
Her name is Main? It's Myne in the LN. I wonder how it's in Japanese.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My friend recommended Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! and it seems to be OK? My friend and I's tastes don't always align, but I watched the first 2 episodes, and it seems to be entertaining at least.

It reminds me on Endro, which I only watched 2 episodes as well. Are either of these considered good? I know I should just watch them and form my own opinion, but I was curious if people had strong feelings either way.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
My friend recommended Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! and it seems to be OK? My friend and I's tastes don't always align, but I watched the first 2 episodes, and it seems to be entertaining at least.

It reminds me on Endro, which I only watched 2 episodes as well. Are either of these considered good? I know I should just watch them and form my own opinion, but I was curious if people had strong feelings either way.

Endro is OK. Has some great episodes, has some real boring ones. Kind of balances out as being just fine.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

I like it, but my favorite anime genre is CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Things), so I might be a bit biased. Endro is another cute show, but the characters (other than Mao) don't have a lot of depth to them. Sometimes I think Endro is about Mao, and not the girls.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
They had written it as "Myne" in episode 1 on Crunchy, but they shifted to Main moving forward. "Myne" made more sense to me, but I assume that "Main" is how someone in charge wants it to be, so meh.
When she spells her name using the fantasy world's native script, it looks a lot like 'Main' with a few upside-down letters, which is I think the main reason they're going with that spelling.

WGB1cvv.jpg

I kinda wanted them to use Myne at first 'cause it doesn't make me think, well, 'main', but then I saw it written down and was like, 'huh, well, that makes sense'.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017

Endro was good. Definitely worth finishing if you like the genre.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Bookworm Isekai 6
The show is steadily getting better. It's very comfy at the moment.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 145-146 [END]
TWVW1gC.jpg

I'm reaaaaaaly going to miss this anime and all of Alola. Alola quickly became my absolute favorite region for all the designs and overall feeling I got from the game. The fact that the anime did such a great job in capturing that and moving towards a more "slice of life" with a much bigger consistent cast worked so well. The animation was great throughout, it felt like they tried to tackle stuff I never expected a Pokemon anime to tackle, and it always felt like it was just trying to have a good time.

Kukui and Burnet were amazing and they are Ash's real parents. By far the best Professors in the games and the series.
O2BJouJ.png

This scene almost made me tear up.

Also shout out to Lily's Theme for being remixed so much and generally sounding amazing for all the emotional moments.

And well with one chapter closing, another one is opening. This feels like a full goodbye to Alola and Gen 7 and I really hope I end up loving Galar and Gen 8. Less than 10 days till the game comes out! I know the anime will be different again but even if it's not "Galar" focused I'm hoping they can keep some of the magic they created with Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna say, as awesome the animation of Sun and Moon looks, I think what they did to Lusamine's character ultimately casts me out of the series.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I never finished the game but what major stuff did they change about her character in the anime?

She might as well be a different character.

In the game she's literally insane, over controlling and abusive to her children. In the anime she's a doting mother who was a bit too controlling but lightens up.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sun and Moon 145-146 [END]
TWVW1gC.jpg

I'm reaaaaaaly going to miss this anime and all of Alola. Alola quickly became my absolute favorite region for all the designs and overall feeling I got from the game. The fact that the anime did such a great job in capturing that and moving towards a more "slice of life" with a much bigger consistent cast worked so well. The animation was great throughout, it felt like they tried to tackle stuff I never expected a Pokemon anime to tackle, and it always felt like it was just trying to have a good time.

Kukui and Burnet were amazing and they are Ash's real parents. By far the best Professors in the games and the series.
O2BJouJ.png

This scene almost made me tear up.

Also shout out to Lily's Theme for being remixed so much and generally sounding amazing for all the emotional moments.

And well with one chapter closing, another one is opening. This feels like a full goodbye to Alola and Gen 7 and I really hope I end up loving Galar and Gen 8. Less than 10 days till the game comes out! I know the anime will be different again but even if it's not "Galar" focused I'm hoping they can keep some of the magic they created with Sun and Moon.

Alola best region ever, I wish I had made more of an effort to keep up with the anime

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Fire Force 15

Yeah I do not like this new pair of OP/ED, it's just so played out in it's composition. Episode was great! Loved the comedy shots they used for reactions.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
She might as well be a different character.

In the game she's literally insane, over controlling and abusive to her children. In the anime she's a doting mother who was a bit too controlling but lightens up.

Ah okay. Yeah I always thought she was the main villain of the game so I was shocked to see how sunny, loving and childlike she is in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.