• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Because a large majority of anime viewers not only have zero standards but actively like garbage.

I thought it was explicitly stated? Different mother, 'not connected to anyone', etc. That reveal was really uncomfortable to watch, but, thankfully, his family probably wouldn't care too much and little brother might actually realise that he tried to connect with him indirectly. Also, it helps that they use those blank figures for 'background characters', because the scene would have been made 10 times worse if we had to see their reactions and the like. Also interested to see where this is heading.

I think I completely botched that question. What I meant is that he was adopted into an unrelated family. See the fact that his hair is very similar to his adoptive father and his real mother made me wonder if they were siblings. This would mean that Kazuki was adopted by his uncle and would also explain why the grandfather would hold such hostility towards Kazuki's real mother. Does this make more sense?

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Shit Crunchyroll added some old school mecha like GoShogun, Baldios, and Dancouga!

YATTE YARUZE!
I love when Crunchyroll adds old anime. I wish there was a section of just the classic anime they add to the service.

Edit: It would also help if the VIEWERS ALSO LIKED section wasn't just the four most popular shonen shows on that service.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Era can someone recommend me some top tier anime I haven't seen? I'm in the mood for something funny or action based. I've seen like the first two seasons of JoJo. I think the third season introduced stands and I dropped it. Should I reconsider?

I loved FMA, brotherhood, mob, one punch and the like. I liked kaguya and am currently watching fruits basket, shield hero, demon blade and dororo.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Era can someone recommend me some top tier anime I haven't seen? I'm in the mood for something funny or action based. I've seen like the first two seasons of JoJo. I think the third season introduced stands and I dropped it. Should I reconsider?

I loved FMA, brotherhood, mob, one punch and the like. I liked kaguya and am currently watching fruits basket, shield hero, demon blade and dororo.

If you want funny AND action there's no better pick than Gintama

Funny: Konosuba is fantastic

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Sarazanmai 05

This was a hard hitting episode, despite me being sort of mentally pepared for a more eventful episode from the past. I did not expect Kazuki's secret to be found out so early and so brazenly. I guess part of this had to do with Sara's surprising 'kappa' form that cannot be captured. I'm a bit bummed at the idea of Haruka losing his ability to walk over this drama, I had assumed he had some illness but they're not overt about it. It adds up with the towering guilt Kazuki holds over himself, making him go as far as he did. This makes Kazuki's realization at the end so heavy.

The two cops have their own complications, feels along the lines of 'emotion' vs 'intellect' confrontation. Probably has to do with his artificial heart, though, I wonder what sort of 'pleasure seeking' they refer to or if it was just a general comment.

Oct 25, 2017
Top Tier Anime

Tsuritama
Kimi to Boku
Glasslip
God Eater
Morose Mononokean
Trickster
Haikyuu!!
Free!!
Dive!!
Ace of Diamond

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think I completely botched that question. What I meant is that he was adopted into an unrelated family. See the fact that his hair is very similar to his adoptive father and his real mother made me wonder if they were siblings. This would mean that Kazuki was adopted by his uncle and would also explain why the grandfather would hold such hostility towards Kazuki's real mother. Does this make more sense?
Oh, so a family member adopted him? That would make sense, given the grandfather's remarks. So they'd be cousins in truth, but functionally siblings. What wouldn't make sense, is the natural mother's remarks about her family. I may have misunderstood her, but I was under the impression that she has children, perhaps? Wouldn't it be normal for siblings to meet up every so often? So I don't entirely understand why he wouldn't have met her otherwise, if the parents are related in some way. Unless there has been some sort of drama. Which is also possible. Guess we'll find out!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
G-Reco is amazing. The space pope NOT BEING THE BAD GUY must be a record. The Space Pope is ALWAYS THE BAD GUY.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I ordered the Utena blurays now I'm feeling better financially speaking. I hope the third set include the movie or I'm going rioooot.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Thank you. Will check them out :)

+1 on the Morose Mononokean if you want a wholesome laid back show. However the manga is ongoing so the ending of the show feels a little anticlimactic.

+1 Free! Its mostly sports but it has some funny interactions. If you want something more serious and sports related I would suggest Run With the Wind (my AOTY so far)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
GioGio 29

I'll give you three guesses who's about to be turned into paste, and the first two don't count.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
JoJo: Golden Wind 29

Stands come from space? Do you know who else is in space?

