• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thanks for the recommendations peyrin
I've already seen and adored Bloom Into You (as well as the kinda similar Sweet Blue Flowers), and they were much too short :(

I'll see if I can track down Hyouka next.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, I finished Sound Euphonium a few days ago.
I feel empty inside. No other seasons left, Liz and the Blue Bird is not available in my country, or apparently anywhere outside Japan and the US (I'm actually considering importing the BR).

Jumping around trying to find something else to watch - and to justify paying for this sub - landed on the following:

Shirobako
Not sure about this yet. The characters are just a little bit too annoying so far. Only 1 episode in. Learning about the inner working of the industry is neat though.

Tamako Market
Figured another Kyoto Animation show would work instead... and maybe not that either. Does this get better? I do like Mochi, I don't like that bird.

I keep reverting back to watching episodes of Space Battleship Tiramisu instead.

Tamako Market is very sweet but if you don't like slice of life and want plot or drama then look elsewhere. There are some bittersweet moments in the show though. Its a show that exudes happiness for the most part and also has a fantastic movie.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
oh man, I still need to see sweet blue flowers. thanks for the reminder

I think I talk about kyoani too much
Sweet Blue Flowers is really good if you don't mind slow character driven shows. It might be a top 5 anime for me.
It ends very abruptly though, I ended up ordering in the manga to see where it went from there.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 14 "O Holy Knight"

e0ryhi8.jpg

Another tragedy awaits the black cat, down on luck. As the holy night approaches, Kyousuke must again choose his fate while recounting the summer spent with Kuroneko. He escapes into the dead of night—as she expected—"Ruri" is turned down for the final time. There's someone else, with certainty now. Being pulled to bits yet again results in tearing apart her Destiny Record. She loves him no more. Never again will they cross paths, the grimoire's curse lifted. Then, she lets out a wretched screech. This gives birth to her final form. Yamineko immediately curses the world around her, especially those in love, like her ex-boyfriend. The curtains close on their future together when she walks away into darkness—everything she ever wanted relinquished to his little sister.

RIP

Back home, Kyousuke asks Kirino out to a couples-only event in Akibahara on Christmas Eve. Him pointing out they can do anything else they want afterwards gets her to agree. She ceremoniously wears what she did last time they went out on this holiday. It's a day full of nostalgia for them. Once Kirino nabs her limited-edition trinket, he suggests visiting Sky Tree. When she whines that it's meaningless during the day, he shows her they can pass the time playing an incest game at the hotel he's already booked... Come nightfall, the skies are unfortunately clouded. How's he going to make up for that! By the power of God Almighty, it begins to snow.

TQx1OmB.png

As it turns out, Kirino's going abroad again after graduation. Her assurance that she'll be fine this time is met with Kyousuke's silence. He turns to tell her there's someone he likes and that person is—she stops him and runs away in tears. This is the hobby group's cue to swoop in on their otakumobile. Because this date was Kyousuke and Saori's brainchild, she was on standby in case anything went wrong. (Yamineko's just here to bear witness to the end of the world.) Kirino's spotted just in time for the traffic to stop them. Now effortlessly on the green, all that's left is to tap it in.

NhmuXzL.png

The one Kyousuke loves is Kirino and he doesn't want to let her go far away again. She reminds him not to mix up 2D and 3D, and what about Ruri! On cue, Ruri blasts Kyousuke's voice through the busy street from the mega speakers of the otakumobile. This tailwind encourages him to press on. All others were sacrificed for this moment. Once more, she implores him to reconsider. He tearfully let's go of wasting the chance to fondle those other girls' breasts. Like some self-aware puppet, though, he can't stray from this performance. There's not an ounce of regret to any of it anyway. Even fear of rejection—nothing stops this show.

The incest games she loves, the courage to elope, he can't live up to those expectations but his love won't lose to fiction. Life before, Kirino professes how much she hates him and how grossed out she is and he should be. That "all love is impure" is his only defense (thanks Yamineko). Finally, to tie her down so that she doesn't go anywhere, he asks for his sister's hand in holy matrimony. This melts away all reason in her mind. It's official once she replies with the softest...

