• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I have been catching up on some old series that I had pending and yesterday it was Mob Psycho 100 2nd season turn and... wth?
The first 6 episodes were amazing and with good character development. Sadly I had to stop hopefully today I can continue

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am a little confused at what you're what the helling. Mob Psycho is beloved.

I know it's just that the first season for me was fun with some great moments. But the second improved a lot in all the characters arc we're seeing over there. I'm quite happy I waited to binge watch it.

Are we getting a season 3?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Weird question, sorry if this has already been addressed. Is Chihayafuru 3 airing two episodes a week? I feel like every time I've gone back to Crunchyroll on the requisite day there has been two episodes instead of one. What am I missing?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's just that the first season for me was fun with some great moments. But the second improved a lot in all the characters arc we're seeing over there. I'm quite happy I waited to binge watch it.

Are we getting a season 3?

No confirmation yet, but hopefully because there isn't much left.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, sorry if this has already been addressed. Is Chihayafuru 3 airing two episodes a week? I feel like every time I've gone back to Crunchyroll on the requisite day there has been two episodes instead of one. What am I missing?
They had a surplus of episodes due to airing later than anticipated. I think they are caught up now though.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They had a surplus of episodes due to airing later than anticipated. I think they are caught up now though.
Oh, got ya. I was wondering why the show started a month after just about everything else this season. Makes sense. Shame, I was getting used to two a week! Thank you!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the Konosuba movie is playing near me next week. Does the film concentrate on Megumin?

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
MSG The 08th MS Team Ep. 1-12

I've been sick the last couple of days so I've been able to binge watch a lot recently. Starting off, I remember seeing the last episode, which I happened to catch on Toonami many years ago. Didn't remember the official Gundam title, but the last scene left an impression on younger me. The series seemed like a Gundam take on Romeo and Juliet of sorts but with a happy ending. A nice change of pace from space battles and newtypes. Overall, really well done with a likable cast and decent story.

I'm gonna tackle 0080 War in the Pocket next whenever I have the time and I have a feeling it's going to be a tearjerker based off of a brief synopsis I've read.

Jan 2, 2018
Can someone recommend me some good Slice of Life or Shoujo anime from this year?

I already watched O Maiden In Your Savage Season and really liked it.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

NICE! Can't wait to hear the English dub for my favorite CGDCT show.

Watching dubbed CGDCT?

EnTVjDx.png

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Oresuki episode 6

I feel bad for Asunaro, really I do. Also, that baseball game.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
Stars Align episode 5 has been delayed until noon tomorrow for streaming services (apparently because of sports). Ugh, and after last week's ending too. This has quickly become my AOTS so waiting even an extra day sucks.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I may be late to the party on this one, but Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is back for sale digitally on Amazon here.

The blu-rays are out of print and can be hard to find, also they no longer stream it anywhere, so this may be the only legal, cheap way to watch this now.

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 5

Too lewd for furries. At least Haru and Legrois made great each other with humors, despite that they're both contradiction.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beastars - Ep 5
The subtle animation remains excellent and we get to see and hear more of what Haru is going through. Wonderful character develoment.
We also get to see just how close to the surface both sides' instincts still are and how fragile the balance seems.

I am so glad this adaptation is going so well.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align - 1
This was phenomenal. Great cast of characters, great animation, not really sure how soft tennis is different from regular tennis but sure I'll bite.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Disastrous Life of Saiki K. and Saiki himself seems to never open his mouth. Is he using his telepathy instead?

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Pupa 1–12 [END]: Thanks, phaze. Thanks a lot.

PuPiPo! 1–15 [END]: Decent. These kids acted too mature at times though.

Infinite Stratos II 1: This is about something, and I'm going to find out what this time.
—————
Ranks: 1. England, 2. Germany, 3. Japan (home), 4. France, 5. Japan (away), 6. China

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align episode 5 has been delayed until noon tomorrow for streaming services (apparently because of sports). Ugh, and after last week's ending too. This has quickly become my AOTS so waiting even an extra day sucks.
Ah, I was wondering where it was hiding. At least it's not a major delay.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I realise this has already been addressed by an earlier poster who mentioned that there has been no news yet, but I wanted to add a bit more context.

