• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece Episode 881

Whats with all this recapping, did someone on staff just really want to redraw old scenes or something?

I think Im only extremely affected by this because Ive been rewatching the impel down episodes for the past few weeks.

Too bad they they skipped over drawing/reanimating the Ivakov dance and song scene :(

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 3

Still enjoying it but chill with the monologues lol

Carole & Tuesday 2

Still really good.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm only at about 560 complete anime series since I started watching anime in 2007. I need to watch more of those "classics" that I keep reading about. I only even just watched Eva a few years ago.
Love Hina - classic harem
Higurashi No Naku - classic psychological mindfuck horror
Shiki - horror classic
School Days - classic bad
Clannad - classic
Girls Bravo - classic harem comedy
Haruhi - general classic
Ghost in the Shell SAC - classic
Ghost Hunt - horror romance classic

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Banana Fish 21

I haven't seen an episode in like one month and honestly I don't really care much for this anymore, but I suppose I'll finish it.

FkS56PY.jpg

This scene doesn't really work in 2019, destroying the photos accomplishes nothing because we live in the digital age. Still, the evolution of Max and Ash's relationship is probably the only thing salvageable from this adaptation (Along with Shorter's abs, RIP and good job Utsumi).

Anyway, the episode itself is just too fast to get a good grasp of anything. The new dude voiced by discount Koyasu is a boring final boss and he's, guess what, another gay rapist who is going to try to rape Ash (Spoilers from next episode).

6OoF8so.jpg

Yay for Jessica though! I don't think she did much in the anime, but at least she had more lines than Nadia...

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 3

I am continually impressed with what Ufotable are doing here.
The subtle 3D, the excellent direction and music. Its all very good indeed.
I bet half the manga adaptions wished they got this ammount of love.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have been waiting to watch Corpse Party for years(for the right mood and time),
I finally watched it and what a let down that was.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Sarazanmai 02

Another really good episode. I really want to see how the show will deal with what we see in the end.

Also, assuming that each week we get another "item" that rhymes, what do you think it will be? (like that in the first episode it's hako and in this one it's neko).

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Sarazanmai 02

Another really good episode. I really want to see how the show will deal with what we see in the end.

Also, assuming that each week we get another "item" that rhymes, what do you think it will be? (like that in the first episode it's hako and in this one it's neko).

Team Enta here! But I think they will be friends in the end.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of it.

*checks MAL synopsis*

"One day, a girl who loves me will suddenly appear before me"—Middle school teacher Nobunaga has always been dreaming of such a gal game-like situation. However, the one who appeared before him was Kichou, a 14-year-old girl who proclaims herself as his wife. Appears to have arrived from the Sengoku era, she mistakes Nobunaga as Nobunaga Oda and urges him to conceive a child with her. Thus begins the age-difference love comedy between a gal game-loving teacher and a Sengoku era expert princess.

LMAO

How do you make it to episode 3 and then drop it. Sounds like something you either avoid as soon as you hear about it or you watch it because you enjoy trashy things like this.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hate it when people here make proper effortposts, because they make me look bad.
But it's an awesome anime.
It's OK if you like gay vampires, but the anime's first season is abyssal.

Read the manga and check out the tenth episode of the second for the best scene in the series.
I never made it far watching season one, so I'll take this advice and skip season 1 entirely (as I am not invested in the least), make up my own canon and sneak a peek by watching episode 10.

Oct 25, 2017
W'z Episode 8
tumblr_pneysesY131scr8d9o3_540.gif

I wish they did the full performance with all the visual flare, but it was nice seeing Yukiya DJ as himself instead of as W'z. Pretty epic as usual. The song always makes me want to get up and dance...

Lies all around. Even when characters finally resolve to come true they still lie. Sad for Haruka as she had the perfect chance to tell Yukiya how she felt but she left him abandoned on the roof waiting.

Koyori remains as sweet as a button as she gives Haruka the tip she needs to try to make things right.
tumblr_pneymuH8301scr8d9o3_540.gif

Also lol at the background middle schoolers.
tumblr_pneyptgRCC1scr8d9o2_540.gif

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Gio 27
D4uwe-l-WAAE9-M9e.jpg

D4uwuet-Ws-AEAm-O4.jpg

-Be weaker less powerful alternate personality of evil mob boss
-Have the ability to see the future
-See that scissors are about to come out of your throat
-Listen to boss downplay that as a "little big of damage"

FeelsLifeMan

Also this episode is fantastic, and easily the best episode of Part V so far. I think it's interesting that the episode is, for all its visual style, rather quiet at times. There's not much background music, which works well to sell the quiet isolation of this battle.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Brave Express Might Gaine - 6

jyyjuJb.png

Figured I'd get back to this since I've played through its plot in three Super Robot Wars games now. with one of those plots being a pseudo-sequel, lol.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Mentioned Shuffle (2006) a few weeks back and decided to give it a re-watch because I needed to watch something familiar and pop-corny.

