• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
The best part of endless eight is watching it without knowing it's called endless eight. By the time I got to four I wasn't sure how long this could get. By 6 or 7 I was surprised someone in the production had the cojones to go so far with it.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
El Melloi Case Files 10

I don't understand how that murder happened but it definitely sounds cool.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Aquarion Evol ep.20
I was just going to wait until the end of the show to post about it again, but this episode man..... Space Magic. Just pure 100% M
ME3 ending space magic:

tumblr_pu6wxipYwJ1tp5yuio3_500.gif

to

a5fjcgm.jpg

Like... My goodness. The story goes from absurd to completely absurd, lol. with the gender/personality stuff. I cannot wait for this to finish, because it can be nothing more than a crash landing...

Space magic from the curse.... my goodness....

Last edited:

moogs

Oct 25, 2017

Lonely

Oct 25, 2017
A nice little surprise but Studio Ponoc's Modest Heroes is up on UK Netflix. Not sure about availability in the rest of the world.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Sacred Beasts 11

I think at this point it's safe to say even Golden Kamuy had a better adaptation.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
OK so I finally saw Liz and the Blue Bird from Australia. Gather around and let me tell you a tale.

This film, along with many anime films for some reason, is not available in this country. In fact, it appears to have only been released in Japan and the US. Why?
It is available for rent on Amazon Prime US. I have Prime, but the Australian one has far less content and no renting abilities.
In case anybody ever needs to google this shit hopefully my response comes up if I post it publicly here.

- I used a DNS switching service to access US Prime (this only works through a PC browser though, none of the Prime apps will work), though it complained that I didn't have a valid US address to rent a movie -_-
- I made a fake address in the US, attempted again, it says my card is not valid as it needs to be a US card
- I used by "invalid" card to buy Amazon gift money, attempted again but got the same error message...
- I deleted my payment info...

Success! It rented the movie using the gift money and I managed to stream it via Chromecast to the TV.

Unfortunately my Chromecast fucked up a lot and needed to be restarted a couple of times. Most notably during the last 5 minutes of the film which would freeze up (despite playing fine on my PC). PC is wired to router but Chromecast was wifi, though located literally above the router.
It was a beautiful film, this was probably not the best way to experience it.
I think the Tamako Love Story is there too, but I might need to recover from this annoying experience before even thinking about that right now.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to have to drop Minami-ke, too many fanservice shots of fucking elementary school kids. Stay classy Japan. I'd consider skipping from the second season to the third if someone could guarantee me none of that shit.

OK so I finally saw Liz and the Blue Bird from Australia. Gather around and let me tell you a tale.

This film, along with many anime films for some reason, is not available in this country. In fact, it appears to have only been released in Japan and the US. Why?
It is available for rent on Amazon Prime US. I have Prime, but the Australian one has far less content and no renting abilities.
In case anybody ever needs to google this shit hopefully my response comes up if I post it publicly here.

- I used a DNS switching service to access US Prime (this only works through a PC browser though, none of the Prime apps will work), though it complained that I didn't have a valid US address to rent a movie -_-
- I made a fake address in the US, attempted again, it says my card is not valid as it needs to be a US card
- I used by "invalid" card to buy Amazon gift money, attempted again but got the same error message...
- I deleted my payment info...

Success! It rented the movie using the gift money and I managed to stream it via Chromecast to the TV.

Unfortunately my Chromecast fucked up a lot and needed to be restarted a couple of times. Most notably during the last 5 minutes of the film which would freeze up (despite playing fine on my PC). PC is wired to router but Chromecast was wifi, though located literally above the router.
It was a beautiful film, this was probably not the best way to experience it.
I think the Tamako Love Story is there too, but I might need to recover from this annoying experience before even thinking about that right now.
you should look into getting a VPN, much less headache involved with region locked crap.

