• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Glad you're enjoying it. It only gets better from here on out.

giphy.gif

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unknown, the thing is Sk8 was or is a highly technical passion project that apparently had quite the crunch on it. Point being this isn't something that was put together to sell skateboards or manga so it is a bit in the woods.

Apparently there IS a manga now. It's just going over the anime, but I wonder if they keep going past the ending

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Vampires do theater #2

q2uuSN2.jpg

This is not quite working for me, it doesn't help that the atmosphere felt way worse than the previous episode.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Already over 100 episodes into One Piece.... show is too good to stop
I mean, there's gonna be points where you're gonna take breaks, but yeah, the first few hundred episodes are fairly easy to binge.

I don't know, it's been like 1,5 years since I started watching and I'm currently on episode 943 so almost there. It helps that especially in the middle part of the run you can skip like 6 minutes at least of intro + OP + recap before they even start the episode.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for the new Revue Starlight movie, they kinda teased that some crazy stuff was going to happen at the end of the recap movie, so yeah, can't wait.

Also someone uses guns in the mobile game, so the random shot of someone firing a gun isn't that out there for the series

EzAvrgbVoAEnyxv

Last edited:
Trailer for the new Revue Starlight movie, they kinda teased that some crazy stuff was going to happen at the end of the recap movie, so yeah, can't wait.

Also someone uses guns in the mobile game, so the random shot of someone firing a gun isn't that out there for the series (not the mobile game character though)

EzAvrgbVoAEnyxv

You can just feel the movie money breaming from it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Also someone uses guns in the mobile game, so the random shot of someone firing a gun isn't that out there for the series (not the mobile game character though)

EzAvrgbVoAEnyxv

Is the recap movie up anywhere yet? Also, I hope this gets a theatrical release, though I am aware that happening is an absolute longshot.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the recap movie up anywhere yet? Also, I hope this gets a theatrical release, though I am aware that happening is an absolute longshot.

There are fansubs out there.

I know BanG Dream! is way more popular than Revue Starlight but since the Roselia movie is getting a Western streaming release a month after it releases in Japan, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do something similar for the new movie (especially since they said you can go into the new movie without knowing anything about the series)

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
There are fansubs out there.

I know BanG Dream! is way more popular than Revue Starlight but since the Roselia movie is getting a Western streaming release a month after it releases in Japan, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do something similar for the new movie (especially since they said you can go into the new movie without knowing anything about the series)
Huh...that has me even more intrigued as to what the movie is supposed to be.

Oct 27, 2017
There's guns in Revue Starlight now?

God I can't fucking wait for the movie. Fingers crossed it gets a proper international theatrical release (not just the US) so that I can catch it on the big screen. Doubt it though since it's not as big as Demon Slayer. Would love to watch it legally and support the creators instead of relying on fansubs or studying Japanese and import the expensive BD (*cough* Shirobako *cough*)

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
If people are watching this season's Honda Motor Company, Ltd. advert, I'd like to remind them that Jun'ichi Satō's -one off- might be of interest as well!

Where's firehawk12 when you need an expert on everything SatoJun related? :-D

I liked Kare Kano, but it also needs a "shitty ran out of budget ending" warning >.>
Another reminder that while Gainax made some really strong anime, they were a heavily mismanaged studio from the very beginning.
Apparently, the situation with that work was much more complex than that, and very possibly involved executive meddling due to the, at the time, very strict content guidelines imposed by TV Tokyo. This probably did push away from it a Mr. Anno fed up with the situation (also, he was in great part busy as well with his tasks on editing the GAMERA1999 documentary), which compromised the production team composition and project lead times enough to greatly alter the approach of later episodes, leading to a more experimental way of wrapping up such contract work.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine never exploring where that one goes after the anime ends. It's my favorite Gainax work.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It's really a blessing in disguise that Kare Kano didn't get a full anime adaptation given the places the manga goes in the second half. 😬
Never seen the show, but what are those places?

I still haven't seen Usagi Drop, because I know where the manga ends up and it would hang over any enjoyment that I could derive from the anime, despite the latter not covering those plot developments.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, although I think the gun in the trailer is more like a starting gun than an actual weapon considering the sports arena theme.
Watched the PV again. Hmmm yeah, I think it looks like it's used to signal the beginning of the fight.

