• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
WIT Studio has this new shit "Babylon" coming out that's apparently a political conspiracy show starring a prosecutor, and I've never heard of it. Apparently it's based on a manga that ran from 09 to 2016 but all I can find on it is a nearly empty MyAnimeList page.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
WIT Studio has this new shit "Babylon" coming out that's apparently a political conspiracy show starring a prosecutor, and I've never heard of it. Apparently it's based on a manga that ran from 09 to 2016 but all I can find on it is a nearly empty MyAnimeList page.
I checked around a bit and it might be this. So a novel that was later adapted into a manga. And now an anime.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some random pictures of it on a 80's nostalgia anime tumblr, and now I am watching Giant Gorg.

I have no idea if this is worth watching, but the first episode was borderline nonsensical (there's an island, they tell you it isn't there, but it is, which is being kept a secret somehow? also they try to do Japanese guy in the city jokes, but then everyone just talks in Japanese?), so I'll keep watching just to see if I can at least form an opinion on it.

Honestly, hand drawn shows get a little more leeway from me just because I like how it looks.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Gundam Zeta [End]

Pretty good show overall and I liked both endings as well. There were some stuff that I felt were huge negatives to the show though

-Reccoa's betrayal was such a dumb side plot. Not sure why they went in that direction with this character

-Katz was such a bad character. He deserved to die for disobeying orders and hitting a rock

-Was Jerid suppose to be Kamille's "rival?" Because he felt useless as well

-I swear if I hear Rosammy say "onii-chan" one more time...

Now to move on to ZZ which I hear is a lot worse than Zeta

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Gundam Zeta [End]

Pretty good show overall and I liked both endings as well. There were some stuff that I felt were huge negatives to the show though

-Reccoa's betrayal was such a dumb side plot. Not sure why they went in that direction with this character

-Katz was such a bad character. He deserved to die for disobeying orders and hitting a rock

-Was Jerid suppose to be Kamille's "rival?" Because he felt useless as well

-I swear if I hear Rosammy say "onii-chan" one more time...

There's plenty of onii-chan in ZZ.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Astra Lost in Space 10

This show just wants to have every single twist ever created and I respect that.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Astra 10

The 1962-1963 timeline doesn't make sense. It's impossible for a continent as diverse as ours to forgo geopolitcal areas entirely in favour of a united earth. Religion, culture and cultural identity, politics, tradition, wealth disparities and so on make it virtually impossible. Even a country as small as the UK can barely keep itself from splitting apart (Scottish referendum). How could a worldwide entity possibly maintain its stability? I'm guessing this plot piece will make a return sometime in the future. Otherwise, it's just silly writing.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Astra 10

The 1962-1963 timeline doesn't make sense. It's impossible for a continent as diverse as ours to forgo geopolitcal areas entirely in favour of a united earth. Religion, culture and cultural identity, politics, tradition, wealth disparities and so on make it virtually impossible. Even a country as small as the UK can barely keep itself from splitting apart (Scottish referendum). How could a worldwide entity possibly maintain its stability? I'm guessing this plot piece will make a return sometime in the future. Otherwise, it's just silly writing.

I reviewed the manga and found the whole ultimate reveal to not actually make a lot of sense. Like it makes surface level sense, if you take out any nuance that would prevent it from happening, like you're talking about, but I also don't want to say too much and spoil anything for people enjoying it.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I reviewed the manga and found the whole ultimate reveal to not actually make a lot of sense. Like it makes surface level sense, if you take out any nuance that would prevent it from happening, like you're talking about, but I also don't want to say too much and spoil anything for people enjoying it.
Oh well that's a bummer. I think I'll remember Astra for being entertaining, premium quality trash, as someone else noted a while ago. Kudos to the author for having fun incorporating practically every sci-fi trope he could fit into it. Unfortunately, Astra has failed to make the most out of the interesting topics it raised, like cloning. Only the most superficial issues relating to it have seen the light of day. With what little he bothered to address executed in a rushed manner. To make way for comedy. Which is fine. But which is also (partially) why, in a few years or months from now, I won't remember Astra for being especially noteworthy, meaningful or life changing. That is, unless the more intricate issues get discussed in later episodes. I'm not holding my breath, though.

