• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I saw that Crunchyroll added Eightman After, and watched the first episode.

Other than being a total nostalgia trip, just seeing this style of anime made me so happy. Really looking forward to watching the rest this weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll put Fruit's Baskets subs on this JoJo ep.

D6ygxIoU8AAhExw.jpg

D6yaN0nUwAAr8_V.jpg

D6yg5R2UYAAm5a4.jpg

D6yZR4tVUAAw2uZ.jpg

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Saga of Tanya The Movie-
trYPW3P.png

This was outstanding. I came a few minutes late to the movie so I missed some of the early material but as a whole this movie really was great. I wasn't sure how the TV series would transition to a movie format but somehow it worked out very well. This almost felt like a Fafner level jump in quality from the TV series. The only two reasons I feel it's not quite that big of a jump are the character designs still not being great and there's one character in this that feels 'inappropriate'. The direction is snappier and more creative, the animation and storyboarding is better, the tension is higher, and the writing is cohesive. This was the TV series amped up to 11.

I'll start by discussing the writing. There are two sides to this movie, Tanya and Mary Sue. The addition of Mary Sue really makes the franchise into a completely different beast on a number of levels. Mary Sue serves as a great rival to Tanya on multiple levels and elevates the movie into something exceptional. She's the absolute polar opposite of Tanya on almost every level. She's extremely emotional in contrast to Tanya's ice cold behaviour on the field and this serves to throw Tanya off her own game as she's not used to someone absolutely despising her on a personal level. Tanya treats being a soldier as a profession while Mary treats it as a calling. That strong contrast is also used to dive a little bit into what it means being a soldier. Are they only professional killers or people trying to protect their homeland and families. What also made this difference between the two more substantial was Mary's captain being similar in temperament to Tanya so Mary was constantly butting heads with him as well. The focus on Mary also serves to highlight how war affects people on a personal level even if it's 'just business'. Tanya killed her father and ruined her family after all. So while Tanya might be the character the audience is rooting for, she is the villain in all of this. Mary is completely in the right. Another aspect of Mary that was fun to watch is how religious she is in comparison to Tanya who is an atheist. I got a chuckle that the final part of their fight takes place in a church. Both have the 'backing' of a god with one being a faithful servant and the other absolutely hating it.
4BUVWER.png

Mary is also possibly the most dangerous enemy that Tanya has come across. She's an absolute beast in terms of combat and this ties into Tanya's challenges in this movie. Tanya's not outwitted by anyone but put on her heels merely by raw numbers and power. Wits and intelligence can only carry you so far and this was the difficulty she ran into. She really gets roughed up in this. Another was that her intellect was also the reason she ended up in that situation to begin with. A running theme with the series is that of her being too competent at her job and screwing herself over and the main battle in this movie is again another example of that.

The capital assault by her team was the highlight of the movie and possibly the franchise. It's the equivalent of Raising a Flag over the Reichstag photograph and you can tell the original author, Carlo Zen, used that as a source of inspiration for the moment except delivered so hilariously over the top. I lost it when they started singing the Empire's national anthem and making a movie. I hope that was Aoi Yuuki doing that singing. Zen definitely is a WW2 buff as another character was based off Lavrentiy Beria. I had a real problem with this character when watching the movie as he's blatantly a pedophile but apparently Beria was as well. He's played over the top but is generally used as a plot device for Tanya to have to deal with these insane number of divisions being thrown at her.

As to the animation, the movie has probably the best aerial sequences I've seen in a long time, maybe since post Eureka 7. There are definitely going to be a few highlights uploaded to Sakugabooru later this year. The TV series didn't really expand on the aerial combat as much as I would have liked but here they deliver in spades. There's significantly more camera rotation that takes advantage of the air space and a focus on elevation with things like the airplanes and bombers. That sequence of Tanya being chased by Mary was insane. Absolutely bonkers of a scene. You can see part of it in the Youtube video above but it's significantly longer than that. It reminded me of Imai's work on Attack on Titan. The whole thing just went so off the rails that I think either the CG team or animator, maybe Shinichi Kurita, had problems keeping up with a small bit of it which made a part of it seem choppy. Another cut I want to point out is the one where Mary is walking out of the flames at the end, it felt painterly, similar in nature to Koh Yoshinari's work although not as stylistic as him. That style helped to elevate the scene in dramatic fashion.