It's terrible....but it's that kind of terrible that I find compelling in the weirdest way.

It's just got so many fucking turns, it starts out as a formulaic, ploddingly written harem/fan service show, then it's a drama, then it's a fan service show again...then it's a romance, then it's a melodrama. Shit's all over the place, it's kinda hilarious.

That said, I still like how it ultimately ended, it's the only harem show I can remember that actually has an "ending." A girl is selected and even if the others haven't "given up" it's clear that the MC and the girl are very much in love with each other (the fact that it's best girl is icing on the cake).

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
^Shuffle was my first entry to the Harem genre knowing it's a Harem show. Got me into the game and Visual Novel genre too, still have Aoi Nishimata and Suzuhira Hiro arts collection lying around somewhere.
Jeez it's almost 15 years ago...ahh, fond memories. Lisianthus and Nerine <3

I've seen clips of it, the motor mouth esper or something, right?
It didn't grab me then but maybe I'll give it another chance.

mod post: reminder of thread rules

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Just a reminder: you can talk about any show that is airing this season here, but you cannot mention sub groups, websites that host direct downloads or torrents, or link to or mention to any websites that help you find pirated episodes of any series.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
^Shuffle was my first entry to the Harem genre knowing it's a Harem show. Got me into the game and Visual Novel genre too, still have Aoi Nishimata and Suzuhira Hiro arts collection lying around somewhere.
Jeez it's almost 15 years ago...ahh, fond memories. Lisianthus and Nerine <3
Damn how time flies...I watched this shit my freshman year of high-school, now I'm an old ass man...

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama 3-4

I'm having so much fun with this show. I feel like I could binge watch the whole thing in one day....should go to bed now though.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I swear to god I might actually end up going to Antarctica because of A Place Further Than The Universe fueling my desire to explore there.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
A Place Further Than the Universe 6
I'm going to Singapore in two weeks so this is timely (hi duckroll)

a) ALWAYS KEEP TRACK OF YOUR GODDAMN PASSPORT

b) durian is delicious i don't know what these chicks were complaining about

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love Hina - classic harem
Higurashi No Naku - classic psychological mindfuck horror
Shiki - horror classic
School Days - classic bad
Clannad - classic
Girls Bravo - classic harem comedy
Haruhi - general classic
Ghost in the Shell SAC - classic
Ghost Hunt - horror romance classic
I watched Clannad recently the shows a masterpiece. If anyone here hasn't seen it make sure you watch it, just know that the show starts of really slow and some of the things they talk about seem dumb, hang in there it's a slow burn and know that everything builds up for the huge payoffs that happen at the end. Also the music is ridiculously good.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of... who the fuck holds the rights to sound eupho in australia? Does anyone? Shit.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I've been so off posting my anime viewing exploits, so here's a quick and shallow update; def. a low effort post:

Seasonal:
Black Clover ep. 74-79:
I had to play a little catch-up on the series through these Magical Knight "try-outs" for the elite group. Overall, it's been pretty fun and I'm enjoying seeing all the other knights in action and learn about their abilities, etc. However, it feels like they are stalling and need to get back to the main story. That and get Asta off his sister fix and just make it a love triangle with Memosa and Noelle for fun.

Philosopher's Grandson ep.2
I think it's the tone, but even though this MC is your typical OP genius kid, I'm really enjoying this show so far. Although, I can;t wait to roll my eyes heavily when he meets his first bad guy that uses perversive/$hit tactics or kidnapping the blue haired chicks to win a fight against him... It's coming, I can feel it in my bones; that stupid royal brat will hire someone to do it.

Demon Slayer ep.2-3
I'm digging this show so far and it goes without saying I love the art and animation. It's very clean and aesthetically pleasing like the Tales of Zesteria series; ufotable is great at this for sure. Story wise, it's your standard shounen; boy works hard to become something special, etc, but I'm hoping it continues to move things forward soon.