"Yes."

People watched this. Many people. That's the most crazy thing about it all. For those unaware, there's something of a sexual connotation Christmas Eve holds for Japanese people... The siblings just leaped to the most binding bond of all too—marriage, the gatekeeper of morally just sex. There's so many issues with this that I don't know where to begin. Age and relation being the biggest ones, obviously. However, it "solves" all of their problems in one fell swoop, so whatever.

Someone somehow recorded Kyousuke's last rejection to Ruri. Was it Kirino listening on the other end of Ruri's phone? I mean, recording speech is Kirino's thing, not Ruri's, so... sigh, I just don't care any more. All these characters are nuts, so what does it matter which one's the most far gone. Bring on the last two nightmares.
—————
Sexual abuse count: 8.666
That abuse count 😂🤮

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hyouka isn't a physical get in aus i think from memory but you can crunchyroll it successfully from here.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
The Rose of Versailles 35

Every single episode lately manages to wreck me at an emotional level so much. The ED bookends the drama beautifully. This is Oscar at her best, unfortunately no longer in a place of as much power as before.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished JoJo Part 4 and loved it from start to finish. Easily my favourite of the bunch so far and gave it a 9/10 on MAL. Amazing soundtrack as well and very much stuck the landing as well. Not as much blueballing as previous seasons as well which is nice for a change.

Part 5 here I come!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Fire Force 9
Another stellar fight scene and introduction to some new baddies, expansion on a few key plot points, and that Shinra is special in some way to making the Earth into Sun 2. Even with all that, Tamaki almost ruins the episode. The brief moment where she sincerely asks Shina to take down Rekka is utterly destroyed by how she's used elsewhere in the episode as a fanservice cudgel to brow-beat the audience almost every other time she's on screen. Her joining the 8th is going to make my eyes roll back into my skull.

DanMachi S2 9
This entire season feels rushed, maybe to hopefully distract by how continually bad it's been. At least this week was a little better than a few of the previous ones even if the animation took a pretty hard hit. I'm ready for this arc and this season to be over and hope the next arc is better because near everything in this arc is the exact opposite of what made the first season good.

Dr. Stone 10

Fruits Basket 23
Some hints about Kyo's past finally coming to light, but we'll save the tissues and our tear ducts for next week.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
O Maidens in your Savage Season 10

This seems to be a noticeably well directed episode than usual(?), someone with a more keen eye could validate this. As much as I'm glad that they've reached the point with Momoka where she not only realises her sexuality, she comes out and even confesses - it's still a lot though this kind of abrupt development not something unusual for this show at this point. The scene with her guy 'friend' is probably what pushed her to this to an extent. Sonezaki's seemed to go fine until it didn't in that post-credits scene but I think this is an interesting area for this show to approach and have her confront. I don't even wanna think about what Kazusa might have to go through between Izumi and Sugawara. Sugawara's reality is falling apart and changing as was Sonezaki's but in quite a different way. I don't know what to make of her predicament at the moment but rest assured, she's had a lot to take in.

I didn't speak much about Hongou's side of the story but this episode's events were really well executed. Questionable in content but it was aware of it, plus it was handled well enough. It shouldn't be a surprise but Tomoyo Kurosawa's voice work really elevates this scene.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Demon Slayer Episode 23:

Still not impressed by Demon Slayer middle managment, also Nezsuko still has that bamboo in her mouth even though the narrative kind of demanaded she not have that in her mouth and thus it was not really proven that she is still a menance to humans.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear XV 10

I don't see how this doesn't end incredibly well. This season has been such a treat and feels like a proper culmination and conclusion of the previous seasons.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear XV 10:
I knew they would be back supercharged.

Also creating a Super Bear Trap to defeat a Furry Mech is peak Symphogear

Oct 25, 2017
Given Episode 8 and 9

Past timeline GIven is so emotional especially with the tale of the four friends and Mafuyu and Yuuki. Mafuyu really had a nice one year of romance and such and so sad it ended in sadness especially in the context that he already had experience great turmoil with the abusive dad in the past. Really sad.

