• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I mean it's not really wrong, except maybe for a few side characters lol. That said they're not evil either. I guess if we were going with DnD alignments Darkness would technically fall under lawful good, but she's very very bad at it due to her fetishes lol

I completely agree. Show is a bunch of asshole idiots trying to make a living.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Konosuba Ep 1-2
I knew what this show was about beforehand (which is the only reason why I gave it a shot, obviously), but was slightly put off at first by how it starts off by playing it straight with the isekai shit. Of course, it just ends up being a fantastic set-up for the reveal of how Kazuma actually died, which is such a perfect way to sell this show to people lol.

The second episode kept the laughs coming with the frog scenes. I'm really starting to see why people like this show so much.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul

suspicious-eyes-gif-7.gif

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Konosuba Ep 1-2
I knew what this show was about beforehand (which is the only reason why I gave it a shot, obviously), but was slightly put off at first by how it starts off by playing it straight with the isekai shit. Of course, it just ends up being a fantastic set-up for the reveal of how Kazuma actually died, which is such a perfect way to sell this show to people lol.

The second episode kept the laughs coming with the frog scenes. I'm really starting to see why people like this show so much.

It's just great satire through and through.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Konosuba is the anime version of Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Kazuma=Dennis
Aqua=Charlie
Darkness=Frank
Megumin=Dee

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I loved Konosuba it couldn't shine Its Always Sunny's shoes
I tried the first 3 seasons of always sunny before I gave up.
I don't think I laughed a single time during it :/
I just don't really enjoy humor that is centered around bad things happening to people whether those people are good or bad.
Like there are plenty of reasons to hate The Big Bang Theory but the top one for me was always the treatment of Raj as a character.
likely a main reason I hate Aqua as well as her character basically exists for "comedy" involving her being punished for being a bad person, though I just find her annoying in general, and whether that is the point or not doesn't mean I have to like her :P
The rest of the cast aren't great people, but the comedy around them isn't typically about them just being knocked down (well megumin is a bit but for a different definition of getting knocked down :P)

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen Michiko to Hatchin in probably 10 years.

How does it hold up? I don't remember if it's actually good or what.

It's like $20 on Amazon and I'm in the mood for something with that vibe but didn't know if it was worth it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen Michiko to Hatchin in probably 10 years.

How does it hold up? I don't remember if it's actually good or what.

It's like $20 on Amazon and I'm in the mood for something with that vibe but didn't know if it was worth it.
I enjoyed it well enough.
it had it's flaws but was a fun watch.
One of the worst anime in years. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that actually liked it enough to spend money on. Avoid.
I own it on DVD :P

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Isekai Quartet 7-11

If you are thinking "man, I wish there was more Konosuba in the world", this is it. Kazuma and co are constantly the funniest group in this show. It also just makes me want S3 already and is getting me hyped for Re:Zero S2.

Also it was nice to hear this sound again after such a long time.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 24:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this again, but the manga did all this a million times better. Kinema Citrus let me down here.

What a shame. L'Arc and Therese were more fledged out, and even had a better introduction as enemies in the manga. Better battles, better everything.

I really wanted to see that, but it seems they are following another path (separated from the light novels/manga).

Anyone else feels the same?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
English translation of the Rascal Does Not Dream movie trailer

The dying manic pixie dream girl trope does nothing for me. But then again, Rascal has always managed to make its stereotypes work well.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Girls und Antarctica 10

I don't think I had understood how profoundly damaged Yuzuki was until she tried to do what she did this ep. Dang. All ended happily though. If in tears.

I've talked enough about how tiring I find the every-episode-a-finale approach but I have to say, despite my misgivings, they really do set it up well in every episode; there's a ruthless efficiency to the use of runtime and direction that compels me throughout the episode, even if it does dissuade me from starting a second episode afterwards (I have never watched more than one episode in a row of this show so far which is very unusual).

The exploration of friendship is also fascinating. Shows about a band of friends usually have at least one childhood friend pair as a base to set up from, but I feel like A Place Further Than The Universe is a bit unique in that it's constantly calling out that this friend group just kind of happened and that this kind of friendship arising from circumstance and, in some sense, almost selfishness, is still entirely valid. It's absolutely fascinating.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Girls und Antarctica 10

I don't think I had understood how profoundly damaged Yuzuki was until she tried to do what she did this ep. Dang. All ended happily though. If in tears.

I've talked enough about how tiring I find the every-episode-a-finale approach but I have to say, despite my misgivings, they really do set it up well in every episode; there's a ruthless efficiency to the use of runtime and direction that compels me throughout the episode, even if it does dissuade me from starting a second episode afterwards (I have never watched more than one episode in a row of this show so far which is very unusual).

The exploration of friendship is also fascinating. Shows about a band of friends usually have at least one childhood friend pair as a base to set up from, but I feel like A Place Further Than The Universe is a bit unique in that it's constantly calling out that this friend group just kind of happened and that this kind of friendship arising from circumstance and, in some sense, almost selfishness, is still entirely valid. It's absolutely fascinating.
Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.