By the way, I accidentally wrote 'continent' instead of 'planet'.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dumbbells - Episode 10

EDpETY0XYAEAKfi.jpg

There's just something about this show's perfect amount of self-awareness and silliness that continuously draws me to it.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Astra 10

I haven't seen the latest episode of the anime and I don't know how far they got, but the explanation the manga gives is basically that worst war every in the history of man hits and it's terrible to the point where the survivors are willing to throw all that stuff away in favor of uniting and peace. That obviously wouldn't happen in the real world, but this is anime.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
A Certain Magical Index 1
The best part of this episode is the protagonist of railgun, so I dunno if I'll stick with it. I'll give it the ol' 3 ep rule then move to Railgun I guess.

Dumbells 6
Bicycle crunches rule

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I found Index to be incredibly boring, indecipherable, and containing some of the worst fanservice I have ever had to suffer through.

reedscam

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand the desire to watch Index if you feel like it would better inform your viewing of Railgun, but after watching all of Railgun I don't really know how much it helped. Maybe it helped with understanding what's going on with the Index protagonist, since he shows up a couple of times in Railgun, but he's kind of a shitty protagonist anyway. Railgun is a much better show and can mostly stand on its own.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't seen the latest episode of the anime and I don't know how far they got, but the explanation the manga gives is basically that worst war every in the history of man hits and it's terrible to the point where the survivors are willing to throw all that stuff away in favor of uniting and peace. That obviously wouldn't happen in the real world, but this is anime.
Yep, they covered that part, unless there's more to the picture yet to be revealed. Like you say, it's anime so you just sort of have to go with it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Good luck. It's the only Gundam show I bailed on and that's saying something considering I watched all of 00 and AGE. I couldn't make it past the first few episodes. I should go back and try again, but I've got plenty of other anime to tide me over at this point.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 11–12

We're gathered here today to witness Kyousuke feast on the hearts of his little sister's friends. Ayase route unlocked. Kanako route unlocked. Saori route unlocked. Ruri route remodeled. Hinata route... unlocked? Harem route blocked. The banquet of nightmares ends when the boy claims his steak stake. Let the roast begin!

W0J3FQH.jpg

Mom thinks her son might have made move on his sister, citing how Kirino addresses him by first name now. Of course, the little liar sister states plausible deniability first and chalks it up to a spontaneous change of heart. Then, the photo-booth sticker that was attached to the fridge is exhibited. Dad's not as worried though. Instead, he's rented an apartment for Kyousuke and tasks him with studying hard enough to get into a first-choice college before he's allowed to return home. This is all they want to waive suspicions... They're using this as an opportunity to do something good for their son, and the creator is using it as a means of getting the parents to look the other way. Kirino makes a display of not caring, but she's clearly gone mad about Kyousuke agreeing so easily to separating.

7rAXUlg.png

Manami doesn't want to give Kyousuke opportunities to be alone with Kirino, so she plans to get everyone involved. Little did she know that the sister had already claimed the territory. Kirino bought him a fridge and waited for him in the new bachelor pad to show it off. She also gifts him an erotic game about cohabiting siblings. This is her way of taking responsibility for him taking the fall. They make a candid bet on whether or not Kyousuke succeeds on his exams as she leaves. Either he becomes her slave for life or she'll do any one thing for him. His reversal of her being his slave for life wasn't taken off the table...

dhndebv.png

Kuroneko loses another one of her nine lives, and all integrity.