Why the hell are you here, Teacher!? ep.2
Trash, trash, trash, trash, trash....
Yup, nothing else really needs to be said..

Shoumetsu Toshi ep.2-3
I'm soooooo confused.... No really, I'm pretty confused as to wtf is going on, especially from the ending of ep.2 to what happened in ep.3.... What a trash transition.

Mix ep.3
I thought I had the brother's and their backgrounds all straightened out, but now I'm confused between Tou and Sou. Either way, the non-biological brother is going to be shipped hard with the sister as has already started, by the bio-brother, his friends and even himself. This show is enjoyable enough (even with the weird narration) that I'll probably go back and watch the first 3 episodes again to make sure I understand the family situation, and who is bio/non-bio who is the pitcher, who is the catcher, who is the play-boy and who will be shipped with the sister, etc... Regardless of all the details, I'm enjoying the show and like Cross Game the art style/animation brings me back to my childhood love for baseball.

Shield Hero ep.15
I read a bunch of complaints from the manga readers that they changed Raphi's actions here (so glad I'm an anime only watcher) but I really likes the way things turned out here, although LOL at the giant demon released was a friggen' T-Rex, like, C'mon.... When this show isn't turning a blind eye to it's problematic elements it's actually really good.

Old Shit I've been watching:

Photokano ep.1-6
Typical harem show, but with no harem? I mean, it's been completely focused on 1 character for the most part and now they are an item 6 episodes in? How is this going to work going forward?

Phanton: Requiem for Phantom ep.4-9
This just took a weird turn I wasn't expecting so soon in the show. This is either going to take a cool Bonnie & Clyde angle or it's going to seep into a him vs. her experience where they split and take sides of the splintered organization.. Regardless, the show is pretty dark artistically and tonally with everyone being miserable, evil and cold-blooded af.

Michiko to Hatchin ep. 9-11
These two ladies just can;t catch a break in their lives. You would think they could find common ground to walk together, but outside forces and their own stubborness keep them at arms length from one another. I'm hoping the evens from ep.11 start bring them closer now that they are reunited, however, I wouldn't bet money on it, lol. Overall, this is another quality show that meshes two unique personalities together as they try o find common ground on their adventure.

Escaflowne ep.1-3
I know I watched the opening episode a long time ago, but never got around to continuing, but now it's time to fully dig into this show and watch all of it. That image of the bad guy and his evil face in Hitomi's vision was hilariously bad. Anyhow, fantasy mixed with mecha mixed with some bad romance...... I can;t wait for more of this.

Hayate the Combat Butler ep.31-41
This continues to be complete nonsense, but fun nonsense, so it is a great series to check in and out of as a break between more serious shows. The "little lady/master" is adorably clueless and Hayate is pretty fun, so it's all good. Now, if only we could get a Hayate x Maria ship....

Land of the Lustrous ep.1-3
It'll probably take me a long while to get through this one, but the music is ep 3 was outstanding.

Rourouni Kenshin ep.25-30
More normal antics, from 25-28, then $hit got real in ep.29 with a bloody fight with Kenshin reverting back to his old killer self for a moment. It looks like this is a where a big arc kicks off as was mentioned here awhile ago.

I think that about covers most of it.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I watched Clannad recently the shows a masterpiece. If anyone here hasn't seen it make sure you watch it, just know that the show starts of really slow and some of the things they talk about seem dumb, hang in there it's a slow burn and know that everything builds up for the huge payoffs that happen at the end. Also the music is ridiculously good.

HAving watched the show several times, I second this post, Clannad is amazing. Watch Clannad and cry along with Clannad and become a better person because of it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Banana Fish 21

I haven't seen an episode in like one month and honestly I don't really care much for this anymore, but I suppose I'll finish it.

FkS56PY.jpg

This scene doesn't really work in 2019, destroying the photos accomplishes nothing because we live in the digital age. Still, the evolution of Max and Ash's relationship is probably the only thing salvageable from this adaptation (Along with Shorter's abs, RIP and good job Utsumi).

Anyway, the episode itself is just too fast to get a good grasp of anything. The new dude voiced by discount Koyasu is a boring final boss and he's, guess what, another gay rapist who is going to try to rape Ash (Spoilers from next episode).

6OoF8so.jpg

Yay for Jessica though! I don't think she did much in the anime, but at least she had more lines than Nadia...

I tried to shotgun this to see if it could make my AOTY list last year. After episode 14 I started reading ahead and things were just...ugh. The plotting was so goofy I couldn't stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.