• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Re:Zero 12-end

Overall I think I liked this. The best parts were just about everything from the start of the whale hunt to the end. Anything having to do with romance was pretty bad though.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 01

Man, this was a great episode. Can't really say much about it now other than that I really enjoyed it. Utena beating that guy and then Anthy changing the way she addresses him was such a good moment.
"Saionji-senpai" is probably the greatest burn in anime.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Kimetsu no Yaiba 02

Tanjiro's whole character design seems to be cribbing from the same design doc as every other popular shounen right now: a short kid with a slender build, poofy hair, and bigger eyes than everyone else. What I'm saying is is that you can change Shounen Jump's name into this and no one would notice a difference:
509909.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 02

Tanjiro's whole character design seems to be cribbing from the same design doc as every other popular shounen right now: a short kid with a slender build, poofy hair, and bigger eyes than everyone else. What I'm saying is is that you can change Shounen Jump's name into this and no one would notice a difference:
509909.jpg

only other ones I can think of are Izuku and Hinata.

Also have you read our new SJ lord and savior Chainsaw Man?

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 02

Tanjiro's been unfavorably compared to Midoriya Izuku.

Fortunately, Ive been unable to see how Tanjiro is comparable to Yuno or Asta.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 02

509909.jpg

I mean, aside from the fact that there's hundreds of female mc in shounen (including in shonen jump with Yonagi from Act-Age and Emma from Neverland) which already breaks this, there's many male MC that it's different going from Senku from Dr. Stone to Fushi from Fumetsu no Anata lol

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is manga dragonmaid, like, an usagi drop manga situation

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the anime is so nice except for the bits where it isn't ;____;

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a character called Ilulu and decided I'm never watching Dragon Maid

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Man, this was a great episode. Can't really say much about it now other than that I really enjoyed it. Utena beating that guy and then Anthy changing the way she addresses him was such a good moment.

Also, I really liked some of the storyboards here. It looks great.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the songs and the soundtrack rock.
Aww shit it begins. Contemplating if I should dive in yet again (It's kinda become a yearly show for me).

The first episode of Utena has to be the single episode of anime I've seen more than any other (due in part to watching the shit of the first 4 episodes from the old VHS tapes).

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

Also, I really liked some of the storyboards here. It looks great.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the songs and the soundtrack rock.
ZETTAI YUME MOKUSHIROKU

*stair climbing intensifies*

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 1

It's a shame that the attractive variable-width character art couldn't come along with anything else of value.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Sarazanmai 01

The themes of the show are more or less spoken out by the characters but what makes them interesting is how they're packaged with the lens of the modern world aesthetics with ecommerce and smartphones. It's utterly chaotic but very entertaining.

funny, cause Kappa means frog in Telugu lol

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Saga of Tanya the Evil 1-3

Should I feel bad for enjoying the hell out of this shit.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is manga dragonmaid, like, an usagi drop manga situation

No. The anime just cut some things here and there but some others remained, like Lucoa and shota thingy and some others. The overall spirit and scenes is the same as it's still wholesome but at the same time it's a manga by Cool Kyou so uh, you're going to see many things, including some things he likes to drawn that are controversial at best.

He also does hentai but some of his manga like Chichi chichi (which is basically titjob in almost every chapter lol) are pretty much one with the difference of not being serialized on a hentai magazine lol

If you're curious, those are the series he made:
https://myanimelist.net/people/25227/Cool-kyou_Shinja

Not on that level, no. There's a character that gets introduced that's extremely dodgy in the arc she's introduced in (which will probably be the first 2-3 episodes of season 2), but gets better later.

Yeah, basically it.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 11

Finally, I've missed the old op. Space tech is good. Everything to do with the Diet feels tonally out of place. Not in a bad way, but it certainly feels different from the norm. Some nice introspection with Hikaru on whether she's actually using her imagination or just following on whatever looks pretty at the moment. Seems to be both? She is too whimsical and needs to learn when to hold back, but she is capable of considering out there possibilities and exposes others to new ideas. Not bad development this early on, but they need to go further in some way. I do like how we're getting a bit of the villains' motives even now. Who took down Kappard's planet? They're not asking for sympathy, but they would appreciate it. Bakenyan remains cool. Big bad Darknest reacted to Hikaru's power-up. Hmmm. New attack is eh. Decent follow-up, but I'm not yet confident they can build on this momentum. Guess it's time for Lala to get a formal Earth identity.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 2

