• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 9
Am I wrong/crazy to feel a bit bothered by the Mermaid sisters statement? Seemed like me a mockery to trans people like you see with alt-right using things like "My gender is a car and I identify with a helicopter".

Maybe it's nothing but I felt that when watching. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Sarazanmai Episode 9

Well that was dark and sad, Toi and Kazuki can bond through their shared traumatic experiences with those closest to them.

Also glad Kazuki finally remembered Toi, just needed that boost start.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Carole and Tuesday 9
Mermaid Sisters got robbed.

Can't wait for creepy stalker to do something drastic to Tuesday that ends up derailing the tournament arc.
Carole & Tuesday 9
Am I wrong/crazy to feel a bit bothered by the Mermaid sisters statement? Seemed like me a mockery to trans people like you see with alt-right using things like "My gender is a car and I identify with a helicopter".

Maybe it's nothing but I felt that when watching. lol
I got more of a negative reaction from the judges in how they couldn't deal with them and ended up cutting their song short because they were "offensive." Then again, the whole sequence was played for shock value more than anything else and Japan isn't known for being progressive when it comes to the LBGTQ community.

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 09

Something here bothered me. It feels like there is a big gap between what we as the viewers are supposed to feel and what the audience in the anime are feeling - when Angela's song was over, there was that common anime thing where we see that the audience is in a trance and then suddenly return to their senses and here I ask myself, was it really that impressive? All we heard was some catchy pop song that was ok I guess and a performance which is just fine. Now, I get (or at least it feels natural for me to think so) that it's harder to make the enchanting, mesmerizing feeling to be real when it's about singing, especially with these kind of pop songs that even this show knows are just AI "fast food" music designed to sold to the masses. In shows like Your Lie in April for example, it seems much easier to make it feel really that good when you have some famous classical music, but here it just doesn't feel like that. It honestly took me out of the moment for the entire song.

Anyway, the Mermaid Sisters are great, Cybelle is horrible and the AI judge's jokes about being an AI are getting old real fast.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Sarazanmai 9

That was an incredible episode. It's rare that a show can have characters so strong that every shot feels completely earned. Kazuki gets to finally open his eyes about how much he's loved and how close he is of loosing everything. Enta while not safe, at the very least has been given a chance to tell Kazuki how he feels.It is nice that we are given a palpable backstory for why Enta would be so protective of Kazuki, His connection gave him the strength and support to endure his return to Japan, couple that with his feelings for him this young and that's a recipe for possesiveness. Toi, as I suspected, continues to have to experience what it means to disconnect, but now he can choose to connect on his own terms. Reo will now have to fight to get his desires as he is unable to build a new connection with roboMabu.

It's insane that this show can literally make me cry and turn on a dime to make burst out in laughter. Sara continues to be a very troubling character, but maybe she's actually good???? This is powerful stuff definitely in my top 3 contenders for AOTY.

Oct 25, 2017
Carole and Tuesday introducing new trans characters to dunk on cuz they didnt have enough and then doubling down on lesbian stalker is pretty yikes my dude

Shows pretty bad

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 09

I am officially now here for public mystic and apparent attainer of nirodha-samapatti GGK.

Cybelle absolutely had the best song. Though 'Angela' is incredibly talented on an technical level.

Last edited:

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Garfunkel and Oates on Mars 09

Honestly Cybelle should have won. When listening to Angela I was only thinking if I heard this song on the radio or not. I guess that's what happens when you let algorithms create music.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Carole and Tuesday introducing new trans characters to dunk on cuz they didnt have enough and then doubling down on lesbian stalker is pretty yikes my dude

Shows pretty bad

It's... idk. I think they're going for some kind of future pastiche by sampling from various cultures, but some of it is really not fully thought out. Like how can future Mars society not know about nonbinary identities? It's frustrating, because previously representation was good. Carole is a good character, and their manager's ex wife presented a realistic 'future' attitude about queerness. I'm kind of inclined to see it as a failure of ambition, if that makes sense? But I also probably lack some sensitivity, in that a pattern (of focused/deliberate ill-will or mockery) hasn't entirely leapt out at me yet. Though I'm going to be looking more closely for it from now on lol. Right now it's mostly just weird/confusing/not landing for me.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Sarazanmai Episode 9:

I get what they were going for but yea not really feeling sorry for the affirmed gangster who killed people.

I don't think we are supposed to feel bad for him. He died as he lived , by the end it's clear a part of him has been corrupted beyond repair. We should feel bad for the demise of the good man that he used to be, the man Toi truly lost long ago, not the husk left . If anything most of the pity was for Toi having to disconnect in such a brutal way, at least he know in the end his brother always loved him.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sarazanmai Episode 09:

That left me speechless. All of the boys are so different and treated so respectfully. In the entirety of the show so far, at moments it perhaps does lean into the inter /intra personal drama to a degree that might be accused of being slightly 'melodramatic', but despite that, Ikuhara has, for me, pulled of a pretty incredible feat of realism within his decided magical realism. I care so much what happens to these boys lol. Also, Toi is my fav, and no one can tell me that Sara is not a (gay) style icon. That shrine maiden meets chic magical girl look is everything.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gundam: Origin 6
So, I'm pretty sure they just implied Char started the One Year War. That's messed up. Dozle looks so much older than Zenna here but apparently it's only a 5 year difference? Still weird to ask your (ex) student to straight up marry you.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Gundam: Origin 6
So, I'm pretty sure they just implied Char started the One Year War. That's messed up. Dozle looks so much older than Zenna here but apparently it's only a 5 year difference? Still weird to ask your (ex) student to straight up marry you.
Char has long been established as a very shady character. What surprised me more was Revil's refusal to solve the conflict through peace talks and going for an exemplary war to teach spacenoids a lesson. I guess colonialism is one hell of a drug. The Zabis deserved to be hanged, the population of both Earth and the space colonies didn't deserve what followed.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Finished S1 of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru and halfway through S2. Went in completely blind thinking it would be a nice relaxing romcom, but not such a heavy emotional one. Totsuka and Hikki are so adorable together 😍 Also the relationship between Hikki and Komachi is refreshing and honest.