Enjoy the romance advances in the present though cant help but wonder if Mafuyu is moving on too fast if he sees Yuuki in Ue so much, like, is he not just falling in love with him cause hes not over him and their so similar?

Also it was nice how yuuki and mafuyu were kind of open about their relationship to do all of that in public and on the bus and not mind people at school, or hide it from their friend.

Powerful song.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force Episode 9 EngDub

They did my favorite antagonist and favorite fight in this so well. My Star!

Will miss Rekka Hoshimiya should have lasted longer.

Shinra is still just the coolest.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carole & Tuesday 20

Abolish ICE.

I was expecting the political slant in the story but jesus.

Edit: OH SHIT, that was Denzel Curry!?

I hope we get something like this for the finale

86673e479c00c532-gif-mgif-macross-lynn-minmay-macross-do-you-remember-love.gif

Last edited:

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear G, GX, AXV

And I'm finally caught up. Apparently the last episode of AXV was just released on Crunchyroll today? I didn't even plan for that, talk about coincidences.

Show is still stupid as all get out and I love it. I jokingly thought halfway through GX that Hibiki punching something is the solution to every problem and then AXZ shows up and goes "yeah, pretty much".

Now to finally see what kind of craziness you all have been falling backwards about in XV.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear G, GX, AXV

And I'm finally caught up. Apparently the last episode of AXV was just released on Crunchyroll today? I didn't even plan for that, talk about coincidences.

Show is still stupid as all get out and I love it. I jokingly thought halfway through GX that Hibiki punching something is the solution to every problem and then AXZ shows up and goes "yeah, pretty much".

Now to finally see what kind of craziness you all have been falling backwards about in XV.
Crunchyroll is still missing the last episode of AXZ

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Given 6-9

The performance was genuinely great and I really love the song that sung. Legit started tearing up a bit. I say this almost every time I talk about the show, but it's so good to have a gay anime that isn't dogshit.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Given 6-9

The performance was genuinely great and I really love the song that sung. Legit started tearing up a bit. I say this almost every time I talk about the show, but it's so good to have a gay anime that isn't dogshit.

Agreed! Factor in this, Sarazanmai, and a couple of characters in Carole and Tuesday and we have had a great year for gay representation in anime (sorry of I messed others)

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Savage Maidens 10
Like a plan crashing down. Multiple times. Im just happy that everything is going well for Sonezaki (for now).

Fire Force 9
Great episode minus the stupid fanservice mid battle. Where the hell did Arthur end up lmao. Even Zoro would be impressed of his orientation skills.

Demon Slayer 23
Never thought i would glad to hear Zenitsus screams again. Not much progession in this epsisode.

Fruits Basket 23
I wont this show ever to end! It just melts my heart especially in moments like Kyou finally opening up to Tohru. First hints of Kyou real form in the end? Hmm wondering what exactly he is hiding. Seems like he dont want Tohru to know about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed! Factor in this, Sarazanmai, and a couple of characters in Carole and Tuesday and we have had a great year for gay representation in anime (sorry of I messed others)
Enta sucking Kazuki's recorder, sniffing his dirty jersey, and sabotaging everything he has to do with Toi would will never not be creepy, disgusting, and a turn off though.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Enta licking Kazuki's recorder, and sabotaging everything he has to do with Toi would will never not be creepy, disgusting, and a turn off though.

I don't think anyone , including the show would sanction those actions. The show does more than enough to give background to his actions and him being gay is never used as a justification for what he does. Heck I would say out of the three he's certainly the one most willing to change and he sure as heck isn't the most criminal. Finally, Mabu and Reo's story is beautiful and nuanced, it literally is used as a vehicle to critique and give a middle finger to censorship of same sex representation in anime. Sarazanmai is certainly a great forward step in gay representation, sure it doesn't give the gay characters a neat happy story wrapped in a bow, but neither do any of the straight characters.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 15 "Equivalent Exchange"

Once united, Kyousuke gains the superpower to read his sister's mind. Another "life counseling" session, right? But first, they must finish the interrupted incest game. Postponing the climax bugged her. This usual behavior of hers astonished him. "Is it creepy?" Society might think so, but he'll never think less of her for it. She thanks him for falling in love with her. Maybe they'll use the game as a reference, but she puts it away. It's too hard to get into a gaming mood, Kirino's mind a mess.

