• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Sempai 1

huh for as much Dagashi Kashi didn't really agree with me I'm slowly realizing it's a step above most junk like this

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
even though the manga author is at least lvl 80 horny it still remains somehow pure

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Galko-chan was great

8B4BA6F2F47DE8992100642B326A5BA5A5AC4A49

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Are We Lost? 01

Pretty good start to the season. I've already read a bit of the manga so I'm fairly excited to see how much they'll get through. You can never get enough CGDCT shows.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished Tiger Mask W and I loved it. But can anyone tell me how the last episode had better animation than most of the series lol?

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Curious what turned you off, the weird tonal whiplash wasn't until further in
1 minute in ...
Soldiers armed with rifles charge a fortress without any strategy of any sort in mind.

Then ...
Doom! DOOOOOM! Mass slaughter! Mental breakdown! Who could have expected this??

Then ...
A line of white uniformed, menacing soldiers walk unhurriedly towards the scary fortress without so much as a bullet welcoming them.

Then ...
Comically animated monsters wreak havoc.

I have to ask: What was the point of wasting your manpower in the first place? Oh, wait, I already know why. DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
1 minute in ...
Soldiers armed with rifles charge a fortress without any strategy of any sort in mind.

Then ...
Doom! DOOOOOM! Mass slaughter! Mental breakdown! Who could have expected this??

Then ...
A line of white uniformed, menacing soldiers walk unhurriedly towards the scary fortress without so much as a bullet welcoming them.

Then ...
Comically animated monsters wreak havoc.

I have to ask: What was the point of wasting your manpower in the first place? Oh, wait, I already know why. DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!
That's fair, but I guess I'm ok with incompetent generals forcing huge losses because it wasn't really the focus of the show

I'll give it a few more eps because I'm hoping it becomes more consistent now that the dumb plot setup seems to be done

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's fair, but I guess I'm ok with incompetent generals forcing huge losses because it wasn't really the focus of the show

I'll give it a few more eps because I'm hoping it becomes more consistent now that the dumb plot setup seems to be done
It could probably be a dumb-fun watch. I did skip a few scenes ahead here and there out of curiosity and saw the "they see us as weapons/tools" and "what are you doing two headed-san??" scenes and decided I had enough on my plate as it is. But good luck!

Oops. It was snake-san, not two headed-san

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
One Punch Man 12 END

A worthy adaptation of the source material, capably showing off the innate prowess of its writing chops.

Last edited:

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
It could probably be a dumb-fun watch. I did skip a few scenes ahead here and there out of curiosity and saw the "they see us as weapons/tools" and "what are you doing two headed-san??" scenes and decided I had enough on my plate as it is. But good luck!
Oh ye I'm definitely not expecting much out of it, as long as I get some nice fights I'm ok with it being brain dead

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 13

Pretty good episode but this whole arc felt like it didn't need to be 3 episodes also thank god for Ufo. A fight against a demon that is all about tilting the room and 1 wind claw attack thing would have been pretty bad if not backed up by good animation.

One Punch Man S2 12

Good episode to an alright season. The positive is that if given a smoother production I think JC Stuff could do a more consistently better animated S3 if it comes to it. Obviously coming from S1 it is hard to not be disappointed with this season overall.

Tejina Sempai 1

Thought it was pretty funny. Mc is giving me some Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi vibes visually.

Poor girl got stage fright.
Tejina-senpai-gif.gif

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched the latter half of the girls und panzer first film for reasons

That's still a goddamn masterpiece in cinematography and direction and making a really tactics heavy tank battle an actually comprehensible and exhilarating thing to watch

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Horny Dumbbells 01

This was surprisingly fun. its like cells at work with some informative exercising techniques. will add this to the planning list!

Oct 27, 2017
Dumbbell 1
Someone recommended the manga to me but I never got around to it. This seems like a nice adaptation and I like the characters and the premise so far.

Plus it motivates me to train more. I usually only ride the bicycle but I might as well start training the whole body.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Astra Lost in Space 1

Aside from some obnoxious characters, that was a fantastic episode. Really excited for this series.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Astra Lost In Space Episode 1:

The tone this series is going for is kind of getting undermined by the typical anime character tropes here in the outset. That being said, I like this and I am also glad to see Gravity exerting some influence in the wider world at long last.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Astra Lost In Space 01

im not sure if I liked any of this. episode felt just okay I guess, hopefully it becomes more interesting now that they have an objective. Kanata seems to be the only likeable character so far.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Astra Lost In Space 01

im not sure if I liked any of this. episode felt just okay I guess, hopefully it becomes more interesting now that they have an objective. Kanata seems to be the only likeable character so far.
Having read the manga, each of the characters gets a spotlight at different points in the story and they all go through a bunch of character growth

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Dumbbell Episode 1:

This is pretty much what I expected actually, a thin gimmick show that you kind have to be into the subject matter to get the full amount of joy from, dropped like a gym membership.

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 891

As a send off to the "old" style of animation this looked pretty nice, but even just from the next episode preview its hard to oversell how much better the new style looks.
Wano arc will be the first time i've watched the anime version of One Piece (movies not included) since.....about 1/3rd into Punk Hazard where I just finally said enough is enough and stuck with just the manga.

Oct 25, 2017
Dumbell Girls 1

giphy.gif

Aside that, that premise is a great start and Hibiki is so much reminiscent of myself, but not into much addiction with foods like her....well, I did bought and ate a velvet cupcake for almost once every month cuz I can't resist this delicious red sweetness, so go sue me.

Last edited:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Astra Lost in Space was on Funimation, but it's nowhere to be found?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
One Piece 891

As a send off to the "old" style of animation this looked pretty nice, but even just from the next episode preview its hard to oversell how much better the new style looks.
I liked a lot of the visuals used specifically in this episode as a lead-in to Wano, even if it still used the older style. Wano has had me pumped.
Wano arc will be the first time i've watched the anime version of One Piece (movies not included) since.....about 1/3rd into Punk Hazard where I just finally said enough is enough and stuck with just the manga.
WCI is the first arc worth watching in ages. That's the arc that got me back on the anime after also falling off during PH.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Having read the manga, each of the characters gets a spotlight at different points in the story and they all go through a bunch of character growth
Yeah, as someone else who read the manga I'll back this up. I think it's why you read/watch the series, rather than the mystery elements as to why they're stranded in space. Personally I found the series' reveals to be very contrived and ultimately a disappointment. The character growth is pretty good if you at least enjoy the ensemble's mash up in this first episode.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dumbbell nan Kilo Moteru 01

I love it. You come for the fit girls, but you stay for muscle bro's helpful advice. Just the motivation I need.

Now I wish there was an anime about doing your taxes so I don't have my dad do them for me every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.