• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 111-118

Yukimitsu finally playing and the touchdown he made
tenor.gif

"the devil doesn't ask god for favors"
tenor.gif

Sena sending Agon's face right into the dirt
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

"Turn back the clock"
tenor.gif

holy fuck this was amazing. I legitmately thought it was setting it up for them to lose at certain points and would have some convoluted way for Shinryuji to get disqualified. Ya-fucking-Ha.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
GeGeGe no Kitaro Backbeard Arc
It's okay, but I vastly preferred it when it when the show when it was episodic, rather than this multi arc epic. None of this was as impactful to me as some of the individual episodes. Although the show tackling xenophobic attitudes during this arc was appreciated. I was happy the episode after that returned to regular programming, with rat man doing another despicable scheme.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
New thread and I'm still watching stuff from two seasons ago...

Only interested in Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, so far. The manga is great. I hope it's as good or better. I dropped Mitsuboshi Colors (same author). Didn't read that one, but was still disappointed since I thought It would be as good as Bocchi.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Carol & Tuesday worth checking out? Don't want to waste my time on yuri bait. lol

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Fate/Kitchen has a special event on the 30th of June

Not sure if OVA, sequel, or just one-off show

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gintama 74
Virus that turns you into the monobrow old man manga character. I love Gintama.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Gintama 01-05
I saw a little bit of the second live action movie on the plane back from Japan, and decided to give this a go.
These early episodes sometimes seem to be a somewhat serious action show, but I love the premise and humor.
I'll keep on this one.
I normally don't like Shonen stuff, but the humor is good, and the show doesn't really seem to care about portraying action for too long.

New thread and I'm still watching stuff from two seasons ago...

Same. I saw the title and realized that besides the second half of Run With The Wind, the Persona 5 special and a single episode of My Roomate Is a Cat, I hadn't watched anything from the Winter season yet.
Nothing looked too interesting, and I just keep watching Fall stuff still.

Oh, and Gintama.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gintama 01-05
I saw a little bit of the second live action movie on the plane back from Japan, and decided to give this a go.
These early episodes sometimes seem to be a somewhat serious action show, but I love the premise and humor.
I'll keep on this one.
I normally don't like Shonen stuff, but the humor is good, and the show doesn't really seem to care about portraying action for too long.
This is one of the rare shows that gets incrementally better as it progresses. If you're feeling it now, then you're going to love it as you continue.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Oct 25, 2017
Gintama 01-05
I'll keep on this one.

Same. I saw the title and realized that besides the second half of Run With The Wind, the Persona 5 special and a single episode of My Roomate Is a Cat, I hadn't watched anything from the Winter season yet.
Nothing looked too interesting, and I just keep watching Fall stuff still.

Oh, and Gintama.
W'z is worth watching.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man going by the new Shield Hero OP they really seem to be going far into the story of the manga.
Didn't expect that honestly.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Was Sagrada Reset a hamstrung production as well?

It's exceedingly barebones yes. Much more so than Boogie if we're being honest though weirdly enough, I'd say easier on the eye most of the time as chara & art design are just warmer, more appealing compared to Boogie's dreariness.

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Carole and Tuesday was by Watanabe. Not sure if I just missed that or if his name doesn't mean a whole lot nowadays

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
If I had to do it I was going to go with "Let's Stay Together Itsumo" :P
but alas Fruits Basket's opening song is why I know itsumo means always :P (it's a line in the original opening)
but you said you wanted a good title... so uh, can't help there lol.
I still cant find an episode commitment past that it will adapt the entire manga, including stuff cut out of the original.

The title will be fine, TY

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I still cant find an episode commitment past that it will adapt the entire manga, including stuff cut out of the original.
yeah there isn't an official episode count for it at all.
seems this first season might only be on cour, so I suppose we will see after this season where it is.
Odds are it will go through this early stuff faster than the later stuff, but if after 12 episodes we are through 3 volumes we will have an idea that it will end up around 100 episodes ect.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this will be a strong backlog season. There aren't that many shows airing. Of those, a few are promising and of those only a few will actually turn out to be good.

I don't even think its a bad thing - the industry could certainly stand to cool off.

(I'm still not going to get around to my backlog).

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Carole and Tuesday was by Watanabe. Not sure if I just missed that or if his name doesn't mean a whole lot nowadays

He's Chief Director, while the director is other guy (although talented from what I heard).

I tend not to trust OPs in regards how far into a story they'll get because I've run into too many where you never meet people that show up in the OP.

Yes, it reminded me of Tensura Slime openings which had many characters that never appeared on the first season.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Here's an official video of the song "Kiss Me" from the Carole and Tuesday opening.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Anohana 1-END
Oh fuck off anime. I haven't bawled this hard in almost a decade and that was at a funeral of a friend of mine. man, this shit got me good.

Status
Not open for further replies.