• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Overlord S1

Well, marathoned the shit out of S1 in 3 days.

The visual put me off initially which is the biggest reason why I hadn't given it a chance until peeps here recommended it.
Overall, I really like it. The characters are fun aside from you know, the head of the guardians.
Seeing Anz overpowering his enemies also hasn't gotten old yet.

The cemetary fight was probably the highlight of the season, the fight with Sheltear on the other hand was a let down.
It was basically pay to win. Plus the over reliance on world items means easy plot device.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So after 25 years I've finally started Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix.

6 episodes in and so far it's been really good! Despite its age it holds up surprisingly well.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
honestly i like moto takagi-san a lot more than regular old takagi-san

Not that I still don't like regular Takagi-san, I find myself having much more enjoyment reading moto nowadays.

I'd actually love to see an anime of that. Bonus points if it airs at the same time as a later Takagi season to mimic the manga reading experience.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I still don't like regular Takagi-san, I find myself having much more enjoyment reading moto nowadays.

I'd actually love to see an anime of that. Bonus points if it airs at the same time as a later Takagi season to mimic the manga reading experience.

takagi is a great mum and nishikata is a great (if easily flummoxed) dad

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 25

Pretty good end to this season. Certainly ended with quite the big reveal setting up the future of the series.

Interesting how L'arc and Therese didn't seem to be bound to the waves as they were present before that so I wonder if they defeated heroes in other worlds and this is the world Glass is meant to defeat. The heroes don't seem to be the reason for the waves though as when Naofumi and co. were summonend they were summoned because of the waves so its not like they were the cause of this. Gonna assume there is some more going and someone is pitting these worlds against each other.

Also am I crazy or was the person next to slaver one of the queen's spys or even herself in disguise as he was talking directly to that person and not as if that person was there on behalf of someone else

Ended up enjoying it quite a bit and really hope there will be a 2nd season.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
The Rose of Versailles 28

I was not prepared for the love triangle tragedy this episode had in store, they even went so far as to play the aptly evocative ED song midway. This is not the best thing to watch after a long and tough day but here I am. As if that wasn't enough, there's the haunting feeling around Andre losing his sight, through out the episode, he takes a turn for the worse, desparate about losing sight of Oscar. The sense of dread is being filled in with guilt over his actions while Oscar seeks to run away from what reminds her of her true self.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket 12
So Akito is terrifying.

Eva 07
Things seem to be looking up for Shinji! A mission went relatively smoothly and he realizes he has family of a sort.

Gurren Lagann 07
Continuing where I left off to have a more upbeat mecha as well. Seems like we are entering a different phase of the show with this group now forming. I guess I am easy to please since any scene where Kamina shouts lines is still pretty entertaining at this point.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Gurren Lagann 07
Continuing where I left off to have a more upbeat mecha as well. Seems like we are entering a different phase of the show with this group now forming. I guess I am easy to please since any scene where Kamina shouts lines is still pretty entertaining at this point.

You're in for one hell of a ride.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Kakegurui Spoilers

Glasses off auctioneer Rei had a dope design, not a fan of girly skirt wearing Rei at the end of ep 12

Season was a lot of fun. Great spoofing of sports anime tropes.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a bit off-topic, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen a Splatoon anime. It just feels right for an adaptation.

Then again, it is Nintendo and they are protective of their IPs.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole and Tuesday 12

Being Roddy is suffering. We stan for Angela

The pacing in this entire arc was fucking bizarre. And I would've understood it being super convoluted if it was just a device to get as many songs as possible out of it. But overall it's just a weird ass roundabout path to get to the end result.

The songs were amazing though, holy shit at both of them. Despite the path it took to get there, that was an amazing finish, I was right there with those crowd shots. So ready to get this soundtrack next month.

In the end it's probably for the best that Netflix will drop it all at once, because a lot of the issues can be erased by binge watching this.

Kakegurui Spoilers

Glasses off auctioneer Rei had a dope design, not a fan of girly skirt wearing Rei at the end of ep 12

Season was a lot of fun. Great spoofing of sports anime tropes.

Realizing what the XX stood for was a really awesome moment for me. Was also disappointed at Rei's ending design

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Carole and Tuesday 12
Them coming together was great. Both songs were great. The ending of the 1st half of the show tho felt underwhelming. There are better ways to tell this story and it seems like it continues to follow one of the blandest, safe paths.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm going to read the manga waiting for it to finish and season 3 to be made
I don't know if you know this, but Rei Batsubami is 100% an anime only creation. Rei wasn't in the manga at all. It's fascinating how they seamlessly added Rei to the events, and the anime original final gamble was much better than season 1's.

I like Kakegurui a lot.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you know this, but Rei Batsubami is 100% an anime only creation. Rei wasn't in the manga at all. It's fascinating how they seamlessly added Rei to the events, and the anime original final gamble was much better than season 1's.

I like Kakegurui a lot.
I found out there was a manga today, had no idea. Rei is a good character, i'm shocked.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me the name of the anime movie from a few years back that had something to do with the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
I remember it sounding good but now I can't find a thing about it.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Samurai Champloo 13, 14
I wasn't particularly interested until episode 14 and even then I did not expect that ending. I was fooled too, I guess.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
OPM S2 11
I keep watching this just to see if we can get at least one of these fights with semi-decent animation and we haven't gotten there yet. At least there's only one episode left in this run so I can stop being disappointed every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.