To follow the game protagonist's example, he unveils his Christmas gift for her. Is it an engagement ring? You bet! He ceremoniously places the ring that he couldn't afford exactly one year ago on her.* Happy as a clam, she sinks into the situation... and then her conscious, to regretfully remind them that marriage is impossible between siblings that share blood. Fears that made her run away earlier bring them both back to reality now. Kirino would have done it herself if he hadn't confessed first though—communion was only a matter of time. After sharing some serious forethought, she whispers her head-simulation into his ear.

Announcing their relationship to the rest of the hobby group goes smoothly, after Kyousuke agreed to Kirino's secret solution. Saori couldn't care less. As long as the four of them can be together, it's all gravy. (Yamineko's just here to enjoy some tea while she watches the world around her burn.) Kyousuke splits early because Kanako has some words for him. At the end of her concert she calls out to him in the crowd, and randomly confesses. What a waste of time, he's going home!

NlXGMG2.png

"Home is where you make it."

One winter morning, Kyousuke wakes up to his fiance's face. He feels her breath breasts. Little did he know she was pretending to be asleep! Kirino just wondered how far along he's come as a gamer is all. Next, he rises up to her bedroom challenge for a "lovers' ritual," the pop quiz set aside. Lovers are to share each other's belongings so she's dumping her hobby on him. Fussing over what games to take, Kyousuke encounters her box of mementos for a rematch, ready for its test now.

Within the photo album are pictures of Kyousuke, as well as an MP3 player with messages from the past. This was the time capsule buried in her closet. Had she become like him yet? Her voice from the third grade asked. Have they gotten married yet? Sixth grade now, just before Manami's judgement. So alone and scared of Manami's words... Even so, she encouraged herself, with her own testimonials, to press on—to find the hints to the siblings' solution for union.

The hotel they stayed in had a single bed and an uncomfortable chair. The hotel they stayed in had a single pillow and an uncomfortable chair. The hotel they stayed in had a single sheet and an uncomfortable chair. By the way, asking Kirino to marry him was indeed key because it's part of her childhood manifesto. That's why it rocked her world. UGH!

Everyone is rotten. Everyone. The talk that Kirino gave her brother about enjoying their game at the right time might elude to the approach the creator took in writing Oreimo. That it should just be done and enjoyed at the appropriate time so that they don't dwell enough to come up with better developments was what Kirino said was best. I take that as a "don't fuss with the details" lampshade. Whether true or not, I'll run with it because there's next to nothing critical here. The story could have been stronger with more restructuring, but whatever. It's all just about middle school girls anyway, which is hidden behind the veil of incest so that it seems radical rather than just disturbing (I'll talk more about this point after the end). It's all glamorized instead.

There's a ton of humor in Oreimo, ranging from overtly blatant to somewhat subtle. Whether it's successful or not... eh, it's alright. Most of it is competent, just not excellent. Saori is a good example, so unpolished. Ayase carried the humor. Kirino and Ruri's was very hit or miss. It mostly works on speech alone so it's hard to tell whether that comes from the acting/directing only or what. There's also quite bit of perverted content, which is tame at best.

Ruri deserved better, if clearly immature herself. Still, she was consistently the most tolerable character. While the bar for that was incredibly low, her scene from the previous episode is easily the most recent highlight. I can't help but think the creator hated Ayase, or maybe that was a result of her content being so crammed around Kirino's, needing to avoid conflicting interests. Anyway, one more nightmare left.
—————
* The expensive ring she asked for on their last Christmas Eve date, back in episode 7 of season 1.
Sexual abuse count: .666

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Finished watching Eureka Seven with friends.

This is an anime-ass anime. In all honesty, I find it bafflingly long-winded and prone to telling way too much rather than showing, much like some other anime I could name in recent memory. It also often stretches my suspension of disbelief beyond the breaking point. I feel like the series could very easily have been cut in half without losing anything of substance. Doubly so if they cut out so much of the unimportant and extraneous narration and conversations expounding upon the obvious.