Gonna give this series it's long overdue rewatch. I wonder if the recap movie is also worth watching. Heard they added some new scenes there

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It's really a blessing in disguise that Kare Kano didn't get a full anime adaptation given the places the manga goes in the second half. 😬
I'm fine never exploring where that one goes after the anime ends. It's my favorite Gainax work.
What we won't have for sure is those original story episodes proposed by Mr. Anno & Co., and given the care and research he put into developing the project in general (including those very interesting interviews he conducted with high-schoolers in Japan), I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt about those potentially different episodes portraying a fairly delicate and emotionally faithful representation of a Japanese teenagers couple romance.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Romanticized rape, off the top of my head. The second half of the manga is darker than the first once Miyazawa's character arc is over and the focus shifts to Arima.

Ironically, Anno probably would have made it less fucked up.
Ok... maybe I don't want a full adaption of that.
I'll just stick with wanting a full adaption of Skip Beat one day.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
What we won't have for sure is those original story episodes proposed by Mr. Anno & Co., and given the care and research he put into developing the project in general (including those very interesting interviews he conducted with high-schoolers in Japan), I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt about those potentially different episodes portraying a fairly delicate and emotionally faithful representation of a Japanese teenagers couple romance.
As I mentioned above, Anno would have likely not have made it as dark as the manga ended up being.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I started 2017 kinos journey and i think i should keep a counter of how many episodes are resolved via gun. Pretty sure its 4 out of 4 already.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Romanticized rape, off the top of my head. The second half of the manga is darker than the first once Miyazawa's character arc is over and the focus shifts to Arima.

Ironically, Anno probably would have made it less fucked up.

Does it really get that bad? That sucks.

I'm not sure how far I actually got with the manga. I did drop it eventually because of pacing issues I think. That Festival stage play setup and execution took an eternity IIRC.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda expected you to mention something, since I recall you taking issues with Arima's obsessive behavior among other.

What's the context of that scene? Arranged marriage or so?
Love interest of one of the main (iirc) side characters. And as far i can discern from glancing at the wiki, they're (seemingly) in relationship already during the duration of the show.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the new Zombieland episode was much more solid than the first.

On the other hand, ooof.

For those that don't wanna hit that translate button...

3 episode directors (1 director + 2 assistants)
21 animation supervisors
36 key animators, 25 key secondary animators

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Love interest of one of the main (iirc) side characters. And as far i can discern from glancing at the wiki, they're (seemingly) in relationship already during the duration of the show.

Right, now I do seem to vaguely recall something with one of the girls liking 'older' men and having such a boyfriend. Maybe the one who's interested in writing? I don't think it's ever given much screentime, nor is it whatever is shown particularly creepy.

... which does little good when that relationship is inherently fucked up, either case, and having it as a positive example of a working/healthy relationship is kinda just the worse.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
RIP BGBW

www.crunchyroll.com

The Idol Master, MEKAKUCITY ACTORS, and More Are Leaving Crunchyroll

Crunchyroll has a handful of series that are on the way out the door soon, so watch them while you can. From MEKAKUCITY ACTORS to The Idol Master, now is the time to dive into the follow
Both Mitsudomoe and The Anim@s. It's like they want to personally spite me.

Though it should be noted Anim@s was never available to stream on Crunchyroll here as it was a Daisuki show so maybe it'll be picked up by someone who will offer it for worldwide viewing.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Cute boys doing backlips #2

0V9T2xF.jpg

This was a huuuuge improvement over the first episode, definitely my favorite second episode of the season. The OST is also really, really good.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Cute boys doing backlips #2

0V9T2xF.jpg

This was a huuuuge improvement over the first episode, definitely my favorite second episode of the season. The OST is also really, really good.

Really? I'm intrigued. I thought the first episode was pretty solid already (if fairly derivative) , mostly on count of it's surprising background animation.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I'm intrigued. I thought the first episode was pretty solid already (if fairly derivative) , mostly on count of it's surprising background animation.
Yeah, I was surprised too because I came in not expecting much, but it's really well directed and paced and it generally came together pretty well. Story has some issues, but they are clearly setting up some stuff at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.