• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
076d792a6dc90399a50d4d83f6f65762e81b5724_hq.gif

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I thought haru was afraid kazu was going to live with his mom when he was only going to just send her off. Instead of clearing things up, kazu allowed miss understanding to find her way in and lead to this drama. Haru loves his brother so much he doesnt wanna be apart from him.

I dont think haru didnt want them to meet though.

I think you are right, however why does he know that's where he's going? Did Kazu tell him? That I think is not explained.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Miru Tights is officially on Youtube with English subtitles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0FslXX6TgIM4OYiB0ji2g

Miru Tights 1

I don't know what I expected lol.

Demon Slayer 6

Imouto kick! Another good episode. I kinda wish she didn't need hypnosis to protect humans though. Would have been nice if she did that on her own.

We Never Learn 6

Was laughing the whole time. The part where all the girls come into the office to defend their tutor only to make him look worse killed me.

I started watching Quintessential Quintuplets because people say it's similar to We Never Learn. It is, but it has more drama while WNL has more comedy. I like both.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Demon Slayer Episode 6:

Nice to see sister demon actually do things for a change, aseptically considering they literally stuffed her into a box this episode.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fairy Gone is way better than this thread has given it credit. It's not "great", but it's an enjoyable watch from week to week.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Bungou Stray Dogs 30
MZvTVvd.jpg

<3
Another great ep. Feel like it managed to really seamlessly mix the recap of relevant parts of the past season, the introduction of the new character and some actual if slight plot progression into the character respite moments and comedic hijinks this ep was focused on. Truly the best shounen.

It's shounen to me goddammit.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People I follow on Twitter using the Genderswap filter on Snapshot looking like

When I use it.
Tenko_Hijikata(Toushirou).png

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 05

I don't remember if they mentioned it before this episode, but OF COURSE Ertegun is an AI.

Also I'm not falling for your happy vibe bs, the brother called the cops (or whatever people he needed to call) didn't he.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 05

I don't remember if they mentioned it before this episode, but OF COURSE Ertegun is an AI.

Also I'm not falling for your happy vibe bs, the brother called the cops (or whatever people he needed to call) didn't he.

I don't think Ertegun's an AI—he just uses an AI, developed by Roddy, in music production. Roddy talks about it a bit in episode 2 - before the Loneliest Girl performance - if I remember right.

Also I'm gonna be super surprised if Tuesday's bro snitched on her right after walking out of the show. He might later, if their mum pressures him, but right now I think he's on Tuesday's side.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Wings of Rean 01

Pretty wild start. Japanese teens committing terrorism against American occupation, only to be interrupted by fantasy battleships from another world, and then subsequently dragged along with them when they go back. With only six episodes, I wonder how things will turn out for this.

And I shouldn't even be surprised by Tomino names anymore, but then here comes Asap Suzuki.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Fruits Basket 6
Tohru continues to be too good for this world. Forgot about the whole hat business (or was that cut from the first anime?), but I definitely remember Yuki in a dress.

Gio 29
The stuff with the arrow is clearly something made up on the spot help deal with King Crimson, at least Araki was smart enough to put in the whole bit about how they can't reveal that info to anyone ever. Green Day seems interesting and the doctor/patient combo seem like a nice flavor of psychotic.

One Piece filling for time
Or not. I watched 883 and 884, coming within the expectations that the next year would be nothing but recaps for the sake of the audience, but the preview makes it seems like they are still sticking closer to a chapter an episode. The Sabo recap was nice with a few added scenes and Stelly being shown as the absolute worthless ass he is was great. Also cool to see the Alabasta arc again...which feels like ages ago.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Fate/Apocrypha 6

What a great ep. Mordred's past only made him more likeable. Love how the Necromancer dude fights too and the bit where Jack sneaks up on him was the good stuff. Whoever designed Jack needs to go to jail though.

Ingress 5
Ug7QwEal.jpg

Glad the villain could be all villainy this ep.

So Ingress exists in this world as a game for real but it's because someone compromised the secret world shit to make a game out of it lmao

I do appreciate the protag's dumb anime power being given some sort of grounding in the setting though.

Ueno-san 4

Oh good they're finally going to show the cute little dog in the OP.

Oh.

Oh no

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family 3

Please make this the official Fate timeline so we can enjoy cooking anime in perpetuity.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 15

xSSpPoPl.jpg

No. No I am not. (Yet.)

Great episode. The pacing was kinda frantic at the start and end, but the direction hit the mark perfectly in the visual comedy department.
I really appreciated seeing Canto Bight Planet Moolah, since all the alien planets we've seen so far have been so greatly removed from human culture that we were overdue for a relatable one... Well, as relatable as "lawless rich people planet" can be, but you understand what I mean. It gives me hope that we'll see Samaan eventually, and for more than the tiny bits of time we spent on, say, Hime's homeland in HaCha.
Star Twinkle has also been doing a great job of establishing -- and not letting up on -- the fact that there are agents in this world outside of our heroes. People who aren't Precure still do things when we're not looking at them. Not all of the pens land in Japan, or even on Earth, and other people want them for their own reasons even when they're not supervillains. Stuff like that's pretty cool.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Star Twinkle Precure 15

Star Twinkle has peaked. We're never getting anything better than this. No time to waste on Earth. Immediately off to a gambling planet for out middle school heroines to partake in a legally questionable auction featuring many of the galaxy's biggest celebrities and possibly crime lords. So much world building crammed into this episode as well with what's considered valuable. And some casual genocide with one planet having all its people being turned to stone apparently. That got dark quick. Wonder if this will be addressed at all. It's just great to see a proper society of aliens for once. Plus a bit more backstory for Prunce. He may not be the most developed fairy companion, but he's been genuine and entertaining thus far. Art felt more on point than usual.

