• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Steins;Gate 0 ep.3
Poor Okabe, his life truly is suffering.... Poor Mayuri as well, she just keeps to herself, but she's hurting as well. I wonder how she feels about hearing Christina's voice? Maho isn't as bad as s character as I initially thought.... Okabe needs to lean on her more.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Steins Gate:0 3

Story really went nowhere in this one outside of what was obvious to come.

As an aside did anybody else notice the bust increase in Mayuri or was it always like that? It's been bothering me since ep 1.

Her new outfit kinda makes her look like she's about burst.
It is the coat. She looks the same without it.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So the wife and I have been watching Cardcaptor Sakura (she never watched it) and we're almost at the point where the first movie takes place. Should we watch it?

Also, same question for movie 2 I guess. I heard that Clear Card kind of overwrites it? And what other CLAMP series should we watch afterwards? I've only ever seen CCS. I've heard good things about Rayearth, XXXholic and Tsubasa Chronicles. Only watching right now but also open to reading source material later!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Steins;Gate 0 3
Sad Okabe making a come back just in time for Christmas. Actually surprised at how quickly they made it to the Christmas party, meaning they are making some decent changes to the structure of the narrative in the anime adaptation. Not that it's a bad thing, just something I noticed. Actually makes me more interested the structure of the show moving forward.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars S3 15

Oooh that ending. I assumed he was going to be part of Central cause the opening but this is still great.

Persona 5 Animation 3

In awe of how bad the fight scenes look. Don't try and copy the game if it you can't do it justice. The All Out Attack was awful. My friends that I've been watching this with have checked out.

Darling in the FranXX 15

This show is actually just amazing, sorry everyone. I'm hoping this love triangle BS doesn't pop up anymore. Ending was a complete wtf moment but still as curious as ever.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
So the wife and I have been watching Cardcaptor Sakura (she never watched it) and we're almost at the point where the first movie takes place. Should we watch it?

Also, same question for movie 2 I guess. I heard that Clear Card kind of overwrites it? And what other CLAMP series should we watch afterwards? I've only ever seen CCS. I've heard good things about Rayearth, XXXholic and Tsubasa Chronicles. Only watching right now but also open to reading source material later!
Neither movie is really of any importance...and honestly they make very little sense in the larger picture of CCS. The first movie has the benefit of taking place in Hong Kong, so it does feel like a very different thing that tries to justify its existence as a full length feature film. The second movie is kind of horrible. It's a slow and tedious affair that repeats a lot of the ideas you'd find in a normal TV episode. It hardly makes any sense if you think about it for longer than two seconds but does inform Clear Card at least partially. You can try watching them if you feel like it but you're not going to be super lost or something if you skip them.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
手袋パパ: ∞戦争

It was fun. Didn't really feel like the whole universe were at stake though. A surprise return of a character seen previous, but with a new actor. Seems like they wanted people to feel slight sad for サノス at one point, but I didn't. Not sure I felt that much for some other characters either. Will watch the sequel anyway.

Can you please use romaji at least? I don't know what your reasoning is for not but it comes off like you're trying to impress when really it just makes it more difficult for members that don't read Japanese to participate in the conversation.

Oct 25, 2017
Nandaka Velonica 1-10

This is overall a fairly pedestrian children's show. I don't have a problem with shows aimed at a very young audience, of course, but there's not quite as much here to keep me engaged as there is in, say, Nyanbo. However, the visual design is pleasant, and there are some great expressions and strong animation in the OP and a couple of the episodes, and it's worth watching just for that.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Magical Index S2 ep.16
Another arc ends with our boy saving thd day against religious lunatics trying to destroy other faiths. Looks like he is going to get really hurt in the next arc though being named "an enemy of God" and all...

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Neither movie is really of any importance...and honestly they make very little sense in the larger picture of CCS. The first movie has the benefit of taking place in Hong Kong, so it does feel like a very different thing that tries to justify its existence as a full length feature film. The second movie is kind of horrible. It's a slow and tedious affair that repeats a lot of the ideas you'd find in a normal TV episode. It hardly makes any sense if you think about it for longer than two seconds but does inform Clear Card at least partially. You can try watching them if you feel like it but you're not going to be super lost or something if you skip them.

Thanks! We did end up watching the first movie and it was decent enough. I'm always in for expanded-universe type stuff.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished all of Dragon Maid today. Overall, it was a fun series but I was really uncomfortable with the creepy way they showed Saikawa getting excited whenever Kanna did something. They made that little kid look way too perverted. I also didn't think Kobayashi was interesting. She's a nice person but I wish she could be more appreciative of Tohru. Even during the last episode, she could've done way more than she did. Oh well.

Still, it was nice watching the adventures of Kanna and her two moms.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone have any hot tips on how to join secret society blanket

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
Hinamatsuri 3

Who was campaigning to erase all the men from this show and why do they hate awesome hobos?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw a bit older article of ANN about anime and budget and I thought that it was interesting to share here since I see many people still believing that animation is more about budget than other factors. So yeah, it's pretty interesting and informative.

"A lot of people have this common misconception that the quality of the actual animation is based on the production's budget. But in Japan, the TV production world, especially when it comes to anime, generally they all have the same budget. There are really rare situations where some have a little less and some tend to have a little bit more, but nothing that is very drastic. So, in reality, it is based on the staff."

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-12-27/.125478

Finally finished all of Dragon Maid today. Overall, it was a fun series but I was really uncomfortable with the creepy way they showed Saikawa getting excited whenever Kanna did something. They made that little kid look way too perverted. I also didn't think Kobayashi was interesting. She's a nice person but I wish she could be more appreciative of Tohru. Even during the last episode, she could've done way more than she did. Oh well.