Instead of the game Kirino gave him, Kyousuke searches for erotic images of the 14-year-old Ayase online to relieve his stress. It's then suggested that he spent the rest of that night looking up fansites of his little sister by association. When Ayase brought him a housewarming knife, she talked about how different Kirino acts around her brother. She also wants to help Kirino and Manami talk out their differences, which gets postponed because of Manami's housewarming party. Speaking of talking, Kyousuke finally tells Ruri what's what: that she's a sour-puss unwelcome in his heart until he's done tenderizing his sister.

Now, who's going to make Kyousuke's meals! Kirino counts on her best friend to do it since Ayase never raised her voice. Through this, Kyousuke and Ayase make up for the past, and with that, It's finally over between them. He immediately turns down her confession because there's something else he craves for. Imitation meat's not good enough for this boy—he wants 100% homegrown.

jhBjp9p.png

Remember how Ruri's Destiny Record ended? With the siblings sharing a meal? Before this hunger pang tears through the very fiber of morality, Manami needs to be served. I'm mildly surprised the mother cared enough to separate them but not visit the son. Well, that didn't stop Kirino from being the first one there; or from buying him a personal fridge to stick photo-booth stickers on; or receive personal updates from him through texts; or wait for him at the gate after his exams; or offer a reward to him for doing his best to return home. Kyousuke clearly did well on his exams, so Kirino's going to give him a flavor favor. Stick a fork in it already, it's all but wrapped up anyway. The parents are satisfied, the friends are powerless... Now I just wonder if there will be any just desserts after the main dish.
—————
Domestic violence count: 37.5
Sexual abuse count: 8

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 11–12

We're gathered here today to watch Kyousuke feast on the hearts of his little sister's friends. Ayase route unlocked. Kanako route unlocked. Saori route unlocked. Ruri route remodeled. Hinata route... unlocked? Harem route blocked. The banquet of nightmares ends when the boy claims his steak stake. Let the roast begin!

W0J3FQH.jpg

Mom thinks her son might have made move on his sister, citing how Kirino addresses him by first name now. Of course, the little liar sister provides plausible deniability first and chalks it up to a spontaneous change of heart. Then, the photo-booth sticker that was attached to the fridge is exhibited. Dad's not as worried though. Instead, he's rented an apartment for Kyousuke and tasks him to study hard enough to get into a first-choice college before he's allowed to return home. This is all they want to waive suspicions... They're using this as an opportunity to do something good for their son, and the creator is using it as a means of getting the parents to look the other way. Kirino makes a display of not caring, but she's clearly gone mad about Kyousuke agreeing so easily to separating.

7rAXUlg.png

Manami doesn't want to give Kyousuke opportunities to be alone with Kirino, so she plans to get everyone involved. Little did she know that the sister had already claimed the territory. Kirino bought him a fridge and waited for him in the new bachelor pad to show it off. She also gifts him an erotic game about cohabiting siblings. This is her way of taking responsibility for him taking the fall. They make a candid bet on whether or not Kyousuke succeeds on his exams as she leaves. Either he becomes her slave for life or she'll do any one thing for him. His reversal of her being his slave for life wasn't taken off the table...

dhndebv.png

Kuroneko loses another one of her nine lives, and all integrity.

Instead of the game Kirino gave him, Kyousuke searches for erotic images of the 14-year-old Ayase online to relieve his stress. It's then suggested that he spent that night looking up fansites of his little sister by association. When Ayase brought him a housewarming knife, she talked about how different Kirino acts around her brother. She also wants to help Kirino and Manami talk out their differences, which gets postponed because of Manami's housewarming party. Speaking of talking, Kyousuke finally tells Ruri what's what: that she's a sour-puss unwelcome in his heart until he's done tenderizing his sister.