Overall, it's... okay. The production is solid (as expected of Bones), the music is pretty great, the designs are attractive and unique, and some of the set pieces are very impressive, indeed. I just wish it didn't drag on at so many points, and I wish more of the characters were more... um... human in behavior. Again, anime-ass anime.

If I were to score it, I'd put it around a 7 just because it's visually and aurally pretty solid, but man am I not a fan of how they executed on the storytelling. Judging from reception of the sequel, I'm not touching that one. Not that I feel particularly motivated after what I've seen of this one. Ah, well. C'est la vie.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hibike's queer baiting made it really hard to watch.

They really should have just cemented the relationship as romantic (which it was alluded to in a truck load of symbolism) instead of keeping it open because of the LN's ending.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Carole & Tuesday 20

Abolish ICE.

I was expecting the political slant in the story but jesus.

Edit: OH SHIT, that was Denzel Curry!?

I hope we get something like this for the finale

86673e479c00c532-gif-mgif-macross-lynn-minmay-macross-do-you-remember-love.gif

watanabe really got us another denzel curry x flying lotus collab, god bless

They really should have just cemented the relationship as romantic (which it was alluded to in a truck load of symbolism) instead of keeping it open because of the LN's ending.

there's certainly parts of it not really worth defending but this covers a lot of my thoughts on kumirei. and if you haven't seen liz and the blue bird, that's very explicitly queer

this is a really well-articulated thread on why I hate seeing eupho dismissed as queerbaiting. it has some spoilers for chikai no finale though

the shoe thread got so much attention i thought about it More today and then i thought about something i've always sorta known but had trouble articulating: hibike is an inherently queer show

a lot of the time people present the argument that if reina were a dude there would be zero debate over whether kumirei was meant to be seen as canon. which is true! but if reina were a dude a lot of the intricacies of the relationship wouldn't be there.

her "i want to become special" speech sounds like it should be in a john green novel, but because it's a conversation between two girls literally hiding from the hotbed of heterosexuality below them it becomes a sort of shared understanding rather than "i'm not like other girls"

reina is lonely, is the thing. she's kumiko's mirror in a lot of ways - kumiko puts on the front of friendliness while being distant, reina wants someone by her side in her quest to become special but is so narrow-mindedly following that ambition that she ends up alone.

so many of hibike's central themes - passivity vs action, uncertain futures, finding your passion - tie in really closely with what it's like growing up gay in high school! take that away and you really don't have much at all.

it's why i get really defensive when people think i'm just mad about a ship - sure, i love kumirei, that's part of it - but it's really the entire world these characters inhabit that makes them so vibrant, and it's what makes shuichi feel bland and out of place

kumiko oumae is a lesbian and her entire narrative feels built around that identity in a way that doesn't make it her only defining trait (she's the protagonist! she's complex and well-written beyond her sexuality) but also doesn't let us forget it

it's that delicate balance people are always talking about: so many books/movies/etc. for so long were ABOUT being lgbt+ rather than about people who just were a part of the community (hello rainbow boys), coming-out stories and the like.

and we need those! they're important! but then people started saying, well, we want stories with queer characters who are just allowed to exist and go on fun adventures and fall in love like their straight counterparts! and those are important too!

but what hibike portrays pretty well is that in real life it's usually both of those things. our whole lives don't revolve around being lgbt but it's something that informs our interactions with the world, who to trust and who to avoid, who we can latch onto.

my orientation isn't my only defining factor but it's one that makes my view of the world different from a straight person's. hibike gets that but also insists on putting shuichi in there and it's all very frustrating.

heteronormativity exists in hibike's little universe, too - "like man and woman, instrument and player are made for each other," asuka says, and of course the only characters explicitly stated to be a couple are gotou and riko

even as natsuki and yuuko flirt-banter till the cows come home. kumiko and reina feeling distanced from that world really felt genuine and impactful and i think about it a lot.