The direction was better than I expected it to be, mainly Tanya's speech near the end of the movie. It really summed up the failings of Germany in both WWs and how the Treaty of Versailles only postponed things. By not just animating Tanya delivering her lines, but visually overlaying her and the generals behind things like rubble or an atomic bomb, helped to deliver her points home. The audience could visually see that Tanya was using her experience and knowledge from her life in modern Japan to inform these generals of what was to come. We know America is going to enter the war for example and this will escalate to all countries participating in some manner, even if at the time America's isolationist attitude was prevalent.
8VXSfWk.png

I really wish I could rewatch this in the theaters again. The sound direction had some bass to it. Speaking of which, there were significantly more people at my showing for this than for the Code Geass movie. Geass had maybe 10 people in there while this had closer to 60 or 70 people, the theater was packed. I guess Tanya is popular in the States. Hopefully future installments, whether a new season or movie, are of this caliber.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if people already talked about it here but it seems that every +Ultra anime will be on Netflix. It already happened to Revisions, Ingress, Carole & Tuesday and Beastars so any future anime on this Fuji TV block will be there in Netflix Japan days after the original broadcast and on the west, months later.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo Golden Wind

Nice to finally get an explanation of Bucci's situation. Perfect for this fight though lol. Enemy stand users are weird lol.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Saga of Tanya The Movie-
The direction was better than I expected it to be, mainly Tanya's speech near the end of the movie. It really summed up the failings of Germany in both WWs and how the Treaty of Versailles only postponed things. By not just animating Tanya delivering her lines, but visually overlaying her and the generals behind things like rubble or an atomic bomb, helped to deliver her points home. The audience could visually see that Tanya was using her experience and knowledge from her life in modern Japan to inform these generals of what was to come. We know America is going to enter the war for example and this will escalate to all countries participating in some manner, even if at the time America's isolationist attitude was prevalent.

Wait, so this thing is set in actual WW1 ? Total stranger to the series here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was some Strike Witches thing nonsense (in respect to actual events) but if it's as closer to the real thing as that bit suggests than I might need to watch it.

The things I do for my inner history nerd ...

Lots of references to real history because the world the main character is reincarnated to is very similar to our world and because the main character is knowledgeable about history. An isekai in which the story actually benefits from the main character being from the real world!

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was some Strike Witches thing nonsense (in respect to actual events) but if it's as closer to the real thing as that bit suggests than I might need to watch it.

The things I do for my inner history nerd ...

It's not reaaaally that close, it's an Isekai in which the alternate world has magic and it's similar to the context of WW1 but it's also very different at the same time. Still, great series. The anime is a really good adaptation and the LN is quite good, as well as the original web novel on Arcadia, which was basically a draft as all web novels.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so this thing is set in actual WW1 ? Total stranger to the series here.
It's kind of a mix of WW1 and WW2 with some clear inspirations from both in some of the events that play out, although the nations themselves (particularly the "Empire" that Tanya works for) are closer to WW1 era stuff.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Crunchyroll put Fruit's Baskets subs on this JoJo ep.

D6ygxIoU8AAhExw.jpg

D6yaN0nUwAAr8_V.jpg

D6yg5R2UYAAm5a4.jpg

D6yZR4tVUAAw2uZ.jpg
That's fantastic 😂

Furuba 7
Hatori's story is always a sad read but they showed it beautifully here. Tohru finally gets her first indication of what the curse really is. I'm sad, tho, that we didn't get one of my favourite scenes in the manga where she turns around and sees Akito sitting by the window. Driving by in a car just doesn't have the same impact.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stray Dogs 31:

Good start comedy. I liked that they took this episode to air out some of the characters and finish sticking points. Happy to see some good come out of shadow demon and it's origin. Yeah the headmaster guy was a real bastard it's hard to reconcile him with the strolling smiling guy that gets hit by a truck. In the end Tiger crying actually felt believable but in a way that does not absolve the headmaster's actions.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Any Fafner fans here?

I've been meaning to go watch the new movie next week but I realized I barely remember anything about Exodus and I can't find a decent writeup.

