• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

The entire Crunchyroll-produced instant dub as well as the sub of Shield Hero is making its way to Funimation.

I wish Funi/CR would make a statement on if they made a new partnership or what, this is a full week of previously exclusive shows going to other platforms now.

Funi content is way too valuable as compared to whatever Sentai/HiDive deal brought CR.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
One Punch Man S2 E3

I feel like there's a bit too much "I'm gonna hate on the latest OPM episode because hating on it is cool" going on in this thread.

This episode was thoroughly solid, which some stellar cuts by jumpaoki being the highlight, elevating the fight between Tank Top Master and Garou to heights so far unseen in this production. Great music accompanying it as well.

The rest of the episode was also solid if unremarkable. Overall I'd be pretty pleased if the rest of the season could maintain this level of quality (though I already know that it won't).

Next episode being Metal Bat's reintroduction means they've got a lot to live up to. It's one of my favorite sections of the manga and I can only hope they didn't blow their load on this episode. Guess we'll see.

Also... as far as the sound goes, I guess it's a matter of taste, but I found it inoffensive here. I actually loved the sound used for Garou's retaliatory attack. It just feels so meaty, man. Gimme more of that snappiness, please!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Mob Psycho 100 getting another season or does Season 2 adapt all the material from the manga?

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Persona 5 anime good?
not really on my list or even near the top of the list for good game adaptations. I will say the anime turned me off from playing the game as the story just seemed really clunkly, and apart from one character social link it was hard to care for most of the cast.

The concluding moments of the tv show as well as the actual conclusion ovas did do a solid job of making me care about the story and characters though, so I guess, lackluster beginning, lackluster middle, strong conclusion.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Persona 5 anime good?

Nope. It basically does everything worse than in the game. Like somehow they can't even copy shots directly from the game in a great way. Compare the awakening scenes in P5A to the ones in the game and the ones in the game are way more impressive.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's more Mob Psycho 100 left than people give it credit for. Multiple arcs just as long or longer than the final arc in season 2. There's like 10 episodes right there at the very least, maybe more if they adapt some of the side stories.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Overlord S2 1-3

I'm watching on my tablet while playing CK2 on the computer. Normally I can multitask like this well enough but...

Why am I supposed to care about the lizard people again? Most of this season so far has been focused on these guys while the characters I want to see are just watching them from far away. I don't want to have to rewatch this lol. I'm so lost though.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Overlord S2 1-3

I'm watching on my tablet while playing CK2 on the computer. Normally I can multitask like this well enough but...

Why am I supposed to care about the lizard people again? Most of this season so far has been focused on these guys while the characters I want to see are just watching them from far away. I don't want to have to rewatch this lol. I'm so lost though.

At the end of season 1 they mention something about taking over them. S2 puts you on their side so you can A) see how overpowered Nazarick is and B) how horrific it must be to the one being conquered. I don't think it was particularly successful, but sure as hell better than that Carne village

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Mob Psycho 100 when it's about the slice of life stuff. The actual plot about the evil organization is kind of boring for all the cool action scenes.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Just watch Rakugo S2 ep. 7, and omg the feels. The actuality of Sukeroku and Miyokichi's death is just heartbreaking. This is some fucking prime storytelling right here bro.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Shield Hero 16

bayfwuzo6a221.png

Oct 25, 2017
KING of PRISM - Shiny Seven Stars - Episode 2

Definitely worst boy, but, better ice skating than Yuri on Ice's best performance.

So much fire, so much beauty, so much sparkls. My heart!
tumblr_pqdp8e7Eo41wfazcjo1_540.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the names of like every character in Mob outside the main characters. There were just way too many underdeveloped Espers running around.

I like that, ultimately, the series is about moral victory rather than Battle Shonen, but at the end of the day despite how impressive and bombastic the fight scenes are, and they really are way better than I'm giving credit, I just don't care about the characters involved with them. Mob's bumbling attempts at self improvement are what I'm here for.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the names of like every character in Mob outside the main characters. There were just way too many underdeveloped Espers running around.

I like that, ultimately, the series is about moral victory rather than Battle Shonen, but at the end of the day despite how impressive and bombastic the fight scenes are, and they really are way better than I'm giving credit, I just don't care about the characters involved with them. Mob's bumbling attempts at self improvement are what I'm here for.
I only enjoyed mobbed when it was focused on Ritsu.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yaiba-3

Whew lord, this is straight trash (and not the entertaining type either). How can so much work be put into the character and art design and none into the direction or writing? I kinda already knew Sotozaki was bad but this is something else.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I don't pretend to know either, just Mob, his brother, Teru, Dimple, and Reigen. All I need to have memorized lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yaiba-3

Whew lord, this is straight trash (and not the entertaining type either). How can so much work be put into the character and art design and none into the direction or writing? I kinda already knew Sotozaki was bad but this is something else.

