• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, clearly a white blood cell will quickly knife you.

Summer is gonna be... interesting, haha

whitebloodcell.jpg

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Neue LoGH 04

I actually am enjoying this at this point. Most of the Yang backstory and El Facil were shuttered off to the side stories in the original OVA, so seeing them in the main story now is a welcome change. Sure, some of the scenes like the mock battle were a bit shallow with the tactics and the supposed brilliant rival, but the overall fact that this is a re-adaptation instead of a remake really keeps me watching. Also pretty interested in reading the novels themselves now.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuka was BAAAAD The anime was just terrible, especially when both the MC and "heroine" are terrible. Oh and that terrible fu(king ending.... What a complete nonsensicle $hitshow that was....

Oh damn, now I'm super curious. The only anime that made me feel that kind of rage was White Album 2.

If you're never gonna get into those series, I'd be happy to spoil you about the sheer ridiculousness.

Hell yeah, please do lol. Only thing I know is that Fuuka is a sequel to Kimi no Iru Machi.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah, please do lol. Only thing I know is that Fuuka is a sequel to Kimi no Iru Machi.
Okay here you go.

First you have Suzuka, which starts as a romcom with track running as the background motivation for the characters.
After a relationship rollercoaster, the main character gets the titular girl pregnant and they drop out of university.
Now that's not a terrible end in itself, if a bit disappointing, but keep in mind that they had a child named Fuuka.

Then you have Kimi no Iru Machi. The two main killers here are as follows: The main girl first gets into a long distance relationship with the main character, only to flip and tell him she's with someone else (also a friend of the main character) who had to die before the main character was even considered. Then the main character temporarily hooks up with the best girl of the manga only to break up with her out of nowhere to get back with the main girl. Note that at this point most people loathed the main girl for her character and the author clumsily tried to redeem her.
The breakup in particular is still getting shared as an example of SEOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It was probably THE Seo moment.

Now, enter Fuuka. If you've paid attention, that's the daughter of the Suzuka pair.
Shortly after the main character gets together with her, she gets a visit by our friendly neighborhood truck-kun and FUCKING DIES. That's right, he just killed the main girl and the daughter of previous main characters from a past work, putting a dark shadow over Suzuka's ending.
Then he fucking adds another girl named Fuuka, and also a girl that looks exactly like Fuuka but is an impersonator, and fuck I don't know I stopped reading by that point.

I am now free of Seo Kouji's clutches. Also if I read that right, Fuuka wasn't truck'd in the anime adaptation for some reason.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay here you go.

First you have Suzuka, which starts as a romcom with track running as the background motivation for the characters.
After a relationship rollercoaster, the main character gets the titular girl pregnant and they drop out of university.
Now that's not a terrible end in itself, if a bit disappointing, but keep in mind that they had a child named Fuuka.

Then you have Kimi no Iru Machi. The two main killers here are as follows: The main girl first gets into a long distance relationship with the main character, only to flip and tell him she's with someone else (also a friend of the main character) who had to die before the main character was even considered. Then the main character temporarily hooks up with the best girl of the manga only to break up with her out of nowhere to get back with the main girl. Note that at this point most people loathed the main girl for her character and the author clumsily tried to redeem her.
The breakup in particular is still getting shared as an example of SEOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It was probably THE Seo moment.

Now, enter Fuuka. If you've paid attention, that's the daughter of the Suzuka pair.
Shortly after the main character gets together with her, she gets a visit by our friendly neighborhood truck-kun and FUCKING DIES. That's right, he just killed the main girl and the daughter of previous main characters from a past work, putting a dark shadow over Suzuka's ending.
Then he fucking adds another girl named Fuuka, and also a girl that looks exactly like Fuuka but is an impersonator, and fuck I don't know I stopped reading by that point.

I am now free of Seo Kouji's clutches. Also if I read that right, Fuuka wasn't truck'd in the anime adaptation for some reason.

I've never read any of this but this was sill an interesting post lol.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Okay here you go.

Holy shit, that's horrible lmao. I can't imagine what Fuuka was like for long time fans of this guys work. These sound horrible even if you binged the entire thing in a week so I can't imagine what it was like following it monthly over a decade or so. Geez.

Some authors just hate their fans lol.

Are y'all tuning in for his new series this summer? :P

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Holy shit, that's horrible lmao. I can't imagine what Fuuka was like for long time fans of this guys work. These sound horrible even if you binged the entire thing in a week so I can't imagine what it was like following it monthly over a decade or so. Geez.

Some authors just hate their fans lol.

Are y'all tuning in for his new series this summer? :P

I never read the manga, but I later heard what should have happened in the anime and it made me hate the anime even more.... so friggen bad!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
If we ever come in contact with aliens/magical creatures that don't appear to be at least 90% human, it's important we risk extinction/enslavement by telling them to fuck off.

Vitally important.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I'm sure some of these monster girls have really nice personalities.

If we ever come in contact with aliens/magical creatures that don't appear to be at least 90% human, it's important we risk extinction/enslavement by telling them to fuck off.

Vitally important.

Facts. Otherwise, they're welcome to colonize us.

I never read the manga, but I later heard what should have happened in the anime and it made me hate the anime even more.... so friggen bad!

I'm surprised the anime was that infuriating considering how much story is left after that twist. I'm kind of curious just how bad it was now >_>

Last edited:

Lonely

Oct 25, 2017

Always appreciate more Anime films getting some form of release over here, especially something as exciting as Penguin Highway.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seo Kouji mangas are good actually. Yeah he loves to put his characters' relationships through the wringer and throws in the most rage-inducing twists out of the blue from time to time, but that's part of what makes them such a fun ride lol.