What I remember amounts to
- Various Mirs appear around the world wrecking havoc,
- Humanity's army find a way to reach Tatsumiya Island and convince them to send some people in the frontline, to help with refugees,
- There's a special team full of assholes who are fueling the war - they even kill one of the new Fafner pilots during a sneak attack,
- At the end Soushi kind of dies only to be reborn as Kazuki's shota son.

I remember enjoying it quite a bit but I have a big question: I just don't remember what was the point of all of it?
I'd be happy if anyone could give me a quick rundown or link me to a decent writeup or short video.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of references to real history because the world the main character is reincarnated to is very similar to our world and because the main character is knowledgeable about history. An isekai in which the story actually benefits from the main character being from the real world!
It's not reaaaally that close, it's an Isekai in which the alternate world has magic and it's similar to the context of WW1 but it's also very different at the same time. Still, great series. The anime is a really good adaptation and the LN is quite good, as well as the original web novel on Arcadia, which was basically a draft as all web novels.
It's kind of a mix of WW1 and WW2 with some clear inspirations from both in some of the events that play out, although the nations themselves (particularly the "Empire" that Tanya works for) are closer to WW1 era stuff.
I'm getting some pretty contrary feedback here !

Aggretsuko S2 on June 14th according to what netflix is showing me. aw yeah
Between this and Dark S2, Neflix is saving anime yet again.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting some pretty contrary feedback here !

The war in SoTtE is not just WW1 with magic. But it is very clear that WW1 is the inspiration. The setting is close to the real world in that time period. There are events that play out similarly. The main character who is from the real world makes references to real world history. The author loves history and it shows through the writing. Reading discussions online, you will see that much of the fanbase for the series are people who enjoy history.

At the very least it is a billion times better than the countless fantasy stories that are based in medieval Europe with no thought as to why lmao.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I think SoL being my single favourite anime genre is probably something to do with why Carole and Tuesday's pacing/tone has been, like, the exact opposite of a turn-off for me. Def. gonna binge the whole thing for a rewatch once it's out, though.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Sarazanmai 06

I'm fiNE.....

That ED sure hit hard this time.

Now we know why Haruka was chasing him to the train station. I was a bit apprehensive that Kazuki had a more straightforward means of coming to terms with himself by saving Haruka but it wasn't the half of it. Haruka's message and the Cop's ploy to identify Kero played in to it. It's probably not particularly great but much better than what I thought it would be. I wonder if Haruka's perception of Sara, while now revealed as Kazuki lent to him being more honest about Kazuki. Considering he still calls him Sara in the last message.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The war in SoTtE is not just WW1 with magic. But it is very clear that WW1 is the inspiration. The setting is close to the real world in that time period. There are events that play out similarly. The main character who is from the real world makes references to real world history. The author loves history and it shows through the writing. Reading discussions online, you will see that much of the fanbase for the series are people who enjoy history.

At the very least it is a billion times better than the countless fantasy stories that are based in medieval Europe with no thought as to why lmao.
Portugal hasn't been in any kind of Iberian Union since 1668 so by 20th century or even 19th century standards that part of the map doesn't make much sense.
People from other parts of Europe, feel free to point the inaccuracies related to your geographical region. :P

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal hasn't been in any kind of Iberian Union since 1668 so by 20th century or even 19th century standards that part of the map doesn't make much sense.
People from other parts of Europe, feel free to point the inaccuracies related to your geographical region. :P

The Spain counterpart is not part of the story (at least in the anime so far).

I don't think it needs to be pointed out that the setting is not the real Europe during the real WW1. No one is claiming that it is. Just that there are a lot of similarities that make the story enjoyable to people who like that time period.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The Spain counterpart is not part of the story (at least in the anime so far).