liz and the blue bird handles this stuff in a different way - its central theme IS the love story, and it doesn't shy away from this. even when nozomi and mizore are shown apart, they're never far from thinking about the other. it's gay as hell.

and it uses the ultimate representation of youth, a fairytale (albeit a fairytale made for the film) to tell this parallel story. liz's world is bursting with color, timeless, with the only physical danger being a bad storm and the sadness coming from within.

it's brilliant. it's sad. it's about yearning and loving and understanding when it's time to let go and because there is no shuichi-shaped obstacle it is allowed to tell its story in a much more impactful fashion. thank you for coming to my ted talk

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

i think what sucks is that AsukaxKumiko was a great way to end S2 but this doesn't seem to go anywhere and was just thrown in there and KumikoxReina not happening hurts Reina's character as her obsession with Taki isn't healthy at all and she seems unable to move on from this despite developing a fantastic relationship with Kumiko

Deleted member 59

Decided to resub to CR seeing as I've got loads to catch up on and MHA season 4 starts soon.

Started Attack on Titan season 2; completely forgot who anyone is but I've liked the direction of the first few episodes so far.

Also dove back in to Gintama. Over the past two years or so I've managed to to episode 115 or so. It's a great show to dive back in to every now and then. So consistent and fun. It's likely gonna take me multiple years to finish!

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for yall as it's probably the best place to ask.

I'm watching Evangelion on Netflix.

Upto episode 22. Does Netflix have the directors cut episodes as standard?

Do I need to watch Death 2? (This is the second cut of rebirth right?)

Should I just watch all the series and then watch end of Evangelion?

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
After the latest presentation of Production I.G's upcoming first "4K HDR" project, called Sol Levante (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecr_02W2Csw), Hisashi Ezura has taken the opportunity to recollect on his blog prior experimentation of efficient 4K resolution and HDR production methods or workflow, his involvement with along some processes useful in the making of Sol Levante itself, and musings about the current state of the volume-based key animation and in-between animation work required.

The later blog post certainly paints an excruciatingly bleak vision of a very possible impending collapse in the current production line method for Japanese animation. Mr. Ezura writes about how 30 years ago his objective of 1000 sheets per month to obtain 120000 JPY (at 120 JPY per unit/sheet) was attainable not without its difficulty, and some were aiming at 2000 or even 3000 per month, but compared to how the average in current times is in comparison only 200 JPY per unit for in-betweens or 'dōga' (he mentions some productions can expend 400 JPY per unit, which is rare), with a dramatic increase in time consumed due to detailing linework for 2K resolution to resolve, the situation is even more miserable now. Furthermore, according to Mr. Ezura, for a 4K resolution to be target definition in projects things in the near future could get worse to the point of disaster; he explains how his experiments needed for him to scan at least 4 whole pages of 'AJA Fr01' A4 layout paper standard (combined are equivalent to the A2 size) and stitch them later together digitally, as scanning bigger formats like A2 or A3 is harder with current common equipment even at professional studio depts., just because scans of A4 size at the 375 DPI necessary to resolve 4K UHD or DCI 4K resolution lack the obligatory detail 'finesse' to extract from strokes in the usual draftmanship.

As a solution, Mr. Ezura calls for rapid and broader implementation of something similar to "cut-out techniques for animation" (or "カットアウトの作画技術"), blurring the boundaries between individual sheets and all-encompassing digital canvases, which would render the system of paying per unit/sheet more unsuitable to gauge legitimately, or eventually irrelevant. Making in response a fair monthly salary structure in common for every employee within a studio in charge of a project (extensible to outsourcing entities) would then be an easier and also a more proper end remedy for the situation.

These valuable nuggets of information help in understanding that fast technological advancements, without initiating a well planned adaptation or transition period, can ultimately bring down the whole production line before being definitely an aid in the long term.

If possible, I would recommend skipping Tamako Market, which isn't especially interesting overall, in favor of the film Tamako Love Story, which is actually very good.
But, but... Mr. Kigami's episode, man! :-(

gahhhhhh what is it with excellent queer anime adaptations and ending abruptly
That's why as a self-contained story adaptation Classmates is in a class of its own! ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.