The sales of the Mob Pyshco II physical media has been very poor. In addition, there's not really enough material left in the manga for a full 3rd season. When considering both these factors together, it seems unlikely that a 3rd season will be produced. This would be a shame, because I think that the majority of the interesting character work happens in this material that has yet to be adapated.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Over-dramatic soft boys play soft Tennis with vaguely gay overtones #5

Wow, they actually talked about the abuse instead of dragging it forever, I'm genuinely shocked.

However, they later confront his father, which is hammy and overdramatic as you can expect, and made worse by the fact the episode doesn't look anywhere as good as the other ones.

The resolution was decently heartwarming though and it was nice to see Soft Tennis Jesus Maki being genuinely vulnerable.

Are the going to do something with the manager or he'll keep just being awkward in background?

Still useless.

Meh.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
But compared to Badminton?
What if multiple characters had parents that were not only as bad as Ayano's mother, but actually much worse? That gives you some idea of what parenting is like in Stars Align. It honestly feels like a Mari Okada show except that that it doesn't realise it's a melodrama.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
The first two episodes of the Magia Record TV anime adaptation will have a pre-screening at AnimeNYC. The trailer also has official subs now (finally).

Better quality video:

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align - 2-5
Manager doesn't really have much to do but I appreciate the fact that theres a gay character and its treated so non-chalantly by the rest of the group. The girl is pretty pointless so far.

Decent episode, bit melodramatic at times (particularly when that one character was talking about being adopted, sheesh), but generally still fun.

Beastars - 5
This show makes an excellent case for CG anime. Theres still issues, particularly the lip synching and it sometimes looks a bit robotic, but for the most part its quite impressive, and I'm interested to see how things will progress as CG becomes for widely used in anime.

Legosi is a great lead. Show is a ton of fun to watch. Still not sold on the bunny character though.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Ok for real: is there any literal difference between the words "seiyuu" and "voice actor"? Because every source I'm looking up says there actually isn't.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm really sad Magical Girl Site still hasn't been licensed.
Normally by now Funi or Sentai Filmworks would've picked up everything they wanted from the previous seasons but its been left unlicensed ;_;
Its one of my favorite shows of the past years and I just wanna own it on bluray.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stars Align 5

Liked the way they dealt with talking about abuse, while disappointed the confrontation was just too dramatic.Well I for one don't think this thing with the dad is done. The scene with the manager being defended was nice. Don't really think adopted kid was very well fleshed out.

I think the cast is just too big. This story would be better served with 24 episodes because I just can't see how all these characters can get some spotlight and have a thread with the main characters and have the two romantic(?) Interests thrown in the mix. Definitely a better episode than last week.

Oct 25, 2017
Stars Align Episode 3 EngDub

Finally an episode that finally connects with me on every level. Probably be my favorite one of the whole show unless we get some real romance between the boys. Have my favorite three characters too and enjoy how competitive they are against our Soft Tennis Prodigy, and compared to the rest they do actually have some sorta skill too. Hoping they end up pairing with each other.
EI5ZoXBWsAAlOPl
EI5hli7WwAAl_f-

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stars Align Episode 3 EngDub

Finally an episode that finally connects with me on every level. Probably be my favorite one of the whole show unless we get some real romance between the boys. Have my favorite three characters too and enjoy how competitive they are against our Soft Tennis Prodigy, and compared to the rest they do actually have some sorta skill too. Hoping they end up pairing with each other.
EI5ZoXBWsAAlOPl
EI5hli7WwAAl_f-

As soon as I heard Tayonaga I was sold on purple hair dude!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot overstate how excited I am for Magia Record. I like the cast much more than the original series, so I ended up pretty invested in what happened to them.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru S3 - 04-05

Good thing we're blessed with 2 episodes a week.

This season feels like a step up, not just from the at times meandering S2 but in general. I'm continuously amazed at the creativity of the storyboarders and/or directors to portray the short moments when players go for the cards. With the last 2 episodes, in particular, I really loved these very quick cuts of basically reaction faces with fantastic smear effects.

The cut is only 5 frames, animated at 1s and therefore lasting roughly a fifth of a second. And damn if it doesn't convey speed and intensity well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.