I don't think it needs to be pointed out that the setting is not the real Europe during the real WW1. No one is claiming that it is. Just that there are a lot of similarities that make the story enjoyable to people who like that time period.
I'm just having a bit of fun with the fact that they acknowledge that no one fucks with the Swiss so they stay as a distinct region even when surrounded by superpowers but Portugal is nowhere to be found.
I do know that Portuguese find it annoying when foreigners think that by speaking Spanish they somehow will be more capable to understand them than if they chose to speak English.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm just having a bit of fun with the fact that they acknowledge that no one fucks with the Swiss so they stay as a distinct region even when surrounded by superpowers but Portugal is nowhere to be found.
I do know that Portuguese find it annoying when foreigners think that by speaking Spanish they somehow will be more capable to understand them than if they chose to speak English.
The map seems simplified. Probably to reduce unnecessary clutter? To be fair to Switzerland, it is an absolute nightmare to invade. Probably a little easier with the help of magical flying people, but logistics would still be a massive headache. Switzerland has never been a threat offensively, so most rational actors would elect to ignore it completely.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ

France is also too big, Alsace-Lorraine were part of Germany at that time. My great grandfather had to fight for the German army not the French one.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
cells at work official english opening (showing off the dub voices some)

This is awesome haha. The OP is infectious.

I liked it. It tells a nice college story and the second season has some very uh... interesting moments.
that being said it's not for everyone.
I liked it(though that was over a decade ago), but the series implodes on itself.

Ah, hmm. Might have to pass this one then.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I don't usually do this kind of posts (or anime posts in general, mostly because I kind of feel like I suck at writing them, among other things), but I've recently watched a show that I feel like I need to do some sort of a writeup on.

Basically, since this season kind of sucks, I wanted to watch something from my backlog. And since one of the few airing shows that I don't think is horrible is Carol & Tuesday, I decided I might as well go check out the definitive show in its genre. Since Carol & Tuesday's genre is "moe girls playing music and doing slice of life things", I'm obviously talking about K-On.

K-On! 1-13
This was a very interesting show to watch for me, for several reasons. First, because I generally hate cute girls shows. As in, couldn't even stand one episode of Non Non Biyori, and bailed within the first 30 seconds of Yuru Camp. Second, because I also mostly dislike Kyoto Animation's works. Some of them are legitimately good (like Hibike Season 1), but most range from interesting but flawed (Hyouka), to some of the worst writing I've ever seen in media (Kyoukai no Kanata). And third, because this show has a reputation. According to who you ask, it's either responsible for murdering anime by turning everything into moe shows made for perverts, or the greatest and most pure anime ever made.

I went into this expecting to not really like it (at best). But after the first season, I actually kind of did. It's not the greatest thing ever made, but it's a really solid 8/10, and also pretty much the best thing Kyo-Ani ever put out that I've seen. But it's also one of those shows that I'm still kind thinking about a week after watching it, which really wasn't what I expected would happen. Because it does a lot of things that are a lot more interesting than I expected they would be, and I also feel like it's a lot more interesting of a show than it gets credit for, even from its fans.

First, if you ask anyone what K-On is actually about, they'll probably tell you it's about nothing. Certainly, when I went into it, I expected it to be about nothing. But while it's true there's no grand plot or big dramatic moments here, there clearly are still things going on, particularly on the character front. While not super dramatic, there clearly is some character progression, particularly with the protagonist, but also with other characters. Azusa, in particular, stands out, and actually gets a pretty nice mini-arc about joining the club that actually feels pretty well done from a story perspective. When she's first introduced, she's understandably pretty weirded out by the core cast. She gradually gets closer to them, but even by the end she still feels like a bit of an outsider to the group, which I kind of like, because it feels realistic in a way most CGDCT shows really aren't.

And in a way, it's actually interesting to see storytelling done this way. Most fiction, in general, follows a pretty clear structure. Some sort of problem gets introduced, after some time there's a big climactic event that solves said problem, and then everything is fine. K-On, on the other hand, doesn't really do climaxes. Things don't really happen, so it has to find ways to evolve its characters without big flashy events to push characters to change. And that's an interesting approach because in a way I feel like it's a lot closer to real life. In real life, people do change gradually, not just because of big dramatic events (although those still do happen, obviously). Weirdly enough, despite the fact that all the characters in this show are trying way too hard to be cutesy, in some ways they actually manage to feel more real than a lot of other anime characters.

Secondly, this show is just plain funny, which surprised me because I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about the humor in the show. And even here the humor is different from most shows. This is because the show isn't funny because of its script, but simply because the direction just has such a strong sense of comedic timing it manages to make even the most mundane situations funny.

