• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isekai Cheat Magician 01

It's better than Arifureta at least. It's also got Myth&Roid doing the intro so I'm obligated to at least watch a few eps.

This got me to watch the episode. Felt like I spent the entire episode waiting for something to happen and nothing did, zzzzz. This is most likely a drop but at least Myth&Roid delivered.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole and Tuesday 13

220px-ArmyofTwo_front-1-.jpg

The overall arc with Carole's mother is probably going to be a train wreck, and a lot of the decisions made in this show seem to artificially further the plot (like turning down the contract), but I'm enjoying the ride as it is, having four(!) new songs helps too. Army of Two and the new ED with Angela are great

The smaller things in the show remain fantastic, love that the head judge from the show is also a big record executive, and Carole is going to whoop someone's ass later in the show when Tuesday's family starts shit again. The search for the producer should've been it's own episode, instead of being cut in half. That's the good Watanabe shit right there.

FLCL Progressive is getting a DVD only release. Time to break shit. RAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!

https://www.fandompost.com/2019/07/11/warner-schedules-flcl-progressive-anime-dvd-release/

It's DVD only to pay homage to how stuck in the past Progressive was, nice attention to detail /s

At least they're seperate. I'll be sure to buy the FLCL Alternative Bluray when it finally hits in 2025

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Astra Lost in Space 02

Sending a bunch of kids to a remote planet to fend for themselves as a school camping trip doesn't seem like a good idea, even without an anomalous teleporting orb chasing them. What happened to just cooking curry while wearing your gym tracksuit?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Carole and Tuesday Episode 13:

Well, that is a subplot that could scarcely been timed worse with the Make Mars Great Again campaign rally and demonization of the immigrant. ( I really hope that doesn't factor in with Carole later on in the series.)

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Muscle Girls 1

Looks like this seasons Cells At Work? Just a lot more lewd and unashamedly pandering.

The trainer dude's normal head over this bodybuilder body is the funniest thing.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit at that Lupin trailer. I must be out of the loop because I always remember Japanese CG being shit. That looks awesome.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at that Lupin trailer. I must be out of the loop because I always remember Japanese CG being shit. That looks awesome.
I think that's mostly because people love calling out the ugly stuff for easy dunking but don't care for the decent stuff so it's easy to slip beneath the radar.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Well now that's a solid (And probably) the best CGI trailer I've seen. I wish I would travel to Japan just get to see this.

On Youtube:

Holy crap, first 3DCG anime film I've ever been interested in and Fujiko's design is actually classy.
I think that's mostly because people love calling out the ugly stuff for easy dunking but don't care for the decent stuff so it's easy to slip beneath the radar.
To be fair, most full/non-limited animation 3DCG films in Japan tend to be directed Shinji Aramaki and thus they are less memorable than Thor: The Dark World.

Last edited:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 13

suddenly, the 2016 US Presidential Election

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Senpai 2

I'd forgotten about this and wish I hadn't remembered. Nevertheless, I've already watched too much to not see this task through.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Cute Gay Boys doing music #1

CzPecI0.jpg

Knpl2Jo.jpg

How does this character function in his daily life?

So, instead of being your usual rapey BL it's your usual fluffy BL, which I concede is pretty rare for anime (But not for manga), but also really fucking boring. The characters are basically genderswapped K-ons and the protagonist is literally Mayuri from Stein;Gate, personality-wise.

I'll give it another episode to see if I don't fall asleep in the middle of it again.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Much appreciated. Havent had much time to watch anything new and number of shows seemed a bit annoying to wade through.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Are We Lost 2
a bit less funny than the first ep but still good. I like the survival tips. I dunno why there was a jar of jam on the island.

Hopefully now that they've found a source of fresh water they'll stop with the piss jokes

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Sound Euphonium movie
I am halfway convinced Kumiko is a Persona protagonist. Only needs the social link chime to complete the picture. :p

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The Demon Girl Next Door episode 1

Adorable show. Really cute. Yuko is love. I love how everybody takes everything in stride. Demons! Magical girls! Whatever. Ha!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Machikado Mazoku 1

And they say light magical girl series are dead. As a magical girl show I'm obligated to give this a try. And hey, it's a decent comedy. Not that well animated, and the jokes aren't that funny, but the setup is decent enough, so there's room for improvement. Yuko is a cute demon. Momo seems like an appropriate magical girl on the quieter, and I appreciated the timing on the transformation to show that it's near instantaneous. Plus there's probably some commentary on the "bad guys" just trying to get some money and elevate themselves out of poverty.

One thing I found interesting was Momo's powers coming through in her physical strength. Not unusual, but when did magical girls become known for that? I just find it amusing that super-strength is now a typical magical girl power.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Sound Eupho movie slapped but also made extremely clear how essential Naoko Yamada is in making the series the masterpiece it is

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
I watched the 4 first episodes. Why isn't this anime more popular here? It's amazing and so cozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.