• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if this is the right place to share but Team Black Falcon are running 3 anime inspired liveries for their cars in the Spa 24 Hours.

D_1IROkXYAE4GjD
Is promare really that good?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, recent watches.

Sound! Euphonium movie
I managed to dive into this despite not having seen the preceding television series or recap movies at all; Liz and the Blue Bird was my only prior exposure to the franchise. So, the 10 minute recap shoved in front of the movie had to do. Still, all the principal cast are well defined despite the breakneck pace of the film, covering an entire school year in less than two hours. I kind of wish this had been a television series instead, as there was more than enough content for it. I loved that the film's pace finally paid off by slowing down and showing most if not the entire orchestral performance, and it was great hearing the Liz piece again.

I was already planning on watching Sound! Euphonium after seeing Liz last year, but never managed to find the time. I'll make it work, though.

Dumbbell 1-3
It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It has about the same amount of substance as Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles, but without the extremely creepy stalker protagonist, so that's a big plus.

Fruits Basket 12-15

QCayhrX.png

I have a hard time articulating why I love this show, but I do.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
An anime like Fire Force airing at the same time this tragedy occurred reminds me of how fucking weird the universe can be at times.
Pokemon had an episode delayed because it had a pokemon using earthquake in the same week a real earthquake happenned in Japan. In fact Pokemon has delayed a lot of episodes because something happens in the same week/month as a disaster.

Oct 26, 2017

I'm finding Dr Stone to be... well, at the end of the day is a shonen series from the Shonen Jump. The intended audience is young.
It's simple, straight forward, with the protagonist voicing out his thoughts and even explaining clearly his line of thinking so the audience can follow along easily, and with a villian with a poorly thought premise (kids good!, adults bad!... wait what happens in a few years when the kids turn into adults??).

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
An anime like Fire Force airing at the same time this tragedy occurred reminds me of how fucking weird the universe can be at times.
Mrs Green Apple released the full version of their Fire Force opening at the same day the tragedy happened. It's a absolutely amazing song but the timing was really weird

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mother Isekai 2
I gave the first episode a try and found it kind of meh with potential. This episode however was just bad. Anime tropes all over, pointless panty shots, weird son mother sexual fanservice (just wtf is this creepy shit???).

I can already tell this will only become worse as it goes so I am dropping it here. At this point I doubt I will even watch any isekai until proof that it is good well after it starts airing. I guess I shall call it the "five episodes of people praising it" rule.

Dropped to the dark depth of hades.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mother Isekai 2
I gave the first episode a try and found it kind of meh with potential. This episode however was just bad. Anime tropes all over, pointless panty shots, weird son mother sexual fanservice (just wtf is this creepy shit???).

I can already tell this will only become worse as it goes so I am dropping it here. At this point I doubt I will even watch any isekai until proof that it is good well after it starts airing. I guess I shall call it the "five episodes of people praising it" rule.

Dropped to the dark depth of hades.
I dunno, I still saw a lot of praise for Shield Hero 5 episodes in...

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 3

glad senku warped civilization to near present day by setting out to invent the second amendment

Magical Sempai 3

the show as a whole is fucking awful but the kimono skit was amazing

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I'm finding Dr Stone to be... well, at the end of the day is a shonen series from the Shonen Jump. The intended audience is young.
It's simple, straight forward, with the protagonist voicing out his thoughts and even explaining clearly his line of thinking so the audience can follow along easily, and with a villian with a poorly thought premise (kids good!, adults bad!... wait what happens in a few years when the kids turn into adults??).

What I can say right now is we are waiting for the real Dr. Stone to begin.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Stone 3

Not really a fan of how the villain is set up but the premise of a super genious speedrunning civilisation is still pretty fun

Pretty funny ep. What an absolute ridiculous background to the MMO lol.
Hope Shirase is being appropriately paid because being all those "npcs" must be stressful

Looks like the series needs a ecchi tag now

Chain casting instant death spells made me think of this.

Last edited:

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone in Japan saw "Weathering With You" yet? Been wondering what the general impression has been. I saw the thread in OT.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Furuba 16
So, this episode placement was the cause of some controversy as we jump from vol 5 to vol 7. Some people got really upset with going out of order, as if it somehow broke the pace and storyline. As evidenced by this fantastic episode, that's not the case. Uotani's story (the first half at least) is told with beautiful direction and attention to detail. I love the use of sound, the way discord builds up until the final shot before credits. We even got a cute skit at the end of the credits! I wasn't expecting them to include that! I'm all for this Uotani two parter, bring on the next episode!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Nichijou episode 1 English dub

Yes, the voices are good. I forgot how Hnnnnggggggg inducing the ED is. Good god, that's adorable. KyoAni are masters of the OP and ED.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Machikado Mazoku 2

Shamiko has some terrible friends. Good thing her arch-nemesis is such a helpful magical girl.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
do they ever explain in Dr Stone why if people get smashed/break in stone they're 100% stone but if they get the liquid is used on them the stone cracks like an egg shell? i'd assume it's just one of those random artist decisions to make the series less gory

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Granbelm 3

Shingetsu sure is good at worming her way into people's hearts, even if not for malicious purposes. Anna might be the crazy one, but white-haired girl is clearly the creepy one. Much easier to follow what is actually happening this time. Still solid all around.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Fruits Basket 16

why am I just now watching this ED and realizing it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Evangelion 25

I think a lot of the mind-fuck aspect is lost by the now common knowledge that they literally had to shove out some bullshit to finish the show

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Netflix (Asia) added some new anime out of nowhere (I regularly check the "Coming Soon" section and these were never there) like Kaguya-sama and the slime Isekai! Been wanting to watch those so I'm pretty excited about this.