I'm already bailing. That was a chore to get through. I was tempted to give up half way through the episode. This week the protagonist was reluctant to kill a blood thirsty demon that had attacked hm, but had no problem launching an ax at the head of another human being a week ago? Wtf? The comedy here is all way off the mark too, like not funny at all. And, the horror wasn't hot either. There's blood and dead bodies, but the goofy design of the demon ruins the atmosphere. So far this show is all style no substance.... Anyway, not like I'm gonna stick around to see if it gets better.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba 02

Yeah, this show has one episode left to hook me before I drop it, and I am being generous.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Re:Zero 19, 20
Some very nice direction here. I actually had a "what the...?" moment at the end.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Saga of Tanya the Evil 1-3

Should I feel bad for enjoying the hell out of this shit.

what's this? you having some good taste? i kid, you getting ready for the movie?

i was just thinking that i don't like how they localized the title, even if she's an asshole, she's not evil and doesn't have any kind of grand aspirations

Oct 25, 2017
Terraformers 1-2

This show is ugly and really boring so far. Worth pushing on or no?
Only watched it cause KENN voices best boy, and his friend is great, and I read the manga since the year it started.

Otherwise it was kind of dull and forgettable and since the ongoing manga vastly surpasses what the anime covers, I'd definitely not advise continuing the anime.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Terraformers 1-2

This show is ugly and really boring so far. Worth pushing on or no?

Ova and S1 are alright takes a few episodes to get going but I enjoyed it. S2 (Revenge) I watched the first episode and dropped it because they did such radical changes to the overall tone of the series and designs and I thought it was pretty trash. No idea if that season gets any better.

Not up to date with the manga but read quite a bit of it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 880

tumblr_ppxmu8i3j01v6xsm2o1_540.gif

FOLKS ONE PIECE GOT INCREDIBLY GOOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE WATCH (you can skip the previous arc as it was dull and unimportant IMO).

SABO IS BACK WITH US! SABO!!!! and HIS SMILE for his LUFFY! It has provided light in these dark end times that we live in!

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - 09

There's a really well-told story about a guy dealing with his depression but on the other hand, all this Rozen Maiden business is entirely forgettable to me. As such, this last episode where that aspect took over was a complete bore and I'm probably not even going to finish the show. It's not just that the magical girl/puppets battle royale game isn't interesting in itself, it doesn't interweave well with the MC's story, really. Until this episode, almost all the two puppets with a lot of screentime (Shinku and Suigintou) did was bickering.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay no Terraformers. When everyone + DTL says no, it's definitely shit lol.

next random choice of anime, Digimon Adventure Tri

Oct 25, 2017
Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Episode 24 EngDub

The Dimensional Submarine's working in unison to carry the Yamato into the dive is like the coolest and most imaginative thing ever!

But wow epic and distressing episode :( Captain Hijikata, Analyzer, my heart. The most brutal was the one going "I'll make it back alive *shot in the chest before he finishes talking*"

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Wow.
People here are so down on Kimetsu no Yaiba.
I got so into it I basically burned my way through the whole manga, all of it thats been released I mean.
And the anime seems to be doing a great job so far with some excellent animation.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Wow.
People here are so down on Kimetsu no Yaiba.
I got so into it I basically burned my way through the whole manga, all of it thats been released I mean.
And the anime seems to be doing a great job so far with some excellent animation.

It's a good series don't get me wrong and I liked it when I picked it when it first started and was getting scanned several years ago, but even THEN I wasn't under any impression that this was something we haven't seen from shounen already before. Different color of paint(Japanese demon hunting in the 1920's), but still the usual tropes from a shounen. Still lots of great fun as a read though.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai 01

The themes of the show are more or less spoken out by the characters but what makes them interesting is how they're packaged with the lens of the modern world aesthetics with ecommerce and smartphones. It's utterly chaotic but very entertaining.
What makes Ikuhara's work interesting isn't just the themes he explores, but what commentary and critique he passes on those themes. The first episode of Sarazanmai has just communicated the terms of the discussion Ikuhara is looking to have - it'll be interesting to see how they're built upon and made more complicated as the series progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.