The anime adaptations of his works, on the other hand, are pretty mediocre all round.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Sitens;Gate 0 Episode 3:

Well, this episode was about as engaging and compelling as some Christmas parties I have been to, which is to say not at all.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
手袋パパ: ∞戦争

It was fun. Didn't really feel like the whole universe were at stake though. A surprise return of a character seen previous, but with a new actor. Seems like they wanted people to feel slight sad for サノス at one point, but I didn't. Not sure I felt that much for some other characters either. Will watch the sequel anyway.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last Period 3

Honestly, I wish the Higurashi characters got to do more. Best-girl-of-all-time-forever Satoko didn't even get any lines. In fact, none of them did outside of Rika. If I was a cynic, I'd say the show's creators were skimping out on bringing in seiyuu who aren't already voicing Choco. And being a cynic is the whole point of this show so yeah that's probably why.

Still, a fairly entertaining episode. The bit at the start where they treat the dreaded "yen" as an illicit underworld currency to be traded on the black market was pretty on-point, lol. Pity our protagonists didn't get to actually put that yen to use pulling any new dud summons this week.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 55

Alice in Wonderland episode! You know, for all that Japan loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, that novel has got to be a massive bitch to translate into basically any language. I kind of want to read it in Japanese now just to see how the heck they handled even half of the linguistic nonsense.

Best part of the episode was probably at the very beginning, with Sakura becoming perhaps the first person in the world to read about Alice's struggles and think "relatable". I guess Drink Me and Eat Me aren't such fantastic notions when you already went through the ordeal of capturing Clow Cards with the exact same effects. Seeing all the regular characters translated into Wonderland identities was pretty fun too, though, particularly with the SyaoranTweedles giving oblivious Sakura massive hints as to the identity of his crush. Gee, who could it possibly be?

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura 56

It's the good guys' first ever encounter with Spinel! The first clash between the protagonists and one of the arc's three main villains… What kind of incredible drama is this turn of events going to bring?!

...Oh, Kero gets Spinel blind drunk on sweets and Sakura doesn't even believe him when he tries to tell her about it? Okay then.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty touchy subject but it kinda brings to light somethings that I felt that Japan had problems with people's behavior around mental illness.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2018-04-25/.130677

It's really unfortunate how underdeveloped mental healthcare is over there. Interesting observation how psychotherapists are virtually non-existent in anime. It doesn't come at a surprise at all, but is still something I never took note of because I wasn't looking for it.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay here you go.

Eba is much better than that one girl who I don't even remember the name anymore. Also, she was waaaaaaay more popular than the other girls in that manga. lol

And Suzuka/KNIM are good. KNIM should end more soon and cut some arcs tho

Oh damn, now I'm super curious. The only anime that made me feel that kind of rage was White Album 2.

Fuuka is a sequel to Suzuka, not Kimi no Iru Machi. All of the three are in the same continuity and characters appears in each manga as cameo.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Megalo Box 3.
Still just really good

Cutie Honey Universe 3
Continues to be interesting in regards to the grand scheme of things. Episode itself was alright

Captain Tsubasa 4
Good episode. Really enjoyable new adaptation even if nostalgia definitely plays a big part.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Steins Gate 0 3
Slow episode, but Maho made up for it in the end. Not feeling Mayuri friends like I am doing with Maho or even the weird professor.

Oct 25, 2017
Death Parade 5

I can understand why, when the decision to expand Death Billiards into a TV series was made, it was decided to focus on the arbiter system. Focusing on episodic judgments alone has the obvious problem of getting repetitive quickly. Still, I can't say the larger hierarchy revealed here interests me that much. As a portrayal of the afterlife, it's pretty boring.

Fantastic character designs and animation though. I hope Shinichi Kurita gets more chances to create character designs. I guess he did that FF XV Brotherhood short series, but that didn't turn out so well.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Death Parade 5

I can understand why, when the decision to expand Death Billiards into a TV series was made, it was decided to focus on the arbiter system. Focusing on episodic judgments alone has the obvious problem of getting repetitive quickly. Still, I can't say the larger hierarchy revealed here interests me that much. As a portrayal of the afterlife, it's pretty boring.

Fantastic character designs and animation though. I hope Shinichi Kurita gets more chances to create character designs. I guess he did that FF XV Brotherhood short series, but that didn't turn out so well.
It's not "the afterlife" though. It's limbo where it is decided whether you go to heaven or hell

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodivores Chinese comic got licensed here,m praying TOKYOPOP does the same for Evil or Live. We need more of these to get the love, and maybe Spiritpact too, all their animes make me want more chinese comics in America.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's finally out and it's extremely interesting.
And everyone will be eaten except Ichigo, he has good taste. lol

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Rascal Raccoon

Really sad this series had to end. You will not find that level of realism and dramatisation in modern anime. Watching Kyoto Ani and Makoto Shinkai or even the newer Ghibili movies simply can not compare. Straight out theatrical dramatization. Having read the book, series expands the world of the book, based on real locations of Wisconsin, especially Edgerton and to a lesser extent Milwaukee. Natural research was detailed too. Animal animation was very detailed. The fights between Rascal and Poe especially. Natural backgrounds as well. Instead of digitizing real photographs, they painted forests and lakes anew. It is only natural that very few series can ve produced that way.
German dub, cheaply available on DVD, was better than the Japanese, since they added extra dialog for better flow, just like Heidi. Music is different, but in the end it works well too, not being as emotional as the original by T.Watanabe. I personally liked it.
Of all the anime that take place in North America and are based on literature, I think this may be the best. It deserves an English dub.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Steins Gate:0 3

Story really went nowhere in this one outside of what was obvious to come.

As an aside did anybody else notice the bust increase in Mayuri or was it always like that? It's been bothering me since ep 1.

Her new outfit kinda makes her look like she's about burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.