Only on episode 2 of Kaguya-sama but I'm loving it so much already! I see now why it was so popular back then. This is so cute and funny and it's been a while since I've read/watched a manga/anime that's made me laugh this much. Especially loved the third battle in the first episode where Shirogane wasn't even trying to "fight" Kaguya and both were misunderstanding the whole situation.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Sound Eupho 2

Oof, picking an instrument just seems super stressful. I mean, what if you don't like it? That has to be a thing, right? Also, Himiko has hair like when I wash my hair and then put it in a ponytail before it dries. I never found it a cute look but she seems to work with it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sound Eupho 2

Oof, picking an instrument just seems super stressful. I mean, what if you don't like it? That has to be a thing, right? Also, Himiko has hair like when I wash my hair and then put it in a ponytail before it dries. I never found it a cute look but she seems to work with it.

the trick is you're mostly forced into an instrument when you're young and have no say!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
the trick is you're mostly forced into an instrument when you're young and have no say!
😔 That's sad. I know when I was young I always wanted to play trumpet. But in year 8 and 9 when music was compulsory we always had to play keyboard.

Oh, and I found Thoraxes write ups! I remember when I used to lurk at the old place and saw his write ups there and being impressed.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
haha! My parents told me a violin was just a different type of guitar! lol. before you know it you're good at that instrument and too confused to pick up another one until you go to uni or something

Do You Even Lift?! 1
Great adaptation. I'm maybe most impressed by them actually having a surprisingly solid sense of place for a manga that, to me, always felt like it took place floating in a muscle void. But the characters are cute, the animation's pretty good, and the jokes are landing. Michio having a completely impossible physique is also hilarious... from memory all the men are complete just muscle bodies, so this should be fun

gonna be hearing a lot of 筋肉 lol

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Do You Even Lift 2
Actually I'm surprised Hibiki isn't even heavier than she is considering how much she eats. She must be taking in like 2500-3000kal a day lol

the movie AK-47 making a chaingun sound affect and the completely nonsensical cutting is lmao

this show: still good

planks hard

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Waver and Gray 3

ZY8PVGk.png

Blessed image.

After seeing an episode about Waver's background and an episode about his deductive skills, it was imminent to see his students next, in another mostly self contained story. A pretty fun conclusion on a modern life vs magic debate. Next episode seems to imply something a bit bigger this time.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Savage Maidens 03

Izumi's defense to Kazusa has a nuance I didn't expect. Such a contrast to Kokoro Connect's infamous "I masturbate to you too" scene, you only ever hear this argument thrown at incest situations but for the first time(?), we're seeing a character extend the line to people he merely even knows. Though this show has been excellent in how bold and tactful it can be on the topic thus far so I shouldn't entirely be so surprised. It's interesting because for once, it's nice to have a character who might have his urges but it doesn't mean that they have to think of everyone they know sexually, even if not all the time.

I like Sonozaki but I'm not so confident about how her side of the story will turn out. They seem to be getting her to have a make over because she looks boring now? I'm just not sure what she as a character wants out of this in the first place. While it is true that she's bothered that people judge the way she looks, will it be portrayed as something she does once to silence the people or is it some sort of development?

Not to mention, Kazusa's best friend, strangely nothing happening around her. Please surprise me.

Attack on Titan S3 Part 1 01-07

I'll give it credit for getting me really into this internal drama arc despite it being less important than it seemed. It's also thanks to the excellent animation sequences.

Ojamajo Doremi 08

Doremi passed but I guess she did take the long route and overcame all challenges by her self. This is so strange, all the magic won't save a witch without some wit and action? this is a low grade exam

Oct 25, 2017
Mama Online 2

I cringed a bit with fanservice scene on Mom. At least she's an adult so it's fine in my book, I think.

Also, "white light" is back!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Demon Slayer 16

Solid episode, pretty brutal when those grunts got killed off, looking forward to the rest of this arc and seeing where it goes.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking believe Chris' new transformation actually includes Grenadier style breast reloading a revolver by having the bullets come out of your cleavage. Jokes are real now.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
O Maidens in Your Savage Season 03

When was the last time you could apply "you will cringe yourself into space" as a positive

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
CSI: Waver 03

"How dare you kill innocent people and also fuck with my favorite tea shop"

Status
Not open for further replies.