• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Going to watch various shows from this season when the dubs arrive. Should be pretty soon for a lot of them.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's sad, i hope everyone is okay.
And why would someone try to burn a animation studio?

If I have to guess it's something to do with work environment, Japan has a thing about the issue with job management or something like that. Person must be pissed for something like a work condiition inside the studio, but idk.

Or probably a Co2 has been leaked, and I think smoker must have caught it by accident while lit it.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is it just me or does this look like a pretty boring season? There's nothing that really stands out to me when reading the synopses. I might check out Dr. Stone and the Fire Brigade thing since I've heard that the Dr. Stone manga is pretty good and the other show is by David Prod, but is there anything else worth checking out? I don't know a lot of the source materials so I have no idea what's going to be good and bad.

It's fine since I still have a lot of catching up to do from last season, so there's enough to watch, but I like having something to look forward to every week. Is there anything like Run With the Wind this season? I'm not big on sports anime but I absolutely loved that show mainly because of the story, characters and soundtrack.

That KyoAni fire looks rough! I hope everyone is safe.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does this look like a pretty boring season? There's nothing that really stands out to me when reading the synopses. I might check out Dr. Stone and the Fire Brigade thing since I've heard that the Dr. Stone manga is pretty good and the other show is by David Prod, but is there anything else worth checking out? I don't know a lot of the source materials so I have no idea what's going to be good and bad.

Vinland Saga will be starting up again on the 28th and it's been well received.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what the heck, why did that person even set fire to the building. There doesn't seem to be any death so far, so that's good. Hope the injured people recover.

Oct 25, 2017
There was also report that arson is pouring gasoline not just building, but on the people too.

Just found out from Kyoto's thread.

On the plus note, the director is safe and sound, at the very least.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's just horrific.

I cant believe something like this just happened at Kyoani and that several people are heavily injured.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
0GlFtC7.gif

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Cant even make anime in peace. It's crazy, you almost never hear about tragedy in this way around this industry. I hope the fans and everyone else rally around Kyoani and send positivity their way.

Oct 25, 2017
Distressing and disturbing news to wake up to considering its an institution meant for entertainment and can only hope copy cats don't pop up.

Can only hope the injured both physically but also mentally/emotionally can have the time to grieve and then recover with the support from others they need in a healthy timeframe.

Just cant shake the idea that one will always now just have the fear of the workplace being unsafe from now on.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the numbers given, there are around 20+ unaccounted for. This can get real bad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.