• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Sarazanmai 1

This is absolutely bonkers but I laughed a lot and it looks really good, so between this and Demon Slayer I've got a few shows to look forward to now that Mob and Kaguya San have ended.

Sarazanmai #1

I know about Kappa (they're the worst yokai), I know that they steal the shirikodama from your ass but I never would thought that Ikuhara would make an anime with so many butthole symbolism and visuals hahaha It's my first Ikuhara anime and I loved it.
Funny thing is his past works weren't this out there, at least in terms of body invasions.

utena-gif-10.gif

DL-tHQ9UEAAFxbR.jpg

DL-ukORV4AAQUKJ.jpg

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Re:Zero 14
Did he just fail to register the dead bodies as he walked around the village?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Re:Zero 15
*sigh* and this is what happens when you build something up as "THE MOST SHOCKING OMG". It was good. Budget Zant is a nice addition to the cast Nice to see the Witch is just a giant cat. But really, for me, it's another case of how do we solve this puzzle through time repeats. So no, I didn't find it the most shocking, not unless those deaths stick.

And no, Rem is not best girl. We may have nicely glossed over the fact that she tortured a man to death but I didn't forget. The fact that she's now living for Subaru is kind of terrible writing. Did we just conveniently forget Ram all of this? Perhaps I'm being picky but I'm in a foul mood this week and I don't feel like being generous. I like Rem but she would be infinitely better if she were not in love with Subaru simply for harem reasons.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* and this is what happens when you build something up as "THE MOST SHOCKING OMG". It was good. Budget Zant is a nice addition to the cast Nice to see the Witch is just a giant cat. But really, for me, it's another case of how do we solve this puzzle through time repeats. So no, I didn't find it the most shocking, not unless those deaths stick.

And no, Rem is not best girl. We may have nicely glossed over the fact that she tortured a man to death but I didn't forget. The fact that she's now living for Subaru is kind of terrible writing. Did we just conveniently forget Ram all of this? Perhaps I'm being picky but I'm in a foul mood this week and I don't feel like being generous. I like Rem but she would be infinitely better if she were not in love with Subaru simply for harem reasons.
Rem is not a great character and the fanbase frenzy over her almost soured me on the show as a whole

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Rem is not a great character and the fanbase frenzy over her almost soured me on the show as a whole
She's OK. But she's getting s worse with every episode. At least Subaru has the promise of character growth. I don't see Rem doing anything of the kind if the writing trends for her continue as they are.

Re:Zero 16
A giant whale! Now we're talking!

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact Senko San has a POV self insert segment after the credits fucking twists the knife.

You Will Never Touch Fluffy Tail.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

We're not glossing over that fact, but we are acknowledging that these characters change every time Subaru resets and alters the events. It's one of the things that I love about Re:Zero, because it doesn't just show him changing things so certain events don't happen. We see him changing everything so that personalities are different, people's relationships between each other and him change due to the changes, that kind of stuff sets this apart. Rem as she is at the end of the first season is a vastly different character than Rem in the first few episodes, because of Subaru's resets.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole and Tuesday 1

That was amazing, now I'm torn on whether I should wait for the dub or not

Edit: Haha, shit they actually did post that on instagram

Last edited:

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I watched Carole and Tuesday and Sarazanmai back to back, and, my goodness, this is going to be a fantastic combo. Also, this season is not bad at all, you sillies!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
q1jhzgX.gif

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
q1jhzgX.gif

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.
what

Is this what SAO does to people.

Glad I dodged that particular bullet.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Cinderella Nine 01-
Characters seem kind of cute. Premise isn't too special (student council keeping the fledgling club down). Animation at times seemed really poor.
Sometimes faces seemed...off.
I'll give it another episode or 2 to click for me, though.

The Magnificent Kotobuki 01-
Somehow didn't know that this become available to stream whenever it did. Don't know how, so I guess I'm LTTP.
I loved Shirobako and I think it's pretty funny that some of those people are doing an actual girls-in-planes show.
I thought the CG would bother me, as I usually dislike it in my anime, but damn did they use it effectively.
Basically, there's amazing dogfights that just would never have been as detailed or cinematic with the time and budget of a 12 episode TV show.
They're able to push a lot of the work on things like fast moving plane turns and camera switches to CG, and thus we have an exciting show.
I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight scene.
The characters seem like exactly who I expect, and remind me a ton of the fake characters from Shirobako's plane show.
This is fine, and their designs are charming.
I'm really excited for this show. If they rest is anything like the first episode, I'll show this to more folks.

I wanted to watch that show because this is what reading the synopsis made me feel.
I figured it'd either be amazing, or so bad that it was still amazing.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

That wasn't the witch, that was Puck/Pukku's angry form, after the years they have spent together he views Emilia as his daughter. Part of the shock of that episode is how angry/powerful Puck gets and the fact that he would be willing to destroy the world in revenge over Emilia's death

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket 2

Love the 90s / early 2000s r&b vibe of the OP. Good episode as well. Kyo landing on all fours after jumping out of the second floor is great.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Sarazanmai 01

Story seems really interesting, can't wait for more. It's completely bonkers, but so great!

The animation is incredibly slick as well.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
That wasn't the witch, that was Puck/Pukku's angry form, after the years they have spent together he views Emilia as his daughter. Part of the shock of that episode is how angry/powerful Puck gets and the fact that he would be willing to destroy the world in revenge over Emilia's death

Zulux ruined it since he told you that something was gonna happen in that episode. That being said for those who hadn't read the LN it was a pretty big WTF. Too bad. as it pretty much solidified re:zero as my favorite isekai. I won't be reading any spoilers for the new season that's for sure.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Gio 26
Well that's one good way to hide your identity.

Fruits Basket [New] 2
It feels like some of the scenes were lifted directly out of the original anime and I love it. Tohru's reaction from instant animals to sudden nudity continues to be hilarious. Also true to the original: me crying. This continues to be exactly everything I wanted.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 01

A very nice opening episode. I feel like they're gonna be fun to watch when they're together. I want a longer version of the song.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
We're not glossing over that fact, but we are acknowledging that these characters change every time Subaru resets and alters the events. It's one of the things that I love about Re:Zero, because it doesn't just show him changing things so certain events don't happen. We see him changing everything so that personalities are different, people's relationships between each other and him change due to the changes, that kind of stuff sets this apart. Rem as she is at the end of the first season is a vastly different character than Rem in the first few episodes, because of Subaru's resets.
I don't think she's a better character now than she was at the start.

Oct 27, 2017
Fruits Basket Episode 2
This continues the feeling I have in that old anime/manga stories has some kind of feel that can't be replicated in new anime. It feel heartwarming yet nostaligic (even though I never watched the original) and it just feels good to watch after a hard day. The characters are cool, it looks good, has a great pacing so far. I can't ask for more honestly, it is that perfect.

You people and your reactions about Sarazanmai is making me intrigued. Will have to give it a watch for sure. Also remembered I never watched Carole & Tuesday. I want to watch it now but at the same time I feel I should wait until it is out on Netflix, will have to decide later tonight.

Man, From the New World is weird.
Don't know where you are but there is a part I still don't understand. It was funny as hell. Hint: Has something to do bright colors like a person is tripping.

Really great anime though. I recommend to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.