Still, it was nice watching the adventures of Kanna and her two moms.

Well, it's more that Cool Kyou-Shina did it than Kyoani (he's the author and creator of the manga). They just adapted those parts. If you read his other manga, you'll understand how those things happens with some being more prominent and others less.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
that's alright fall is beginning here in australia, perfect chance to present my blanket credentials

actually i was kind of cold last night so i should probably legit go get a doona or something

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
FALL I MEANT AUTUMN

fuck i've been hanging around with too many yanks

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Shokugeki 15
These advancement exams feel pointless at best and outright stupid at worst. I get the story reasons for why the rebels are being driven out but the optics of a cooking school doing all thy can to get rid of their most talented students is just such a terrible plot point (although terrible plot points are par for the course at this point). But hopefully the rematch next week will be hype enough to pick things back up a bit.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
So i was watching a transformation scene from Attack on Titan and i noticed an animation mistake.

At around 1:40ish Mikasa slashes Reiner on a vertical angle presumably slashing his right hand clean off (it's offscreen but noticable while he's falling), then Mikasa darts at Berthold and slashes/downs him and is about to deliver a finishing blow but is interrupted by a Tackle from Reiner.

The tackle occurs around at 1:56 and you see that Reiner has magically regrown his right hand, only to have dissapear again seconds later in the actual transformation scene.

I guess they forgot to animate the tackle with the cutoff right hand lol, i love finding little errors like that.

(oh and srry if this is well known, i didnt find anything about it)

Last edited:

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Can you please use romaji at least? I don't know what your reasoning is for not but it comes off like you're trying to impress when really it just makes it more difficult for members that don't read Japanese to participate in the conversation.

It's something some of us do when posting about non-anime stuff here.

And kanji because グローブ can mean both globe and glove :P

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
*snip* transformation scene from Attack on Titan and i noticed an animation mistake. *snip*

[

Ain't that a bit spoilery, even if many people here have either already seen AoT or aren't particularly interested (though, there's always a large number of lurkers, so I'd be more careful with one of the series' biggest reveals).

But yeh, it's an animation error that got fixed in the blu ray version. Am sure you can find that on youtube and see for yourself.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw a bit older article of ANN about anime and budget and I thought that it was interesting to share here since I see many people still believing that animation is more about budget than other factors. So yeah, it's pretty interesting and informative.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-12-27/.125478

Well, it's more that Cool Kyou-Shina did it than Kyoani (he's the author and creator of the manga). They just adapted those parts. If you read his other manga, you'll understand how those things happens with some being more prominent and others less.
Reminds me of this gem

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Ain't that a bit spoilery, even if many people here have either already seen AoT or aren't particularly interested (though, there's always a large number of lurkers, so I'd be more careful with one of the series' biggest reveals).

But yeh, it's an animation error that got fixed in the blu ray version. Am sure you can find that on youtube and see for yourself.

Shit you're right, i just assumed since this a anime thread and that since that ep is nearly a year old that it was fair game.

At least i learned how to use the spoiler tag thing XD.

And i saw the blue ray version and it was indeed fixed, i'm glad they caught i really couldn't find it anywhere when i searched for it lol.

Last edited:

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
He was just making up a silly jp title for avengers infinity war (Glove papa: infinity war is what it translates to)

Oct 25, 2017
He was just making up a silly jp title for avengers infinity war (Glove papa: infinity war is what it translates to)
That reminds me of this weeks jeopardy (america game show) on the foreign titles for western movies
Most memorable was : This 2010 film played in Japan with a title meaning "Mysterious Thief Gru's Moon Theft"

and

In 2017 Edgar Wright tweeted that in China, this film he directed is called "Extreme Bandit Car God"

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Tada-kun 04

Although it progressed a bit more than the last episode it's still not enough imo. It's disappointing because in the more serious moments you can tell it has bigger potential.
I still enjoy the comedy as well of course but just a bit disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
Neo New Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 1 (engDub)

Finally can start watching. Pretty good on most fronts, did feel in most of these strategy type of things they make the opposing forces dumb and do things that seem to be a bit ridiculous, (the opposing commander ignoring his subordinate who kept making logical points to consider).

I hope Kircheis stays relevant I cant get enough of having Reinhard smiling and looking at him longingly and wish they did have an anime scene of them just enjoying wine together was a fun way to not make Reinhard just seem super godly and untouchable as some shows have done with people who are elite commanders and strategists.
DbtGmICVQAImntn.jpg:small
DbtGmHxVMAAbSpb.jpg:small

Fav funi va voicing Reinhard makes him an instant favorite this season. Good looks.

I always wondered how places are getting the funds to have so many ships, thats like trillions of dollars gone in mere seconds. Hope we get some WMD going on at some point and not just laser beams.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Tada Doesn't Fall in Love Episode 4:

Yea, I am just not feeling this program and it doesn't have a higher motivating factor that keeps me from dropping unlike some other programs this season (Lupin and Honey) and maybe I will pick it back up if it actually gets funny or interesting but for now I lay this to rest.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Interesting that we're getting a lot of Yuri anime as of recently and now ones that aren't aggressive like Citrus. Are there any good BL series that should come out? I have limit knowledge with that genre.
Eh, from what I have heard it's not the healthiest relationship (at least where the manga is currently).

Heh, it's interesting to see Jukki Hanada work on an actual yuri series after the whole Sound! Euphonium debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.