• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Pv3 of Fire Force with subtitles

Looks HOT

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero Episode 13

The production values for this show are so high.

The music is sooooo fucking good.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero Episode 13

The production values for this show are so high.

The music is sooooo fucking good.
I've never, ever hated a character as much as I hate this redheaded POS fuckface asshole of a character that is Malty.
Oh, the show is great, too!

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest: Your Story First Trailer

It's the movie announced months ago, based on DQV. It looks amazing, one of the best CG in japanese movies.

Last edited:

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 13

Certainly continues to give us reason to hate red head princess. Shield Bro continues to get screwed every time things are looking up.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
From my friends reactions, it looks to be another case where while the story is great, the CGi still needs more adjusting. The fights themselves can look amazing at times, but gets hamper down by limiting the framerate to 30.

The wrestling moves in the fights are cracking me up, it's a fun series to watch.

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
Added the show specific rules decreed by the mods in the previous thread on Shield Hero and Made in Abyss into the Opening Post. Please follow said guidelines given, or as they stated risk being swiftly banned.

Oct 25, 2017
Man after just recently finishing Castlevania S2(I know it isn't anime)
I really want to see an anime or show with Vampires that look something like

That design looks cool as hell in contrast to typical Western vampires.
(honestly all the vampire generals had pretty cool designs)

Last edited:

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Designs still make me wonder if they were meant to have a larger role but were pushed aside for the Carmilla sequel hook.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird getting back into Ace of Diamond after the three years hiatus and the first episode feeling like it would be released after only a short break, its so similar.

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 13 Engdub

While I love that Motoyasu is so silly and kind of dumb at times, I do wish the other two heroes would show some sort of character growth. It feels like the writer has kept them in this same weird state of, doing whatever whatsherface says but then when Naofumi provides some sort of evidence or anything or she does something so blatantly bad, that they start questioning things as if they do believe him, but then, the next event its like they forget it all happened, like what.

Fantastic episode and MADKID is really going the good work with their songs. New fan forever. FAITH is great.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 119-129

All set up for the big game that the whole show was leading to. Hope it's as hype as the Shinryuji match. Also really hope Sena and Suzuna end up together since the new ED seems to imply that. Maybe it's because my perception is colored by Haikyuu and Kuroko but it's nice to have some kind of build up of a relationship since in those series it doesn't even try.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
We have no streaming service simulcasting Bungo Stray Dogs (kind of a big one), Senko-San, Fairy Gone or RobiHachi?

All of them are set to premiere this week but none on Crunchyroll or Funimation's schedule. Sentai Filmworks and Amazon haven't announced them getting rights to them either.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
We have no streaming service simulcasting Bungo Stray Dogs (kind of a big one), Senko-San, Fairy Gone or RobiHachi?

All of them are set to premiere this week but none on Crunchyroll or Funimation's schedule. Sentai Filmworks and Amazon haven't announced them getting rights to them either.
A lot of times stuff doesn't get announced until closer to release. Also Bungo and Senko are next week.

Oct 25, 2017

the only time there is to panic about having no announcement is only after a show has aired, as theyve constantly announced shows even same day or even moments before the episode has gone up...and I dont think BSD is actually a big one. Movie showings were kind of empty, and it was also viewed so little on funi that it wasnt until CR got involve did it finally get a dub, and the mobile game is ultra niche and all but forgotten by folks.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Surprised to see people here hyped about Senko. I thought that would be one of those anime looked down because Senko is a literal one hundred person with the appearance of a girl. It has no fanservice on the original over her and the manga is just fluffy Slice of Life so I guess that counts.

But as far as where those will be, wait for some days. Streaming services do this bad job of announcing where it'll be out just a few weeks or even days before the first episode.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I expected, Netflix bought the exclusive license for distribution of Ultraman (which is why it's only there and it'll be for some years until they renew or not the contract) from the committee. Here's the one for the anime.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm even more pissed that this show got Netflix'd. Fucking hell.
I'm always mixed on it.
on one hand it makes it a pain to watch legally in the US. On the other hand the money they throw at it typically helps the production. Like if it didn't get Netflix'd would all of these people still be involved? Who knows :P But I choose to believe they wouldn't be so it hurts a little less >.>

Oct 25, 2017
continuously surprised when people say bad things of netflix, like wasnt it just a few weeks ago that people litrally wanted to give their lives to them for getting Eva? And practically shout to the heavens whenever netflix gets say HeroAca or other choice anime?