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
The forbidden lemon the siblings had the pleasure of sharing together was already drying up.
E2m5idL.png

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. 16 [END]

When they break from each other's embrace, so too breaks their union. It was only for the moment their lips were connected that they considered themselves man and wife. Graduation was the sunset clause on their pact. From that moment, they graduated from being kids and from their life of real incest. Two birds, one stone. That precious stone is then plucked off her finger and returned to Kyousuke. The ring that burned a hole in his pocket now burns a hole between them.
—————
Domestic violence count: 40.5 | Sexual abuse count: .666
So wait that's it ? Bloody false advertising, boooooooo.

I mean ... by the sheer infamy of the title, I just assumed the series ends with them together but it seems they pull back from it at last moment.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Arifureta 9
What in tarnation. This episode might just be the worst one yet. Both the CG and the content of the episode were terrible.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017

I mean ... by the sheer infamy of the title, I just assumed the series ends with them together but it seems they pull back from it at last moment.
From what I've read elsewhere, this was the "best" the creator could do with the restrictions from the publisher. I don't know if that's true or not, but since Oreimo isn't a critical work, I'd understand if fully committing would have been bad for the company's reputation.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
E2m5idL.png

Nah this is totally a *winkwinknudgenudge* ending cause the publisher has to maintain some level of plausible deniability.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm looking for recommendations for an anime to watch with my girlfriend. She's in the mood for something with action that is also apocalyptic. Now, I know plenty of anime that have post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic settings but nothing that really meets her definition. Basically she would like something that shows humanity dealing with a (potentially) apocalyptic situation, rather than the aftermath. She used Independence Day as a point of reference, which many would categorize as a disaster film but it kind of encapsulates what she is looking for. She also referenced Attack on Titan which, from what I've seen, is a bit hard to categorize. Any suggestions?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for recommendations for an anime to watch with my girlfriend. She's in the mood for something with action that is also apocalyptic. Now, I know plenty of anime that have post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic settings but nothing that really meets her definition. Basically she would like something that shows humanity dealing with a (potentially) apocalyptic situation, rather than the aftermath. She used Independence Day as a point of reference, which many would categorize as a disaster film but it kind of encapsulates what she is looking for. She also referenced Attack on Titan which, from what I've seen, is a bit hard to categorize. Any suggestions?
M3
No.6
Steins;Gate
Nagi no Asukura
Tsuritama
God Eater

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
fullmetal alchemist
eva
idk never watched it but seraph of the end

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

the simple answer is nobody picked up the rights iirc. I think their production committee structure is different for Sound Eupho stuff.

moogs

Oct 25, 2017
Bokurano

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

There's more, but tgese are the first ones I can think of
Blue Gender
School-Live

To a lesser degree because it's a "limbo" world, but she might really like:
-Angel Beats

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
muv luv alternative

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Gender and Evangelion are the first things to come to mind.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Bakurano maybe? Watched it earlier this year it was pretty good.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (19-24)
I liked the direction this arc went in, even if I think that pretty much everyone but Nagato when 'too far' with what they were working with. Especially Kyon and Haruhi, even if I think Kyon was in the right up until he lost his cool. As for the major stuff from the arc, I was actually more surprised by some of the revelations out of our supernatural three and their differing views on Haruhi herself. Not what I was exactly suspecting based on how things have played out over the past 20+ episodes and may throw a wrench in here soon before the end. Same with how Kyon handled the end of the arc, tho that might have been just to cheer Haruhi up.
So each group has the opposite idea on who Haruhi is and the idea of the phenomina around her. I mean, that makes sense, but it's almost wild that Koizumi and Asahina are "at war" with the other based around the way I took Koizumi's latenight discussion with Kyon at the end of the arc. As for the love scene, I still agree with Kyon that Haruhi when to far in drugging Asahina and her using those around her like her toys. I get that Kyon's got some personal feelings mixed up in there around his like/lust for Asahina, but he took things a few steps too far by trying to strike Haruhi to get his point across.

I fully expect Kyon revealing the secrets of the other members of the SOS team to come back and bit him in the ass.
Only 4 episodes left and then the movie. This has been by far the weirdest ride I've watched in some time.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to watch Demon slayer and I'm surprise how much empathy it has for it characters. I'll have a better impression when I catch up to the latest episode but happy to be watching it.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the show. Tanjiro's absolute unrelenting kindness in the face of everything is so admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.