But onto the two stars of this episode. It's kind of a Madoka episode, but more about space shenanigans, which is why it's her turn next week. But she shined well knowing how to bluff/scam a herd of aliens so much richer than her. Convenient that the one alien had the right taste buds for donuts, but who cares. And then Mao, our space cat idol phantom thief. She's got connections somewhere given that she knew both the Precure and the villains, and it's very conspicuous that Bakanyan wasn't with Ayewon this time. Clever, smug, and lots of style. Can't wait to pretend to be shocked when she joins the team. Good fight between her and Selene too. More of this please Star Twinkle. I need all the space nonsense I can get.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Detective Pikachu

Well, they weren't kidding about Ryan Reynolds Pikachu being hilarious. He pretty much makes the movie to the point that I'd almost excuse that dumb story. I mean, I did expect a ridiculous story but this still needed to tone down a bit. The storytelling is hit and miss, I appreciate that the more serious moments aren't undercut by some dumb humor like most Marvel movies, they're earnest about it. Other times, the character motivations and developments don't feel that compelling. If you're okay with that, the rest is fan service galore.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, Demon Slayer's OST and sound design is great. Love the sound effects, especially the ambient noise. The OST of course is a banger.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Sarazanmai 5

Oof, right in the feels this one, finding out the extent of Harukas accident really helped add alot of depth and weight to the series.

Demon Slayer 5 & 6

Enjoying this a lot now, the score, sound design and directing have all been on point the last few episodes, I also enjoyed the interactions between Tanjiro and his sensei as well, especially when they were saying their goodbyes, this and Sarazanmai I think are really coming together quite nicely.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
AoT - 52

Better directed than last episode but, a few nice shots aside, the rushed production is still quite apparent. So disappointed in WIT and/or the usual anime industry struggles. This season should've been a banger throughout but alas, 2 episodes in we have 5 animation directors and 3 episodes in even 6. I don't even know how the employees handle the stress of the crazy schedules and being basically permanently in a rush.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
AoT - 52

Better directed than last episode but, a few nice shots aside, the rushed production is still quite apparent. So disappointed in WIT and/or the usual anime industry struggles. This season should've been a banger throughout but alas, 2 episodes in we have 5 animation directors and 3 episodes in even 6. I don't even know how the employees handle the stress of the crazy schedules and being basically permanently in a rush.
As a manga reader I really enjoyed the episode and had almost no problems with it but I can see where you're coming from. I'm really sorry for the animators at WIT who have to push out the episodes under these conditions.

Oct 25, 2017
AoT - 52

In terms of number of animation directors, that's not any different than what's always been the norm for the anime series. I agree that it's unfortunate that the production has to be like that. In an ideal world there would never be more than 1 animation director on an episode.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Robihachi 5

So this exists in the same universe as Binan? Regardless, it's really mediocre so far, I'm pretty tired of Robi bitching every episode about something.

i don't know why i'm still watching it, after the first 2 episodes i thought maybe this will turn into mecha double decker but it's honestly as far as it can get away from that

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of number of animation directors, that's not any different than what's always been the norm for the anime series. I agree that it's unfortunate that the production has to be like that. In an ideal world there would never be more than 1 animation director on an episode.

Aye, AoT production has always been a mess. I'd imagine S2 episodes 1-7 benefit from the better AoT production schedules but even that season got rough afterward.

I just can't believe they can sustain this level of stressful production. I mean, maybe the other anime productions of WIT aren't quite as bad but I doubt it.

Why do the studio heads agree to take on so many productions? Is it as simple of an answer that they're just about always in financially dire straights?

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, AoT production has always been a mess. I'd imagine S2 episodes 1-7 benefit from the better AoT production schedules but even that season got rough afterward.

I just can't believe they can sustain this level of stressful production. I mean, maybe the other anime productions of WIT aren't quite as bad but I doubt it.

Why do the studio heads agree to take on so many productions? Is it as simple of an answer that they're just about always in financially dire straights?

I think there is concern from individual studio leaders about not being able to get enough work to keep the lights on, hence this statement from J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura: "However, both me and [BONES president] Minami-san know the situation when there's no work offers coming from the industry. Therefore, there's a fear of having no work for your staff." (Of course, Minami points out immediately afterwards that they're currently in the opposite situation.)

But as important as the workload of an individual studio is to production health, there are other factors at play too. The biggest problem, I think, is that there are not enough capable animators working in the industry to cover the needs of the large output of anime being made. (This has resulted in heavier recruitment of international animators through the Internet to help compensate in resource-strapped productions such as Black Clover.) Even if a particular studio doesn't have much on their plate, since in most cases it is competing for freelancers with the rest of the anime industry, it can struggle to find animators who have the time to work on their production. See director Shin Itagaki's thoughts about the shortage of animation directors. "Itagaki stated that when "animation breakdown" happens, it is usually not because of negligence from the production assistants or because the storyboards were finished too late, but because the smaller/mid-sized production company had lost out to a bigger company in the "war for animation directors." In other words, the production has no choice but to leave bad animation as it is."

Also, there are a number of situations in which a production collapse isn't the inevitable result of a lack of resources but the result of bad management. That's what seems to have been the case in the infamous implosion of Märchen Mädchen, for which the main blame was laid at the feet of the leadership of Hoods Entertainment. Making anime is a complicated process involving a lot of different divisions and people, and if there aren't talented managers at the center of a production making some sense of the madness, things can fall apart easily due to a number of reasons. It's fair to say that Wit Studio isn't known for having excellent management - even while it was still a substudio of Production I.G, it was known for its poorly planned projects such as Psychopass. So, in Titan's case, I think the problem is less that the studio has taken on too many projects and more that it simply isn't being managed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.