• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much I want to check out this season.

Also I'm fucking dying at the OP holy fuck

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Everything was panty shots
And so many of them make no sense. I suppose this was about the time where that shit was just being inserted everywhere, I think this season should be better though.

TSR and Fumoffu are also much better about that stuff, though I think they're from a different studio and that's why.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
The original FMP felt kind of rough heh, especially the first half of it, but there is quite a bit that I liked in the second half. The Second Raid has been pretty good so far through.

Everything was panty shots

There was that scene in Ep 6 where Kaname, Kurz, Sousuke are left behind and are trying to plan out on how to make contact with Mithril, when they just threw in some panty shots of Kaname. That felt so awkward, and there were a few of that.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I really liked s1 of FMP, but yeah Fumoffu and especially Second Raid are vastly superior.

Second Raid's opening has one of my favorite openings in an anime.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
And so many of them make no sense. I suppose this was about the time where that shit was just being inserted everywhere, I think this season should be better though.

TSR and Fumoffu are also much better about that stuff, though I think they're from a different studio and that's why.
yup TSR and Fumoffu were Kyoto Animation.
some of their best stuff.
Here's hoping the CG in the new season doesn't look to bad (the original trailer was bad), it's going to be depressing either way that the mechs in the new season will look worse than 10+ year old anime though lol.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Abyss got got, Maid Dragon would too :p

Boy, don't remind me. You see it clearly in other of his manga that this guy has a bunch of fetish since he puts it clearly in there. lol I was surprised to see his other manga with fox on sex or sex themes since I discovered Maid Dragon manga first and after that I got to other of his (there's good ones in there tho)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Pop Team Epic.

I have no idea what the hell is going on but it got a cheap pop out of me for the Skyrim and Chrono Trigger references.

Will consume further entries.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I have bigger issues with Maid Dragon over Abyss. At least in Abyss the show is incredibly grim and depressing so maybe feeling uncomfortable is the intended result. Maid Dragon is just... all sorts of wrong.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
Fist of the Blue Sky: Regenesis Episode 1

I actually think that the character models and art look alright... but the frame rate is making this near unwatchable.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Sieg/Jeanne happening when Astolfo is right there?

Does anyone have any impressions on the new Lupin the 3rd series? It looks cool but I've only ever watched Castle of Cogliostro.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Oh yeah, KyoAni produced Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Man, even they aren't above that shit.
I will watch the new Full Metal Panic and the new Noitamina series which looks pretty fun, I just hope it has some NTR to beef things up.
If you're talking about the josei series...
2P83Q22.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Just finished Guardian of the Sacred Spirit.

Wasn't expecting to like this given how much I disliked the slow pacing of the show early on, but this show is really damn good. Starts off pretty action packed, and then slows down significantly. The show then turns into a somewhat episodic series about the main characters living together, which while disappointing at first given how action packed the first 3 episodes were was a really fun and relaxing experience. About halfway through the show things start building and the end of the show is truly spectacular. As long as you don't go in expecting a high action type of show you will be in for a treat. Show is very relaxing and touches on some really great themes.

Idol Master: episode 1

This was a fun watch. The characters are hilarious. Not much to say since this episode was just an introduction to the characters (btw I really liked how the show handled the introductions with the interview), but I am very much looking forward to watching more.

Outside of that probably will be starting Samurai Champloo sometime tonight.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't expecting to like this given how much I disliked the slow pacing of the show early on, but this show is really damn good. Starts off pretty action packed, and then slows down significantly. The show then turns into a somewhat episodic series about the main characters living together, which while disappointing at first given how action packed the first 3 episodes were was a really fun and relaxing experience. About halfway through the show things start building and the end of the show is truly spectacular. As long as you don't go in expecting a high action type of show you will be in for a treat. Show is very relaxing and touches on some really great themes.
It helps that Balsa is legit one of the best female protagonists ever. I'm inclined to place her even above the Major herself.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It helps that Balsa is legit one of the best female protagonists ever. I'm inclined to place her even above the Major herself.
God I loved Balsa so much. That mother/son type of relationship between her and Chagum was amazing to see.

One thing that I thought was really awesome was how the first half of the show you saw that relationship build and build and then every episode after episode 19 I started hating one of the characters. Couldn't help but feel there were times where Balsa or Chagum where being complete assholes to each other, and then Balsa told her story about Jiguro and it was awesome to see both of them bond over that.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Fate/Extra Last Encore 10 [END]

See you in July, I suppose...? It's not really an ending point, as this is more of a forced split cour. The anime's production turned out to be a real mess.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
K-On! 1

I literally don't remember anything from this first episode. I don't even think I watched the first season. Yet I remember "Don't Say Lazy" so clearly. Oh well, that will make this rewatch a lot more fun.

Hah, now I understand the significance of Azusa's "You're not very good at all, aren't you?". That was a nice call back.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Omamori Himari ep.11-END
Not enough harem hijinks and/or in-fighting to be a stupid fun harem show. I wouldn't bother with thr plot, characters or story bevause it was all shiiiiiiit and I wouldn't waste anyone's time...

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Glad to see Balsa and Moribito get love. This cartoon was so damn amazing. I am watching 13 Kingdoms and it is very close to Moribito but less detailed in terms of art.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
8IekIjJ.png

Following up on the initial announcement, Crunchyroll revealed simulcast launch details for Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These. The series starts on April 3 at 6:00am Pacific Time for Crunchyroll members in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and Central and South America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...actic-heroes-die-neue-these-simulcast-details

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Osomatsu-san S2 25 (END)

Seeing the Season 1 bishounen version of the Osomatsus in hell was hilarious. All the callbacks were fantastic. This season couldn't have ended any better than this. Perfect after that last serious episode. I'm going to miss these 6 idiots and do hope we get a Season 3 eventually.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see what Pierrot will pick after it since they practically reinvented and rebooted the series after all those years with such popularity. I still need to see Osomatsu-san

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

That is a fucking fantastic show. I wish they'd adapt the other novels or at least translate them. I want more Balsa.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Parasite ep.13-14
Oh, fuck off Shinichi "human this, human that. You are already dead and you've lost your humanity to boot. This is kinda getting stupid now..

I hope his ex-girlie kills him in the end..

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Cuz lafiel is a dirtbag.

He'd just want it in everything i suppose?
Currently half-way through Fumoffu and it has a shine to it that the Gonzo anime did not and it's pretty fun. I have grown attached to the dub now so i hope they'll bring back the old cast. I suppose the domestic terrorism at schools will need to be toned down if those sequences are still gonna be relevant the further i go.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis 01

Well that was a giant turd. everything looked like it was running at 20 frames a second and the voice work sounds awful

Oct 25, 2017
Captain Tsubasa sure looked quite ugly. Don't wanna know how badly the matches will end looking. Though using the old Captain Tsubasa opening as ed song is a neat idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.