• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully something good comes out of this and aniyoutuber videos are banned.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

"This thread is closed due to the content of the show. Whether it's 2 minutes of "questionable content" or 2 hours, it's inappropriate to be discussed here. We will be reviewing this thread to see if action needs to be taken against any accounts for violating our prohibition against defending or promoting content that sexualizes minors."

a flurry of 1 month bans in that thread now....

As I said when we moved here; be VERY careful about what you choose to post about and how it is presented....

Oct 28, 2017
yeah i don't think the anime itself is banned, you can talk about it. you just don't have to try to defend those 2 minutes

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are amazing non problematic shows people could post about rather than questionable ones like Made in Abyss. BLack Clover is one such anime.

Ehhhh.

giphy.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always amazed how committed DTL is to capitalizing the "BL" in Black Clover.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Right, to play this game, Asta has been sexually harassing a nun for years and part of his gimmick, it is mild sure, but not without problems.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"This thread is closed due to the content of the show. Whether it's 2 minutes of "questionable content" or 2 hours, it's inappropriate to be discussed here. We will be reviewing this thread to see if action needs to be taken against any accounts for violating our prohibition against defending or promoting content that sexualizes minors."

As I said when we moved here; be VERY careful about what you choose to post about and how it is presented....

Yeah, I saw it after I posted it.

And oh, I'm always careful about what I post here in resetera since I don't want to even get an warning in those discussions in any matter hehehe

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are amazing non problematic shows people could post about rather than questionable ones like Made in Abyss. BLack Clover is one such anime.
Man I'll fight the fight any day if it's the Black Clover manga but for the anime, no. I ain't fighting for that shit.

I'm always amazed how committed DTL is to capitalizing the "BL" in Black Clover.
Thank god I'm not alone in noticing this. Every time lmao

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Didn't make it past the Midway point of the first episode of Black Clover.

Let's just steer people to A Place Further Than The Universe and Yuru Camp instead. Penguins and camping are #safe

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

LMFAO. 1+1 $hit right there!

I don't like the yelling in Black Clover, Asta is too much for me.
Natsu is mild compared to him.
But all of the screaming in Black Clover is problematic.
It's not nearly as bad as when the show first started, but yeah, he still does yell once in awhile...

Has the pacing in Black Clover gotten better? Dropped it around ep 16.
No, they still drag out each encounter.....

Right, to play this game, Asta has been sexually harassing a nun for years and part of his gimmick, it is mild sure, but not without problems.
Asking her to marry him is not sexual harassment. Besides, each time he asked her, she beat the ever living crap outta him, so....

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol man come on...

Has the pacing in Black Clover gotten better? Dropped it around ep 16.
Pacing's at a normal 2+ chapter/episode now. It's still a Studio Pierrot adaptation though...
If you somehow made it through 16 episodes, just go ahead and watch the rest. But I'd recommend the manga instead.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Viz Media has it in America.

Viz Media also has it in europe.

Perhaps CR will also get it late since ep1 aired already.
Thanks, didn't even know they streaming service of their own.

Violet Evergarden 07

And I don't feel a thing ... As far as attempts to tug at my hearstrings go, this one was one of the more laughable ones as of late, awfully transparent and cliche'd and with no time to let things breathe to boot.

Violet Evergarden 08
This was pretty alright. Maybe cause it's not another farfetched letter story but plain filling of the blanks on Violet's past and her finally finding out about shousa. (Slowpoke much ?)

Violet Evergarden 08
When Violet started talking about her being on fire or whether she had a right to live, it just left me wholly bamboozled. Been watching this very irregularly but I'm pretty sure the show never, not even here, delved in depth into neither her war deeds nor any kind of toil/torment/remorse or even realization she might be carrying since that time. The issue was pretty much non-existent for her as I see it so to see it sprang up now from nowhere doesn't seem to me like good writing.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much of anything about horse racing. What's with the idol concert after the races in Uma Musume? Just an animeism?

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
yeah i don't think the anime itself is banned, you can talk about it. you just don't have to try to defend those 2 minutes

From what I gather (I also PMed the mod cause I didnt want to get banned), you're not supposed to talk about it at all, but you'll only get a ban if you are defending/dismissing the questionable content. Simply saying "oh yeah I like that show".

Still I'd probably shy away from discussing the next manga chapter or season when they come out.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece Episode 830

Okay for once I was into the musical number for this episode, Im surprised they keep adding them to the anime, it has made cake island big mom arc feel a bit special in someways. Still think a few parts dragged and that it kind of became detrimental for Sanji's character as it lasted too long and we've not see a few other characters (Zoro is doing what again), but Im liking this new plan.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
For all the slagging i gave 5ds over the years, it kinda had some consistent rule-set with the bike stuff.

Arc-V straight up encourages cheating. Atem rolling in his grave,

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there not going to be a SOUTEN NO KEN official thread?

Watched the first episode and the CG is bad... Like maybe even worse than BERSERK. It looks slower and BERSERK is at least a mix of traditional animation with CG. This is all CG. That said, SOUTEN NO KEN is awesome so I enjoyed seeing these massive men being violent. Btw, I really hope they don't tone down the gore because it's CG. That was kind of lacking in this episode.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Is there not going to be a SOUTEN NO KEN official thread?

Watched the first episode and the CG is bad... Like maybe even worse than BERSERK. It looks slower and BERSERK is at least a mix of traditional animation with CG. This is all CG. That said, SOUTEN NO KEN is awesome so I enjoyed seeing these massive men being violent. Btw, I really hope they don't tone down the gore because it's CG. That was kind of lacking in this episode.

Probably not but you're free to make one. Don't think it'll gain too much traction given how unfortunately cartoonish the violence was.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Guys, just remember: no lewd/creepy talk and you're fine. You can talk about pretty much any series you like, just don't get caught defending the sexualization of minors. It's really not that hard. You all are generally pretty good about that in here, I haven't really noticed this as an issue. Hell, I haven't had to issue a single warning or ban an AnimeOT. It's more the Etc threads where this has become an issue for whatever reason.

Talk about whatever show you want to, just keep that creepy shit out of it and don't go defending it when it comes up. If anything gets banned outright I'll be making an announcement in here to let you all know.

Exactly.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Guys, just remember: no lewd/creepy talk and you're fine. You can talk about pretty much any series you like, just don't get caught defending the sexualization of minors. It's really not that hard. You all are generally pretty good about that in here, I haven't really noticed this as an issue. Hell, I haven't had to issue a single warning or ban an AnimeOT. It's more the Etc threads where this has become an issue for whatever reason.

Talk about whatever show you want to, just keep that creepy shit out of it and don't go defending it when it comes up.

Exactly.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think fist of the blue sky looks bad enough to be funny or good enough to be passable. I need at least Mortal Kombat 4 cutscene quality

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation!
Just keep in mind, if that shit comes up then the hammer will come down and come down hard.

Actually, if you all wouldn't mind working the "no lewd/creepy sex stuff" rule into the OTs going forward that'd be a huge help.

EDIT: Oh, it's already in there. Cool.

Just keep liking the shows I like and we can keep it going.
Huh, I forgot you were in here too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.