• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to some "Your Lie in April" music and I almost shed tears. Someone spoiled it for me a while back, but I still might give it a watch one of these days.

Oct 25, 2017
She was basically asking for it (though didn't know it)
unknown.png

I know that, I should have forgot to add "/s" in sentence.

But still, she's useless. :P

Oct 25, 2017
Ace of Diamond Act II 10

lol I still get really weak at the Okumura Sawamura scene and Sawamura just having no way to deal with Okumura, Seto really should have been there while Asada is just trying to deal.

I still love the drama that the 2nd years like Toujou and Kanemaru have to still fight for their positions, nice hitting.

Also, Teito FTW.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Digimon Adventure tri 22-26 (Future)

Well....that sure was something lol.

Most accurate review of this show:
Pros- You get to hear Butterfly and Brave Heart a lot.
Cons- The story sucks.

I don't even know what else to say about this anymore. The whole thing was baffling.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Digimon Adventure tri 22-26 (Future)

Well....that sure was something lol.

Most accurate review of this show:
Pros- You get to hear Butterfly and Brave Heart a lot.
Cons- The story sucks.

I don't even know what else to say about this anymore. The whole thing was baffling.

Welcome to the fold brother. It scares me to know they are working on a movie to follow this, just can't bring myself to trust them.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
if you haven't seen it go watch it

also Your Name will be hitting Funimation to stream later this month

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Just listened to some "Your Lie in April" music and I almost shed tears. Someone spoiled it for me a while back, but I still might give it a watch one of these days.

It's definitely worth a watch and yeah, the OST is remarkable in the show.

Land of the Lustrous ep.1-END
I just finished watching this one the other night and I'll admit that it was a decent watch with an interesting plot line, but I'm not seeing the reason for the universal, heralded love it get here. I appreciate that is wasn't an ecchi, meta mess, but, I always try to put emotional depth into characters and Phos' plight of her existence and transformation trough out the show continually removed the emotional aspect of her through her forgotten memories and her general flippant attitude towards the end of the season.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
March comes in like a lion subtle transition to a romance story is giving me the most heartwarming experience in a long time.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
So I just finished up with Ingress - this short series on Netflix that's apaprently based on a mobile game. It was fun and ephemeral, but I noticed that the subtitle translations were total rubbish. Far too often they were egregiously liberal translative intrepretations when the actual words the characters were saying were easy enough to translate directly. It's been a while since I watched a series on Netflix, but are all their translations this bad?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
March comes in like a lion subtle transition to a romance story is giving me the most heartwarming experience in a long time.

Rei x Hina or Rei x Akari? I could go either way ya know...

you can tell it's Rei x Hina because of the mutual admiration and appreciation for each other that goes beyond the doting sister act that Akari gives Rei

That powerful kitchen scene with Rei x Akari is still one of the most "impactful" scenes in the show.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rei x Hina or Rei x Akari? I could go either way ya know...

you can tell it's Rei x Hina because of the mutual admiration and appreciation for each other that goes beyond the doting sister act that Akari gives Rei

That powerful kitchen scene with Rei x Akari is still one of the most "impactful" scenes in the show.

Rei x Hina, yes. Even if Rei is not vocalizing "I love her" (but "I want be loyal to her" is so close omg), his action are shouting so loud.

Thank god I will have Chihayafuru this fall, but still, I will wish so hard Sangatsu gets a new season soon lol

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Rei x Hina, yes. Even if Rei is not vocalizing "I love her" (but "I want be loyal to her" is so close omg), his action are shouting so loud.

Thank god I will have Chihayafuru this fall, but still, I will wish so hard Sangatsu gets a new season soon lol

For sure. I'm really interested in how that triangle is going to work out. I mean, poor Taichi is the casted "Childhood friend" through the first two seasons, so you already know how things are going to turn out for him...

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's been a while since I watched a series on Netflix, but are all their translations this bad?
It is a known problem, and it goes back with anime studios being responsible to provide a dub and subtitles to anime, and not Netflix. Only last year was a white list created on what dubbing studios can be used for anime, as anime studios were repeatedly going towards the cheapest option.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
what have you done funimation? (if you click the tweet you can vote in the first 6 match ups)

(it will be fun to watch the meltdowns when Rem stands alone on top once again.)

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
It is a known problem, and it goes back with anime studios being responsible to provide a dub and subtitles to anime, and not Netflix. Only last year was a white list created on what dubbing studios can be used for anime, as anime studios were repeatedly going towards the cheapest option.

That's interesting thanks for the info. I get that they may need a bit of license for dubs, but subs should be as 1:1 as they can make it. It's so weird hearing characters say dialogue you know is completely different than what's written below. Some of this is translation theory though, and probably bothers me more than others because I tend to be a bit of a literalist on this topic.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
what have you done funimation? (if you click the tweet you can vote in the first 6 match ups)

(it will be fun to watch the meltdowns when Rem stands alone on top once again.)

Calling it now.

The Finals is going to be

Albedo v. Megumin v. Rem

Albedo's gonna get crushed, but I honestly don't know whether is going to be Rem or Megumin.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Kenja no Mago 09
Did....did i really just witness an Isekai protagonist who got together with the girl he fell in love with, they went to her parents and got engaged and had a party and everything? And then he gave her a ring?

Oct 25, 2017
Rising of the Shield Hero Episode 20 EngDub

Definitive proof that the bonds of friendship prevail over everything. Loved you Motoyasu and Naofumi combi attacks, and then Naofumi with the ultimate moves. Also loved that we didnt have a pointless segue with a berserk mode Shield Hero versus the others to drag things out.

Really epic episode and wonderful dub.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Rise of the Incel Hero 22

L'Arc!!!!! *Fanboy squeeeal*

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
The Rose of Versailles 22-23

I looked up the actual events of the Affair of the Diamond Necklace and it is pretty close. Jeanne is truly relentless and this is one hell of an incident even if people were upset as it is.

The framing around Marie Antoinette's innocence and charm is held by Oscar and that shows well though not one I agree, the dominant framing despite scenes of her mother's lamenting over her avoiding her duties as a Queen. The reality is of course more complex with the Nobility shrouding the Royal family's perspective but now they're siding with the peoples over their petty issues, not because they actually care about the people in the slums and peasants. In the end, the status quo was not really going to change.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit rie kugiyama is coming to sydney for smash. damn, that takes me back.

i might go home and get my copy of toradora...

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 22

Actually a bonus xp island lol. New characters seem cool wonder if they are adventurers or one of them is even a hero who got summoned because Melromarc summoned all 4 Cardinal Heroes

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finished March comes in like a lion 2nd. season. Now I will have time to play Persona Q2 in my free time.

Bob-cut Hina is the best.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Carole and Tuesday Episode 9:

Oh fuck me sideways they are totally moving in the direction I did not want with Cybelle beat for fucking beat. Also, The Mermaid Sisters were robbed.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now.

The Finals is going to be

Albedo v. Megumin v. Rem

Albedo's gonna get crushed, but I honestly don't know whether is going to be Rem or Megumin.
It would be Megumin if we had a few more seasons of Konosuba to get her content from volume 9+, or even just the upcoming film (volume 5).

But we don't so it'll just be Rem running away with it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 09

Shame about Cybelle's character, was hoping they wouldn't go the completely predictable route.
Also a shame about the Mermaid Sisters, they should've got to finish.

Props to this show for giving me these Eurovision vibes going "Did we watch the same performance? What's wrong with y'all"

I'm so damn hype for Pyotr vs C+T

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 22

There is something fucking hilarious about them going to a fucking bonus XP island. Don't grind too hard or the rest of the journey won't be a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.