Also creepy stand power.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai's repetitive animation is wearing thin for me. I really appreciated that, even though it's been common in Ikuhara shows, YuriKuma abandoned sequence after a few episodes.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Furuba 6
Some interesting subtle changes to the tone of these chapters. The Prince Yuki Fan Club are more fujoshi and less gay panic. And they cut out Shigure's excited comments about meeting high school girls. And anime-only viewers get their first glimpse of manga-only content with Tohru's story of the hat!

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stray Dogs 30:

Sooooooo good to see the whole cast together again! Hilarious episode , I find this show is at its best when it seamlessly merges comedy, drama, and action. I will never forgive this port mafia gal for making fun of tiger's bangs, unforgivable!

Jibberhack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, the latest Shield Hero. It feels like the last few episodes have been kind of rushing things? Just seems a bit disjointed.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai's repetitive animation is wearing thin for me. I really appreciated that, even though it's been common in Ikuhara shows, YuriKuma abandoned sequence after a few episodes.
Ikuhara usually abridges stock stuff after a few episodes in, and it is getting abridged. A lot of the kappa zombie fight stuff was cut down in this episode.

He hasn't touched the otter song yet though. And I can't really blame him. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to cut any of it either.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ikuhara usually abridges stock stuff after a few episodes in, and it is getting abridged. A lot of the kappa zombie fight stuff was cut down in this episode.

He hasn't touched the otter song yet though. And I can't really blame him. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to cut any of it either.

I was sad when I realized the kappa zombie is still around so no dance next episode.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket 4-6

This show is so cozy. I feel like each episode just flies by as well. Definitely my most anticipated show every week this season.

I love how all mixed characters in anime always introduce themselves as mixed, like its a requirement.

Goth best friend is the best.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Is it worth watching the Original Fruits Basket if I'm watching the new one? and where can I find the dub for the new one?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Is it worth watching the Original Fruits Basket if I'm watching the new one? and where can I find the dub for the new one?
Dub is on Funimation. Personally, I would stick with this one as its going to be the more faithful adaptation. But the original has more comedy of that's your thing.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The gags and comedic timing in Hitori Bocchi are soooooo good. Another hilarious episode. I'm still laughing over last week's "GOD DAMN" by Aru.

Wah ha ha

Oct 25, 2017
I just started watching Demon Slayer the other day and have seen the first 4 episodes now. Holy crap, this show is amazing -- the animation is absolutely incredible! I am not familiar with ufotable.. should I check out their show Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu ? It is clear they can animate sword fighting well and it looks like that applies there.
Ufotable SwordBoys was the superior sword boys anime, my Yamanbagiri Kunihiro was the best (the other Sword Boys was just plain goofy, and only liked it when my bestboy was on screen tbh).

But Ufotable fighting the demons that travel through time was amazing also all the little time mascots.

Other favorite Ufotable is God Eater, cause God Eater is the best JPN property of all time since, you know, Golden Sun. Utsugi Lenka was the best.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I had to give up on Gunjou no Magmel. I was waiting on the switch to flip and it to go from boring to great, but it never did. The lead character is about as interesting as loose leaf paper.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Sarazanmai 05

Great episode. I didn't quite understand what happened in the car part with Haruka. Why did he beg Kazuki and cry? It wasn't explicitly said obviously but my guess from what we saw is that Kazuki wanted to go and live with his mother. I might be completely off though.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Sarazanmai 05

Great episode. I didn't quite understand what happened in the car part with Haruka. Why did he beg Kazuki and cry? It wasn't explicitly said obviously but my guess from what we saw is that Kazuki wanted to go and live with his mother. I might be completely off though.

I believe Haruka wanted to go with him to where he was going (send off his real mother) but Kazuki did not want them to meet. Why Haruka was soo dedicated to going is something I either missed or is not mentioned.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I believe Haruka wanted to go with him to where he was going (send off his real mother) but Kazuki did not want them to meet. Why Haruka was soo dedicated to going is something I either missed or is not mentioned.
Then it begs the question of how he learned of it if Kazuki told his mother to keep it a secret and why did Haruka tell Kazuki to not leave him if it's just sending off his mother.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought haru was afraid kazu was going to live with his mom when he was only going to just send her off. Instead of clearing things up, kazu allowed miss understanding to find her way in and lead to this drama. Haru loves his brother so much he doesnt wanna be apart from him.

I dont think haru didnt want them to meet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.