Thirdly, I like the fact that time actually passes in this show. It starts with the beginning of the first year of high school and covers the first two years in season 1 (and presumably the last one in season 2). True, not a lot actually changes since the characters stay in high school throughout, but it still gives the show some feeling of continuity. Even if the plot doesn't really go anywhere, at least time does progress.

And finally, the show just looks really great. It's a Kyo-Ani show so you'd think that's a given, but it's also a Kyo-Ani show from the time before they discovered crappy camera filters and decided they'll make their visual identity all about trying to emulate physical cameras. And I much prefer this older style of Kyo-Ani.

Like I said above, the directing is super strong, and the visuals and animation are on the same level. From what I gather, this was the directorial debut of Kyo-Ani's Naoko Yamada, and I guess it's kind of apparent. The show isn't quite as auteur as her more recent works, but there's a couple of shots here or there that are heavily reminiscent of her current work. Like this or this (the second one is from season 2, but I watched some of that already). And I actually prefer it this way honestly. Not that her current output doesn't look great, but sometimes her stylistic obsessions are just too much.

And now for the bad parts, because while I did like the show, it does have some pretty noticeable issues. First, the music just kind of sucks. And not even in a good way. Like, you'd music played by a band that literally never practices to sound terrible, but it doesn't really on a technical level. I just hate it stylistically. But then again, there's really not that much music in this show, so it's easy to ignore.

The other, bigger problem is that this show turned out to be much more perverted than I was expecting it to be. Every time people blame the show for killing anime, there's usually a defense force ready to tell them that K-On is actually the purest show there is, and that there's absolutely no fanservice or anything perverted happening in it. And while it's true that it's nowhere near as bad as actual fanservice shows, there are still issues with it. Visually there's nothing actually too bad other than one bath scene that's still somewhat okay. But writing-wise, it's a whole different story. There's the teacher that is constantly acting predatory towards her students, jokes about panty shots, characters being blackmailed with pictures of said panty shots, jokes about characters having to wear revealing costumes, breast size jokes, and groping jokes. There's kind of a bunch of uncomfortable material here that feels really out of place.

But other than that, it's a fun enough show that I liked way more than I thought I would. Not perfect and not mindblowing or lifechanging, but still a very surprisingly enjoyable. I guess the main takeaways here is not to always trust the general opinion of a show, and that it's sometimes good to take a leap of faith and watch things you might think you'll hate.

I don't usually do this kind of posts (or anime posts in general, mostly because I kind of feel like I suck at writing them, among other things), but I've recently watched a show that I feel like I need to do some sort of a writeup on.

Basically, since this season kind of sucks, I wanted to watch something from my backlog. And since one of the few airing shows that I don't think is horrible is Carol & Tuesday, I decided I might as well go check out the definitive show in its genre. Since Carol & Tuesday's genre is "moe girls playing music and doing slice of life things", I'm obviously talking about K-On.

K-On! 1-13
This was a very interesting show to watch for me, for several reasons. First, because I generally hate cute girls shows. As in, couldn't even stand one episode of Non Non Biyori, and bailed within the first 30 seconds of Yuru Camp. Second, because I also mostly dislike Kyoto Animation's works. Some of them are legitimately good (like Hibike Season 1), but most range from interesting but flawed (Hyouka), to some of the worst writing I've ever seen in media (Kyoukai no Kanata). And third, because this show has a reputation. According to who you ask, it's either responsible for murdering anime by turning everything into moe shows made for perverts, or the greatest and most pure anime ever made.

I went into this expecting to not really like it (at best). But after the first season, I actually kind of did. It's not the greatest thing ever made, but it's a really solid 8/10, and also pretty much the best thing Kyo-Ani ever put out that I've seen. But it's also one of those shows that I'm still kind thinking about a week after watching it, which really wasn't what I expected would happen. Because it does a lot of things that are a lot more interesting than I expected they would be, and I also feel like it's a lot more interesting of a show than it gets credit for, even from its fans.

