• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 19

No one is going to say it huh ...

Fine.

I guess the guardian gods of non-asspull writing are leaving it to me.

This was some absolute Fairy Tail territory bullshit. x2. You have a flashback of ghost papa teaching the son super powerful technique in a flash of a second and ghost mama, literally, forcibly awakening the unconscious daughter before she too springs up with an entirely new magic technique in a milisecond. I'm not sure if even Black Clover was ever so brazen about its nonsense.

/old man yells at kid cartoons.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Savage Maidens 06

Sugawara's past makes a come back in this episode's drama and thankfully, it's not questionable, she actually has a good reason to tease Kazusa.

I see Sonezaki's aversion towards getting into a relationship is only half of her problem. She now has to learn to be open about it.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy I started watching Re zero only this year, the waiting for season 2 won't be too long.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 19

Fine.

I guess the guardian gods of non-asspull writing are leaving it to me.

This was some absolute Fairy Tail territory bullshit. x2. You have a flashback of ghost papa teaching the son super powerful technique in a flash of a second and ghost mama, literally, forcibly awakening the unconscious daughter before she too springs up with an entirely new magic technique in a milisecond. I'm not sure if even Black Clover was ever so brazen about its nonsense.

/old man yells at kid cartoons.
I was about to say it until I read this post tbh.

You're the hero we needed.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Heartbreaking and horrifying events aside, if I happened to be intoxicated when I watched this episode, I would have completely lost it when Thorfinn ran in a very penguin-like fashion alongside the raiders near the end of the episode. This was especially comical, precisely because the preceding events were so exceptionally grim. This was a fantastic episode for an already fantastic series, but I just feel empty now.
DTL mentioned it!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Aikatsu Friends 69

Fun in the sun. Not much going on, but it's nice to see all the idols taking a vacation together. MVPs were Alicia for having an appropriate reaction to the heat and Sakuya for knowing how to smash watermelons in style. But more interestingly, crossover coming soon. What will the nature of it be, and what is the future of both Friends and the franchise as a whole?

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 13

xjYUHNj.jpg

OMG Allen you didn't.

So, we are out of the X-Factor arc. I heard it wasn't well received? Me, I liked it. Overall I still quite like the show, even I keep putting it off.

n7AzQFn.jpg

Not sure about this sub-plot, though...

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Evangelion 22-26 -END-
It's been a fun ride watching this all again but it really, really reminded me that yeah, the whole thing just utterly falls off the tracks at the end. The series sets up a lot of things about the worldbuilding and the actual world and tosses it all in favour of the freudean psychoanalysis and, with the distance of about a decade and a half or more on the last time I watched this, I don't think it does it very well. Misato, Asuka, Rei, all their own self-analysis gets thrown out the window (for the audience anyway) despite being toyed with for Shinji's own self-actualisation. Misato in particular's also turns around and becomes almost entirely weirdly puritan, about sex, about throwing herself away, father figures... Shinji's gets to a good place in terms of dealing with depression and the world around you and the way that your outlook can change all of that, but the problem is the delivery is so clearly theatrical and monologuey and sololiquayey and so very direct that I think it loses all impact unless you've never heard these kinds of affirming messages before.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Carole and Tuesday 16
Both songs this episode were okay, but not great. Flora's story was a decent enough take on what can happen to someone thrust into fame and stardom, only to have their world crumble. Angela's story direction is more interesting at this point with the wild stalker stuff. Also SXSW made it to Mars eh? Is Mars to the south and west of Earth, galacticly speaking? Still, a very odd thing to include outside of the event helping to bankroll the anime's production.
One Piece 897

😭😭😭♥♥♥
9-CFEF745-DB95-45-F3-AAC3-DFC1-D7-CA7829.jpg

66-A42777-6218-4-D97-BB04-9-E3-F4-E59060-D.jpg

2-D6-EF981-72-C6-47-C5-BD26-FF8-EB4-A944-F7.jpg

170-AE1-DB-A9-C5-4557-AFD8-585060052-B13.jpg
Oh shit, I should watch this. I skipped the last two weeks cause of their side event thing. Wano's gonna be fun as the band finally gets back together after absolute ages.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Vinland Saga 6
Much better episode than last, mainly because of the jump in time and the decisions made by Thorfinn in the second half, even if things turned exceptionally grim considering what actually happens (and has been briefly shown) to raided villages. I think the only negative I have specifically is the bit about the Danes and English speaking different languages coming through. Did they use different dialects of Japanese at least during this section? I couldn't really tell while watching this evening.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Demon Slayer 19 - Whew

Haven't had my heart thumping during an anime fight like that in some time.

