• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai 01

YHUXEKl.gif

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Carole and Tuesday 01

Real strong start that combines two of Watanabe's passions.
I like the design of the future city: The fancy part is realistically fancy, and the grimy part is realistically grimy.
I also dug the subtle implication that automation has taken over everyone's jobs including in the entertainment industry, but everyone hates having to deal with machines so they still have to hire human people.
With how well the singing is performed in English and the western artists attached to the OST this definitely feels likes its geared towards an international audience, which makes Netflix's continued insistence that they wait to release this in America when English dub is finished all the more baffling.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Carole and Tuesday 1

This was nice and brimming with potential. Kind of wish I could see this in English already.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Sarazanmai 01

Yep, I am FUCKING IN OH MY GOD THAT ANIMATION AND THE UNASHAMED QUEERNESS OF IT AND THE STYLISATION

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
You can really see those who have experienced Ikuhara animes before, from those who haven't. Will say, this episode most likley has the highest anus count from any series Ikuhara has directed.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Wacky TV Na na na Season 2 01

A Donald Trump looking banana doing a hostile takeover of a TV station? Surprisingly accurate satire of the state of the American media.

Also in between this and Sarazanmai, this is a notable season for Amazon parodies.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 01

This was damn good. looks amazing. sucks that this wont be on Netflix for a while. hopefully the dub is amazing.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Zero 1-11

Oh my god this show is amazing. Thank GOD I don't have to wait a week for each episode... at least, for the first season.

The sound effect when Subaru killed himself was some nightmare fuel.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Sarazanmai 1

Oh boy, only Ikuhara can out-Ikuhara himself. I'll definitely need to rewatch this get deeper into some of the hidden meanings. Going off of previous Ikuhara shows, I can probably infer the structure the next few episodes are going to take. I think we're in for something special alright.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Re:Zero 13
Ahahaha! Wouldn't it be great if you could just die and restart that day, Subaru? Groundhog Day: the anime is going as I figured it would.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This manga is quite good. Nice to see it adapted after so many years. I hope it's 24 episodes tho as if it's just 12, it'll be very rushed as there's more than 100 chapters

It's a seinen manga from Grand Jump by Kei Toume and in my opinion, her best work between the ones I have read.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I don't know if people already posted it here but here's the instagram of Carole & Tuesday lol

https://www.instagram.com/carole_and_tuesday/

Such a cool idea, they probably will update during the series. And I still wonder how the fuck the producers were able to get instagram on the anime.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was fanmade. YoriMoi two years ago also had unofficial accounts with the handles that showed up in the anime

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
SECRET IKUHARA SHAME: I've never finished Utena. maybe it's finally time
I haven't finished it either. Been slowly watching it with a friend, but the amount of stalling for time and reused scenes in each episode keep us from watching more than 1-2 episodes when we get together.

we left off at the end of episode 12 or 13.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I know I've definitely seen some as a kid because I recognize stuff from it, but I've never sat down and done it front to back. If others are down I'd join y'all and get it done

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho S2: 6-13
Eps 6-7: This was such a great exploration of Reigen's character. I wouldn't say he is a good person, but at the same time I see why Mob sticks up for him. He had the right words for Mob when it counted. At the same time it shows Mob's character growth, as he doesn't have to take Reigen's crap anymore.

I have never watched a TV anime show so consistent and incredible in its animation from beginning to end. Just wow. The final arc, while good, is unfortunately kind of anticlimatic. The show peaks early, with Mogami arc and Reigen arc being the best.

GeGeGe no Kitaro: 47-49
The conclusion to the Nameless mystery, it is a story where events spiral out of control so terribly and so fast that the entire thing hits you like a ton of bricks.

Firstly, social media being weaponized by Nameless is brilliant. As always, this show takes great advantage of the whole yokai in the 21st century premise, and does so with unflinching cynicism. Nameless here, by the way, is a really well written villain, and the final episode provides an empathetic perspective to this vile creature that I thought was well justified. At the forefront of this arc is Mana's relationship with yokais, as her relationship with them is questioned and put through the absolute wringer. Like, all I can say is, poor Mana. I thought what the writer did was pretty bold, and provided some of the most gut wrenching moments in the entire show.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Everything about Sarazanmai is perfect.
The Japanese are just so far ahead of the rest of the world, it's not even a fair competition anymore.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai #1

I know about Kappa (they're the worst yokai), I know that they steal the shirikodama from your ass but I never would thought that Ikuhara would make an anime with so many butthole symbolism and visuals hahaha It's my first Ikuhara anime and I loved it.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Everything about Sarazanmai is perfect.
The Japanese are just so far ahead of the rest of the world, it's not even a fair competition anymore.
David Lynch? There are also some surreal as fuck indie films on the internet so I don't really agree with your blanket statement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.