• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I guess apparently they only covered 1.5 chapters for the latest Demon Slayer episode? Cause man did it feel like a drag lol, though Zenitsu was pretty good. I still enjoy this show, but the pacing could be a little better.

Meanwhile, sad to see another season of Bungo Stray Dogs come to a close. Not as strong as season 2, but still pretty enjoyable. Dazai came back being Dazai lol, and it was a bit nice to see some payoff for Francis coming back. I sure this ain't the last of Fyodor.

Be fun to see where the Akutagawa and Atsushi stuff will go.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 21

Well that episode sure blew away all my expectations after last week! Kappard continues to be the coolest, and Cosmo's winning me over too. I love that her finisher is Ace-style, where she borrows the other Cures' powers. Hopefully it ends up doing noticeably different stuff based on the pen she uses (though none of the actual main pen attacks really do that, so probably not).

This episode actually managed to feel like the stakes were still rising at the end, which is quite rare for a Precure midseason climax. Usually it's either a soft reset to status quo, or features the Cures getting a powerup that puts them ahead of the bad guys; but here, even though the fifth ranger joined the team and another pen was recovered, because the big bad is taking the stage it feels like the Cures on the back foot and the baddies are gaining ground. It'll be a pace-killer to have a fun family fluff episode next week, but still, in the moment the tension was there.

And lastly, the new ED is 100% Not From Concentrate baby-making propaganda in a vaguely precocious way, and... I'm not sure how I feel about that! (Darn catchy tune though.)

N2HU54El.jpg

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 21

We have budget, the episode. So while the fights were all cool, Lala, Elena, and Madoka being stuck fighting mooks the entire time really brought it down. But on the bright side Kappard continued to shine. He and Hikaru really have a good rivalry going on. Hikaru wanting to help Ayewon despite her causing nothing but trouble for Blue Cat and being the one who turned herself into a monster... is a Precure thing to do I'll admit. BC already trying to help her though is too sudden. She'd be justified in wanting to just off her. So Cosmo borrows pens for her attacks. Very Ace-like. Ayewon remaining an active villain after this climax feels underwhelming. When she took BC's ship she should've fled on her own. The Princesses sure didn't hesitate to butter up the new Cure and promise her miracles. Welcome to the team Yuni. Not a total loss for the villains at least, for Darknest is finally fully awake, and with a neat design. New ed arrived much earlier than usual. Good, but first one was better.

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good. The Arrow of Orion is playing near me. *Buys ticket.*

Man it's starting to really piss me off how these Anime films aren't coming to Canada. I mean sure we got the big wider release ones but not the one day event ones like Saga of tanya the evil or this both of which I really like to see :(

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Evangelion: 1-16
I decided to watch this with my sister. Watching her go through this for the first time was fun. But also, the last time I watched this show was in Latin American Cartoon Network when I was 13 or 14. So it is amazing how incredibly different the experience of this show is as a 28 years old, listening to this in a different language. Which by the way, Japanese voice for Shinji is damn good. Main difference now, aside from the fact that I am able to follow the show way better, is that I have brought with me life experience and a developed sense of empathy. Because of that, I have this wholesale reimagination of this show going on in my mind, even if I had changed my mind on certain things about the show based on conversations and readings I partook in. It makes the show a bit more emotionally painful to watch too, haha.

Nov 1, 2017
I really hope bocchi gets a second season. If we never learn and the quintessential quintuplets can get a sequel i don't really see any reason for bocchi to not get a sequel. Are harem anime's really that popular compared to other anime's?

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I need the next six months to hurry.

? Please tell me they announced continuation ?

Kimetsu no Yaiba 13

Zenitsu proving to be the basedest character evar.

But even that part dragged on too long, the generic sob story for the villain was weak and the fight itself yet again didn't impress me. The enemy ability was an interesting concept and i doubt any but Ufotable would be able to portray it as well but it's beaten by mc's learning breathe lightly and yet another breathing form.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Zeta Gundam 3
It's not Gundam unless you're watching a loved one get brutally murdered in front of you!

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there discussion about the latest episode in the AoT season 3 thead? I want to read up the reactions to the news of season 4, but since the last episode isn't releasing until tonight I am avoiding the thread atm.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Spooky Boogiepop 16

q0tN0bg.jpg

I'm surprise I managed to follow the ending since I put it on-hold for like 2 months. Overall it was fine, I liked that the ending tied back to the first arc, though I always got the impression it wasn't the best adaptation for some reason.

ISaczDQ.jpg

Also what the fuck was this shot, really.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 63

And here I was hoping Alicia would uncover Karen's secret experimental idol factory she keeps hidden under her mansion. Karen might have gotten a sweet new performance (probably her best one yet), but this is far more an Alicia episode as she integrates back into idolhood and figures out how much of herself to expose to the world. Admitting she's a princess might make Mio's job easier, but could also present a security risk. But I guess we won't be seeing the repercussions of this admission. Still, this did more to endear her to me than any of her previous episodes.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Bokuben 12

Really, okasan? You lost BOTH your kids?