First, if you ask anyone what K-On is actually about, they'll probably tell you it's about nothing. Certainly, when I went into it, I expected it to be about nothing. But while it's true there's no grand plot or big dramatic moments here, there clearly are still things going on, particularly on the character front. While not super dramatic, there clearly is some character progression, particularly with the protagonist, but also with other characters. Azusa, in particular, stands out, and actually gets a pretty nice mini-arc about joining the club that actually feels pretty well done from a story perspective. When she's first introduced, she's understandably pretty weirded out by the core cast. She gradually gets closer to them, but even by the end she still feels like a bit of an outsider to the group, which I kind of like, because it feels realistic in a way most CGDCT shows really aren't.

And in a way, it's actually interesting to see storytelling done this way. Most fiction, in general, follows a pretty clear structure. Some sort of problem gets introduced, after some time there's a big climactic event that solves said problem, and then everything is fine. K-On, on the other hand, doesn't really do climaxes. Things don't really happen, so it has to find ways to evolve its characters without big flashy events to push characters to change. And that's an interesting approach because in a way I feel like it's a lot closer to real life. In real life, people do change gradually, not just because of big dramatic events (although those still do happen, obviously). Weirdly enough, despite the fact that all the characters in this show are trying way too hard to be cutesy, in some ways they actually manage to feel more real than a lot of other anime characters.

Secondly, this show is just plain funny, which surprised me because I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about the humor in the show. And even here the humor is different from most shows. This is because the show isn't funny because of its script, but simply because the direction just has such a strong sense of comedic timing it manages to make even the most mundane situations funny.

Thirdly, I like the fact that time actually passes in this show. It starts with the beginning of the first year of high school and covers the first two years in season 1 (and presumably the last one in season 2). True, not a lot actually changes since the characters stay in high school throughout, but it still gives the show some feeling of continuity. Even if the plot doesn't really go anywhere, at least time does progress.

And finally, the show just looks really great. It's a Kyo-Ani show so you'd think that's a given, but it's also a Kyo-Ani show from the time before they discovered crappy camera filters and decided they'll make their visual identity all about trying to emulate physical cameras. And I much prefer this older style of Kyo-Ani.

Like I said above, the directing is super strong, and the visuals and animation are on the same level. From what I gather, this was the directorial debut of Kyo-Ani's Naoko Yamada, and I guess it's kind of apparent. The show isn't quite as auteur as her more recent works, but there's a couple of shots here or there that are heavily reminiscent of her current work. Like this or this (the second one is from season 2, but I watched some of that already). And I actually prefer it this way honestly. Not that her current output doesn't look great, but sometimes her stylistic obsessions are just too much.

And now for the bad parts, because while I did like the show, it does have some pretty noticeable issues. First, the music just kind of sucks. And not even in a good way. Like, you'd music played by a band that literally never practices to sound terrible, but it doesn't really on a technical level. I just hate it stylistically. But then again, there's really not that much music in this show, so it's easy to ignore.

The other, bigger problem is that this show turned out to be much more perverted than I was expecting it to be. Every time people blame the show for killing anime, there's usually a defense force ready to tell them that K-On is actually the purest show there is, and that there's absolutely no fanservice or anything perverted happening in it. And while it's true that it's nowhere near as bad as actual fanservice shows, there are still issues with it. Visually there's nothing actually too bad other than one bath scene that's still somewhat okay. But writing-wise, it's a whole different story. There's the teacher that is constantly acting predatory towards her students, jokes about panty shots, characters being blackmailed with pictures of said panty shots, jokes about characters having to wear revealing costumes, breast size jokes, and groping jokes. There's kind of a bunch of uncomfortable material here that feels really out of place.

But other than that, it's a fun enough show that I liked way more than I thought I would. Not perfect and not mindblowing or lifechanging, but still a very surprisingly enjoyable. I guess the main takeaways here is not to always trust the general opinion of a show, and that it's sometimes good to take a leap of faith and watch things you might think you'll hate.

Under the scope had a interesting video on not just K-on but similar shows that have deeper meaning to them cause of how they approach the daily lives of the female cast, even if the goal was to be a show of cute girls.

Yeah K-on is perfect or the ground breaking but it heart was in a good place.

You should give Yuru Camp another try since it a little more snappy than K-on and mostly avoids the stuff you dislike about K-on.
Also
Yuru-Camp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.