I dont support netflix due to bad business practices so I can only speak of what I see from the posts online.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Gintama 01-05
I saw a little bit of the second live action movie on the plane back from Japan, and decided to give this a go.
These early episodes sometimes seem to be a somewhat serious action show, but I love the premise and humor.
I'll keep on this one.
I normally don't like Shonen stuff, but the humor is good, and the show doesn't really seem to care about portraying action for too long.

Same. I saw the title and realized that besides the second half of Run With The Wind, the Persona 5 special and a single episode of My Roomate Is a Cat, I hadn't watched anything from the Winter season yet.
Nothing looked too interesting, and I just keep watching Fall stuff still.

Oh, and Gintama.

Gintama is a slow starter, but definitely worth it if the humor clicks with you. It has some of the best shounen story arcs too.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
continuously surprised when people say bad things of netflix, like wasnt it just a few weeks ago that people litrally wanted to give their lives to them for getting Eva? And practically shout to the heavens whenever netflix gets say HeroAca or other choice anime?

I dont support netflix due to bad business practices so I can only speak of what I see from the posts online.

I'd wager the vast majority of people praising Eva on Netflix don't watch enough seasonal anime for stuff like Carole & Tuesday being delayed to affect them. which is maybe a bit ironic considering how much hype Bebop's arrival on netflix had

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

There's a pretty major difference to those examples though. In the first example, Evangellion is already finished airing and has been for years. In the second example, Netflix is getting old seasons of MHA. In this example, what Netflix is doing is buying exclusivity as a "Netflix original" for a show that is currently airing that they have no involvement in.

Carole & Tuesday airs in Japan TV every week and is a Spring season show. And then in like July, they'll announce Carole & Tuesday is coming to Netflix as a netflix original, binge all episodes now! That's the problem.

I'm a seasonal anime watcher and watch anime as it airs seasonally so it sucks for people like us.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the problem with Netflix is their binge model. Their exclusivity prevents people from following shows legally on a weekly basis.

I just don't understand why they don't release them weekly. They've done that for a few of their shows like Patriot Act so they're more than capable of it.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gintama 01-05
I saw a little bit of the second live action movie on the plane back from Japan, and decided to give this a go.
These early episodes sometimes seem to be a somewhat serious action show, but I love the premise and humor.
I'll keep on this one.
I normally don't like Shonen stuff, but the humor is good, and the show doesn't really seem to care about portraying action for too long.

Same. I saw the title and realized that besides the second half of Run With The Wind, the Persona 5 special and a single episode of My Roomate Is a Cat, I hadn't watched anything from the Winter season yet.
Nothing looked too interesting, and I just keep watching Fall stuff still.

Oh, and Gintama.
Gintama is a great show, I'm still watching it myself but it's got me through some rough times in my life by providing some much needed laughs.

Oct 25, 2017

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Kaguya-Sama - END

I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I initially would. I really liked the mind games aspect in the beginning and the comedy that ensued, and while much of that element of the show started to get diminished as the season rolled along, what replaced it was some really solid emotional drama in addition to a good deal of pure sitcom-style humor. Just about all of the main cast was well-fleshed out and each had their share of memorable moments (Chika had a lot of really cute humor and Kaguya just became more and more adorable as the show went on). Also, I wasn't expecting this show to have a quality soundtrack as well with the opening especially being a major bop (also that one 80s-sounding piece with the synth bass and the synth bells that came out of nowhere). Was kinda disappointed with that cock-tease at the end, but I get that they still have so much more of the manga to adapt, and that they were just testing the waters with this season. Hope it gets a season 2 soon.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always mixed on it.
on one hand it makes it a pain to watch legally in the US. On the other hand the money they throw at it typically helps the production. Like if it didn't get Netflix'd would all of these people still be involved? Who knows :P But I choose to believe they wouldn't be so it hurts a little less >.>

Yes, they would. Even more in this case which is a title from Fuji TV Ultra+ block and Netflix just normally license later on in Japan for their platform (one week later of the original airing afaik) and in the rest of the world months later with dub and all. And considering that, high chances of Fuji TV being the company with more funding in the project. We'll see it in a few days.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Also hard to say Netflix helps productions when all the shows they license are still made in awful conditions where everyone is underpaid and overworked

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, they would. Even more in this case which is a title from Fuji TV Ultra+ block and Netflix just normally license later on in Japan for their platform (one week later of the original airing afaik) and in the rest of the world months later with dub and all. And considering that, high chances of Fuji TV being the company with more funding in the project. We'll see it in a few days.
Also hard to say Netflix helps productions when all the shows they license are still made in awful conditions where everyone is underpaid and overworked
shhhhhh let me pretend that the pain of waiting on netflix shows is worth something :P

Status
Not open for further replies.