Got some HQ gifs from the end of the fight in the spoiler. Don't click if you have watched the episode.

nC6y3eF.gif

a1Lh189.gif

LkoM73B.gif

Ufotable is just stunting on other studios. Gotta shout out those who gave them the budget to bring their vision to realization though.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ensemble Stars (Dub) 02

God Bless Funimation for the dub they are giving this show. I am just constantly in awe

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Is that really Funimation's official dub? It sounds like an Abridged Series style joke dub.
Yes. The gimmick is that he speaks very childish-y (like a 6 year old), so this is the localization they went with
I still have no idea why they decided that this was a show that they wanted to dub, but i'm so happy they are doing it

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Vinland Saga 06

Thorfinn's character takes further shape with this tragic event, not really in a good way.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I need to watch less anime, I think.
This year I watched MHA and then I bought the mangas to continue to read the story. I'm considering doing the same with AoT. Today I ordered volume 10 of Re Zero after finishing the anime yesterday.
Problem is I dunno when I'm going to read everything, because I play some games aswell. 😂
I think, I need to be more patient.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I need to watch less anime, I think.
This year I watched MHA and then I bought the mangas to continue to read the story. I'm considering doing the same with AoT. Today I ordered volume 10 of Re Zero after finishing the anime yesterday.
Problem is I dunno when I'm going to read everything, because I play some games aswell. 😂
I think, I need to be more patient.
If you only have issues with buying the continuation stuff
you could watch original stories such as Yuri on Ice or complete stories such as Shiki :P
alternatively you could watch more western cartoons which rarely have a source material such as Infinity train (10 10 minute episodes and a lot of fun) or Steven Universe (plenty of 12 minute episodes but clearly anime influenced at times) or Gravity Falls (2 seasons) ect :P

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls episode 6

Awwwww. Loli has a kindred spirit. Also, this show has the second best OP song (first is the Dumbbells show). The lyrics are freaking nonsense though.

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Cop Craft - 06

Shit is a lot better when you don't have the director's shenanigans when it comes to the action scenes. The car chase scenes were pretty short and to the point and while they didn't have anything spectacular, them not being the chaos that so many scenes from the previous episodes were was really appreciated. The cast is quite likeable and them interacting with each other in such a well paced script ( Gatoh is unbelievably good at this as he has shown plenty of times) was really enjoyable.

I hope the rest of the season has more episodes like this one.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The animation in the new Demon Slayer is probably the best I've ever seen on a TV show. There was some amazing stuff in Mob Psycho II though as mentioned above. I love this show -- it's an absolute treat.

Watched the first two episodes of Durarara. Not really sure what's going on but I enjoyed them and am curious about what is yet to come. The number of episodes I'd need to watch to catch up is a little daunting though. Not sure if the second season covered the rest of the series?

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My very kind friend gave me a profile on their Hi-Dive account. I already put a bunch of stuff in my queue like Legend of Galactic Heroes, Big O, and others, but does anyone have any recommendations for Hi-Dive exclusives or anything on Hi-Dive that isn't on Crunchyroll, Netflix, or Amazon?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
My very kind friend gave me a profile on their Hi-Dive account. I already put a bunch of stuff in my queue like Legend of Galactic Heroes, Big O, and others, but does anyone have any recommendations for Hi-Dive exclusives or anything on Hi-Dive that isn't on Crunchyroll, Netflix, or Amazon?
amusingly I made a list about a two weeks ago of everything on Hidive I would consider good

