• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Lifting 01-02

InFmXqa.png

great show

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Fruit Baskets 14
Welp, now I'm sad. Think I have a sense of the direction they are going with the Kyo stuff this episode but I'll have to wait and see. Hataori and Momiji have had probably my two favorite backstories, but I hope the selective erasure of memories is something that doesn't become too abundant/enter the current ongoings.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Dumbbell 02

Show's a lot more edutainment than I would have expected, but I actually don't mind. I didn't know standard, static warm-ups were bad for you before exercising.

I dunno why but I think I'm growing fond of these stupid ecchi + edutainment shows, provided the comedy is good enough

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Astra Lost In Space Episode 2:

Ah yes, good, good, the cast is starting to develop beyond the level of archtype, though with this large a cast the spotlight is still going to be missed by some. That being said, I don't think I am ever going to get used to these sudden tone shifts and I may end up quitting the series over it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Tejina Senpai 2
Still funny

Dumbbell 2
That punch. Really enjoying this. All the characters are fun in their own way and I definitely think it will succeed at being the little bit of motivation still needed for some to work out more

Oct 25, 2017
maria watches over us is great, i'm finishing the 3rd season and i'm so attached to the characters that i'm sad that there's "only" 1 season left

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i guess i'm getting animelab for two months to watch dumbells so i should figure out what else is on my backlog that i can throw darts at the board for

i think... the app might kinda suck though

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Just a couple days until the PILI Fantasy War of Dragons show on Netflix. Kinda excited to see how this is.

Oct 25, 2017

Well now that's a solid (And probably) the best CGI trailer I've seen. I wish I would travel to Japan just get to see this.

On Youtube:

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone Episode 1:

Oh yea, this is back when Taiji was the nominal main character and good lord even here you can see why Senku leapfrogged him out of that position.
Lol didn't even read the manga and I already thought the science whiz who looks like Asuma is the Mc. I did like the chemistry between them too.
Based on things others have said here, it's going the Usagi Drop route unfortunately (if you know what that means).
Ugh I was gonna watch this wtf!

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Astra Lost in Space 02

Last week's episode was interesting enough for me to binge the manga in the meantime, so it's pretty fun watching it as an adaptation now. That laugh caught me completely off guard though.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 64

Does Honey Cat have a hate-boner for Russia, or was it nuked by the Aikatsu industry already? Glaring place they've missed at first glance. Anyway, not focusing on the chosen Jewling Dress idols, so I don't care, but this was a better episode than their last one. It actually followed up on their world tour, how they've grown from it, and where they want to go next. Karen getting a performance for no reason was weird, but it did lead to learning she's now an elephant tamer I guess. I do enjoy when Aikatsu shamelessly shows idols as being corporate plugs. Did they really just completely change the marketing, branding, and even design of those bags at the very last minute? Seems like you'd need a lot more meetings for that. Guess they're off to space next. Which just reinforces that we better see some proper spacekatsu before the show ends.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Isekai Cheat Magician 01

It's better than Arifureta at least. It's also got Myth&Roid doing the intro so I'm obligated to at least watch a few eps.

Last edited:

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Never witnessed this before. Not that I remember at least
Anime getting pushed back by live sports coverage happens a fair amount actually, mostly for international broadcasts. Consider that most anime airs late at night or early in the morning in Japan; if there's an international tournament getting coverage during the day in the Americas or Europe, it would air "Live" at night in Japan. The reason they aired the first three episodes of Vinland Saga at the start of the season was because all three episodes were complete (thanks to the production's good scheduling) and that way they wouldn't start the series broadcast two weeks behind where it should be. Not many shows have the ability to air their episodes in advance of their time slot being taken by live sports broadcasts, but being pushed back is a relatively regular occurance.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Just a couple days until the PILI Fantasy War of Dragons show on Netflix. Kinda excited to see how this is.

Oh shit.

I just recently decided to finally watch Thunderbolt Fantasy. Done with season one now. Awesome I have this to look forward to after I finish off Thunderbolt!

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anime getting pushed back by live sports coverage happens a fair amount actually, mostly for international broadcasts. Consider that most anime airs late at night or early in the morning in Japan; if there's an international tournament getting coverage during the day in the Americas or Europe, it would air "Live" at night in Japan. The reason they aired the first three episodes of Vinland Saga at the start of the season was because all three episodes were complete (thanks to the production's good scheduling) and that way they wouldn't start the series broadcast two weeks behind where it should be. Not many shows have the ability to air their episodes in advance of their time slot being taken by live sports broadcasts, but being pushed back is a relatively regular occurance.
Well, I guess the feeling of your favorite animated show getting preempted by sports really is an international phenomenon

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Never witnessed this before. Not that I remember at least
I don't recall it in years past, but I've seen it more recently. Could have something to do with the increasing number of Japanese players on the men's and women's sides that are making it into the draws these days, plus Nishikori so often being highly ranked and making it to the late stages of majors.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any thoughts on the Record of Grancrest War anime? I read the manga randomly and liked it a bit but I can very easily envision a world where the anime adaption is... uninspired

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any thoughts on the Record of Grancrest War anime? I read the manga randomly and liked it a bit but I can very easily envision a world where the anime adaption is... uninspired
Read early complaints in here regarding the adaptation but twitter nerds I didn't think would like it ended up doing so? It's Hatakeyama so I intend to get to it soon properly myself since I can binge easier on Netflix.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, it has been long overdue, but I decided to finally catch up on JoJo starting with part 3. Ended up getting really into it, so probably going to get part 3 done around the end of the month or such ha ha.

Part 2 was bonkers, so it be interesting to see where this goes. Going to be hard to top Joseph through, especially since there is still this part to get through all the OH MY GOOOD.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tejina Senpai 2
Still funny

Dumbbell 2
That punch. Really enjoying this. All the characters are fun in their own way and I definitely think it will succeed at being the little bit of motivation still needed for some to work out more

Seeing Youtube, Instagram and Reddit...it already did :)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
seriously we gonna see some jacked nerds in two-three months.

heck i should probably get my dumbbells outta storage... maybe go to an additional class on sat... lol

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Vinland Saga 01

Narag was right. This kinda shit is right up my fucking alley. I absolutely love stories in these setting and so far episode one is hitting all the right notes. I know the kinda of character like Thors is done to death in tales like this but I'm enjoying him!

Cop Craft 01

I went into this blind and was pleasantly surprised. Buddy cop anime story except the other cop is a magical girl with a bit of a stick up her ass.

Sounan Desu ka? 02

Drinking dirt water filtered through a girl's used sock sounds like the start of someone's foot fetish story.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Isekai Cheat Magician 01

It's better than Arifureta at least. It's also got Myth&Roid doing the intro so I'm obligated to at least watch a few eps.
Exactly what I was going to post. This first episode at least made sense and was interesting....

Isekai Cheat Magician ep. 01
What he said above

Kanata no Astra ep. 1&2
[https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/021/452/ezgif-2168112475.gif[/img]

Al laughing aside, the tone is all over the place with this one, but I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, so I'll keep watching.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Arifueta episode 1

Oh, look another isekai where a guy is whisked to another world where women treat him like a god...

...nope. Shield Hero again? Although, it seems like the slime show mixed with the Shield Hero.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely has the "harem" tag, so I'm sure that is the case. I'm still bothered at how terribad that first episode was and how hard it was to follow. They jumped around 500 different times to different scenes and it was so disconnected.

Yeah, I noticed the disconnected scenes. Pretty jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.