Amazing Stranger

You now you have a problem went you start hallucinating and start thinking your anime figurines want to fuck you.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan Season 3 END

Amazing season and a nice breather for the finale. started tearing up near the end, was so happy for my boy Armin. Fall 2020 is going to be great. please god give this series the final season it deserves.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Anime era, I nee your help. Which is better: Shin Cutie Honey or Cutie Honey Universe? I can only grab on this month, but idk which one. For reference, my only exposure to Cutie Honey is Cutie Honey The Live, which I loved.

shergal

Oct 25, 2017
Anime era, I nee your help. Which is better: Shin Cutie Honey or Cutie Honey Universe? I can only grab on this month, but idk which one. For reference, my only exposure to Cutie Honey is Cutie Honey The Live, which I loved.
Re:Cutie Honey is a classic even leaving the franchise aside

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gundam: Origin 10
At this point I'm surprised Sayla picked a side in this war, given all that's she's put up with in her life so far. Then again, at the point she joins the federation in 79 she lacks any other options besides the ones that cause her immediate death. Poor Sayla :(

Oct 30, 2017
Attack on Titan 59

This season felt incredibly small in scale and the back half was quite boring. The only peak AoT moments were
Erwin's charge and Levi fucking shit up
which I believe was in either both in one episode or two at the most.

I love this show's concept but it peaked in the first season and that's just the reality of it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan 59

This season felt incredibly small in scale and the back half was quite boring. The only peak AoT moments were
Erwin's charge and Levi fucking shit up
which I believe was in either both in one episode or two at the most.

I love this show's concept but it peaked in the first season and that's just the reality of it.

Not sure what to say other than literally the complete opposite lmao. Every season since has been much better than S1

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Yama no Susume 01-02

I had no idea these were three minute shorts. Came in expecting a Yuru Camp esque relaxing romp but I'm not sure what to make of something so bite sized. Good character art and animation though.

The first episode has this first person segment with 2D art and the classroom in 3D? (correct me if I'm wrong) looked good.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
SnK - 59

A wonderful conclusion to this arc and the scenes managed to elicit more emotions than the manga for me, here. Eren seeing a few more memories of Grisha, to finally see that he didn't just come to kill the Reiss family in cold blood but was completely desperate, not just for his Eldian Restorationists goal, but more so Carla, Eren, and MIkasa.

In general, I find the whole Titan memory passing makes for some really interesting scenarios. To actually see what happened from their perspective and feel the emotions of the former Titan wielder is s.th. entirely different from an outside observer.

And a final season 4 announced, wew lad. But yeh, ~24-26 episodes should work quite well with the manga likely ending in the not so distant future. But who is producing it... I hope whoever it is that there might be some slight collaboration with WIT, still. I need them incredible Imai action shots to continue!!

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I heard the main protagonist (the guy in the white hood) is supposedly based on the south and the KKK but if that's not the case then we will see how it is handled in the coming weeks.

I hope that I am wrong and it isn't like what I heard, we had enough of animes justifying slavery the last two seasons so I am really hoping that doesn't continue to this season too.
Is this just referring to Shield Hero or something else?

Oct 27, 2017
Is this just referring to Shield Hero or something else?
Yeah but we are getting another one this year about the american civil war which could go really badly (but I also heard it isn't what it sounds like and doesn't have any slavery or all that types of things, so who knows if it ends up a trashfire or not). I am hoping for the best but I can't be sure because Japan isn't the best at these things.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Yeah but we are getting another one this year about the american civil war which could go really badly (but I also heard it isn't what it sounds like and doesn't have any slavery or all that types of things, so who knows if it ends up a trashfire or not). I am hoping for the best but I can't be sure because Japan isn't the best at these things.
Cool was just curious if there was another trashy series

Me and a friend were supposed to watch through it together to see just how bad it got but we didn't get past ep 8

Oct 27, 2017
Cool was just curious if there was another trashy series

Me and a friend were supposed to watch through it together to see just how bad it got but we didn't get past ep 8
Yeah I can totally understand why you would think that. There is trash but there is also "trash".
Some trash can be fun as long as it is not offensive tone deaf garbage like Shield Hero.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Yeah I can totally understand why you would think that. There is trash but there is also "trash".
Some trash can be fun as long as it is not offensive tone deaf garbage like Shield Hero.
I absolutely love trashy stuff that's self aware (or sometimes aren't but are absurd anyway) but shield hero came off as completely genuine and it made it really hard to watch

I don't normally like to nitpick inconsistencies and plot holes either but the writing is awful too. Idk maybe it gets explained away later but I really hated shield hero

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So is Fate/ Unlimited bladeworks supposed to be better than Fate/Zero?

Because everyone has been recommending it to me for years and when I finally watched it, it was just pretty but OK.

But then I started watching Fate/Zero last night. I'm about 60% through it and I'm finding it a billion times more interesting than Unlimited BladeWorks.

Am I just weird or were my friends recommending the wrong one?

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
So is Fate/ Unlimited bladeworks supposed to be better than Fate/Zero?

Because everyone has been recommending it to me for years and when I finally watched it, it was just pretty but OK.

But then I started watching Fate/Zero last night. I'm about 60% through it and I'm finding it a billion times more interesting than Unlimited BladeWorks.

Am I just weird or were my friends recommending the wrong one?

I think most people here would agree that Fate/Zero is better. Or, in any case, that it's at least more suitable for people not already knee-deep into that franchise. Maybe you've also just come to realize that one shouldn't trust those knee-deep fate fans.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like summer season starts today. And the first show is the civil war one lol.

Edit: I just read a synopsis of what the civil war one is about. It sounds like Fairy Gone. I didn't watch that show, but they seem have the same premise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.