Log Horizon
Land of the Lustrous
Made in Abyss
The World God Only Knows
My love Story
Haikyu
Girls in a dungeon
Nozaki-Kun
Kokoro Connect
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Chihayafuru
Bloom into you
maybe K-on
Kids on the Slope
Food Wars
(where I had to start looking :P)
Azumanga Daioh
Beyond the Boundry was okay
Big O
Bodacious Space Pirates was okay
Den-noh coil is great
Detroit Metal City
From the New world is great
Ghost Hound
Girls last tour is liked by many
Golden Time
Humanity has declined is supposed to be good
Kino's Journey
Love Lab was popular on era
Love Chunibyo and other delusions (only the first season though)
Medaka Box
Nadia the secret of blue water
No Game no Life
One Week Friends
Parasyte
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Princess Tutu
The Promised Neverland (apperently)
Shirobako is well liked on Era
Space Brothers
Squid Girl (is decent for if nothing else the puns in the english dub)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Un-go
When they cry

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
I need help finding an old anime I saw on TV recently. Must be 70s-80s, there's a giant robot who turns into a jet. IIRC the characters aren't human, they're a bunch of assorted animals.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Sacred Beasts 7

So I guess this ep is why they gave Schaal her own ep as the second of the series.

Yamishibai S7 6

Another swing and a miss. The concept was great though.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
amusingly I made a list about a two weeks ago of everything on Hidive I would consider good

Log Horizon
Land of the Lustrous
Made in Abyss
The World God Only Knows
My love Story
Haikyu
Girls in a dungeon
Nozaki-Kun
Kokoro Connect
Chihayafuru
Bloom into you
maybe K-on
Kids on the Slope
Food Wars
Azumanga Daioh
Big O
Den-noh coil is great
Detroit Metal City
Ghost Hound
Golden Time
Kino's Journey
Medaka Box
No Game no Life
One Week Friends
Parasyte
Princess Tutu
Space Brothers
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Un-go
When they cry
I'll have to check these out, thank you!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to check these out, thank you!
I recommend if you are going to watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 that you go in completely blind to that one.
It's one of the series that is just better if you don't know what you are getting into. Same with Skip Beat or Ouran High School host club (but those aren't on high dive) as the synopsis of those tend to ruin the first episode.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017

I'm not 100% sure if any of these are strictly exclusive to them, but some shows/a movie that stand out and I couldn't find anywhere else with a quick search:

Penguindrum
K-On
Garden of Words

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
bb12890fd5c466851098d8822c5855c131e63582.jpg

anyone recognize this character? someone I follow on tumblr found it and was curious.

Oct 25, 2017
The animation in the new Demon Slayer is probably the best I've ever seen on a TV show. There was some amazing stuff in Mob Psycho II though as mentioned above. I love this show -- it's an absolute treat.

Watched the first two episodes of Durarara. Not really sure what's going on but I enjoyed them and am curious about what is yet to come. The number of episodes I'd need to watch to catch up is a little daunting though. Not sure if the second season covered the rest of the series?
Part of 1st season of DRRR is anime original and in some circles considered really good and better than the canon material.

Beyond that, DRRR!! x2 or rather DRRR!! Sho, DRRR!! Ten, and DRRR!! Ketsu fully adapted the rest of the DRRR!! Light novel series.

sequel series, DRRR!! SH has not had an anime announced.

DRRR!! is one of my favorite LN and anime, Please Enjoy.

Oct 25, 2017

Log Horizon
Land of the Lustrous
Made in Abyss
The World God Only Knows
My love Story
Haikyu
Girls in a dungeon
Nozaki-Kun
Kokoro Connect
Chihayafuru
Bloom into you
maybe K-on
Kids on the Slope
Food Wars
Azumanga Daioh
Big O
Den-noh coil is great
Detroit Metal City
Ghost Hound
Golden Time
Kino's Journey
Medaka Box
No Game no Life
One Week Friends
Parasyte
Princess Tutu
Space Brothers
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Un-go
When they cry
missing

Angel Beats
Hamatora
Re:Hamatora
Hitorijime My Hero
Majestic Prince
W'Z
Glasslip
Amagi Brilliant Park