Now, who's going to make Kyousuke's meals! Kirino counts on her best friend to do it since Ayase never raised her voice. Through this, Kyousuke and Ayase make up for the past, and with that, It's finally over between them. He immediately turns her down because there's something else he craves for. Imitation meat's not good enough for this boy—he wants 100% homegrown.

jhBjp9p.png

Remember how Ruri's Destiny Record ended? With the siblings sharing a meal? Before this hunger pang rips through the very fiber of morality, Manami needs to be served. I'm mildly surprised the mother cared enough to separate them but not visit the son. Well, that didn't stop Kirino from being the first one there; or from buying him a personal fridge to stick photo-booth stickers on; or receive personal updates from him through texts; or wait for him at the gate after his exams; or offer a reward to him for doing his best to return home. Kyousuke clearly did well on his exams, so Kirino's going to give him a flavor favor. Stick a fork in it already, it's all but wrapped up anyway. The parents are satisfied, the friends are powerless... Now I just wonder if there will be any just desserts after the main dish.
—————
Domestic violence count: 37.5
Sexual abuse count: 8
I feel sick

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, this is the second Dungeon Meshi animated commercial (granted the first one was a stop-motion thing.) I mean most anime are manga commercials anyway, but I guess a highlight reel is a lot more cost-effective. It is very taunting, and I was pretty fooled up until they included things like the chimera that probably would have been saved for later.

Last edited:

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
A Certain Magical Index 1
The best part of this episode is the protagonist of railgun, so I dunno if I'll stick with it. I'll give it the ol' 3 ep rule then move to Railgun I guess.
I think the Index novels are okay, but I vaguely remember the anime not being that good.
It leaves in extremely obvious exposition while cutting out explanations that are actually needed.
Rushes to action scenes, cutting out minor character interactions that at least mildly flesh-out characters, then the action isn't even that good.
And the later seasons try to cram more books into less episodes.

Some characters can appear in one series, then the other without much backstory, but eh...
Considering there's the Index, Side Story, Railgun(different than the manga), and random other novels...
Then the Railgun, Accelerator, Astral Body, and other random manga, you're going to be similarly confused/not confused by characters anyway.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the first season of Minami-ke as that was on my to do list and it was pretty mediocre but the background music has got to be some of the worst I have ever heard in my life.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand the desire to watch Index if you feel like it would better inform your viewing of Railgun, but after watching all of Railgun I don't really know how much it helped. Maybe it helped with understanding what's going on with the Index protagonist, since he shows up a couple of times in Railgun, but he's kind of a shitty protagonist anyway. Railgun is a much better show and can mostly stand on its own.

yeah, i watched a lot of the end of s1 and the first arc of s2 with my gf and given a very brief explanation i enjoyed it a lot. It helps that the animation is good as fuck

I want to see the whole thing to see whats up

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Dumbells 10

was a fool to think there wouldn't be an exercise explanation segment when distributing awards in the christmas raffle during the christmas party

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
holy hell chihayafuru is addicting

just crunched 26 28 eps in 3 days, don't remember the last time I managed anything that quickly

waiting weekly for new episodes is gonna suck

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I think the Index novels are okay, but I vaguely remember the anime not being that good.
It leaves in extremely obvious exposition while cutting out explanations that are actually needed.
Rushes to action scenes, cutting out minor character interactions that at least mildly flesh-out characters, then the action isn't even that good.
And the later seasons try to cram more books into less episodes.

Some characters can appear in one series, then the other without much backstory, but eh...
Considering there's the Index, Side Story, Railgun(different than the manga), and random other novels...
Then the Railgun, Accelerator, Astral Body, and other random manga, you're going to be similarly confused/not confused by characters anyway.

I had to drop S3 of Index after enjoying S1&2. It literally made no sense as there was no flow to the story and it jumped from one plot to the next ad introduced new plots and sub plots and revisited old plots and dropped the main characters for arc. It was a mess....

I'm so ready for a new season of Chihayafuru. Can't wait to see all those lovable idiots again.

Same. However, I'm not looking forward to poor Taichi taking the L while Arata walks off with the girl after doing...... nothing for years It's so anime tropey, but the show is too damn good to not watch the good guy get rekt......

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Carole and Tuesday Episode 20:

Welp, things are moving in a distressingly predictable direction and I think I can connect the next set of political dots for here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.