I don't think the amount of work is the issue here. You can work really hard and long at something and still fail due to a lack of skill!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So regarding the revelation in the newest shield hero ep

I guess that is the reason why they were so underpowered against Glass, they should have been travelling around much more but as they were all in that one country their growth as a hero has been much slower. What a god damn awful person that king is summoning all 4 heroes when different countries should all summon a hero

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
KinPri 2: About 13 minutes into the episode I was thinking "this isn't KinPri, nothing completely off the wall insane's even happened yet". And 30 seconds later I was like "oh there we go".

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Mob Psycho 1-3
EP1: I shook my head so many times in how bad everything was.
EP2: The one fight was at a level that was ok/good. Everything else was bad again.
EP: Ok here we go, this was the bare minimum of what this season should have aimed for. Finally the comedic timing/direction was on point because i chuckled. The brutality of things was nice as well.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
tbh Mob only got good in season 2 when it started doing deep dives for its main characters.

Also it's about time I finally crossed Kyousougiga off the backlog - is there any reason I shouldn't watch in the order 2011 ONA --> 2012 ONA --> 2013 series?

Oct 25, 2017
Wise Man's Grandchild Episode 2 and 3 (engdub)

lol at the magic recital part and everyone doing those elaborate poses and everything, yet Shin destroying the training dummy easily lol.

Prince Aug is pretty.
tumblr_pq4rxtevzj1w46s3lo1_540.gif

Also otp of the season
tumblr_pq4w86TVkY1rlztz4o1_540.png

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
tbh Mob only got good in season 2 when it started doing deep dives for its main characters.

Also it's about time I finally crossed Kyousougiga off the backlog - is there any reason I shouldn't watch in the order 2011 ONA --> 2012 ONA --> 2013 series?

Yes.

What you should watch is the 2013 TV series and skip episode 0 because that' s from the ONAs and basically summarizes the entire show.

I absolutely hated this second Claw arc. There's really nothing but the great animation in it for me. Mob Psycho 100 S2 in a way peaked at episode 1 for me, where I felt the most emotionally invested.

Dunno, read the rest of the manga afterward, too, and I don't think kindly of the series and its writing as a whole now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The 2012 ONA series is the superior form of Kyousougiga. Concise and impactful vignettes without getting bogged down in trying to explain everything the way the 2013 TV series does. The 2013 TV series reuses most of the 2012 footage, but in a manner that dulls its impact.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The 2012 ONA series is the superior form of Kyousougiga. Concise and impactful vignettes without getting bogged down in trying to explain everything the way the 2013 TV series does. The 2013 TV series reuses most of the 2012 footage, but in a manner that dulls its impact.

Hmm, now I'm kinda interested in checking those out. Though, I find it hard to believe they could top the TV show for me, especially since I'm not that keen on vignettes.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
The Kyousougiga OP still gets regularly stuck in my head. And gets me weirdly emotional. It's great.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Okay it sounds like the 2013 series is an expanded version of the ONAs, in which case I'll probably do the ONAs first? Like I will probably watch both anyway

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
The Kyousougiga OP still gets regularly stuck in my head. And gets me weirdly emotional. It's great.

Yup, when i first watched the anime, i had this on repeat because the song's too good. Oh, and i never skipped both OP and ED. Once again, they're too good!

Oh, and i think Koto's pose in the OP is adorable.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of season 1 they mention something about taking over them. S2 puts you on their side so you can A) see how overpowered Nazarick is and B) how horrific it must be to the one being conquered. I don't think it was particularly successful, but sure as hell better than that Carne village

Thanks. Makes a lot more sense now. Watched up to episode 6 this time without playing a game at the same time. So far this season hasn't been as interesting compared to season 1 at the same point.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Thanks. Makes a lot more sense now. Watched up to episode 6 this time without playing a game at the same time. So far this season hasn't been as interesting compared to season 1 at the same point.

Yeah the show has some inconsistency, but I do not blame the anime team, they are actually very close to the books. They do a good job at re ordering the books to keep things moving. Having read the rest of the novels, I think the better stuff has not being adapted.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Episode 18 is one of my favorite episodes in anime.

yeah, that is by far my favorite episode of all time as well. It's just such an emotional roller coaster and so perfect in so many ways from how it fits into the story and encapsulates everything that happened up to that point to how so many people can relate to the emotions on a human level... Just so damn amazing..

Maybe I needto watch it all again for the billionth time now.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Rakugo has a potential problematic element in its last episode but other than that this was nothing short of a masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.