• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
it's a tweet about OPM s2 from the passssttttt!

seriously maidragon without kyoani would be nuts

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Its not a high quality show but its spectator show to follow so you can catch up the conservation its fine.
I think I will do that. Not sure when I will get around to it but I will give it another go.
i could be watching new stuff but instead i'm watching sound eupho again ep 1
god the direction on this show heals my heart. maybe i should do breakdowns except i think throxas did some hella breakdowns which are on his blog? i forget. I think his breakdowns are more band focused tho
I said I would start watching this a year ago and I still haven't started it yet. I think I need to just sit down and force my self to do it at this point.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
KyoAni not doing s2 of Maid Dragon would be really disappointing

.. but no Maid Dragon S2 obviously means KyoAni is making a Amaburi S2
JampackedSentimentalBull-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Inzauma Eleven Ares Episode 1 EngDub

Wow what an incredibly emotional start to a sports anime, first the elimination of the Backwater Junior High Soccer Club including the field demolition, than Sonny's mom dying in just 13 minutes, what even.

Valentin Eisner is best so far.

Also was totally expecting the usual voices from like BeyBLade or the cardfights. Not the usual anime folks.
tumblr_ppw53jrHBS1rwktyoo1_540.jpg
tumblr_ppw53jrHBS1rwktyoo2_540.jpg

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Stop using the monkey paw you fuckers. We now have OPM Season 2 and Maid Dragon Season 2 because of it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
JC Staff isn't even that bad, they can be decent at times.

It's just that they're super busy with like multiple shows/movies, and it shows.

Oct 25, 2017
Inazuma Eleven Ares Episode 2 EngDub

I love the special moves in this, the Demon of the Pitch, with multiple special moves, then his penguin summoning in the middle of the match was amazing.

The shower stall scene was surprising.

While the most embarrassing scene was Raimon bawling in the tokyo observation tower, junior high schoolers just doing that in public was, sad but I also kind of chuckled over it.

Fun anime.

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2

Kind of goofy episode and felt like it lost all the suspense and tension that made episode 1 provocative and emotional.

Nezuko staying as a girl in a basket is kind of unexciting and lame. I wish we could get over that plot and have her do more than be carried around during the daytime.

Would have preferred if the training to be a demon slayer took place at a school/academy instead of just at some random geezers house in the mountains.

Frictionjunction did not need Lisa.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My Roommate is a Cat Episode 11 EngDub

I always feel so bad for Subaru cause losing your parents on this trip and bearing the years and years of guilt over it, and how he's still dealing with it. Im so glad this anime didnt make it where it was something he got over quickly or would get over with, do wish he shared some of the feelings with Hiroto or someone as thats the only part I think is strange is he has no one to say or voice any of these feelings with, then again I guess I never hardly ever voice my feleings being in partially the same set of circumstances as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket Episode 2 EngDub

Kyo and Yuuki story is the best thing going on for this anime. Love seeing Kyo put into awkward situations.

More running away please.
tumblr_ppw7h5tE6D1s3it5e_540.png

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am reasonably certain this is referring to the Maidragon sequel, which ???????

it's a tweet about OPM s2 from the passssttttt!

seriously maidragon without kyoani would be nuts

Yeah, that's probably true. And considering that Kyoani was the company with more funding on the committee, it was probably their decision to not do a season 2, which if true, it has a new committee maybe with Futabasha as the manga publisher funding it.

The best company for dragon maid would be Doga Kobo.

Oct 25, 2017
Mix Episode 2

Kind of slow, wish it were more baseball focused than So and his desire to date multiple girls at the same time. Toe easily best bro hands down no questions asked.

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Episode 2 EngDub

The random dudes in this episode who said their teammates quick GBN after being defeated so badly, lol. I always loved how some people take it so seriously to do things like.

Ogre still the best, and I love Trans Am can still backfire.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Slayer 02

Objectively speaking, this is probably functional but I can't for the life for of me ignite any enthusiasm for the downtrodden revenge story and training arc right off the bat. Making the sister into a mute seems also like a sure way to rob yourself of potential dialogue and character interactions. Bring on the plot and the butterfly+yellow coat peeps.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Demon Slayer 02

Objectively speaking, this is probably functional but I can't for the life for of me ignite any enthusiasm for the downtrodden revenge story and training arc right off the bat. Making the sister into a mute seems also like a sure way to rob yourself of potential dialogue and character interactions. Bring on the plot and the butterfly+yellow coat peeps.
Just like the manga, the beginning is pretty mediocre and almost fogettable. It improves drastically later on but who knows if enough people will stick around since the start was just as meh in the manga (even I dropped it but gave it a second chance later on). I think the mangaka had a crappy editor who didn't give good feedback early on. It will hook you but down the line.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Stray Dogs S3 1
download-2.png

Now on one hand, right into my veins. On the other hand, kinda wish we got to see the regular cast before going into a flashback.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Sankarea 1-7

Start is nice, but as it goes the series falters. Rea's family problems have been put aside, and the series' focus seems to be Chihiro's relationship with his cousin. And everyone in the series seems to want those two to be a couple for some odd reason, despite being cousins... In any case, there are still some cool stuff here and there I guess and maybe it's worth finishing it.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer 02

Yes this needs to introduce a supporting cast pretty soon.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal

Simply put, one of the best animated films I've ever seen. It held me utterly transfixed for two hours, and with my (diagnosed) ADD, that's rare.

Fuck the manga author for tainting this beautiful film by association.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer 2

Still liking it. The scene with him running through the traps was pretty nice.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018

I am reasonably certain this is referring to the Maidragon sequel, which ???????

Given where the source material for Maid Dragon season 2 goes, I'm honestly OK with that getting as far away from KyoAni as possible. I just started getting real goodwill for them after Violet Evergarden.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone on the fence about Kimetsu no Yaiba at least need to hang on til best boy Inosuke gets there.

Personally I think it's amazing from the start but the series does go from strength to strength.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba actually takes off, and isnt like one of those other shows where manga readers say it will take off, and it will take off, and 20 episodes in theyre still saying it takes off, yet it never does.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Revolutionary Girl Utena 01

Man, this was a great episode. Can't really say much about it now other than that I really enjoyed it. Utena beating that guy and then Anthy changing the way she addresses him was such a good moment.

Also, I really liked some of the storyboards here. It looks great.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the songs and the soundtrack rock.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching Ergo Proxy on Hulu on my Switch while visiting my folks. A certain subset of my friends in high school really liked this anime and I can see why. It's definitely a product of its time. I feel like I should put on all my black clothes, put on some eyeliner and a studded dog collar, and put in an Evanescene CD before starting an episode. Not sure how I feel about the show overall. It's really weird and I am not really digging the artstyle. But I will say that the plot and world has at least intrigued me enough to keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.