Just listened to some "Your Lie in April" music and I almost shed tears. Someone spoiled it for me a while back, but I still might give it a watch one of these days.
I mean you can figure out what will happen eventually pretty early on. You will shed tears even if you know what happen.
March comes in like a lion subtle transition to a romance story is giving me the most heartwarming experience in a long time.
I guess i have to start watching this now :P

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 09

It's a little annoying to me that they've had multiple artists with goofy/terrible personalities but then they bust out a pretty good song. If they're doing it to subvert expectations, they should probably chill with it.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
The Rose of Versailles 24

I have not been so infuriated at someone in a while as much as I am at Madame Polignac. I did not think even she would stoop to underhanded methods to get Rosalie to live with her and accept her as a mother. Is she even a human being. It's fucking disgusting. Rosalie's departure was a very emotional moment as a result.

It's easy to make a pun around Jeanne's exit but I'm not really tempted to do so. In the end, she did not care about anything anymore. It's rather irresponsible given she went so far as to write books to spread a false story but much like many characters in the show she only sought a life much bigger than what she had but never beyond herself. Though in her case, it's not all about a pompous life but one that was to be remembered which is why she stood out.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
woot having a hidive sub is actually going to matter to me next month

i've been subbed for like a year and have only streamed like 30 episodes.
likely doesn't help that I basically own the entire catalog physically lol.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll just put out those stats for May 2019

top-10-countries-most-consumed-by-user.png.jpg

top-20-total-titles.png.jpg

More on the link below

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how India cracks the top 10 there. Anime is pretty big there but the CR selection in India was pretty terrible during my trip.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Figure this would be as good a place as any.

Netflix anime - I noticed A Silent Voice popped up and was curious what other new series might've been added that I hadn't noticed. There's like a half dozen news sites saying that Anohana was supposed to be added on June 1st but it's not up, and I can't find any information one way or the other past that. Does anyone know what's up?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Apparently crunchyroll is down again after being down for about an hour at about the same time yesterday.

Quite annoying. I really want to catch up on JoJo.

edit:it's back up now. Hopefully this isn't a regular thing.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 09

Something here bothered me. It feels like there is a big gap between what we as the viewers are supposed to feel and what the audience in the anime are feeling - when Angela's song was over, there was that common anime thing where we see that the audience is in a trance and then suddenly return to their senses and here I ask myself, was it really that impressive? All we heard was some catchy pop song that was ok I guess and a performance which is just fine. Now, I get (or at least it feels natural for me to think so) that it's harder to make the enchanting, mesmerizing feeling to be real when it's about singing, especially with these kind of pop songs that even this show knows are just AI "fast food" music designed to sold to the masses. In shows like Your Lie in April for example, it seems much easier to make it feel really that good when you have some famous classical music, but here it just doesn't feel like that. It honestly took me out of the moment for the entire song.

Anyway, the Mermaid Sisters are great, Cybelle is horrible and the AI judge's jokes about being an AI are getting old real fast.

This is why I stopped watching Eurovision

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Furuba 10

Was worth the wait. I can't remember if the old show had this stuff with Shigure. It's finally good to get a glimpse of his real character and motivation. Great scene with Kyo and Tohru as well.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Stray Dogs 34:

This guy is not messing around. Kids as meat shields? Oof. Liked the way the second act infiltration played out. Look forward to see how this develops.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone post here about Fruits Basket having 63 episodes? It was confirmed by a VA.

We already knew that this one out now would be the first season by the title but now it's confirmed that it's going to be 63 episodes in total so it depends on how much will be on a season. This guy thinks that it's going to be 25 on season 1, 25 on season 2 and 13 on season 3. Of course, it'll adapt everything.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if I can last 63 episodes. I'm already nearing the end of my patience with this show. There have already been so many questionable scenes and lines. The latest being:

- Kyo running into a forest and looking vulnerable so that Ms Obvious can come to the rescue
- That 'cut the commentary' line. Really?? A historically violent girl who wants to force a relationship between herself and someone who is clearly not willing makes another remark about the importance of Valentine's Day (clearly insinuating her supposed relationship with Kyo), but when she gets rebuffed Kyo's the one who gets reprimanded and he tolerates the disapproval??? Is this show seriously excusing (making light of) harassment? But in this case it's a girl who's doing it, so it's not only okay but also humorous?
- The forced double date bEcaUse ToHru wAntS tO
- Shigure's 'dirty hands' (how dramatic)

I think I'll just drop it now.

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone post here about Fruits Basket having 63 episodes? It was confirmed by a VA.

We already knew that this one out now would be the first season by the title but now it's confirmed that it's going to be 63 episodes in total so it depends on how much will be on a season. This guy thinks that it's going to be 25 on season 1, 25 on season 2 and 13 on season 3. Of course, it'll adapt everything.
Who says it isnt just going straight through 63 with no seasonal cutoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.